Am I the only one who re-reads their own posts?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think I can safely say that everyone does this, at least I would assume they did. I do quite often.

I realize now that my Yep was unclear as to which thing I was yepping at. O___O

Yes, I reread my posts. .__.; I read them before I post, and SEVERAL times after over the span of a few days. Cause I'll word-dyslexic things but not catch them until a few days later when my brain stops autocorrecting. c_____c

Yes.

I sometimes re-read them up to a month later. Usually not past that, and just for evaluation purposes. It's good to take a step back sometimes.

I will re-read some of the more successful rps I've been in though. The ones that have completed and always fun to go back and skim through. In those cases I am reading everyones posts though and not just my own.

Nope. I do this all the time. I actually had a few of my favorite rps saved on my computer to reread for the fun of it. Sadly I lost them when my computer crashed. :(

Nope. I reread them and then I notice my mistakes. My horrible mistakes.

Such wonderful content deserves a little extra appreciation.

And about two or three edits.

Who doesn't like to fellate their ego by seeing their own words immortalized in digital text format?

Reactions: Kagayours
I mainly do this for debate or discussion topics, actually. >_> like, I go back and check that my argument is coherent and flows well, and the point I'm making is clear. Often I'll double back and add in extra ideas/thoughts/clarifications while I'm still replying, so for it to be clear and coherent I have to go back and smooth things over.

I re-read them for edits, or in the case that I'm in a roleplay that has survived while a while, to re-cap what my character was previously doing a few posts ago.

I only tend to reread my previous posts when I'm looking back for particular details to make sure a current post is accurate, so nah. I never proofread a post before posting, either. ;D

After a few proofreads, I read my writing before and after posting it regardless whether it's a reply to IC, OOC or some random thread like this.

Yet I still find stupid mistakes if I happen to read my stuff later on for some bizarre reason.

Not only do I do this, but I often laugh at jokes I have made.

And more than once I'm the only one who thinks it's funny.

Reactions: idlehands
I reread what I do, it helps me to refresh my memory of what has happened before in case I forgot something important.

I will, especially if I've quite enjoyed the RP.

I noticed I have a tendency where after making a post I will sometimes scroll back and re-read them just for the hell of it.

Does anyone else tend to do that?
Or am I just weird? :P
Nope. I re-read my own RP post to remind me where the Plot is going and what has been going on.

i need to re-read sometimes just to remember the details before continuing on with a complex plot

I always re-read my posts. In fact, for my last few sessions on public comp, I've been going back to sites I've RPed on, just to read again the stories I and others have made. Allows me to remind myself about character history, so I don't forget details. Plus, I just like reading the RPs I've played in, pretty much for the same reason I joined said RPs in the first place. Only disappointment is due to the fact most of the RPs I've been in never finished, so I'm left wondering where they would've gone had they continued.

Many other reasons to re-read, but these are the ones I can think of at present. Though it pretty much boils down to keeping tabs on my work. Or should I say what work remains... hasn't been deleted either by the "GM" or an "Act of God." Probably half the RP stuff I've written online over the years no longer exists.

I do it all the time. Especially when it has been over a week since i last posted. Usually not completely my own fault.

Nah, I reread my posts all the time! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.