Aftermath

Status
Not open for further replies.
Her gloved hands brought an arrow from the quiver on her back to her bow, stretching it in the direction of Rebecca. Her short, uneven brown hair dangled in front of her determined blue eyes. Beth slowly inched forward, standing in the line of fire from Rebecca to Cassidy.

"Lower your weapons! You won't hurt a single hair on this girl's head or her brother's, I can assure you," Beth said.

Another girl stepped up beside Beth from the shadows. The sun glinted on the blade of her katana as she raised the sword defensively. The girl had the same face as Beth with long locks tied back into a bun. She moved her head, shifting the bangs away from her own narrowed blue eyes. Brit shifted her focus from Rebecca to Darrin then to Cassidy, analyzing each. Her eyes briefly passed over the teen in the distance then to Jeremiah. Her gaze was calculating as her sister spoke, already making various plans of escape.

Beth shifted her aim between Jeremiah, Rebecca, and Darrin--ready to fire in case one of them tried anything. Eyes bounced like a ball from target to target, sizing up her potential enemies and running any and all battle solutions in her head that would end in survival. Her first priorities were Cassidy and Michael. She knew what kind of games slavedrivers played and she knew the kinds of things people had to do to survive. She wouldn't let two kids die over someone's twisted idea of revenge. Not a chance.

"Hey, kid," she said to Cassidy, not even blinking from the targets in front of her, "Are you hurt?"

"Humph. . .Wanna play that game with me. . Well, Let's play. ."

Rebecca smirked devilishly before switching her gaze upon the two females who stepped up to her, About time someone did. Her smile only widen as she kept her aim of the Cannibal before finally her fingers squeezed the trigger and sent a silver bullet ripped through the air before lodging itself within the Cannibals left leg. She was now fascinated and yet satisfied on how this little game would end since these two came just to make her life a little more worth living. Her eyes held satisfaction when hearing the screams of the woman in which she shot in the left leg and smiled brightly while awaiting for the others to attack her. She had a feeling for war and adored the sense of a good battle.

She was a brutal character and she did not act for revenge but just for a bit of entertainment since this world was lacking of it now and days. She let out a laugh.

"Make your move Girlie. ."

Beth hardly flinched as the bullet whizzed past her and rammed itself into the leg of who she tried to protect. It was only her leg. The girl would survive. Beth wasn't worried.
Rebecca amused her. Beth could see that this game they were playing was something Rebecca enjoyed.

Beth lowered her arms and cracked a smile, her newborn giggling crescendoing into a bellowing laughter.

"Brit, she called me 'Girlie!'" Beth cackled.

Her facade ended as quickly as it began and with a straight face and angry eyes, Beth raised her bow and fired her arrow at Rebecca. She aimed for the torso.

"I'm not hurt! Not yet..." she slowly pulled out her kitchen knife, prepared to shed blood if it meant protecting her brother. Michael was screaming in agony now. He was hungry.

Brit noticed the woman's amusement at being challenged by her sister and herself, tensing her muscles to ready for battle. The girl's screams of pain echoed in her mind as she kept her eyes on the other two, believing Beth will keep her focus on the woman with the guns.

Her head shook with a roll of her eyes at her sister's crazy cackling, knowing she looked forward to the oncoming battle.

"Sometimes I think you're bipolar, Beth." She muttered in response to her twin, yet she knew.

At the sound of the firing arrow, she launched herself at the slavedriver, slashing her sword at him.

The young teen sighed and prepared himself for battle as well. "Well time for me to fight. First I must check on the girl and see how she's doing." He said.

Jeremiah had stayed quiet, and had stood off to the side so far in this battle, but once these two whores dared to attack them he was ready for action. How dare they attack Rebecca? How dare they attack him? Rebecca had founded this town and Jeremiah was the sheriff. Now, sheriff wasn't all Jeremiah was. He had a long list of professions he did. Hell, if it made him enough money to be worth the risk of the job he'd do it no matter what it was.

