Aftermath

Status
Not open for further replies.
She could hear parts of what they were saying. They thought she was dangerous. A cannibal. But the slavedriver was getting closer. If she was caught, Michael would die. They would be separated, he would starve, and no one would care to bury him.

Darrin would sell her to the most ruthless of his clients. He'll give her hell. But before selling her, he would throw the brat to the cannibals and let her watch as the brat's flesh gets devoured, flesh after flesh, just as he did. Darrin would hang the skull as a trophy, as a reminder of the pain Benedict went through.

However, with a gun pointed to him. It was not to be. Not yet. He needed to persuade the two protectors that she was a threat.

"SHE'S A CANNIBAL! DON'T LET HER IN! IT'S A TRICK!" He roared, still running after her.

Rebecca was not going to waste anytime, So without warning her hands shoved against the back of the woman as the woman was obviously shoved through the open gates and Jeremiah was literally thrown in along with the woman as Rebecca quickly ordered the gates to be closed. "Close the gates, Quickly!" her voice boomed throughout the whole area as she then ordered Jeremiah to keep a close eye on the girl who was suspected to be a cannibal. Jeremiah had a important role which was to not let the woman out of his sight and if he failed then the whole settlement would have to face death in the eye. With a swift turn of her body she faced the man with her right hand lifted as the barrel of her gun was pointed in his direction her eyes narrowed and her face was straight. She was not going to have this in her place in which she called home, She wanted the happiness in which she never had nor experienced during her childhood she wanted a family and these people was all she had left.

"Back off Sir. ." She said with a voice filled with warning. She kept her weapon aimed and her gaze upon the man as he came closer to the establishment. She was to over protected of her friends and family and if it met that she had to kill someone in order to protect the ones she loved then so be it for it will be worth it in the end anyway.

Darrin backed off. He tried to piece everything together. Why were they protecting her? The cannibal girl was really a threat to them. She killed Benedict. He didn't understand. What he understood was that she had the authority over this. This was her turf now. He respected that.

Jeremiah nodded and grabbed the girl's wrist. "Come on, girlie." Jeremiah turned around and saw that Darrin was the one chasing the girl. "Now wait jus a minit. I know dat man! He's a business man who comes 'round these parts quite often. Where's yer brother, Benny or something. Where's he? Normally you two are always together."

Reactions: GorgeousNightmare
"Jesus Christ. ." She grumbled and lowered her weapon once again while getting a good look at the man she has seen here before but never really socialized with. She usually associated with his Brother but something was off about the whole situation, His brother was no where in sight. She peered around the man to see if his brother would be hidden behind him or something but nothing. With a sigh she slowly lifted her right foot and took a step forward while her left followed she began to approach the man with her weapons still in hand. She kept her head down as she brushed her arm against the man while she walked past. "Lets take a walk. ." She mumbled and began speaking again in the same tone of voice "But not to far. ." With that she began walking away from the establishment, This was the time he could tell her what has been happening.

Cassidy looked down at the ground while the man spoke to the slavedriver. Sometime soon she would have to tell the truth. But for Michael's sake, she had to stay quiet. The whole reason her parents died was because they admitted they ate humans when the food supply was low. They had been kidnapped, and they had left Michael in the care of Cassidy, just in case they didn't come back. They were locked in a plague-filled room, and died there. The slavedrivers who had kidnapped them threw their bodies in a bonfire. Cassidy never had a chance to say goodbye. She looked up at the man who had let her in.

"Well, ain't ya gonna lock me up or somethin'? My lil' brother is gonna need proper care while I'm gone."

Jeremiah looked Cassidy over. "How old are you, girl? Is dat child yers?"

"It was about three weeks ago when she came to us in the night, all weary with the brat screaming like a banshee. We didn't open the door. At first we thought it was a trick by the other slavedrivers to lure us out. Then they would kill us and steal our merchandise. But Benedict had a gut feeling that it was not them, that it was safe. His gut feelings saved us many times so I trusted it. We opened the door and invited her in. We felt merciful then so we let her stay and fed her in exchange for her service as a maid. Benedict doted on the girl. He had fallen for her. It was his choice so I respected it. I gave him space, too much space.

It happened yesterday night when I was out to deliver some of our merchandise. Benedict wanted to stay back so I went alone. When I came back. Benedict was dead. There she was, ripping off his skin. She had started eating. It was sick. Then she fled when I started to attack. I chased her here. I want to avenge Benedict, Rebecca."

That was his story, his explanation. His eyes glazed with anger and... Mourning.

"I'm thirteen. This is Michael, my lil' brother. We've been through some pretty bad things."

Jeremiah nodded. "13, huh? Bet I could find one er two nobles who'd want a girl yer age. Sick bastards. 'Though I got ta make some money some how."

"Whaddaya mean? I'm just lookin for a way to keep Michael healthy an' safe. Why would I need to be sold to them nobles?"

From a couple of feet, a young teen was standing by looking at the 13 year old girl and her little brother talking one of the slave drivers.....

Michael started to cry. Cassidy slowly let the pack slide to the ground, turning, and picking him up. The man was acting awfully suspicious.

"Well? Ya gonna answer me?"

The young teen watched the 13 year old girl and the slave driver talking getting prepare just in case the girl shouted for help......

"Well, ta be honest. T'wouldn't really help you er yer brudder much. Howeva, there are a few nobles who would pay quite a price fer a young girl like you. And they would do awful things to ya. But they would pay me a sum and keep you and Michael alive long enough to, uh, get some good use outta ya."

"Huh!? I thought that... you're a... a..." slavedriver. That's what Cassidy wanted to say. But the word was stuck in her throat. She couldn't breathe. It was another trick. Little Michael was crying even more. She had to run. She picked up the pack, and set Michael inside.

"You... you..."

". . ."

Rebecca was speechless since her thoughts were no longer flooding her head her face turned red for a brief moment before turning back to normal as she then turned and walked on back to the establishment with a dangerous glint within her eyes her hands grasped onto the revolvers a little tighter while her mind screamed to kill this Woman for even doing such a thing. Her teeth clinched and her mind was in the danger zone since she was now in the killing mood.

"Lets go and end that little Brat and her pet. ."

She sighed and continued walking as her eyes became watery due to the feeling of not being able to speak to Benedict anymore. It only took her minutes when she returned to the settlement and she stopped in front of the closed gates before ordering for them to be opened and once they were opened to their full extent she walked into the settlement with the man following behind her and once her eyes spotted the female and the kid she lifted her right arm and pointed the gun at them with a hard, cold expression upon her face.

"Jeremiah Move away from them. . .Now"

She ordered and awaited for it to be done. She stood a distance of five feet away from them keeping her aim upon them as a tear escaped her right eye.

Jeremiah scoffed, but did as he was told. This girl would make him a little bit of money but it wasn't worth arguing with the bitch who ran the settlement.

The woman had returned, and told the man to stand back. The woman pulled out a gun and pointed it at Cassidy and Michael. A tear rolled down her cheek. She glanced at the other slavedriver, the one who had chased her here. She didn't want to die. After all she had been through, she was going to be shot because someone didn't trust her. She had to tell them the truth.

"He.. he tried to rape me. The other slavedriver. He backed me into a corner, saying that I was his. He tried to undress me. I was scared, so I stabbed him. I was about to leave, and then I realized I wouldn't have any food. So I tore of his legs. I didn't want to." he eyes were filled with tears. "I... I didn't want to." Cassidy repeated. She fell to the ground, tears streaming down her face. "Please. Please don't kill me."

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.