Alpha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Her phone went off not long after and she checked her messages, reading the text Darren sent her. "He said he's fine with meeting you Saturday afternoon," Raquel told Ollie. He looked down at her and smiled, nodding. "Sounds good to me," he said and she grinned before sending Darren another text.

Ollie and I will be hanging around the park that I saw near your shop around 3. Just come when ever you are able to :) And I will see you Monday, too.

She quickly hit send and put her phone beside her, on the bed and she snuggled into Ollie's side again. He put an arm around her and chuckled softly. "Oh yeah, Kell?" Ollie said softly and Raquel glanced up at him. "Hmm?" she murmured and he looked down at her with a smile. "I told Tayla about your date today," he said with a smirk. Her eyes shot wide and she pushed away from him. "You what?" she asked, anger leaking into her tone, but not quite believing what he just said.

Ollie grunted, "Yeah, I told Tayla. Don't worry, I didn't tell her who and she just said 'good to know she's not going to cling to you all the time'," he said and grinned. Raquel sighed heavily and smacked him the shoulder, glad that he hadn't really told her. "You're an ass," she said and Ollie shrugged. "Do the best I can," he stated and reached over to ruffed her hair. "You staying for dinner?" Raquel asked him and he nodded, "like always. I suck at cooking, so it's not like i'd be having anything at home," he replied and she rolled her eyes.

Raquel worked for the next few days, so she didn't get much of a chance to think about Saturday. Or text Darren. But when it finally came by and she had finished her shift at work at 2, she went straight home. She got changed into her normal tights and denim short shorts and a black tank top. Ollie came into her room soon after and she smiled. He sighed. She raised a brow in question but he shook his head and then grinned, offering his arm to her. Linking hers through his, they left the house and made their way towards the meeting place. They were there by 2:30, so they were early.

Raquel grinned when she saw the empty playground and she walked over to it and simply sat on one of the swings. Ollie came behind her and pushed her from behind, and soon she was swinging on the swing. But a minute later, Ollie grabbed the swing's chain and it jerked to a stop. Raquel yelped in surprise as she was thrown from the seat and went to the ground. She quickly stood up and brushed herself off before slowly turning to Ollie, glaring. "You're dead!" she said with a wicked smirk. Ollie held up his hands in surrender but she walked towards him and he turned and bolted.

Raquel caught up with him only after he almost lost his balance once. Just after he managed to stay upright and went on running, Raquel leapt at him, wrapping her arms around his neck. She don't know how he did it, but still, Ollie managed to stay on his feet and she wrapped her legs around him. He soon stopped and Ollie turned his head so they looked at each other and then they both startled laughing, hard. They both laughed for a few minutes, Ollie's hands now gripping her legs as Raquel hung from his back. Ollie shook his head and then slowly walked towards a bench. He turned and crouched slightly until Raquel was sitting and she let go. He turned to look down at her and Raquel smiled innocently.

For strangers walking past, they'd probably think they were dating. Though, that was definitely wrong. They were simply Best Friends. And anyway, Ollie went for guys. Completely. But still, that didn't stop the girls from looking at him. Even Raquel knew that Ollie was attractive. With tanned skin, straight honey brown hair that skimmed the bottom of his ears, which was always impeccably neat and gelled back. And enthralling pale blue eyes. And standing at 6'4'' with muscle that told others he was accustomed to his fair share of fights, he was a sight for sore eyes. He currently wore black skinny jeans, a white 3/4 sleeved shirt and a red vest. It somehow really worked on him.

Darren received her text that she would be with Ollie at the nearby park, he smiled and replied that he would see her there. Putting away his phone, he looked back to James who had proceeded to jokingly wiggle his eyebrows at the Alpha because of his new girlfriend. Darren chuckled and playfully shoved the blonde Beta as he too began to laugh, knocking away Darrens shove and tried to counter with an easy punch to the arm.

James was like Darrens brother practically, he was the one that had spend time and played with Darren when he was little, and the two had grown up to be pretty close friends. Even though he is a Beta, James was always someone Darren looked up to, and was happy to have him as his top Beta. Soon enough Darren went back to the shop and made his way up the stairs into his apartment, laying down and reminiscing on how great that way was.

