Alpha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Raquel watched Darren, relieved when he seemed to understand what she said and didn't push the matter. He soon made his way down the boulder and came towards her. She eyed him, curious by the look in his eye. He came up to her brushing against her side, his muzzle feathering across her own as he walked past her. She shivered and her tail wagged despite herself. Darren soon said that there would be plenty more dates and she felt the excitement flutter in her chest. Raquel stretched her back legs as Darren sat down and turned to look at her. She noticed the amusement in his gaze and her ears perked forward.

But when he said they should head back as she needed to be home soon, Raquel felt a little disappointed. However, she noticed his shift in posture as he jumped to his paws, tail straight as he looked at her with a competitive gaze. She cocked her head, slightly confused. Darren soon challenged her in a race back to the car and darted off. She blinked in surprise and took off after him, claws making light grooves in the dirt. She off after Darren, legs carrying her as quickly as they could carry her.

It took a few moments, but she soon caught up to Darren. Her ears pinned back against her head in playful competitiveness. She lifted her paws higher as they came to the overgrown path. A minute or so later, the clearing to the camp site came into view and Raquel pushed herself to go faster. A moment later, she ran beside Darren. She glanced across at him in amusement and then pushed ahead, over taking him for a short while. But when they came to the camp site, Raquel had to pause. She couldn't remember which way it was to the car. Confused, Raquel had to wait for Darren. Once he passed her, she rushed after him, following him closely. She ran beside him, her muzzle in line with his neck. He was fast. It wasn't often that was pushed like so.

And Raquel loved it.

It exhilarated her. Her heart raced with the exertion and excitement that course through her veins. It was great. She saw Darren's car just up head and she pushed forward, hoping to pass Darren, but she wasn't sure she'd be able to.

It did not take her long before Raquel had caught up to Darren, and it was all he could do to stay in the lead. He pumped his legs to carry him as quickly as they could, even with all of his training, she was probably pushing him harder than he had ever gone before. She needed to pause once they were at the campsite, obviously not remembering where the path was, but she quickly caught back up once Darren ended up taking the path needed to get to the car.

This was incredible, never before had he felt such exhilaration in a race before, seeing her next to him, not faltering from his side as they ran neck in neck all the way down the path. For a short while, it would seem that time stood still for Darren, the feeling of his pulse quickened not only by his running, but by the sight of the girl that was running with him.

Soon enough the sight of the car came into view, and Darren poured the last of his energy to his legs, trying his best to overtake her as they sped along the path. It was difficult to tell who was further ahead, as they were neck in neck all the way through. They burst through the treeline as they skid to a stop next to the car, Darren panting heavily as he took a few more steps and laid down with a grunt, resting on his side as his chest rose and fell in exhaustion.

"So... Im... gonna say... a tie..." he said in his breathless voice as he stretched his front legs and yawned.

They cleared the trees not long after and Raquel bug her claws in as she skidded to a halt. She looked over at Darren, tongue out and panting. The male wolf laid on his side, chest heaving as he tried to take his breath. When Darren panted that it was a tie, Raquel knew she would have grinned if she was in her human form. "That sounds.. good to.. me," she panted. She lowered her head for a moment as she caught her breath before she shook out her coat.

When she caught her breath finally, she looked over at Darren again. "But it was fun," she said, ears perked.

She looked up at the sky and sighed before she said, "stay there for a minute, i'm going to shift," she told him and moved to the other side of the car. She shifted with ease, the fur receding and her body changing until she was completely human again. She quickly grabbed her clothes and yanked them on. She put on her bracelet and walked around the car to where Darren was as she was putting in her cuff chain earring. She looked over at him before she stretched her arms high over her head with a soft groan.

"Ahh. I don't think i've had a run that good in a long time," she told him honestly and smiled over at him. She ran a hand through her wavy hair and she looked up at the sky again. A few birds flew overhead and she huffed softly. She wasn't a fan of birds. She liked hearing them sing, but she thought most of them looked weird. And their beady little eyes kind of freaked her out. Shaking her head at her thoughts, she looked over at Darren again.

