Altera Novum

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
"Sek, stand down. I'll handle this." He says, stepping forward and reaching for something in his front pocket. "Relax, it's just my ID" he says to the wary security force.

"Special Agent Kallard Drayton, ISP, Argus Sector." He flashes his badge. "Paul Orion Martin, you are under arrest for the assault on a citizen of the United Federation of Planets and for the illegal attempt to detain Federation citizens. Now, power down your weapons, and step out of your armor, or I'll tack on resisting arrest to your list of charges." He orders strongly to the man power armor. "This file is already being transmitted directly to the ISP database. So, don't think you'll be able to intimidate your way out of this." He says

Last edited by a moderator:
When the crinis began to switch minds with the boy, Aach-Ti found himself unable to switch. Sek managed to repel him, however it didn't feel like him, and yet it felt more like the boy than ever. It was difficult for him to describe, but he could, feel more of Sek than there ever was before. Sek wasn't aware that Aach-Ti failed to trade minds since he was under the impression that the crinis merely wanted to keep him restrained. Never in his years has he seen some one resist his mental powers in such an odd fashion. Mistress Blake should know about this development.

Sek buckles under the mental pressure Aach-Ti exerts on the boy, nearly falling to his knees. After Aach-Ti spoke with him, the boy stood back up, holding his aggression back, "Argh, Fine!! Dad if you attack me again-"

"Sek, stand down. I'll handle this." He says, stepping forward and reaching for something in his front pocket. "Relax, it's just my ID" he says to the wary security force."

"Special Agent Kallard Drayton, ISP, Argus Sector." He flashes his badge. "Paul Orion Martin, you are under arrest for the assault on a citizen of the United Federation of Planets and for the illegal attempt to detain Federation citizens. Now, power down your weapons, and step out of your armor, or I'll tack on resisting arrest to your list of charges." He orders strongly to the man power armor. "This file is already being transmitted directly to the ISP database. So, don't think you'll be able to intimidate your way out of this." He adds.

"Seriously...? You think you have the authority to arrest me?
"Yes."

Kallard and Captain Martin eye each other down for a few seconds. The captain looks back at his enraged son, to Kallard, to the Admiral behind him. "Jesus Paul, you never had a clear head when dealing with family. Captain Uhn, nice to finally meet you." He looks directly at Kallard for a moment.
"...What are the charges against Sara? I demand to know." Ansel asks, "She has committed terrorism, in the form of destroying a large portion of the city of Saeal, we have several unconfirmed charges against her that are currently under investigation."
He turns to the rest of the group, "You have my apologies crew of the Metal Bird, captain Martin is a soldier, not a law enforcement officer. While his actions we're not completely justified...I hope that we can...look past these few...shall we say...disagreements, and you can be placed under our supervision. So let's put down our fists, badges, and power armor blasters, so we can discuss this like rational sentient beings"
"So you want to detain us then?
"Detain is such a harsh word, I prefer to see it as... The six of you to be treated as guests rather than potential terrorist. Including Sara and you.. Unless you plan on doing this the hard way, but I think everybody here would prefer if no shots were to be fired."

Sek refused to look away from his father, glaring at his every movement. Captain Uhn extended his hand out towards Kallard.

"I don't like this, he is being far too nice. I don't trust him." Sara explain to her allies telepathically.

Excuse me?

Aach-Ti pipes up, using his telepathy to appear as if he were talking,

I was under the impression that Sara and Sek were under arrest, and now everyone aboard the Metal Bird is deemed a potential terrorist?
I am an Academy Diplomat, Ansel is my charge, and apparently Mr. Drayton here is and ISP operative.

Now, either you are placing Sek and Sara under arrest, or you are not.
If you are placing Sek or Sara under arrest, then you incur the wrath of the ISP.
If you are not placing either Sek or Sara under arrest, then you are wasting my time.
Either way, the Metal Bird and it's crew are leaving to the Academy Headquarters for a debriefing.

So what shall it be Admiral?

Using Emotional Control to inspire fear in the Admiral.

"For the record, I am taking Sara into my care. Regardless of what she's done before, criminal acts from her will not be a concern. Imprisoning her, or any other way you might wish to phrase it, is no longer a viable option."