The days went by and Darren kept himself busy with the pack. Whether it be training the cubs, repairing damaged buildings, patrolling, or just spending time with them. Soon enough Saturday rolled around and Darren was working out at the nearby gym, sparring with some of the instructors there. Darren loved to spar, it was probably the best workout there was for him, considering how he took pride in his fighting.

By two thirty he had finished and went home to shower, changing into a pair of relaxed fit jeans and a solid blue t shirt with a slight v neck. He wore his necklace once again and slipped on a pair of Vans before making his way to the park. He showed up around two forty five and saw that Raquel was there, wrestling with who he assumed was Ollie.

Darren had to say he didnt expect Ollie to be so fit, considering this was the guy that wanted to paint his nails.

"You two seem to be having fun" he said with a chuckle as he approached the two as they sat.

Ollie reached over and ruffled her hair with a grin and Raquel shot him an indignant look before smoothing it down. Only a few moments later, she heard Darren's voice and she looked over at him as he chuckled as he made his way over to them. Raquel stood up as Ollie turned to face him. "Hey Darren," she said to him with a wide smile. Ollie glanced down at her and smirked and she looked up at him. "He's cute, Rocky. You've done well for yourself," Ollie stated, not caring if Darren heard him and he gave Raquel the thumbs up. She laughed and shook her at softly at the man. "Well," Raquel said slowly, "Ollie, meet Darren. Darren, meet Oliver," she said gesturing between the two with a smile. She certainly hoped that they would like each other.

She liked Darren, but Ollie was her best friend. She had known him since she moved here when she was 6 and he was 8. At this point, if she was forced to pick between the two, she honestly wouldn't hesitate to choose Ollie. But she didn't want to have to pick. She wanted to be selfish and keep them both.

"And you said I couldn't paint his nails, right?" Ollie asked and Raquel shook her head firmly. He pouted, "what about style his hair?" again, she shook her head, "aww, come on. What about dress him up? He'd look good in a vest!" Ollie asked, desperately. Raquel glared at him. Ollie sighed dramatically. "Fine! I'll just do those things with you," he said, like it was the worst thing in the world. But he grinned down at Raquel and then took a step towards Darren. "It's good to meet you, Darren," he said and held out his hand to shake his. when he did, Ollie smiled before he said, "i'm just letting you know this now. If you hurt her in any way, you will pay." Typical Best Friend threats, but he was serious, even if he did force some humour into his tone so Raquel wouldn't get upset with him.

He stepped back to Raquel's side and slung an arm around her shoulders, "after all, no one can toy with my little Babyface, except me," he said to lighten the mood again and chuckled when Raquel slapped his chest playfully.

Ollies playful antics amused Darren, he couldnt help but admire the two obviously had. If she hadnt told him that Ollie was the one who had shooed her out the door for her first date, he definitely would have thought the two were a couple. Luckily for him, they werent. He watched as Ollie commented on Darrens behalf and gave Raquel a thumbs up. Seems like so far, the best friend exam was going rather well.

He couldnt help but let a small blush of embarrassment come to his face as Ollie went on about painting his nails, styling his hair, and dressing him up. Though he had to admit the guy had some good fashion sense, Darren felt like the styles Ollie would have in mind would not exactly suit him. However, he did keep in mind about the vest thing. Probably would be a good choice to go with something nicer. He smiled happily at Raquel, amused by how lively Ollie was.

She went on to introduce the two and Ollie came up and held out his hand, which Darren happily shook his hand as Ollie said it was nice to meet him. He then continued to say that if he hurt Raquel in any way, he would pay. Even with the humorous tone, Darren knew this guy was serious about that, and that he would carry out his intentions if Darren did anything to upset his friend.

"Its nice to meet you too Ollie, Raquel has said a lot of good things about you." he said respectfully in response, "And dont worry, I feel between Raquel and yourself, I'd be in a lot of trouble. But no need to think about that, because I have no intention of being a jerk."

After he finished shaking Ollies hand, he looked at Raquel and lifted his arms slightly, a joking look in his eyes. "Now are you just gonna let Ollie get all the attention or am I gonna get a hug?" he said with a playful tone of voice.