"Oh yeah, definitely fun" he replied, his tail wagging, thumping the grass with each wag. He sat up and shook out his fur as he waited for her to shift, lifting up a leg to scratch at his ear a little as he waited patiently. She came back out in human form, clothed once more as she stretched and ran her hand through her hair. He couldnt help but admire the sight of her, silently admitting that she was quite beautiful, whether she be in wolf or human form.

She commented on the run, saying that she had not had one that good in a while, and he let out a grunt in agreement.

"Same here, I havent even gotten to shift in a little over a month. We need to do this again soon" he said to her, knowing she would understand him. He eventually stood back up and yawned as he stretched, shaking himself before walking to where he had shifted earlier. He changed back into his human form and changed back into his clothing, coming back around as he put on his necklace and smiled at her.

"I figure since we dont have to rush, wanna take the long way home?" he said with a mischievous grin, thinking back to the speed session they had getting to the town. He honestly had to say, the sight of her excited like that, he would like to see that look again. To be honest he would like to see her no matter what look she had. Why on earth he waited five years to ask her out was a mystery to him. Before he met her, he honestly didnt think a girl that made him feel the way he did lived as close as she did.

When Darren said they needed to do it again she grinned. "Oh, definitely," she replied just before he stood up. As he went and hid whilst he changed and clothed himself, Raquel looked around, though, admittedly, her gaze fell upon Darren car and stayed there as she studied it. She couldn't really find anything she didn't like about it. It was a nice car. Plain and simple.

When she heard Darren come out from behind where he had hid, she turned to face him, watching as he put the wolf fang necklace around his neck and smiled at her, which she quickly returned. And when he asked if she wanted to go the long way back home, Raquel's features quickly lit up and she nodded as she recalled the adrenaline that rushed through her as Darren sped down the road earlier that day. "That sounds great!" she replied swiftly with a smile.

The more she hung out with Darren, the more she realized how great of a guy he was. He was kind and patient, but he was strong and he was willing to admit when he was wrong. If she had gotten to know him 5 years ago - stupid Justin - then maybe they would've already been dating seriously. Maybe today wouldn't have been their very first date. Who knows what would've been between them if they had gotten to know each other back then. She wished they had.

It was then that Raquel realized that she may very well be developing a crush on Darren. Her eyes widened slightly at her realization and she turned away, hoping that Darren hadn't noticed the light blush that had crept up her face. She ran a hand over her face slightly with a soft. Oh god. She had a crush on Darren. She wasn't used to this feeling. She hadn't had a crush on someone for a very long time. Shaking her head slightly, Raquel cast Darren a side long look. "Shall we get going?" she asked with a slightly shaky breath before she walked towards the car.

She seemed excited for the opportunity for another speed run in the car, her smile was a definite giveaway. He couldnt get over her smile, finding it charming and, in a way, slightly intoxicating. He could grow to like seeing that smile a little more often. It was then that he noticed something, like a small blush on her cheeks. However he did not get to see if he had been mistaken or not because she suddenly looked away, shaking her head a little bit before looking to him asking if he were ready to go.

Her voice was shaky, like she was nervous about something. What could that be? As far as he knew, she was enjoying the date today. Did... did he say or do something wrong? Oh no, did he not do the right thing to brush up against her like that? He immediately began to think about what it could be that he had done wrong... then he thought about something else...

When was the last time he had cared so much about how a girl felt? It was obvious that he liked her... but it seemed that it was more than just a puppy love... he actually liked her liked her. Before he knew it, his own face was lit with a soft blush, realizing that his care for her went a little deeper than something among friends. He had a legitimate crush on the girl, something he honestly had not really had for a long time. If this were the case, he did not want to mess this up. He still prayed he didn't do anything wrong... he guessed there was only one way to find out.

He walked up to her as she asked her question, and as she turned around, he reached out and gently took hold of her hand in an attempt to get her attention. "H-hey Raquel" he said with a slight stutter, "I-is um... is everything alright? Y-you just sounded a little... a little shaky and I just... i guess I just got concerned..."