Ansel. Quiet.
This is a power play.

If they think that they cannot arrest anyone without provoking some serious hostility, then they will let us go.
Threatening them shows that we are in a vulnerable enough place to have to make threats.

"I urge you all to think carefully on what you are doing Aach-Ti. I have heard much about your exploits. Think Crinis, the reputation of you people will not survive your imprisonment, Kallard you likely will not be part of the ISP any longer now that you have gone outside your jurisdiction if you-"
"Security, let them go."
"What?"
"Let. Them. Go."
Captain Uhn and General Martin stood eye to eye, as the security forces looked around for direction, "I am the captain of this ship and you have no authority-"
"I am one of the heads of the Federation Army and head of the Academy Tactical forces, I out rank you on both accounts. Let. Them. Go."

The captain glanced around at the crew of the Metal Bird and finally turned away, "Fine. I won't stop them from talking to Blake. Just know that you where the one who made this choice General Martin." He started to walk away, and the security forces lowered their weapons. Sara became much less tense after the captain left.
"Ensign, give this ship here as much fuel as it can take. Sek-"
"Don't talk to me!" The boy marched back onto the ship.
"Like father like son... Aach-ti, Stacy has told me plenty about you. Please, keep him safe."

[spoili] [/spoili]
[spoili]Aach-ti good sense general Martin's sincerity. While talking to him, there was also a greatpain that resided for for his wife. The genuine feelings of regret, for both attacking his son moments ago, and the way he didn't help raise his own son almost overwhelmed Aach-ti. The young Crinis was never a father, but he could sense the feelings well enough to understand his irrational behavior, his memory of Sek's mother was too painful for him to deal with. In Aach-ti's mind however that did not come close to justifying attacking family, especially when the law is broken in doing so.[Aach-ti/spoili][/spoili]

Kallard doesn't say another word. He just makes his way back to the cockpit. No one stops him, either. He's surprised they didn't try to get him to drop the case. Lucky for them, he doesn't have time to process the paperwork. Something big is going on, and he meant to get to the bottom of it.

Captain Martin started thinking to himself, "I know you are listening. Please don't let him forsake his loved ones, don't let his sense of duty take him, and most of all...don't let him end up like me."
Aach-Ti turned away from the captain, ignoring him entirely. The rest of the crew followed him onto the ship. After the landing bay door closed Sek added, "Thanks Aach-Ti, you're...a good friend."
"It is of no issue, I understand that emotions can run high. Just make sure you never run on the wrong side of the law. We'll have to deal with it later. You don't have to say anything until we reach Mistress Blake."
"Legally speaking, however I'd get your story straight before you talk to any more of us ISP agents."
He nodded and shook his head, getting the gushy thoughts out of his head, "I hope you two don't mind, but I'd rather take the bridge for myself."
Star shrugged and walked off to the technical bay on the middle floor, Aach-Ti, Ansel, Kallard, and Sara, retired to their respective. Before separating Sara approached Aach-Ti, "By the way..." She threw a light punch into the Crinis's central stomach, "That was for that Hansel business!" Aach-Ti recovered from the blow as she walked to her room.

A few hours of hyperspace past while the crew rested. Finally the PA system rang, "Bing-Bong-Bing-Bong! Hello crew of the illustrious Metal Bird, we have arrived at our destination of Earth II, I hope you enjoy your stay and have a nice day. Don't forget to tip your waitresses and everything will be fine and dandy." The ship made a solid THUD landing seconds later. "I wish you would Tell Us When We're About To Land!" Sara shouted from across the ship. She bursted out from her room and made a B line to the bridge. Sek came out and started walking down to the docking bay. Where Sara, who wore an obscene amount of makeup ineptly plastered on her face, chased him down and tackled him throwing her fists into him while the boy playfully wrestled with her. Kallard noticed this 'fight' first when entered the docking bay, followed by Star, "Who was she trying to impress?"
"More than likely it is none of your concern. Human beings tend to be...elusive about their feelings, especially when they have little...social skills." Aach-Ti and Ansel came down the stairs, "Hm." her brother grunted, watching the two wrestle on the ground. She shot back up, and crossed her arms, "I...he should have given us warning..."
"I gave you guys like, a three second warning!"
"You Messed My Face Up!"
"Children Please! Act your age! The Academy is not a place for children to be messing around!"
The door opened onto the docking bay of the Academy HQ, and revealed Mistress Blake standing in the middle of a small herd of multi racial children from the ages of five to ten, "Children pay attention, this is an Academy strike team. Typically, strike teams deal with combative and hostile situations. That man in particular, the one who is the size of a car, can anyone tell me what he does on a glance?"
"Punchy Punching!"
"Right what about that one..."
"What is she doing with those...kids?"
"Field trip I guess."
"No, I mean...why is she dealing with those...little monsters?"

