Am I the only one who re-reads their own posts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gwazi Magnum

Previously Gwazi Magnum
Original poster
MYTHICAL MEMBER
Invitation Status
Posting Speed
  1. 1-3 posts per day
  2. One post per day
  3. 1-3 posts per week
Online Availability
This changes too frequently to give anything reliable.
Writing Levels
  1. Intermediate
  2. Adept
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
Genres
Sci-Fi, Fantasy, Adventure.
I noticed I have a tendency where after making a post I will sometimes scroll back and re-read them just for the hell of it.

Does anyone else tend to do that?
Or am I just weird? :P

Definitely not.

I re-read my own posts and make edits weeks after it was relevant.

Reactions: ElBell
I do it all the time, especially if the roleplay is something I'm totally engrossed in! :D

I do it every time I get into a nostalgic mood and want to relive past moments.

Naaah, I do it all the time. Not sure why, though partially it's to make sure I haven't made any mistakes.

Sometimes it's just because I'm vain and laugh at my own jokes.

Definitely not.

I re-read my own posts and make edits weeks after it was relevant.
^ This is my exact response. I have roleplay posts from months ago with edits of phony typos <.< ^

I only do so when I forget what I wrote...which is pretty often.

I noticed I have a tendency where after making a post I will sometimes scroll back and re-read them just for the hell of it.

Does anyone else tend to do that?
Or am I just weird? :P

I'm so glad I'm not the only one.

I don't even stop at IC posts. Sometimes I'll re-read OOC rants shortly after posting them.

For me it's mainly the OOC rants I'll re-read... :/

I don't. I find it too much of a hassle to read through large portions of text, at least when it's something leisurely. I mean, it's RP'ing, something I do for fun. Not something that will decide my grade or the outcome of my life. Don't get me wrong, I always try to make sure my posts have some meat to them and are comprehensible, but most of the time I won't obsess over it.

What I will do though, is write a paragraph or two and read that through a couple of times while thinking up the next thing to write. I will change, add, and remove bits and pieces as I see fitting, write up a couple more paragraphs, and so on. I try not to fret too much over petty typos and grammatical errors, but if I notice them, I'll correct them. Even if it's months after I made the post.

It is called proofreading, no? Theoretically yes, but considering 80% of my posts are when I am sleep deprived...well no.

I don't. I find it too much of a hassle to read through large portions of text, at least when it's something leisurely. I mean, it's RP'ing, something I do for fun. Not something that will decide my grade or the outcome of my life. Don't get me wrong, I always try to make sure my posts have some meat to them and are comprehensible, but most of the time I won't obsess over it.

What I will do though, is write a paragraph or two and read that through a couple of times while thinking up the next thing to write. I will change, add, and remove bits and pieces as I see fitting, write up a couple more paragraphs, and so on. I try not to fret too much over petty typos and grammatical errors, but if I notice them, I'll correct them. Even if it's months after I made the post.

It is called proofreading, no? Theoretically yes, but considering 80% of my posts are when I am sleep deprived...well no.

I don't think he meant proofreading. Or at least, I don't always do it for proofreading. I mean, I do proofread, but then after the fact I have a tendency to go back and re-read my posts again anyway for reasons I'm not quite sure of myself... O.o

I don't think he meant proofreading. Or at least, I don't always do it for proofreading. I mean, I do proofread, but then after the fact I have a tendency to go back and re-read my posts again anyway for reasons I'm not quite sure of myself... O.o
In that case, you're hella weird, Gwazi!

Just kidding. In fact, I do sometimes reread my posts for fun. Especially if my character is being a real baws in it. For some reason I just immediately thought this was about proofreading o.O

Kaga's right, I didn't mean proof-reading.
I mean reading it over just cause you love the look of your own typing.

Kaga's right, I didn't mean proof-reading.
I mean reading it over just cause you love the look of your own typing.

I do. More times than I'm willing to admit.

Oh, I just admitted that? Ah he-

*Call ended*

Status
Not open for further replies.