Before she could actually take a step toward the car, Darren grasped her hand gently in one of his. She stopped, eyes wide in surprise and she turned to focus her attention on him, confused. His hand was big compared to hers; it almost covered it completely. And it was warm. Very warm. And she had to admit, she liked the way her hand felt in his. She quickly became embarrassed at the thought and ducked her head slightly, looking at the ground. However, when Darren started to stutter, asking her if she was alright, that her voice had sounded shaky, she quickly looked up at him. What could she say? Oh, I just figured out that I may or may not have a crush on you, Darren. Yeah, that would go over smoothly. He'd probably freak out and ditch her there.

Okay, so Darren wouldn't actually ditch her, but she could imagine the trip back would be very silent.. And very awkward.

"Oh, um," she said quietly and then took a deep breath to calm her rising nerves, "Yeah, i'm fine. I just.. realized something, and it was unexpected. That's all," she told him with a gentle smile, hoping he wouldn't ask what exactly she had come to realize. "I'm sorry I made you worry," she apologised honestly as she rested her free hand over his hand that still grasped her other one. She gave him a warm smile and willed her heart to stop hammering away in her chest. She didn't know what she was going to do with these feelings. She had no idea if she wanted to pursue them and let them become stronger, or give it up.

But, she knew, if she wanted to give it up, that would mean she needed to stop spending time with him. And that, she did not want to do.

As she answered his question, he could only wonder what it was she realized. 'well it was a great date and all, but you arent my type' or perhaps 'it just isnt working out'. He forced his mind to stop thinking like that. It wasnt good to immediately think worse case scenarios. Though it still left questions lingering in his head. She placed her free hand over his, and he could feel the warmth coming from it. He didnt know why, but he liked the feeling of her hands on his, almost like it felt... right.

She apologized to him, but she had no reason to apologize. She did nothing wrong. He looked down at her hands and smiled a little, her hands were so tiny next to his, yet they seem to fit perfectly at the same time. He opened his hand so that the one he was holding would rest in it. His thumb lightly brushed the palm of her hand, tracing the lines on her palm as he thought of what he would say next.

"You know" he said gently, smiling as he did, "I really did have a lot of fun today. Most fun I have had in a while. You're different than the girls in my pack, and to be honest, I like it. I cant help but appreciate the way you carry yourself. You are more like an alpha than anyone else I have seen. I cant help but admire that about you..."

A blush came to his face as he realized he had spilled a lot of what he felt just then. His heart began to race as his free hand ran through his short hair as he suddenly became flustered.

"Oh god... I-I am so sorry, I-I let myself just ramble on like that... I really hope I didnt freak you out or anything... its just that... I really had fun today and I really hope we can do this again soon...A- and I cant help but like being around you and..."

By this point he was wishing for a stray bullet to just end his misery. He was rambling on how he felt right in front of her! His blush intensified as he looked awkwardly at the ground, waiting for her to back up from his rant.

Raquel looked down at their hands as Darren opened his, hers resting in it. His thumb traced the lines along her palm. His soft, gentle touch made her shiver lightly. She really liked the way it felt when he did that. She raised her gaze up to Darren's as he started to speak. He told her that he enjoyed today, that she was different from girls he knew. Raquel liked the sound of that. That was a good sign, wasn't it? Or maybe it was bad. Maybe he didn't like different. But in the one second it took for her to work herself up, thinking he didn't like her, he told her that he did like it. She released a silent breath she didn't realised she had been holding and listened as he continued. He told her that she was more like an alpha than anyone he had seen and she stood just that little bit straighter. But when he said he couldn't help but admire her for it, she blinked in surprise.

Why would he admire her? She ducked her head again, suddenly feeling quite embarrassed by his compliment. But when she brought her gaze back up to him, she saw the blush upon his cheeks and his expressions obviously flustered. And then he started stumbling over his words, trying to apologize to her. Raquel couldn't help but smile sweetly. He was embarrassed. And it was cute. She really liked seeing him like this - another side of him. Awkward. Flustered.