"Those 'little monsters' are the future of the Academy."
She approached the group and spoke directly to Aach-Ti, "Tell me about your...time out." She asked within the crew's mind.

"Kallard, Commander Hark needs to speak with you. Federation Military Business. He will meet you within the Academy's war room."

12272754_1641202432807506_2146117790_n.jpg

"Affirmative. I'll make my way"
Kallard replies. The Academy headquarters was a rather large building and it was easy to get lost in. Thankfully, he can just download a map of the facility. The War Room was centralized towards the middle of the facility. When he eventually sees Field Marshal Hark, he is greeted.

"Kallard?" He asks.

"Reporting, sir." He says, without saluting as he isn't in the military anymore.

"Excellent. Come inside" Hark replies. They move into the war room. A number of species all possessing the rank of Field Marshall are arranged around a HIBSN(Holographic Integrated BattleSpace Network, pronounced Hibb-Sin) table. Kallard has never seen so much brass collected in one room, let alone be in the same room.

"I assume you've met with Blake?" Hark asks.

"Only briefly." Kallard replies.

"Good. We would like to debrief you on the rescue. But, for now, just give us a simplified version. We can do a full debriefing later."

"If by rescue, you mean escape, then yes, I can fill you in. After I diffused the bomb on Sasael, we were all transported to a gas chambered. I died. Everyone else, I assume was taken prisoner, since they happen to not be dead."

"Died? If you died, why are you still breathing quite capably now?"

"Honestly couldn't tell you, sir. All I know is that I woke up inside of a morgue cadaver shelf, much to the horror of the morgue technicians. Long story short I took care of them, borrowed some clothes and infiltrated the ship. I recovered my gear and ran into the others. We eventually organized an escape plan. Now we're here."

"Did you see anybody of interest."

"Several. The place was like a terrorist leader meet and greet. Wym, Burk, Katal, and Luon were all there. Gave them a face full of engine in the escape. Doubt they're dead, though."

The officers in the room nod in approval of the information they have just heard.

"How would like to be part of the military again?"

"Sir, my induction tells me that by now, my employment status has opened up considerably."

"Yes. Your ISP status is no longer valid. Welcome to the force. We'll need you to be something more than just a soldier."

"Hark seems to be getting ahead of himself. What about Blake?"

"What about her?"

"She organized this mission, she has-"

"Arrived."

"Blake, now that your here, we can begin."

"Quite so. Kallard, you remember Paul right hun?"

"Affirmative"

"You see when he was young-"

"Mistress Blake we don't have time to be coy. We believe he, and many other higher ups, may be trying a cou against the Federation leaders. As far as we have been able to gather, there is a group out there that believes a democracy cannot function with trillions of citizens. Also, we believe the majority of them are within if the military."

"I can only think of a handful of military leaders that have the potential to break their oaths. 'Paul' is one of them. His blatant abuse of power in the past, as well his past war crimes, make it no doubt to me. If he didn't have so many friends in high places on the civilian side, he'd be rotting in prison"

Mistress Blake takes a sigh and Hark continues, "Long story short, we think Captain Martin may be their only military force they have. The rest are either wealthy rulers and business men, such as King Vemustari , ruler of the planet Hulen Prime, or Alex Ergo owner of Ergo corp."

"Which leads us to you..." Mistress Blake speaks up, "You will be dispatched to Hulen Prime to find out any conspiracy against the Federation or the Academy."