When Darren had told Ollie that Raquel had said a lot of good things about him, he had glanced back at Raquel before looking back at Darren. As he had also told her he wasn't planning on being a jerk, Ollie grinned widely, quite happy with his answer. "Good," he had replied, "because jerks aren't cool." He watched Darren with cool interest as he lifted his arms slightly, asking Raquel if he was going to get a hug, or if only Ollie was going to get all the attention. He glanced down at Raquel, waiting to see what she would do.

Raquel looked at Darren for a moment as he lifted his arms a little and then spoke. She glanced up at Ollie, who was watching her, waiting to see what she would do. She looked at Darren and smiled before she stepped over to him, wrapping her arms around him gently in a hug. She looked up at him and leaned up on her toes and gave him a quick kiss on his lips. To which, Ollie wolf whistled from where he stood with a smirk. It was only a quick kiss and she was soon standing normally again, looking up at him with a smile.

Her heart fluttered in her chest and she blushed lightly, but she was happy she did it. To be honest, she had wanted to kiss him again since their date. But, she had to admit, it felt just as good in his strong arms. It was like she fit perfectly.

She came up to hug him, and as she leaned up to kiss him, Darren leaned down to meet her halfway. He embraced the feeling of her lips, though still new enough of a feeling to send shivers down his spine, was familiar from his first kiss the week prior. He loved how easily she fit into his arms, as if she were built for this specifically. He chuckled as he looked at Ollie, his wolf howl he found to be pretty funny.

He looked back at Raquel, gosh how he loved that smile of hers. He could honestly get lost in it forever if he had the chance to do so. He remembered the fun he had with Raquel on their first date, his heart fluttering at the thought of having another one. He then decided what they could do today, as he had the whole afternoon to himself, hopefully they were free for a while as well.

"So" he said happily, "Anything you guys wanna do? I know of a few things we could do around town if you arent wanting to go anywhere too far out."

Of course they may already have a plan, Darren still thought of all the things nearby that would be fun. They could hang here around the park for a bit, or there was an ice cream shop just a few blocks down. Other than that, there was the movie theater, a bowling alley, and a bar and grill they could go to. He also figured it was hot enough for a swim, but remembering Raquels reaction to swimming before made him think that idea may not happen.

Raquel stepped out of Darren's embrace as he asked if they had anything they wanted to do today. He said he knew a few places in town if they didn't want to go out too far. Raquel thought for a moment and glanced up at Ollie. "Hm, we don't really mind going out of town. But first, I think we should go get some ice cream," she said, Ollie saying the last two words in unison with her. She grinned up at him and then raised a brow. "Choc Banana Swirl?" she asked and Ollie chuckled before he said, "and Strawberry with White Choc Chip?" and Raquel nodded enthusiastically.

It had been a fair while since she had gotten ice cream with Ollie, yet it was very rarely that they switched what flavours they wanted to get. It seemed they had chosen one flavour years ago and barely ever strayed from it.

Turning her attention back to Darren, she asked, "is that alright? If not, that's cool. We can get it another day," she told him with a light laugh. If he didn't want to get ice cream, then she was cool with that. She glanced at Ollie, who had shoved his hands into his front pockets and was watching the two of them with a slightly amused expression. But he turned his attention to her when he noticed and smiled broadly. She was glad she organised for them to meet. Ollie seemed to like him - so far anyway - so that was good.

Ice cream huh? Well the weather was definitely good enough for it, and it had been a long time since he had been there. He listened to the two of them exchange different kinds of ice creams that they would get and Darren couldnt help but chuckle. These two were obviously really close friends, dare he say it, best friends!

"Ice cream sounds great to me, although I am gonna go with rocky road personally." he said with a playful smirk as he placed his thumbs in his pockets. Unkown except by friends and family, Darren was an avid chocolate eater. Rocky road had been his favorite since he was a kid, and had not strayed from the flavor since his childhood. Now that his mind was on it, yes, an ice cream sounded like a wonderful idea.

"Well lets get going, it'll be my treat" he said as he began to walk with the two to the ice cream shop. Today had been a beautiful day, not too hot, not a cloud in the sky, and no other signs of rogues in their territory. Granted he would still let these two know about it so they could keep a watchful eye out for anything suspicious, but for now he wanted to enjoy the moment.

"So tell me, how did you two end up becoming friends?" he asked curiously.