When his blush intensified and he looked to the ground, Raquel turned her hand that rest in his and she gripped his hand softly, holding it. Screw it. She was going to take a leap of faith right here. She'd know soon enough if she made the right more or not. Raquel took a step toward him, leaned up on her tip toes - damn him for being so much taller - and gave him a kiss on his cheek. She lingered for a fraction of a second before she pulled away, rocking back on her heels with a grin.

"You're cute when you're embarrassed," she told him honestly. If she was going to fail at this and get turned away, atleast she tried. "And I enjoyed today. I truly did. And I doubt I would have enjoyed it so much if I hadn't been here with you," she said, "You, Darren, are unlike any guy I have ever met. And I like it. And I really hope we can spend more time together, as I would love to get to know you more," she smiled at him. She tried to keep her voice steady, but she wasn't sure how good she was at that. Her heart was pounding and she was really nervous. She blushed again and ducked her head, now really embarrassed after saying all of that. What was she? An idiot? She was regretting it. If he turned her down, it would get awkward between them. And then she wouldn't be able to see him again. She didn't want that.

After thinking he had screwed up, she took hold of his hand, holding his large hand in her significantly smaller one. He looked up from the ground curiously just as she had taken the step forward, bringing herself up to him and placing a gentle kiss on his cheek. His heart felt like it had leaped out of his chest the moment her lips touched his cheek, her kiss almost feeling like a gentle and welcome electric shock. His blush was there as she began to speak, but he was no longer embarrassed.

So he was cute when he was embarrassed huh? Well he could only take that as a good thing, because truth be told that happened more than he cared to mention. Sure he could be the stoic and strong leader in front of the masses, but put a pretty girl in front of him who had just kissed his cheek? That was a whole other story. She went on to say that she would not have enjoyed herself today if it had not been for being with him, and he could feel a happy leap in his chest at her words. He could honestly say the same about her.

Now it seemed that it was her turn to be embarrassed, as she had blushed and ducked her head. He found it cute that she could be so upfront like that and still find the time to be embarrassed. Well Miss Raquel, things like that cant just be said then forgotten with a duck of the head. He smiled gently and placed a gentle hand under her chin to lift her head back up to face him. He leaned down and placed his own gentle kiss on her cheek in return for her own, hoping that some day soon he would build up the bravery to aim that kiss at her lips. As he pulled his head back, he couldnt help but blush, yet smile as well. He was happy he did it, as he was happy she kissed him as well.

"I would love to get to know you better as well, Raquel. You are someone I have genuinely come to admire and honestly, thats gonna take a lot to change. I would love to have our second date soon." he said to her, his bravery coming back to him now that he knew how she felt. He wanted to make this work, to build on these feelings and perhaps get the opportunity to call her his girlfriend. He gave her hand a gentle squeeze, bringing it up to his lips to give it a gentle kiss before making his way to the passenger door, opening it for her.

"And I believe I promised you one last adrenaline rush before I got you home" he said to her with a happy gleam in his eyes.

His free hand came toward her and she was quite confused for a moment. But he gently lifted her head with his hand under her chin and she looked up as he leaned down and gave her a soft kiss on her cheek as well. She quickly felt her face heat up and her heart beat like she had run a marathon. Darren soon spoke, telling Raquel that he admired her, that it would be hard to change that and that he would love for their second date to be soon. At the mention of a second date, she smiled and nodded in agreement. "Just let me know when," she said softly just before Darren brought her hand up and placed a kiss to it.

Her hand felt cold when he let go and went over to the car and opened the door for her and she wanted nothing more then to hold it again. But she shoved that thought away and smiled broadly when Darren spoke again, her heart racing for a different reason. In anticipation for the drive to come. She quickly walked over, flashed Darren a smile and got in, buckling herself in. She settled into the seat and grabbed her phone. She quickly checked it, saw Ollie had sent her a text that said, 'hope ur enjoying yourself, Dollface' with an excessive amount of x's and o's. Raquel laughed softly and put her phone away.