"Yeah, about that. I have a mountain of data that I recovered from Wym's base. Preliminary reading lead me to believe ErgoCorp was involved in a conspiracy. I need time, men and equipment to analyse it fully."

"Give that to Commander Huin, he'll get t it analyzed."

"He would need my algorithm to find all the bits of data I hid all over the net in 'plain view', so to speak. If there is evidence of conspiracy, it will be in that data."

Hark "You hid the data across the net...? That's either brilliant or stupid!"

Blake "Often there is a fine line between the two. The difference is if it works."

Huin "Get Makens up here to retrieve the data."

"I didn't have a choice. There was far too much data to store on my person. Had to improvise. It was close to 5000 Terabytes."

Huin "Five-thousand!?!"

Blake "We will have the data analyst find out what it is. For now, let us brief you on the mission. Hark?"

Hark "Hulen Prime is the most hospitable planet within that system. It is home to 87% of the population within that system. The other 17 planets and moons are mining colonies all under King Vemustari's kingdom. He tends to favor the peoples will so long as they keep his kingdom growing."

Blake, "There are three targets of suspicion of treason. The king, queen, and princess. Each one of them is a suspect of treason. If you find any information, you must not engage or arrest them without your team. You, and the others you came with on that ship, will be assigned to protecting the king, queen, and Princess."

"What is the racial make up of the system. Will I stick out with the locals?

"There is a large mix, this kingdom was created by a large colony decades ago"

"That should make it easier to blend in. When am I expected to be dispatched?"

"You'll be leaving as soon as the rest of your team leaves. One last thing. You are not to be a regular soldier. No, we're making you into a Ghost."

"Ghost?"

"They are the shadows, the unseen hand of the Federation. You will be above the law, answerable only to us and those above us. This authority is placed upon you so that enemies that are normally unreachable, are unsafe from your hand. This a great responsibility and normally someone is only chosen after years of rigorous screening. However, mistress Blake believes you are a special case for whatever reason, and we don't take that kind of recommendation lightly. "

"I'm stumped. I'm just a renegade cop."

Blake "I believe there is more to this man then he lets on, but such mysteries will be lost on most people he converses with."

Hark "Yeah well what ever 'mysteries' this cop has, he better live up to the rep you told us about.

I have no doubt he will live up to the task.

"Well son, do you think you're ready for it?"

"Surely, you've read my files of my prior service under Special Forces Detachment Nine."

"Yes, I have looked at your files. Your record is impressive. seventy-eight operations, with some 517 confirmed sniper kills. You even managed to survive months of psionic torture at the hands of Krodi remnants with your mind intact. Despite all that, we must ask for more. Destabilizing of governments and Direct Action Operations are only part of what you'll do as a Ghost. Sometimes you'll have to represent the Federation during intense situations. I still think you need more training-"

Blake "If you plan on having him destabilize the Hulen system, then he is by far more prepared then you could ever hope for. Besides, if he has to do anything that may seem political, that is why he is going with my team."

Hark "Yeah, that's why I cleared him for this mission. Kallard, you are to investigate these reports of treason and then contact us as soon as you find anything, but you will also have to befriend the king and queen in order to gain their trust. They are likely not to be trusting outsiders."

"I'll prepare immediately."

"You've also be cleared for the Academy Armory. Do not take that lightly."

Kallard nods.

"One last thing. Welcome back, Deathshadow."

It was.. interesting to say the least. By far the least planned mission I have ever been a part of.
Kallard. That one is an important resource.
Sara, now she could also be useful, though her temper is an obstacle that I do not believe that we can overcome without her cooperation.
Ansel will more than likely stick by her side however. This poses a problem.
Sek nearly lost control. He needs more discipline than that. I suggest he accompany me for the foreseeable future. He has placed his trust in me, which may prove to be advantageous. One thing however, he was able to resist my abilities. I am not sure if he went rogue that I could stop him. I certainly could escape, but stopping him without harming him in another issue entirely.
Other than that, well..

Aach-Ti opens up his mind to the woman. In the time that it took for the group to reach their destination, she had a full, detailed debriefing.

"He resisted your powers...while I know for a fact he doesn't have the heart or the stomach to turn on his allies, but this is still an issue. He may be gaining the same powers his grandfather had.

