Am I the only one who re-reads their own posts?

Discussion in 'THREAD ARCHIVES' started by Gwazi Magnum, Feb 19, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I noticed I have a tendency where after making a post I will sometimes scroll back and re-read them just for the hell of it.

Does anyone else tend to do that?
    Or am I just weird? :P

• Like Like x 2
  2. Definitely not.

I re-read my own posts and make edits weeks after it was relevant.

• Like Like x 1
  3. I do it all the time, especially if the roleplay is something I'm totally engrossed in! :D

4. I do it every time I get into a nostalgic mood and want to relive past moments.

5. Naaah, I do it all the time. Not sure why, though partially it's to make sure I haven't made any mistakes.

Sometimes it's just because I'm vain and laugh at my own jokes.

6. ^ This is my exact response. I have roleplay posts from months ago with edits of phony typos <.< ^

7. I only do so when I forget what I wrote...which is pretty often.

8. I do right after I post and right after I get a reply.

9. I'm so glad I'm not the only one.

10. yep. o_o

11. I don't even stop at IC posts. Sometimes I'll re-read OOC rants shortly after posting them.

12. For me it's mainly the OOC rants I'll re-read... :/

13. I don't. I find it too much of a hassle to read through large portions of text, at least when it's something leisurely. I mean, it's RP'ing, something I do for fun. Not something that will decide my grade or the outcome of my life. Don't get me wrong, I always try to make sure my posts have some meat to them and are comprehensible, but most of the time I won't obsess over it.

What I will do though, is write a paragraph or two and read that through a couple of times while thinking up the next thing to write. I will change, add, and remove bits and pieces as I see fitting, write up a couple more paragraphs, and so on. I try not to fret too much over petty typos and grammatical errors, but if I notice them, I'll correct them. Even if it's months after I made the post.

14. It is called proofreading, no? Theoretically yes, but considering 80% of my posts are when I am sleep deprived...well no.

15. I don't think he meant proofreading. Or at least, I don't always do it for proofreading. I mean, I do proofread, but then after the fact I have a tendency to go back and re-read my posts again anyway for reasons I'm not quite sure of myself... O.o

• Thank Thank x 2
  16. In that case, you're hella weird, Gwazi!

Just kidding. In fact, I do sometimes reread my posts for fun. Especially if my character is being a real baws in it. For some reason I just immediately thought this was about proofreading o.O

17. I do, over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and-

• Like Like x 1
  18. Kaga's right, I didn't mean proof-reading.
    I mean reading it over just cause you love the look of your own typing.

19. I do. More times than I'm willing to admit.

Oh, I just admitted that? Ah he-

*Call ended*

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.