When Darren got in, she glanced across at him and a thought came to her, "is your pack going to accept it?" she asked and then quickly explained, "you going out on dates with me, I mean.. I am from a different pack, after all," she said and then sighed quietly. It would be her luck that his pack would hate the idea and because he was so nice, he'd do - technically - the right thing and refuse to see her again because he didn't want to let his pack down.

She happily got into the car and buckled up as Darren got into the car and did the same, starting it up. Before he had a chance to drive, she asked if his pack would accept it. He merely chuckled at the question. This had been something long since worked out, long before he had met Raquel. It did not take him long to realize that none of the females in his pack would make a good mate. many of them only cared about the perks of being an alpha, while others were not ones to stay cool in leadership. The ones who did show worth in that aspect were life long friends of his, in which neither of them would hold any kind of feelings of love as it would be... weird.

"My pack knows that I will not date from my own pack. As hard as some have tried to throw themselves at me, it only shows how immature they are to act that way. I wanted to find someone who would be my equal, not submissive, not controlling. Someone who I can trust to lead while I am away, and who can handle herself, but doesnt reject to me spoiling her from time to time. Seems like a near impossible fantasy huh?" he said with a chuckle as he put the car in reverse.

"It may take them some getting used to, but they know me. I wont take any girl that has a pretty face. As a girlfriend and a potential mate, I do hold a few standards. I guess thats why I have come to like you so much. You go above and beyond all the qualities I would ever hope to meet in someone." he continued to say with a gentle smile. He then became curious, not yet leaving as he asked her, "What about your pack? Or your father? What will they say?"

It was quite a relief, to be honest, to know that his pack knew that Darren wouldn't date someone from his own pack. Atleast they knew to expect someone from outside. When he explained his ideal girl, Raquel looked over at him. She idly wondered if he thought she matched any of those qualities. When he said it was a near impossible fantasy, she shook her head softly, "not at all," she said quietly as he put the car in reverse. She looked back over into the trees and hoped that some day they could come back here. She had enjoyed herself.

As Darren continued to speak, she returned her focus onto him and listened. When he said that she went above and beyond the qualities he had mentioned before, she diverted her gaze, feeling flattered. She hadn't expected that. Did she really meet the qualities he had hoped for in a girl? She somehow felt she didn't. She felt she lacked something if she was completely honest.

She was about to say something to him, however Darren continued, asking what her pack - what her father - would say. Raquel groaned at the thought. "When it comes to my pack, the only opinion I care about is Ollie's. And, well, he's the one that pick out my outfit and shooed me out the door," she told him with a soft laugh. "But my father, well.." she fell silent for a moment, "I don't know. He's never liked the idea of me dating anyone. I've agreed with him on that up until now.. I suppose, he seems to like you so he might not be as against it.. Though I somehow doubt that. But he'll get used to it. My mother will like you - she likes everyone. She'll probably mother you to death," she said with a chuckle, "Lark will probably be over the moon about me dating someone," a thought came to her and looked over at Darren, "Jackson'll probably give you a hard time when he finds out. He's got higher standards for who I can date than what my Dad does," she told him and sighed, "sorry about that. The men in my family are over protective."

She figured that Darren would not like the idea of having to stand up against her father and brother and would probably bail. She could totally understand if he did. Her father and Jackson could be quite overwhelming when they wanted to intimidate someone.

Darren listened as she spoke about how her family would react. Again this Ollie guy seemed pretty alright if he was rushing to get her out here, he had that to thank him for. She went on to talk about how her dad felt she did not need to date, and he couldnt help but disagree. She was nineteen for howling out loud, she should be able to date. Hopefully he would have a less hard time allowing him to date his daughter, seeing the friendly history between him and his family. Her mother and Lark seemed like they would like him right off the bat, and he couldnt help but chuckle at the comment of 'being mothered to death'.

Then went on to the subject of her older brother Jackson. He would hope with the time spent while he had the cubs were over that he would have realized that Darren wasnt just 'some guy' trying to pick up his little sister. Granted he respected his protectiveness, but he couldnt help but feel that if Jackson or her father for that matter would try to threaten him, he would not really take them seriously. Darren was one to ignore threats so long as they were merely words. Now if they tried to put their hands on him, granted he refused to believe they ever would, then he would have a problem. Not only would it be disrespectful considering he is an Alpha pack leader, but he did not take kindly to those who tried to force their influence physically.