"Rocky Road, huh?" Raquel repeated with a slightly amused smile. She guessed that he really liked chocolate. She liked that. She, too, loved chocolate. Though, she had to admit, she liked strawberry flavoured things more. Strawberries themselves, not so much. As Darren went on to say that it would his treat, she raised a brow. "You sure?" she asked as they started making their way toward the Ice Cream shop. It was a perfect day for ice cream. Well, for Raquel, any day was a perfect day for ice cream, but that was despite the point.

When Darren asked them how they had met and Ollie chuckled. "Heh," Raquel said lightly, "Well, it was a couple weeks after I moved here. I was just looking around, meeting a few of the other kids, and Ollie here, was sitting by himself. I remember he was so a scrawny guy for an 8 year old," Ollie nudged her with his elbow playfully, "Me being a brat, I had dragged him around the pack, telling everyone that he was my squire," she laughed softly, "he ended up threatening me that he'd hit me if I called him that again."

"And what did you do?" Ollie asked, humoured by the memory.

"I called him my squire again," Raquel said, "and he hit me in the jaw. We ended up getting into a huge fight, where our parents had to drag us away from each other. We didn't go near each other for a few days until I apologized to him. Since then, we've been the best of friends," she looked over at Darren with a smirk. "It's not exactly what most people would become friends over, but we're weird. And i'm glad it happened. I'd be lost without him most days," she said and Ollie grinned widely.

"I just have that effect on people," Ollie announced, puffing his chest out like an idiot, which made Raquel laugh.

Darren quietly listened as Raquel went on to explain how the two have met. He couldnt help but chuckle at the mention of her being a brat and dragging him around calling him her squire. His eyebrows lifted as she mentioned the huge fight they had gotten into because of it, and he tried to imagine a young Raquel and a scrawny Ollie going at it like that. The mental image was actually kind of humorous.

"Sounds like a hell of a meeting" Darren responded with a laugh, "But hey, best friends are found in the weirdest ways" he said as he looked over at Ollie who had proceeded to puff out his chest in mock bravado. He could tell in the short time he had met Ollie, that he was quite the character. Raquel seemed to be pretty at ease with him around, and that would be expected between best friends as these two were. Darren couldnt help but almost feel a little jealous. He hoped that one day, perhaps Raquel would feel that way around him.

They made it to the ice cream shop and Darren waited for the two to order their own ice cream. Once they did, he ordered his rocky road and paid for all three, happy to do so for his new girlfriend and her best friend.... That was a little strange... he never even had a girlfriend before... so it was different to hear himself say that in his mind. But it was a good weird, like it was new and unfamiliar, but also nice. There was a bench that was near the shop that overlooked a stream that weaved toward the forest, and suggested they sit there as they ate.

"So, Ollie" Darren said with a smile, "I hope you dont mind me coming from time to time to steal Raquel away from you. I have seemed to grow rather fond of her and would love the chance to spend more time with her, if that is ok with her best friend of course."

"That certainly is true," Raquel said when Darren said best friends are found in the weirdest ways. She glanced up at Ollie, who smirked down at her and she stuck out her tongue at him for an instant and he laughed. They soon arrived at the ice cream shop and Raquel and Ollie ordered the ice cream flavours that they both wanted. Raquel smiled at Darren as he paid for it and she thanked him with kiss on his cheek. As he suggested to sit at a bench overlooking a stream near the shop, she eagerly agreed.

They soon sat down and Raquel quickly started eating her ice cream. She glanced at Ollie, who sat beside her and Darren who sat opposite to her. When Darren spoke to Ollie, stating he had grown quite fond of her, Raquel's heart fluttered softly in her chest and she smiled before her gaze drifted to her ice cream. It had suddenly became quite interesting. Though she was curious about what Ollie would reply back with.

Ollie looked across at Darren, spoon still in his mouth, seeing as he had chosen for ice cream in a cup instead of cone. He pondered Darren's question for a minute before he stabbed the spoon into his ice cream. "I don't really have a problem with that," he replied before he looked down at Raquel for a moment. "But I expect I still get to spend time with her," he told him and grinned, "after all, we've been together practically every day for 13 years. It'll be a little weird not having her all to myself," he laughed softly and he bumped Raquel's shoulder with his own playfully.