But here they were, the two most powerful people in town were being attacked so that they could save some lowlife cannibal. It truly was dispicable. Jeremiah made a mental note to spit on their dead bodies once this fight was done for. He had no doubt in his mind that they would emerge victorious. With his 45 and Rebecca's 44s no one stood a chance.

Just then, before he had a chance to draw his revolver, the arrow whizzed past his face. "No!" He hardly even had the time to gasp before it was nocked out of the sky by some stranger. He made another mental note to thank this man when the battle was over.

Jeremiah was pulled out of his thoughts once again when the two girls ran towards the new arrival, weapons drawn. Jeremiah, was famous for his quickdraw and he knew it wouldn't let him down now. Quick as lightning, Jeremiah ripped his .45 Magnum revolver out of his holster and had it aimed at the girl with the bow and arrows. "Say yer prayers..."

At the corner of his eye, he noticed a guy pulling out a gun aiming to shoot the two females. "Oh no you don't," the young teen said as he instant transmissioned in front of the guy.

Jeremiah took a step back. "What tha hell ya think yer doing boy? Ah thought ya were on our side. Er you werkin' with these broads?" Jeremiah turned his aim to face this kid. What was he doing?

Beth envisions the death and chaos that will ensue if she continues the battle. She realizes she won't win--not a chance. She and Brit had trained for years, but even they knew when they were out-numbered. Maybe the situation could be saved.

"Stop! Brit, back down! You..." she points to Jeremiah, "You've had your mouth shut for some time now. Why do you think these kids are a threat to you and this settlement? Why raise your weapons--the girl is clearly defenseless and wants nothing more than to have the boy taken care of. Why kill her?"

Beth turns her attention toward Rebecca next. "You seem to be in charge of this town--it's obvious that the people here would defend you, which is why I'm sure if I fired on you again, my sister and I wouldn't last very long. If you have any reason about you, you'd consider her story. Didn't I overhear that the man you accuse her of eating was a threat to her? Did you stop to wonder if maybe he actually was? She's just a child trying to survive. What would you do if you were in her place? Clearly this settlement was built from something. Surely even you have run into what you thought was your last moment on this god-forsaken wasteland."

Beth lowered her weapon, eyeing Rebecca and Jeremiah and hoping they'd reconsider.

"Ah-ah suppose..." Jeremiah held his gun in place but loosened his hold on it. He glanced over at Rebecca waiting to see her response.

Brit stopped at her sister's words, her sword still raised is defense. She noticed the additional gun, knowing no matter how good the twins trained, bullets are faster than an arrow and her sword. They wouldn't be able to dodge if they were shot at. She glanced back at her sister and lowered her weapon as well.

She kept quiet, her sister had a better way with words. Her muscles still tense, ready for a fight to break out.

Darrin tightened his grip on his daggers. Dagger throwing was his niche. He was not too bad with his longsword though.That girl was a liar. Benedict wouldn't and couldn't have done that.

He threw his daggers at the cannibal girl. One of them hit her. He smiled. It was just the beginning.

Cassidy stood watching the fight. She had to get out soon. Suddenly, a searing pain pierced her body. The impact knocked her to the ground. A blade was sticking out of her leg. Little Michael was screaming more than ever at the sight of her wound. She pulled him out of the pack, and began to inch towards an alley, holding him against her chest. The dagger was slowing her down.

Darrin started his chase after the girl. Fury driven adrenaline coursed through his body. His had only one need now, to make her pay.

He unsheathed his sword, vowing to avenge Benedict. Even if it meant death.

She knew the slavedriver was chasing her. For the sake of her brother, she had to live. She reached for the dagger and painfully pulled it out of her leg. She dropped it on the ground and slowly began to stand. Her kitchen knife was in one hand, Michael in the other.

"Please, don't kill me. i'm the only one who can take care of Michael."