He chuckled and gave her a sidelong wink as he replied;

"If I got scared by an overprotective dad and brother, would I honestly be fit to be a pack leader? I understand that they are just being protective, but without someone to stand against them and prove them wrong about what they may think of me, what chance would there be for us to work? Dont you worry about me, I can handle them fine, I will just win them over with my charm and good manners" he said to her with a smile, his eyes shining with humor.

As Raquel thought about her father and brother, she couldn't help but wonder how they really would react when they found out. If Darren was with her when they found out, then she hoped that her mother would be there with them. Atleast, then, she'd make sure that her father wouldn't try anything. It'd just be Jackson. But, she hoped that he'd just put on a sense of bravado, puff out his chest and tell Darren not to hurt her. She hoped that was all. However, she could imagine that when she wasn't there, they'd take Darren somewhere and question him. She almost laughed at the thought. Probably ask him all the normal questions - but make them sound like they'd hurt him if it was wrong answer - 'do you like Raquel?' and 'what do you plan to do to her?' or maybe even 'Is this just a fling for you or are you serious about her?' Oh gosh, if they asked any of those questions, she wasn't sure if she'd have the courage to face him again. And she'd probably hate Jackson and her father for a long time.

When Darren winked at her, she couldn't help but grin. And when he spoke, she smiled, liking his answer. She was glad he wasn't scared or worried about facing them down. Darren was definitely the kind of guy she could come to really like. When he said not to worry about him, that he'd win them over by his charm and good manners, Raquel laughed lightly. "I certainly hope so," she replied honestly. If it could be that easy, it would be fantastic.

"So? We going? I'm looking forward to the drive back," she said and grinned widely. And when they got back, they could organise a time for another date some time, maybe. She liked the idea of that.

"We going?" were her magic words.

With a happy smirk, he said "Hold tight" as he threw the car into first gear, revving up the engine, the tires spinning and making a squealing sound as he took off onto the road. Once again the adrenaline pump of speed came to him as he took the curves, drifting with experienced ease as they made their way across the winding country roads. He flipped on the radio just as his station began playing 'Kickstart my Heart' by Motley Crue, his head bumping to the beat as his hands mimicked the drums on the steering wheel.

As the lyrics began, Darren began to sing along as if no one was there. He was smiling and happy, more excited then he had ever felt with someone in his life. He looked to her as he sang along with the chorus, driving like a racer as they were nearing 160 kmh. He realized that his excitement came from one simple thing, and that was the girl sitting next to him. She made him feel that he could not only be an alpha, but he could be young again, knowing how to have fun and push the boundaries of excitement.

Darren did not stop until they neared the town, slowing as the approached the entrance to it. He glided into his garage and put the car in park as he sat there with a happy smile, laughing somewhat breathlessly at the exhilarating ride. He looked over at her and gave her a smile that not only conveyed happiness, but also a hint of thankfulness, thankful that she was able to let him have fun once again. He got out and once more for that day opened her door for her to let her step out.

"We need to do this again soon." he said happily once she got out. "Any idea when you will be free again?"

When he smirked, telling her to hold tight, Raquel quickly settled back into the seat, heart fluttering in anticipation. When they tore off, tyres squealing, her eyes shone with glee. She watched as Darren flicked on the radio and Kick Start My Heart was playing. It didn't take long before Darren started singing a long to the lyrics and Raquel smiled at the sight. He seemed completely relaxed, happy. It was good. She liked seeing him like this. When he looked at her as he sang the chorus, she smiled warmly.

As they picked up more speed, Raquel turned her attention to out the window, smiling. Her heart raced, adrenaline coursed through her veins. It was such a rush doing this. And she loved every second of it. She watched as the trees sped by in a blur, along with everything else they passed. It was exciting. And Raquel loved it.