"Of course" said Darren with a grin as Ollie went on to say that he expected to still get to spend time with her. Of course he would not take her from him like that, the two couldve been conjoined twins in a past life the way they were so close. Darren leaned back and continued to enjoy his ice cream, the flavors of the rocky road bringing him memories of the times his mom would bring him here after training days as a cub.

As they sat there, Darren took his hand and placed it over Raquels, turning her hand over so its rested on his palm as he playfully began to compare the sized of their hands, his much longer fingers curling over hers in a playful manner before letting them interlace with her hand. Her skin was soft, and the feeling he got when it rested in his hand felt... right. Though her hand was smaller, it was like a perfect fit for him. His thumb traced over her knuckles as he smiled gently, bringing the hand up and giving it a gentle kiss.

"I thought of something, there is a path that my pack never goes to next to our territory path that I never got to explore before, and with some small traces of rogues mucking about, I figured I go there and take a look to see what all is around that area of the forest. You two up for a little adventure?" he said with a playful smirk.

Raquel watched as Ollie grinned at Darren's words, and she knew that he was satisfied that he'd still get to spend time with her, which made her smile. She looked at her hand as Darren placed his over it and she glanced over at him as he turned it over to rest on his palm. When his fingers interlaced with hers, she could almost feel Ollie grinning next to her and she new when they were alone, Ollie was so going to make fun of her for it like a typical friend. But at that moment, she didn't really care. Her hand in his felt right, perfect. Her hand was a lot smaller than Darren's, but it still felt right.

As Darren lifted her hand to place a gentle kiss on it, she ducked her head slightly, a smile and a light blush gracing her features and beside her, Ollie chuckled softly. She looked up at him and he waggled his eyebrows suggestively and cast a fleeting glance to Darren and Raquel's blushed quickly deepened and she looked away.

A moment later, Darren asked whether they wanted to go on a small adventure on an unexplored path next to his territory and Raquel grinned. She noted the mention of rogues and knew she'd tell her father when she saw him next. Though she wasn't entirely sure how'd she tell him without giving away that she had been with Darren. Maybe she could say Ollie and her had overheard one of Darren's pack members talking about? Or something. "We'd love to," Raquel said for them both and Ollie nodded in agreement as he finished his ice cream. Raquel finished hers soon after and she stood. "Well?" she said with an expectant grin, "we going?" she asked as she stepped around the table to Darren, grasping his hand lightly as he got up himself, eager to go.

Darren was happy to see that she was so eager to go, and stood up and she held onto his hand. He glanced over at Ollie as her friend stood up to join them, and soon enough the three were making their way to the forest. Darren was glad he had gotten to spend this time with the two, it was great meeting Ollie, and just getting to be with Raquel made his heart do leaps in his chest. She was the first girl to ever make him feel such a way, and he was happy for it.

Soon enough they made it to the neutral path where the territories met, knowing that they wouldnt come across any of his packmates today, as they were off doing their own things. They walked for about half an hour, until they met a less traveled path in the forest, brush growing over the walkway, showing there had been little to no activity in this area. Even the scents of his pack could not be detected here.

"So I came across this and wondered what could be past it, looking like it wasnt explored for at least a while" explained Darren as he began to pick his way through the brush. It wasnt too bad, but enough to invoke caution as to where you stepped. He looked back at the two to make sure they were ok before continuing onward,eventually the brush cleared up a little, the path broadening out until a shape could be seen in the distance.

They made their way forward until they came to a rather large cabin house, run down and overgrown, but still standing as a sign of good craftsmanship. The door was slightly rotted, barely hanging on its hinges , and the windows, though dirty, were still there and unbroken.

"Wow" said Darren, "Wonder why no one ever came here before."

Around half hour passed and they came to the practically unused path. Long grass had grown over the path that had once been there and there was overhanging branches you had to push out of the way. When Darren spoke, she grinned, suddenly excited. It was like an adventure and Raquel loved adventure. They started to pick their way through, she walking behind Darren and Ollie walking behind her. So what did she do as she pushed a low hanging branch away from her face? Let it go. It smacked into Ollie's chest and he grunted, whilst she laughed lightly at him. He pushed it aside and glared at her.

He lunged towards her, ready to smother her or possibly tackle her, but thy came to the end of the path and she danced to the side, away from him. Ollie stumbled now that he had nothing to grab and his shoulder bumped right into Darren's. And Raquel laughed at her friend when the man gave Darren a sheepish grin and an apology.