"Sek dearest, would you mind taking the children on a tour of the shipyard? The little ones have yet to see it and...take Sara with you."
"Do I have too...? Ugh!"
"Sure thing! C'mon kids! I'ma show you how spaceships work!"
"Have fun with that bro, I gotta reset calibrations, cool the engines and the PLasma Rotors..."

Star walked back onto his ship as Sek ran off with the children, talking about the inner mechanics of Hyper Drives, Flux Capacitors, and Reveres Ion Charges, while the children listened with open ears.
Mistress Blake turns to the others and her loving motherly tone dropped into a serious monotone, "Sek is dangerous...are any of you familiar with Kyle Isaiah Martin? You may know him better as Commander Kyien."
"You've told me a little about how he was one of the founding members of the Academy nearly nine decades ago."
"He was the Face of the Earth Resistance who took on Krodi and his empire, he got a lot of respect in his day."
"That and so much more, he had large parts in destroying countless, I believe the term was, 'Super Villains' back when the original Earth was not destroyed in the war. Joel Siegel, Krodi, Doctor Maverick, Malice the Redeemed, Alex Verses, Steven Simpson, Dr. Ivin-"
"We get the picture nerd."
"I remember every single one of those battles, I'd never want to repeat any of them..."
"If you'll excuse me ma'am, I need to be going."
"By all means. Aach-Ti, Ansel, walk with me."

She gains a distance look in her eyes, before returning to the present day, "Kyein is Sek's natural grandfather...Kyle was a...weapon."
"Sounds like my kind of guy."
"It is scary how much the two of you resemble each other, but unlike you Kyein wasn't created in a laboratory by power hungry extremists. He was created in the same fashion Sara was, conceived naturally. Kyle was created to be a weapon without limits, when he embraced his inner being. For all intent and purposes, he was made to be an Ethereal Enforcer and Killer. When he was young, He had no knowledge of the meaning of his existence and...he didn't discover is quite literally infinite power until years later, and it took even longer to control it..."

Aach-Ti knew what his teacher was going to say, and sensed her hesitation, "You think this power that Kyein possessed may be hereditary?"
She couldn't bare to look her former pupil in the eyes as her breath became shortened.
"I doubt it, but if you tried to influence him and failed...either he was lucky, or..."
Her breathing became much shorter and rapid before she sat down on a public bench, Aach-Ti joined her, "When I took custody of Sek, I raised him with the proper care that he could keep his stronger emotions intact. Kyle was an incredibly high strung person at Sek's age but our boy...He has never displayed the same power that Kyein has, but if he does have them..."
"High emotions eh? He got pissed when he talked to his dad."
"It was only after his father stuck his son that Sek resisted my influence..."
Mistress Blake took in a deep inhale, and stared at the two with widened eyes. Her eyes wandered more as she started muttering to herself. Before long she got up and started marching back and forth, "I will have to stay on Earth II for a while, to cover your mission seeing as how the politics of this Academy seems to breed inactivity."

"Aach-Ti, I'm going to transfer Sek's apprenticeship to you. As well as Ansel and Sara."

"If the situation arrives that Sek discovers he has that power, do NOT engage him. Lead him away from innocents and hostiles, then call me immediately. While I am concerned with Sek, he has been through worse experiences than his father's...actions. However...if you see no other way...you have my full permission too..."
She gripped her staff as tightly as her ancient hands could and her knees shook slightly, "To kill him. This is however if there is No other way. I'll be sending Agent Kel with you Aach-Ti. He will supervise the others, and advise you. Also, expect Federation assistance."

Kallard spends hours within the Academy armory, taking what resources he could. Before he was finished, Agent Kel approached him and asked, "It seems you are not armed for a diplomatic mission, what do you think you will find on this mission?"

"Diplomacy isn't my forte. I leave that to politicians and talking heads." Kallard says

People lie. They manipulate. You and I can hear the whispers of their souls. Much better to listen. Turn their words into a weapon against themselves. Turn them against their friends. Assets. Tools. Friends are a liability. We only have each other.

