Across the Wasteland

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Now, it was Xavier's turn to be confused. "What? You mean, like a ghost? I...all I know is we hear Vaughn being hurt so we went to him, and found him with those men in a dog cage...he must have escaped and gone to find you..." he trailed off, wondering how in the world that wolf could have found the man when it could barely walk by itself.

Everyone just outright decided to be quiet and continue to have their meal silently,
specially Emmet, now gone pale once more as he lazily nibbled on a peach slice. He
didn't know what was going on... but then he turned to look at the man sitting besides
him, just remembering something because of the peaches and again going beet red.

"...Anyway what happened happened and I'm glad kid's okay..." the sniper answered,
turning to look at Emmet for a moment "...Is he ... alright?"

"He'll be fine," Xavier answered, smiling slightly. Reaching over, he.squeezed his hand, letting him know.it was okay to be embarrassed. "What about you? Still feeling like you're dying?" Tilting his head slightly, he.regarded the man with a curious gaze, wondering if he truly was helping them without expecting anything in return.

He smiled weakly at Xavier and swallowed when he noticed Emmet's red face, hot memory? maybe. (yes)
But then at his question he looked down to his trembling hands "...Yeah a little. But I think I'll be fine. The
dose wasn't that high up ... But if I die sleeping don't wake me up" he commented, actually making Emmet
smirk in a sad manner, but the boy kept his eternal silence. "Besides ... what can I want from you besides
insulin? Nothing but security in numbers really... my son just died so there's no point in staying in just one
... place" he coughed.

Xavier frowned slightly at the man's admittance that his son died. It was sad...they stuck together for ten years, only to have the younger one die? Xavier, who had mostly stayed alone for the end of the world, couldn't really comprehennd it. He had only known Emmet for a few weeks, yet he could hardly imagine a life without him.

Closing his eyes briefly, he sighed before asking, "Any way I can get you insulin? I had a friend a long time ago who had diabetes, so I sort of get this..." In reality, it was a damned miracle the man was still alive after all this time.

He shrugged noticing the man's frown but he kept quiet, only looking at Emmet for a moment,
before turning to reply to his question "I really wished I knew... I was locked away in a small
red cross zone that's hidden underground .. but ten years is a long time and I ran out little after
he died so..." he smiled bitterly. Emmet pulled at Xavier's sleeve.

"... " He, however said not a single word.

"What is it?" Xavier asked, leaning close to Emmet as if he had a secret to tell him. Reaching up, he lightly ruffled his hair, smiling slightly. However, his mind was elsewhere. A place underground that had kept this man and his.kid alive for ten years? While he and Emmet were out here, freezing to death? Grumbling at the unfairness of it, but not loud enough to be heard, he forced a smile for the boy, wanting him to start talking again.

The man was distracted with fishing out a peach from the sweet liquids, so the boy took the chance
to speak to Xavier's ear. "...He speaks while asleep" he commented "He's not lying ... but he's not
telling us everything" he finished quickly, his voice when whispering was childish and a little high
pitched, fitting his age, however it was cold and lacking emotion. The sniper noticed them talking and
smiled softly, what a pair of lovebirds.

Frowning at Emmet's words, he bit his tongue to keep himself from shouting out until he could lean in to whisper in the boy's ear. "What d'you mean?" he asked, moving his hand to find Emmet's so he could hold it, squeezing gently. Throwing a wary look at the man, suddenly suspicious, he lightly kissed Emmet's jaw, so the man would think that they were talking about love, and not anything to do with him.

After a second, he added, "Will you ever be the same kind, loving Emmet I once knew? I know Vaughn's dead, but I miss the old you..."

He suspected him, the sniper noticed instantly, but he didn't care, it wasn't an issue as long as he didn't get all violent
and he was safe for now, besides, after everything that happened, he wouldn't be surprised of any sort of suspicion.

"I mean he's hiding something... I think he poisoned himself" he whispered, very, very lowly, and when he felt the gentle
gesture to his chin he closed his eyes and blushed, looking at Xavier with weak eyes. "....." he didn't reply to his plea.

"But why?" Xavier replied, forcing himself not to let a frown cross his lips at Emmet's refusal to answer his earlier question. "Why would he do something like that?" he added, keeping his lips centimeters from Emmet's ear and his voice barely audible. To keep the act up, he slowly tangled the fingers of his free hand in the boy's hair, raking them through the soft locks and trying not to get angry that Emmet hadn't answered him earlier. That would only add to their problems.

"...I'll tell you later" he replied and snickered, biting his lip aggressively to then push him away and stand up, then go sit down besides the briefcase that held all the clothing they had found, only to pull out new jeans -that fit him- and some shirts and stuff to help himself from the cold. The sniper only laughed at this obvious rejection.

Sighing in defeat, Xavier sat back, already missing Emmet in his arms. Pulling them around himself, to stave off the cold, he ran his hands over his arms, trying to build up a friction. Closing his weary eyes, he yawned for a moment, his breath condensing in a soft white cloud. In truth, he was dead tired, but he wanted to stay awake as late as possible, so Emmet wouldn't be in any danger, from the sniper or from anything else.

(*very shameful confession* i forgot the sniper's name ... was it Cloud?)

The younger adult turned to look at Xavier before lying down randomly where he was sitting, with his back
turned to Xavier and Emmet, the boy had finished changing and put a jacket on his lover's shoulders, but
then again he noticed the gesture of indifference and thought badly of that, walking closer and moving his
shoulder to call his attention, but the man ignored him ... or maybe he was far gone into slumber. "He's not
responding Xavier..." the boy looked at him worriedly.

((Sorry! I didn't get the alert that you'd replied!))

Xavier's eyes widened at Emmet's words. Moving to the man, he shook him roughly, turning him onto his back. "Hey!" he shouted, wondering if he should hit him. "Wake up!" Nervously brushing his hair out of his eyes, he frowned deeply, shaking him again. "Damn it," he muttered, before reaching his hand back and slapped him, hard, trying to rouse him.

(OUCH OMG XAVIER HE'S JUST SLEEPING CALM DOWN)

His instant reaction was the next: Sitting up, cleaning his face, and returning the hit afterwards, then just lying back down and curling up, LITERALLY going back to sleep right there. Emmet's jaw just dropped at this entire motion, he'd never seen anyone do that.

Xavier was left dumfounded, a red hand print on his cheek from the returned slap. Glancing at Emmet, he shook his head in exasperation, backing away from the man, his face hurting. "You saw that, too?" he asked Emmet, rubbing the red mark on his face.

"Y-Yes···" he replied barely, too shocked by this to think straight. Could human beings actually do things like those
normally? What one would call this even? What had possesed this man into acting this way? ···· suddenly Emmet
found himself awfully interested into this, he was so weird, even if he was sick he'd hide it and not even act sad
about it, unlike Xavier. He turned to him and ran a gentle hand on his now reddened cheek. "Does it hurt?"

"No...I'll be fine..." Xavier whispered, though the spot where he'd been hit still stung a bit. Placing his hand over Emmet's, he leaned forward, placing a gentle, chaste kiss on his lips. Pulling away a moment later, he whispered, "I'm sorry..." and looked away. He couldn't help himself. He just wanted to feel close to Emmet again, especially after all that had happened.