Across the Wasteland

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
The smaller one shrugged and sat down closer to him, hugging him and closing his eyes, "I'm here···" he
whispered, gripping a little strongly onto him. His emotions were piling up by now and he could feel the need
technically oozing from his lover as he ran his little hand through his hair, redish and dirty as it was out of
the urgent need of being washed. He could feel the wind constantly hitting the cardboard boxes and paper on
the "walls" and he'd just let himself on the other's body..

Xavier smiled gently when Emmet hugged him, feeling whole and happy with his love in his arms. Doing nothing more than holding his love, he kissed the top of his head, enjoying this quiet time with him all to himself. "I've missed being able yo do this..." he murmured, raking his fingers through his hair. "What...what do you think we should do next? I still think we should leave..."

"He won't hurt us more than he can hurt himself" he explained, running a hand on his lover's hair and then
sitting on his lap slowly only to lie down on him with his head on the crook of his shoulder and neck. "I think
we need a very long well deserved rest····"

Xavier nodded. Wrapping his arms around Emmet, he whispered, "Do...do you want me to take first watch? I don't want to leave you unprotected..." He sighed softly. He was dead tired, too, and knew that he wouldn't be of much help in his current state. Hell, he would probably fall asleep during his watch.

"No... we should just rest for now, I'm sure we'll be okay.. . you deserve it more than anyone..." he mumbled and allowed him
to lie down besides him, hugging him and pulling a little on his jacket "....." he dozed off, quicker than he himself thought capable
his eyelids just closed underneath his black jungle of hairs.

Xavier lied close to Emmet, worrying to himself for a couple minutes before sleep finally dragged him under. He didn't dream, his body too weak and tired for any of it, and instead slept peacefully. He was dead to the world, and was unlikely to wake for even the end of it.

The hours passed by, and while they slept, the sniper had awoken to check out the medicines again,
looking for the one that would make him feel better, having a very low sugar and having wasted so
much energy before, he felt like dying at that moment would be for the best, but then again he decided
it'd be okay if he could just find the insulin already, even tough it all looked the same... "shit..." he
mumbled to himself, running a hand on his charcoal hair "ah... I feel.. terrible..." his complaining ended
there, he just gave up and lied back down annoyed. "One more day without it and I could die...".

The next morning was quite normal, however, but the first one to wake up was Emmet, who only stood
on his hands, shook his head and looked down at Xavier, taking his hair and ruffling it "Xavier, it's morning..."
even at this slight noise, the sniper also woke up, annoyed and groggy.

Xavier awoke to Emmet's soft voice and a ruffling of his hair. Squeezing his eyes tight and moaning softly, he let out a yawn, shifting a bit as he stretched. "Morning," he mumbled when he finally opened his eyes, smiling gently at Emmet. "Sleep well? No nightmares or anything?" Pushing himself to a seated position, he smiled again at Emmet before standing so be could kiss him.

Noticing the sniper, he said a short, "Morning," still not entirely trusting of him.

The boy kissed him out of instinct now and then moved away to hand him a bottle of water, before noticing the mess of the medication
"...w-what happened...?" he asked Xavier, wondering if it had been him to do that, given the fact that the sniper didn't even react to
the older man's call, actually he just stood there with a hand on his head like he had a headache.

"I don't know..." Xavier answered, looking at the mess. "...maybe he tried to find the insulin again? Is that what happened?" he asked, looking to the sniper now. Or was it something else?" He knelt by the sniper, looking down at him. "Look...is there anything I can do to help?"

The other one finally turned, sitting up and yawning tiredly, "It doesn't matter" he simply answered, standing to his feet
and peeking outside the hut "I only need sugar for now, that helps." he commented, going back to his sleeping spot and
looking at Emmet who was handing out breakfast for Xavier. "You guys should just rest for the moment."

Graciously accepting breakfast from Emmet, he caught his hand in his own and kissed it, smiling. "Thank you," he said, before opening his can of what he thought was a can of frozen pineapples that were chopped into pieces. Eating it, he asked the sniper, "Ummm...do you want something canned? Canned fruit is supposed to have a lot of sugars in it..."

He eyed it for a moment but instead of complying he just looked away "That's okay." he replied, after all,
it was obvious without a doubt that they had fought for what they had and it wasn't fair that he would just
take their food. However Emmet didn't think with his process of logic, so almost instantly he practically just
shoved a much smaller can that contained tiny cut peaches. "...... uh..." he was dumbfounded by the boy,
who sat down besides Xavier, still blushing from that sweet gesture to his small hand.

Xavier smiled gently as Emmet gave the sniper the can. It seemed that he was changing a lot from when he had first met Xavier. He was...kinder, it felt like. Once Emmet was sitting next to him, he leaned over and kissed his cheek, murmuring a soft, "Thanks," against his soft skin. He really didn't want to argue with the sniper. That just seemed like a headache better dealt with never.

"When do you think we should go?" He asked softly. After he's...um better?"

Emmet only blushed a bit harder but then he gave back the kiss while Xavier spoke,
then looking at the sniper who could barely hold onto himself as he slowly tried to
focus on his meal while the boy turned to respond to his lover "I think we should
wait another day ... we're still badly injured, and he's very ill, they would take advantage
of us in the matter of seconds..."

Xavier nodded. "Okay." Looking to the sniper, he continued, "Is there anything you want me to get you? Water, food, that sort of thing? I can...look around for more medicine if you want..." He trailed off, not sure if this was something the man would want help with. Absently, he rubbed his bandaged wrist, wincing as pain lanced up his arm.

The younger boy noticed that gesture and looked down, he could see the work had been done
perfectly , but that it still hurt, so he just trailed a finger over Xavier's hand, and all the while he
tried speaking to the sniper, he would just continue being silent. Maybe way too much, but Emmet
honestly preferred that, a little bit of silence, and appreciated the man's gesture, leaning into his
lover calmly.

Calming as Emmet lightly ran a finger along his hand, Xavier sighed softly as he tried speaking with the sniper, closing his eyes for a while and feeling him settle close to him. "Do you think it's possible," he whispered into his ear, "that there's really some sort of safe house for people? I mean...if there is, I want to go there. I'm...dying, in this cold. When I was younger, they'd always talk about life expectancy, and said that in Russia, the people would die sooner because of the cold. I...if there's a chance that we could find someplace warm and safe, I want to go there..."

"I've not heard words from the whisperers" he replied, a certain kind of code for a denial to these basis "People don't die for getting
too cold unless they freeze over or get hypodermic, or anything like that ... they die through starvation and neglect, and that's
not something you're gonna get to anytime sooner, you have migrain because you don't ever cover your head, besides, trust me,
even if you think you're dying, for that boy, you'll live." he simply said, and slowly continued his meal, his hands shaky already.