Kallard shakes away the memory of his youth in the foster system of Omikron. He heard the voice, even then. Never spoke of it to anyone. Never allowed anyone to get close. Better this way. He always stood at the edge of conversation. Always listening. Remembering. When someone would hurt him, he would turn mutual enemies against one another, and soon he would be forgotten again by the other children. It's why he naturally gravitated to Special Forces in the military. The SF recruiter could see his nature. Understood it. It was just the kind of thing they were looking for with with one particular Special Forces Detachment. That was how he escaped his childhood trappings of a foster kid.

If it must come to that, we will find a way.

Aach-Ti stated, holding his hands behind his back. Another Commander Kyien. This is it. The big make-or-break for his entire species. If Aach-Ti succeeded in making Sek into a proper Academy member with complete control over his emotions, then his race could make a comeback. A great teacher for a great student. Aach-Ti had always wondered what it would take to bring the image of his race back from the brink, and this was it.

When Blake mentioned Ansel and Sara however.. that became a problem. A potential snag in the grand plan. No matter, if Aach-Ti could reign in Sara, it would be another attachment for Sek to cling to. Hopefully when the boy eventually looses control, and he more than likely will loose control, she could help persuade him back from the brink. That is, if she could be rehabilitated. This is a dangerous team that is put together. Mrs. Blake must place a lot of trust in the Crinis. Aach-Ti can feel the weight of his kind, of Commander Kyien's legacy, and potentially the weight of both the Academy and apparently the Federation too upon his shoulders. Failure is by far not an option. Do or die. Do or many die.

The Crinis smiled.

The fate of the Galaxy now lies in the hands of a Crinis once again.
Though this time, it is to save it, not to destroy it.

"Excellent to hear, while you take the others under your wing I have another mission for your team."
"I am always available for the Academy."
"You and your team must go to the Hulen system, your needed for an investigation of treason. We believe the royal Vemustari family maybe, and since you have told me about the assassin that Luon sent, I want you to take the others as a security force for the time being. Your number one priority is to find any connections between Katal and the Vemustari family. I'd advise your new apprentices on how to protect people of interest, I will have a Federation Ghost give you the details. As for now, you and your team could use some rest and meditation before you go, okay sweetie?"

Kallard
"Good thing you have multiple diplomats going with your team. Truth be told, I hope you do not find anything but in the event you do, I'd feel comfortable with a soldier with your...secrets...watching our backs"
Kallard turned to face the agent, but nobody else was in the room with him. Agent Kel wasn't anywhere in sight.

Aach-Ti nods to his master. Turning, he speaks to the group.

This will be a very important mission. You must be prepared to listen to my orders. Running off is not an option, as it could put the target at risk. You put the target at risk, and you risk the mission. You risk the mission and we have a serious problem. Do I make myself clear?

Reaching into their minds for the answers, the Crinis stares them down for a moment.

Go get some rest. We will begin training on the journey.

Leaving the others to do whatever it is that they do on their down time, Aach-Ti caught up with the day-to-day politics, spoke with members of his own race via the vast interweb, and talked to Academy personnel to pass the time. At one point however, he found Sek. Attempting to further the teacher-student relationship, Aach-Ti helped the boy with combat training drills. His focus was to frustrate the boy, then train him to calm down.

"Following orders hasn't been a problem for me yet. You don't have to worry about it becoming one."

[spoili]Aach-Ti spent a large portion of the day with Sek, trying and failing to agitate him. With every unreasonable command, every insult, every negative action the crinis's took against Sek...all the boy did was give a sigh. Aach-Ti couldn't help but be impressed by Blake, teaching him to keep calm. "She must have been preparing for Sek to have this power all his life...always one step ahead my old Master." The tentacles on his faced wiggled at the thought of this preemptive step forward. [/spoili]

