Abandi

Ryogen grunted as Abandi tugged on him and felt pained by all the talking. All the noise Abandi was making made his ears ring as he sat up. He slid on the clothes as quickly as he could.
"Abandi," He murmured, "Something very strange happened yesterday and I think you were hurt, but then you were healed! That's a handy ability, but from now on could you try to avoid even acknowledging this shadowy woman? She made us very worried."
His head turned to Gemini.
"Do you think people would have talked? Is it safe to eat breakfast?" Ryogen was used to taking precautions from Abandi's wonderous powers, but for just once he wished he could stay in a town without marring his reputation. The shadow was being more problematic than ever, and yet he almost never seemed to sense the light's presence within himself. He wondered if that was the way the world was balanced at the moment: dark prevailing over light.

"But Ryo...If I ignore the other Abandi, then I'll have to purge again. That's what she called it anyway...Purging..." Abandi shivered at the sound. "The other Abandi says she can protect me...maybe that's what she did when I fell..." She looked down at her toes, wiggling them against the floor.

"I don't know, sis.." His speech was interrupted by a loud noise emanating from his stomach.
"How about we talk about it over breakfast?" He suggested as he rose to his feet, leading them out into the hall. Downstairs nothing seemed unusual, causing him to hope that last night's tribulations were forgotten. The dining area had been converted overnight and now served breakfast. Ryogen grabbed a couple of shoddily cut slices of bread and sat down at the table they had used before. It must have been early, as there was no one else using the facilities.

"You still got that map, Gemini?" He asked between bites.

"I do." She said and pulled out the map. When the waiter came over she ordered two scrambled eggs with ham and a water. Nothing too extravagant. While they were all looking over the map she started pointing to where they were in Eridani and ran her finger over to Hadar.</SPAN>

"We need to move to the next town, which really shouldn't take us very long. Less time even than getting from Cyngi to here. Once we stop there though we will need to resupply for the trek to Norwood. That will probably take us a day or two at the least. Hopefully I can find some answers in Hadar or Norwood…" She trailed off, thinking of where she could acquire information. While she was thinking she heard loud voices, much too loud for the regular breakfast crowd at an Inn. It sounded like they were yelling about something, and they were outside, and walking inside. </SPAN>

"Stay here for a moment if you please. I'm going to find out what's going on." She said to Ryogen and Abandi. Gemini went out into the main entryway/sitting area ready to fight or argue. As soon as she set foot outside the dining area people started turning around to look at her. She kept her back straight and her eyes narrowed, daring anyone to say something to her.

"Sorry, am I interrupting a roaming meeting of some sort?" There were five or six men and two women and they were sitting and standing around the largest table in the entryway/sitting room.

"No you aren't, however we need to have a word, if you please." Said a man who was a bit shorter than Gemini, a bit stout and had a greying beard and dark black hair.

"What is it that you need to talk to me about?" Gemini asked without moving. "And who are you?"

"Good a question as any I say. My name is Reginald and I am just speaking for my fellow towns people, it seems that one of your group created quite a disturbance yesterday..." There was a lot of grumbled agreements and some fists pounding on the table. Reginald waited until they had calmed a bit before continuing. "My people here tell me that she is a witch, and was able to mend her broken bones after falling off of the roof of this Inn. Is that true?" He inquired to Gemini.

"A witch? You have to be kidding me. She is a child, she has not even seen her 16th season yet. A young girl falls and scrapes her knee and you townsfolk call her a witch." She rolled her eyes as she spoke. "I do not mean to offend, but do any of these people have eyesight worthy of telling such a large tale? In fact, don't even bother answering. I appreciate you asking politely, and so I will tell you politely that we intend to eat, and pay for, a hearty breakfast, before we are on our way out of your humble town." </SPAN>

((Crap, my post is completely different from yours Plothole.... I'll make it work though. Give me a minute!

