After The Happily Ever After

• Thread starter Six Million Dollar Man
  • Start date
"No No…" Replied Jack. "See, the really good ones were in a red box with a yellow thunderbolt, for Captain Marvel. This black one with the yellow thunderbolt is empty, like the evil Black Adam." He threw out more comic book lingo, before getting up and looking for them...

Oh.
"I have no idea about those," Staci replied.
She went through all that work, for the wrong pens.
"ARe you sure you didn't misplace them?" She asked.

(Ugh! this thing didn't show up for me at all!)

"Maybe…Thanks anyway, we need to give something to the neighbors that just moved in, I'm sure they'll love this Black Adam Pen Case…"

Then came the couple's little dog. His name was Nimbus, and he happened to be a malt-shitzu combo, blessed with the powers of…a cloud. The dog bounced in and handed Jack his pen case.

"That's a good boy~" Jack complimented Nimbus, patting the dog on the head. "I'll walk him once I finish this next page…Can you believe I still have to do another issue this month? Thankfully these 'quarterly' comics only come around every three months…Or else I'd have broken my hands from all the frustration! DX"

Staci laughed at her husband.
She knew he was stressed, and the thought of him exploding made her giggle.
She walked behind her husband and started to massage his shoulders.
Staci watched the little dog beside her wag it's tail.
The dog seemed to love Jack more than herself, but she didn't mind.
She was a cat person anyway; one day she would adopt one.
"Now, we wouldn't want your hands broken, would we? No one to walk Nimbus," She laughed.

"Yeah…" Replied Jack, the massage starting to calm him as Nimbus nuzzled up his little head on the woman's ankle, making low noises as if to perform some sort of greeting, before climbing up onto Jack's lap to lick him on the nose. Jack groaned, and chuckled afterwards, wiping his nose with a tissue, and patting the dog on the head as he climbed out of his seat to take the dog out.

"You want me to pick anything up while I'm out?…"

"A gallon of Milk and some butter, darling," She answered, heading back to the kitchen.
She started to wash the dishes from this morning.

"Like always~"

-

While Jack was out, a little boy stumbled towards the house. He had greasy hair, and clothing that looked a little bit dirty.

He sat on the road, and began to play with a rock. The toddler appeared to have been lost…at least for a couple of days, though it seemed he was sufficiently fed...

Staci turned on the tv, and sat dow on the couch.
All of her other things could wait, it was now time for the Ellen show.
She loved Ellen.

The child walked over to the back of the house. This was just as Jack came back to drop Nimbus back home, deciding not to take the dog to the market this time, as he said another goodbye to Staci.

Nimbus began to bark at the outside, running over and whimpering as he nudged Staci's legs with his head: The child from before knocked on the glass door into the suburban house, giggling at the 'silly' dog.

Staci yelped.
She saw a child knocking at the glass door of her home.
The boy seemed to be fond of Nimbus.
The boy couldn't do any harm, so she mentally opened the door and invited him in.

The boy walked in, and Nimbus leaped onto Staci's lap, the child in awe of the psychic power the woman possessed. He climbed up and snatched Nimbus before he could get away, and began to pet him. The child seemed to not realize this wasn't its home, nor that this wasn't its family. It just felt…safe. Strangers had given the child food, and took him to the police, or some child care services of some kind. But he'd always get away...

Outside, a storm began to brew: At the first sound of lightning, the boy began to cry, letting Nimbus go, and hiding his face in Staci's chest, scared for his life. From the smell on him, it seemed he needed a bath...

Staci's nose scrunched up.
The boy needed to be cleaned, but he seemed to scared.
She heard the storm brewing outside, that must be it.
"ARe you okay? It's just a tiny storm," Staci comforted, and rubbed the little boy's back.

The toddler whimpered, clinging to Staci, while Nimbus barked at the outside. The funny thing was, the dog possessed elemental powers based on the weather. At some point, he let out a bark that threw off sparks. The baby boy was pulling on Staci's shirt, trying to get her to take her somewhere, ANYWHERE away from the storm. And this was the perfect moment to give him a bath...

Staci noticed the boy pulling at her and knew he needed to leave the room.
"Come on," She held his hand and took him to the bathroom.
Making sure the water was luke-warm, she undressed the small boy and started to wash him.
She put some shampoo in his messy hair and began to lather it.

The boy was confused by the water and shampoo, before he realized it was all just a tub of water. That's when he started kicking and splashing around, giggling at the chaos he was creating.

Nimbus scurried in, tail wagging as he sat back and watched with curiosity...

Staci jumped back when the boy began to splash teh water onto the floor.
"Not right now," She scolded.
While holding the young boy still, she began to finish washing him.
Then she allowed him to sit in the tub, while the water drained.
He smelt better, and looked cleaner.
She was happy.
"Are you feeling better?" She asked.

The toddler began to pout, saddened that he didn't get to play very much, as he stood up, and allowed for the towel to wrap around.

-

"Honey, I'm hooome~! I took extra long because I had to fight some Taekwondo students and they were all out of that one drink you liked…"

He dropped the shopping bags onto the kitchen table, and went upstairs to search for his wife...

Staci heard that Jack was home.
What would he think when he saw the young boy.
She picked the young boy up, towel and all, then walked into the hallway to meet Jack.
"That's alright, my drink will probably be there next week," She smiled, and hoped that Jack wouldn't flip b/c of the young boy.

…And when Jack saw the toddler, he stared at Staci a moment...

"…Do we really work that fast?"

Staci looked from Jack, to the young boy.
Trying to force a smile on her face, without making Jack think something was up, She said, "Work fast?"