The following day, Aach-Ti, Ansel, Sara, Sek, and Kallard, arrive at the ship in the middle of the day, where they saw Blake and Star. The Elderly wizard greeted her adopted grandson first, "Oh my little boy is going off to be a Hero...I remember starting out myself on Earth, and you have an entire galaxy! Now go off and make your own adventures!"
"Thanks Grandma, I'll come back right after, love ya!" Sek walked off to talk to Star, as she talked to her old apprentice, "I gave the detailed mission briefing to the Ghost agent going with you. Make sure you keep each other safe, that is a priority. Also Sara, remember what I told you. About...restraint." She gave a slightly slanted smile to the group as they boarded the ship while Sara scolded under her breath, "Shut uuuuup!"
"Give the full detail to Aach-Ti, and to whomever else you see fit. You will give the briefing to the crew of the Metal Bird." She tells Kallard within his mind.
The crew entered the ship as Sara asked, "What about rich boy?"
"He's...staying with Grandma for a bit."
"Cause he's a robot I take it?"
"Yeah..."
Sek shifted his way to the bridge, avoiding any more conversations while Sara blew the hair out of her face and followed in a huff. Moments later, the Ship takes off and enters leaves the atmosphere, drifting into space.

"Attention. I will be briefing you on what is your mission and what is expected of you." Kallard starts.

"We are traveling to the Hulen System in order to protect the royal family of that system. It is an autonomous system within the Federation, and it is believed that the family is under threat. This is an important trade lane, and if the system were to fall to chaos it could greatly affect galactic trade." While true, this is not the whole truth. In reality, they were going there to investigate the possibility of the royal Vemustari family being involved in a treasonous plot to commit a coup d'etat. They didn't need to know this, however. The only one suited to espionage is Aach-Ti. He'll likely bring him into the Need To Know crowd, but not until later, in private.

"You are to protect the family while I investigate into these possible threats. If you witness or uncover anything strange during your duties, report them up your chain of command, or if I am available, report them to me directly. Either way, I will get the information." He finishes

"Dismissed."

Nobody on the ship had any objections Aach-Ti nodded agreeing with the plan as the others. Only Sek spoke up, "Do we know anything about this assassination attempt? I mean, we got this information from somewhere so presumably we have a vague idea of what they're about."
Kallard replied immediately giving him the same story that Blake told him, "Nothing concrete yet, but we largely suspect it has to do with a militant group against the crown. As Federation and Academy representatives, it is our job to stabilize the situation, but our priority is to stop the assassination."
"A rebellion? When has tha-uh, sure I get'cha."

He stopped mid sentence and just shrugged as he went on, "With us there, we probably won't have to risk a full on assault. So that just leaves the sneaky assassins."
"Me and Aach-Ti can scan dudes that might try and be stealthy, otherwise I think my brother alone would scare off anything short of an invasion. Which if we are fighting the rabble, I doubt they'd come in with an army of tanks."
As the crinis casually felt the thoughts of his team, he noticed Sek didn't buy what Kallard was saying, as well as disagreeing with the idea of fighting rebels. The boy seemed to have gather an opinion on the situation instantly after hearing the briefing.
He secretly decided he wasn't going to kill any of them until he understood the situation fully.

Depending on whether or not you want to RP some talks over Facebook in private with some of the other characters, I'll be moving the story along a bit.

"Dropping out of Hyperspace, we'll be setting down in approximately-"
Just as the blue hue of hyperspace stopped, it was replaced by a green and blue planet, similar in many ways to Earth, especially with the explosions being visible from space. Just as they stopped moving at light speeds, several ships engaged in dog fights beyond orbit, with the Metal Bird being caught in the middle.

Kallard forced the ship out of the way of several larger capital ships and smaller one to two man fighters, on top of the individual danger from the missiles, lasers, plasma cannons, and burning star ships. Sek reached the bridge within seconds getting in the co-pilot seat, "All right dude, I'm trusting you with my ship, so don't squander my trust!" He started flipping switches and pressing buttons, making the ship spring to life as it expertly managed to dodge most of the incoming danger. What was left bounced off the ship's deflector shields.

"Run scanners on all those vessels! We need to know what is going on. Once we get that data, send it back to High Command over the QECR(Quantum Entanglement Communication Relay), and then contact the nearest Federation Fleet, and send them the report over standard MILCOMNET Freqs" Kallard says with an urgent tone. He starts pressing switch indicators and clacking on the keyboard, running a multitude of software suites in preparation for the possible upcoming battle they may become involved in. He uses his Datalink to get to systems out of arms reach.

Status
Not open for further replies.