When they started to slow, Raquel looked across at Darren for a moment. When they pulled into the garage, she looked at him again as he laughed breathlessly. When he looked across at her and smiled, she easily returned it. When he got out and opened her door, she stepped out, nodding lightly in gratitude. And when he said they needed to do it again soon, she couldn't agree more. When he asked when she will e free again, she thought for a moment.

"I'm not too sure, I need to check my schedule for work," she told him honestly with a soft sigh. But, instead, she pulled out her phone and opened it, adding a new contact under Darren. She passed her phone to him and said, "Just put your number in, and I can let you know when I'm free," she said and smiled at him.

Darren smiled and put his number into her phone, hoping to hear soon when she would be available again. After saving the number, he handed back the phone and smiled. "Just text me whenever you are available, and we can work out a time to do something else" he said happily as he walked her out of the shop, closing the garage door in the process. His mind was already running with ideas as to what their next date could include, and where they would go next time.

His phone went off and he checked it, it was James.

Something's come up, come to my apartment.

He was curious and somewhat worried as to what this meant, but he did not want to worry Raquel, so he did not change his expression from his smile. He instead went to the number pad and handed her his own phone so she could place her number in it as well. When she would do so, he would pocket the phone before placing his thumbs into his pockets.

"I had an awesome time Raquel. It had to be the most fun I have had in years, so thank you..." he said with a small blush. However, it was not from what he had said, rather, what he was building the courage to do. Taking a breath, he leaned down and placed a soft, quick kiss on her lips before standing back up, blushing hard but smiling.

"I... u-uh sorry about that... guess i tried to be a little brave there..."

Taking back the phone after he had saved his number into it, she put it in her pocket and followed him out of the shop. He told her to text him when she knew and she nodded, "Will do," she replied lightly. She watched in comfortable silence as he shut the garage door. His phone soon went off and she cocked her head slightly, curious, but she dared not pry. And in any case, he didn't look worried as he finished reading what ever the text had been.

Raquel took his phone, putting in her own number and saving it before she handed it back to him with a smile. When he said he had an awesome time and he thanked her, Raquel shook her head slightly, "no, it's fine. I had a great time as well. Thank you," she said. She didn't know what he had to blush for, but she found it quite cute. A moment later, however, Darren leaned down towards and planted a quick, soft kiss to her lips. For a moment, her mind didn't process what he had just done. She reached up, brushing a finger lightly across her lips and looked up at him, completely and utterly surprised.

She saw the fierce blush that coloured his features as he apologized. She stood there for a moment, speechless. But she shook her head to clear her mind. A moment later, a smile blossomed on her face and she took a step towards him, leaning up on her toes and gave him a kiss on his lips. She lingered for a moment before she pulled back and grinned, an almost mischievous look in her eyes as she turned and started walking off, waving. "Thanks for the date, Darren," she called back to him "i'll let you know when I'm free next," she glanced over her shoulder at him and flashed him a smile before she walked off, trying her best to play it cool, despite how embarrassed she really felt.

Once she knew he could no longer see her, she stopped. "Oh my god," she whispered to herself, placing a hand over her pounding heart. "oh my god," she repeated as her face flamed in a blush. She couldn't believe he just kissed her. And then she kissed him! Oh gosh, oh gosh, oh gosh. But a moment later, she smiled, really happy. She was definitely glad she went on today's date.

Smiling like an idiot all the way back home, she was nearing home, when Ollie ambushed her. The door flew open and he launched himself at her, wrapping his strong arms around her, shouting, "Babyface!" Raquel couldn't help but yelp in surprise and she stumbled back a few steps. A moment later, Ollie was gripping her shoulders, holding her at arms length, studying her. His eyes narrowed into slits and then they widened, a triumphant smile on his face, "You kissed him!" he exclaimed and Raquel's eyes went wide and she slapped a hand over his mouth and glanced around. The only one who was around, was her mother, who was inside, cooking dinner and she cast them a suspicious - but slightly happy - look. Raquel glared at Ollie, grabbed his arm and hauled him to her room. Shutting the door firmly behind her, she glared at Ollie again. "Can you not keep your mouth shut?" she hissed and Ollie laced his hands behind his head and gave her a 'puh-lease' look, "It's only Tayla who's here. Get over yourself," he huffed and then he smirked. "Now, give me all the juicy details!" he practically sang as he dragged her to sit on the bed.