She smirked when that one arrow was fired at her and with that being done she shifted her weight over to the right as she darted in that direction avoiding the arrow in which gotten no where besides the ground behind her. She sighed and kept her weapons pointed at the ones who attacked her and Jeremiah she wanted to laugh so badly at this point since these twins have no idea what kind of person she really was or what she was capable of. Her eyes met their gazes upon herself while she listened to the sob story of the Cannibal and the twins trying their best to make her reconsider killing the cannibal. She peered over to Jeremiah who had his 45 drawn and pointed at the twins. While hearing the one girl finish her little speech she finally spoke with her weapons still raised and aimed.

"Honey, This place was built for civilians in which have not lost sanity or hope but if you compare this filthy thing to anyone else you would probably see the difference between the two. But clearly you are too blind to even see what differences they might have. Plus, There are many other ways in feeding yourself around here there is Game all you need is the proper equipment and then there is simple growing of crops all you need is time, And then there is fishing. How do you think we feed the people around here, We act like farmers and hunt like hunters around here. We do not feed on our friends or family because we are hungry. But this woman here obviously lost everything. . Her Faith, Hope, and Sanity so this just won't do around here, especially with little children around. But if I were in her shoes I would have kept going no matter what instead of giving up and turning into a beast. Humph, She is not trying to survive Sweetheart she is just trying to take care of her own needs and not worry about anyone else besides that Brat. Here I have people who play major roles I have men who hunt daily, Woman who take care of the young daily. .We work together as a family trying to survive."

She explained while stating her reasoning as to why this woman has to be killed, She had to be killed because not only will she wipe out their food source but will cause problems to this little community. She knew what she was doing and knew what kind of future they would have if this girl was to remain breathing. Her eyes looked over to the one man who told her the story of Benedict and watched him chase the woman who seemed to have vanished off somewhere. She smirked and thought for a moment before speaking towards the man.

"Just don't make a mess. . .Children don't need to be seeing that. So clean up afterwards."

She then looked to the twins and shook her head as if she was disappointed with them since they should consider that this woman was just trouble. Her guns were lowered before being holstered on each side of her thighs a few minutes after her leg was hugged by a little girl with brown hair and pigtails her skin was pale and dirty and her bright blue dress was covered in dirt indicating she must have played around with the other children. She smiled at the child before reaching down and swooped the child off her feet and held her within her arms as the child giggled and hugged Rebecca tightly with a smile. She had to only be six at the time for she seemed to be about 3 to 4 feet tall.

"I want the best for the people. ."

She commented towards the twins before turning her attention upon the little girl and laid a sweet kiss on her cheek before setting her back on her feet so she could join the other kids.

Last edited by a moderator:
Cassidy heard the woman saying those things about her. They just didn't get it, did they? She was getting angrier and sadder by the minute, hearing all this crazy talk about how she was insane and evil. She was tired of it.

"I'm not a beast!" she cried. "The whole reason I ate a few humans were because they were dead anyways, and I was low on food." she walked up to the slavedriver who had chased her down here, pointing her knife at his face. "My mom and dad were put in a plague-filled room to suffer because of it. I suffered while watching them choke and beg for mercy. They died, after weeks of sittin' there, they slit their own throats." she walked toward the woman who had tried to shoot her. "I never had a chance to say goodbye to them, I was too scared that I would lose Michael." she turned to the other man. "They were slavedrivers who tortured my parents, and now I'm gonna be killed because of my mistakes. I'm sure we've all done some terrible things before the plague swept in." she walked in between all three of them. "My momma didn't want to eat the flesh since my little brother was on the way. We fed her some roots we dug up. He's never had an ounce of human ever since he was born. That's how much I care for him. If ya wanna kill me, go on ahead. Line up. Michael's gonna need some proper care while I'm gone. I hope you have goats, cause he can only drink goat milk." she set down her kitchen knife, gently placed her little brother on the ground, and pulled off her pack. "I'm gonna miss ya, little brother." she pulled off her locket, and placed it in his tiny hands. She strolled out in front of all of them. She smiled widely. "Kill me."

Status
Not open for further replies.