Raquel glanced at her boyfriend - oh how that word made her heart jump in her chest - as he commented on the place and she spun on her heel and looked at the large cabin house. It was old and obviously unused, but it was in surprisingly good condition. "It was probably someone's holiday house or something," she remarked and took a few steps toward it. However, she was taken by surprise when Ollie's arms snaked around her middle and he pulled her off the ground swiftly and with ease and she yelped in surprise as he threw her over his shoulder. He made sure she didn't fall by gripping her legs, even though she beat his back with her hands, all the while trying to catch her breath from laughing so much as Ollie made his made toward the cabin.

But Ollie wouldn't let her down. So Raquel lifted the hem of Ollie's shirt slowly so he wouldn't notice and then she slowly ran her finger up his spine, her touch feather soft. The man gasped loudly and shuddered before he slapped the back of her thigh. "Don't!" he told her and Raquel grinned and did it again. "I'll let you go and you can fall!" Ollie warned. Raquel persisted however, so he made good on his threat and let her go.

She fell forward and she quickly flung her hand out in front of herself to catch herself and the rolled onto her side and then her back. Ollie glared down at her and she gave him a wide, innocent smile. Ollie shook his head and made his way to the cabin and Raquel stayed where she was, laying on the grass for a moment as she looked over at Darren. "We probably look like a couple of idiots, huh?" she asked him as she pushed herself to her feet, brushing the dirt and grass from her backside and getting what she could see in her hair.

Seeing the two of them acting the way they did amused Darren. He watched them with a raised eyebrow as she began to trace Ollie's spine, making the man shudder as she did. Darren couldnt help but guess that was Ollie's 'special spot' or something of the matter, the fact it got him so flustered when she did it made Derrick have to stifle a laugh.

By the time she was dropped and asked if they looked like a couple of idiots, he shrugged and said "Yeah, you do, but in a good way." He walked over to her and picked a few things out of her hair that she couldnt get and said to her, "I must warn you, a simple brush along my back isnt enough to get me to let you go"

Suddenly before she knew it, Darren lifted her into the air in a similar way that Ollie did, a good grip on her legs so she wouldnt fall. "Alright now lets take a look around this cabin!" he said with a laugh as he began to carry her around, "Please keep your hands and feet inside the Darren Ride for the duration of it, we are not responsible for any revenge Ollie takes upon you as you are suspended." he said as he began to walk toward the cabin door.

Last edited by a moderator:
When Darren told her that she and Ollie did indeed look like idiots, but verified it was in a good way, Raquel couldn't help but grin widely. She watched as he came closer to her and reached up, pulling a few things from her hair that she hadn't managed to get before he spoke. She raised a brow in question, finding his statement quite odd. But just as she understood what he had meant, she didn't get a chance to react before Darren had lifted her off her feet. She yelped in surprise and laughed lightly.

But when he said he was not to be held responsible for any revenge Ollie may exact on her, she gasped. "No, Darren, don't!" she pleaded as she saw Ollie turn back, a wide smirk on his features. "Let me go, let me go, let me go," she pleaded as she saw Ollie come round the back of Darren and looked down at her. She had a feeling she knew what was going to happen next.

Ollie reached towards her, seeing his chance when her shirt had ridden up a few centimetres and despite attempting to push him away, which did nothing and he traced a line with a finger lightly up her stomach and she inhaled a sharp breath before she cast a glare promising more revenge before she tried to wriggle out of Darren's hold and Ollie's touch. Dammit. Why had she decided on letting them meet each other today? What a stupid, foolish idea.

"Ollie, stop it!" Raquel pleaded as he did it for a second time when her attempt to escape proved futile. Ollie grinned and she groaned. "Please?" she added and Ollie smiled before pulling away and walking past Darren. "I quite enjoyed that," Ollie said lightly and then started whistling lightly.

"I hate you right now," Raquel muttered to both Ollie and Darren, "wish I never let you two meet," she said lightly, though to be honest, she was glad she had let them meet. Her best friend who meant the world to her and the man she liked. And they both liked each other. She couldn't ask for much more.. Except to be let down.

Status
Not open for further replies.