She willingly told him everything and she could see his smile getting wider and wider. "Gosh, Raquel!" he sighed, "You're such a little mink!" he said playfully and Raquel laughed softly. "I'm happy for you. But before you go on another date," he told her sternly, "I must meet him myself. He sounds almost too good to be true. I gotta suss him out," he said and crossed his arms over his chest and Raquel snorted, "more like check him out," she muttered and Ollie gave her a mock hurt look. "Oh yeah, I gotta tell him when i'm free next," she said and stood over. She walked over to her desk and opened a drawer. She pulled out her work schedule and checked it. Grabbing her phone and sent Darren a text.

I'm free all day Monday. But Ollie wants to meet you, so maybe we can all do something on Saturday afternoon? Do you mind? - R

She hit send and went back over to Ollie, sitting on her bed next to him. She leaned against his arm, resting her head on his shoulder as she sighed. "He's a great guy, Ol. I hope you'll like him," she said and Ollie chuckled and ran a hand through her hair, "if you like him," he said, "i'm sure I will too."

Time had seemed to slow to a halt as Raquel leaned in to kiss him back, lingering a short while before pulling back. Oh how he wished that kiss lasted longer... he loved the feeling of her lips on his, unlike anything he had ever felt before. She turned and headed back to her home, thanking him for the date as she soon disappeared into the din of human traffic. He stood there for a few minutes, a smile slowly forming on his face as he felt his racing heartbeat refuse to slow down. He felt like he was on cloud nine right now, and it took all of his energy to not jump in the air in triumph at the successful first date.

Then remembering the text, he made immediately for Jame's apartment, not slowing for anything. Once at Jame's door, he knocked on it a few times, and a few short seconds later the Beta opened the door. He nodded his head in respect to Darren as he walked in, Darren could tell a small sense of uneasiness by the Beta, and it made him curious as to what was going on.

"So what's up James? What came up?" he asked.

"Well, I was on patrol with Omega Harris and Beta Jason, just showing Harris the ropes one last time. Harris kept on saying that he smelled something weird, and we just thought that it was coming from the nearby neighborhood. But then we smelled it too, and we came across some tracks that werent anyones that we knew. The tracks smelled of rogue." James said in a steady tone of voice, his eyes showing the slightest of concern.

"Was this a fresh scent?"

"A couple days old"

"Any more scents before today?"

"No this is the first time"

Darren thought a moment as to what to respond with. With a shrug, he said, "For now we have to assume it was just a passerby. But keep up with regular patrols and report anything unusual. I dont want to see anyone travelling alone, be sure to keep within eyesight and earshot whenever you are travelling from the meeting area and back to home. Understand?" he said to James, his tone steady and serious.

"Yea, I understand. I'll be sure to get the word out to the others." James replied.

"Good, if th-" he was interrupted by his phone and he checked it to see that Raquel wanted to try for Saturday afternoon. He smiled as he replied:

Sounds good to me, and on Monday you may be able to catch me on my own 'patrol duty' between our territories if you get bored and just wanna hang out. Just saying :P

James noticed the smile as Darren sent the text, and he fixed his Alpha with his own smile as he gave a suspicious glance. "You dont normally smile on a text. Who was that?"

Darren smiled mischievously and looked away playfully, "Oh just my date from earlier today."

"Really? Dude thats awesome! Someone I know?"

"Not of the pack if thats what you are wondering"

"Hell I knew that man, you not gonna tell me?"

"You'll find out eventually"

James chuckled and rolled his eyes as Darren said this. Darren went on to tell James what they did up to the point of the kiss and James patted him on the shoulder.

"Atta boy! Hope this one works out for you!" he said happily. Darren smiled and playfully shouldered the Beta.

"Thanks man, me too"

Status
Not open for further replies.