All fixed!!! :D))

Abandi took a piece of bread from her brother, picking at it nervously. She took mouse-like bites, chewing quickly, swallowing hard and taking a couple more tiny bites. The look on her brother's face made her nervous, and when Gemini got up to investigate the strange sounds the feeling worsened. Ryogen didn't want her to listen to the other Abandi, but what if she needed to protect him? She cuddled her body into her brother's side, holding tightly to his chest as she listened to the words being exchanged by Gemini and the man who called himself Reginald.

"A witch?" She looked up at her brothers face in question, unsure of what that meant.

Ryogen gestured to Abandi to stay put and then followed Gemini. He was surprised at the large crowd but listened to the exchange. He decided then that the shadow truly was too much trouble to deal with, and was incapable of helping them in any way. After Gemini had spoken, the townsfolk looked a bit more riled up than anything, and he felt that he needed to say something before a melee broke out. One of the crowdsfolk offered:
"Liar! I saw the girl with my own two eyes! She was dead, thats for sure!" All of the townsfolk muttered agreement, but the man continued his spurious tale. "Then, she gets right back up, and cackles, like an old witch! As if possessed!" The woman standing next to him shook her head. "That's not what I saw," She almost yelled. "She summoned demons, and sent them out across all the town! Come to think of it, I haven't seen old Krych since.. It was her!" The crowd almost started an uproar at this.

"Enough of this nonsense!" He barked. "It wasn't her..." He looked around, as if to see if anyone was watching, then lowered his voice to almost a whisper and said: "It was the thieves. They found an artifact by the old ogre bridge and, rumour has it, they're going to use it to take over the town!" The crowd gasped, then nodded in agreement. "That's right. You saw how they possessed my sister last night. It worried me so much that no one is safe anymore. And those demons you saw?" He gestured to the woman as the crowd leaned in, almost craning their necks to hear. "That means they're here. Right now, by your houses. They're waiting till nightfall to attack, and steal your coin. Which is why we're getting out of here as soon as possible. Now, if you'll excuse us, we have breakfast."

((Ohi! I'll be playing Aki since it seems your fourth never got back to you guys.))

The food in these types of establishments was generally not something to fawn over. He found himself drudging through his tasteless meal, thinking that he could have simply bought the ingredients, cooked this himself, and come away with a cheaper and better tasting meal. Then again, there was something to be said for the safety and convenience of a bed and a warm meal to wake up to.

His mind tumbled relentlessly. 'This food is awful,' quickly transitioned to, 'my legs hurt, I need to find a horse or something,' which soon became, 'my supplies are running low.' These barely related strings of thought were soon interrupted by a clamoring of thuds and voices across the room. Instantly, his head popped up from the droopy surveillance of his plate. His gaze was cast across the place, zeroing in on what seemed to be an angry mob forming. He could see two clear opponents of the mob, a lithe woman and a one-armed man. "The two of them could never defend themselves against such an angry horde." He muttered quietly to no one in particular.

Words drifted lazily across the dining room to his ears.
"...cackles, like an old witch!"
"...summoned demons..."
"...nonsense!"
"...the thieves."

'Witch, demons, and thieves? It couldn't be...' he thought. He stood quickly and hopped a table over, bringing him closer to the man telling the story. The crowd had quieted and was, as well as himself, listening intently to the man's report. What he heard sent waves of adrenaline through his body! All of it sounded like a sure fit for the book he was seeking. What else could summon demons, mend bones, feign witchery or enable simple thieves to attack an entire town?

He waited until the two unseeming people returned to their table and shot over to them. He arrived at their table in a hurried manner, sloppily dragging a nearby chair to their table and settling in to a flustered clump on top of it. Addressing the one-armed man, he launched a flurry of questions. "You, please, tell me what you know of this artifact! These men, their numbers, what the artifact looked like. I must know! I'll pay you the thirty silver pence I have." His hands expanded, wavering fingers overstating the excitement and intensity in his tone. All four sentences came out in record time, spilling forth from his mouth as though it were already full of words and these were just overflow. His face echoed these sentiments; brow half furrowed, mouth ending slightly ajar, sapphire eyes nearly welling up. "Please, this is more important than you can know!"

