Not open for further replies.

RiverNotch

any pronouns
Original poster
LURKER MEMBER
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Invitation Status
  1. Look for groups
Setting. This story should be set Adventure Time universe, but roughly, with a focus on exploring the spaces between Prismo's apartment and Ooo, the spaces still unexplored by the show. In terms of time, the story will be set a good number of years into the series' future, so that the events of the show will be explored more like myths, with series characters appearing sporadically.

Plot. The focus is on the player characters (I'm hoping four, with each representing one of the four elements) taking a mushroom rocketship into Outer Space, exploring the nine (astrological -- discounting Terra and Pluto, including Sol and Luna) planets, and searching for whatever it is that would fulfill them. I've played with this story idea before, and my rough sketch of these characters' motivations is that one of them wants to escape a bloody past, another wants to find a metaphysical boon, another wants to find a material boon (either to satisfy greed or to somehow save Ooo), and the last one is just doing some research; but of course, the choice is yours. Episodes will be structured around the characters landing on a planet, having an adventure, then leaving the planet behind, with these threads snowballing to a climax somewhere near the Kuiper Belt (or, in this case, the Firmament of Fixed Stars).

Tone. If neither the characters nor the setting, then the oddball language, the "hidden darkness" aesthetic, the somewhat disjointed storytelling, the humor, the Adventure!, and the pop culture references should be most captured. Also, just as the series and its central characters evolved, so too would I want this story and its player characters: the first few planets will be funny, lighthearted, and obtuse; the central planets will be more serious, if still funny and obtuse; and the final planets, though a return to comfort, will maintain an air of melancholy about them, vivifying the impending end.

Thanks for reading!

I'm really up for this. Might take me some time to catch up on the show but it'd be worth it :)

• Thank You
Reactions: RiverNotch
I am in dire need of catching up on the series myself. I'm interested nonetheless.

• Thank You
Reactions: RiverNotch
Lovely! Maybe one, two more respondents before some sort of OOC.

Colour me Intrigued by this

Status
Not open for further replies.