"Excuse me, but what in the hell are you rambling on about?" Gemini asked the blonde haired, frazzled man who had sat down at their table with no warning. She put her chin on her fist, and her elbow on the table and raised her right eyebow at him.

"Perhaps you should take a deep breath and start over?" She bade him calm down, then turned to Abandi with her quizzical eyebrow raised as a thought popped into her mind.

"Do you know who this man is Abandi?" Knowing that if anyone had made a friend during their short stay, it would have been her.

Abandi had gripped tightly to Ryogen when they returned to the table, hiding her face from the strange man who suddenly joined them and spoke randomly without actually introducing himself. Abandi let her grey eyes wash over the man, flecks of purple resonating in her iris' as she allowed the darkness to slowly seep into her being. </SPAN></SPAN>
This man has magic. Watch yourself girl…</SPAN> The darkness spoke to her from deep within her mind, readying her to fight if need be.</SPAN></SPAN>

When Gemini questioned whether she knew him or not, she let go of her brother, pushing out from her rickety chair and taking a couple barefooted steps toward the new face. </SPAN></SPAN>

"He's special!" Abandi chirped, pushing her palms out toward the man as if feeling the air around him. She curled her elbows in toward her body and giggled "Like Abandi is special!" </SPAN></SPAN>

He blinked in an exaggerated fashion, his entire face seeming to crunch and slide toward the tip of his nose. He shook his head a couple times, hair flopping about, before unclenching his face and speaking again. "I'm sorry, I have cast my manners aside. My name is - " his mouth shut and his head shifted to the side as the girl stepped up from her chair. This girl, whom he pieced together was named Abandi, had something...different about her. If anything at all, she was seemingly eccentric.

His eyes squinted for a moment as he studied the approaching girl. When she reached out towards him he flinched backwards ever-so-slightly. The six words she spoke danced around his head for a moment before he finally ingested them. Special? What did she mean? He hadn't exactly met a throng of magicians in his travels and it seemed impossible for a meek young girl to be among his kind, even more so that she could sense his status without he doing the same.

"I..my name," he stammered, "is Aki. I am not special, girl. I promise this to you." He forced an incredibly fake smile, canting his head to accentuate his kindness, though it would likely only hammer home the lie. He had never been much of a deceiver and it was always a shortcoming that was expanded upon by his previous master. "I, well..." the stammering continued, "I am an artifact connoisseur of sorts. I collect, trade and deal in ancient artifacts. It just so happens that I, well, I know someone who can sort of, well, contain the wild magics found within these things. They're very dangerous, you see, and, well, in the wrong hands, they can be pretty devastating." His repetition of 'well' was a nervous habit that came through when he was lying. He finished the story with a half-hearted smirk, which he quickly pushed in to a full fledged smile. The whole scene was rather awkward, his mouth jerking to and fro in an extremely unnatural fashion.

"So, will you tell me more about this, well, dangerous artifact?"

Gemini sighed and shook her head while Aki introduced himself and attempted to speak complete sentences. She took Abandi's hand and pulled her to sit on the bench to her right, and draped her right arm over the girls shoulders. She hugged her close and gave her a big smile.

"Special like Abandi huh? Well that IS interesting." She directed the statement at Aki, who seemed to be having trouble deciding which way his mouth should go. "Well Aki, it is absolutely a pleasure to meet you." Her voice dripping with sarcasm. "As you have surely already gathered, this is Abandi. My name is Gemini, and that gentleman sitting next to you is Ryogen." She tilted her head up and towards Ryogen as she spoke, giving him a look that hopefully portrayed what she was trying to get across to him. 'He's a bumbling idiot, but ....?' She wasn't sure about this guy but Abandi liked him, and what did she mean "like Abandi"? Childlike? Magic? She wouldn't know 'till she asked.

"So, Aki, before we have a lenghty conversation in this little slice of heaven, with the devils of this town right outside the door just waiting for the OK to come in here and butcher us for the same answer, why don't we pay for our meals and find somewhere less.... public?" She said it as a question looking from Ryogen to Aki, hoping they would agree. She gave Abandi another squeeze hug and looked her right in her grey eyes.

"Would you like to go for a walk Abandi?" Gemini gave her a big smile as she asked.

(( I am going to post neutrally for Plot-hole simply to bring Ryogen along in the conversation, hopefully Plothole doesn't mind but I won't influence the character so it should be alright))</SPAN></SPAN>

Ryogen had remained silent, watching everyone at the table with a concerned eye. When Abandi got up, he almost reached out to her, noticing the difference in her eyes. As she spoke of the possibility of the man being 'different' like she was, he tilted his head to the side with intrigue. His eyes darted to Gemini who was taking thoughts from his head almost literally. Ryogen nodded his head, not sure what to think of the stammering young man. He stood up tall, paying for all their meals with the money Abandi had somehow acquired and leading the group up to their room. This way they could talk and still have a quick escape if the 'special' young man was the wrong kind of 'special'.</SPAN></SPAN>

"Aki…" Abandi whispered to herself, repeating his name for memory sake. Gemini's body was warm against her own, making her smile at the closeness. Since meeting her, Gemini had always tried to make Abandi comfortable, if this was out of kindness or fear; abandi was unsure. Her mind clouded with the shadow the more she looked at Aki, thinking about who is was and how she knew about his power.</SPAN></SPAN>

The power coming off this magician is delicious…</SPAN> the darkness whispered honeyed words in Abandi' s ears, making her look him over again as they walked to the room. She narrowed her eyes, seeing the world in the way only she could. There was a thick aura around the young man, making her smile. When they reached the room, Ryogen closed the door behind them and Abandi took a seat on one of the beds, watching Gemini and Aki closely.</SPAN></SPAN>

Gemini stood with her back to the door, Ryogen on her left, Aki on her right and Abandi sitting on the bed to the left of Ryogen.

"Let's keep this brief and quiet. Aki, we don't have, nor know of, any artifact. Ryogen simply used that to get the townies eyes off of Abandi. Why are you so interested in an artifact? I would also like to inquire as to why Abandi says you are "like her". Any idea as to what that may mean?" She spoke to Aki but the last question was for everyone. She put her hands on the hilts of her weapons and began pacing the room. Walking from in front of the door, to the other bed and back again. "One more thing before you answer, do you know anything of the warrior Leoric?" She stopped and stared directly into Aki's dark blue eyes, her hard, cold gaze pleading and daring him at the same time.

"Less public? Certainly." He had no idea who these people were, and aside from the young girl he knew none of their names. While the one-armed man went to the counter to pay the fee for their three meals, he returned to his table. He took one glance at the slop on the plate and sighed. "I didn't even eat all of you." He poked the mess once more with his fork before giving up on it. The satchel that had been sitting by its lonesome on the chair was swooped up and put over his shoulder. He felt the comfort of the two orbs inside, swirling and mixing with his natural energies. Immediately he felt safer and a bit happier about the bland pile on his plate. Oh, and about those strangers too.

Before returning to the strangers he laid a silver piece on the counter as payment for his meal. It was too much, to be sure, especially for the quality, but he waved off any attempt at returning change. He followed the trio up the stairs, feeling a bit more confident now that he was in the presence of two loaded power supplies. As they entered the room his eyes flitted about, taking in all the belongings in the room and scanning for possible escape routes. He decided that the window wouldn't be an easy escape route, so he lingered near the door, going as far as to lean back against it.

Emboldened by the orbs in his pack, his senses became more astute. Once more he felt a tinge of an indescribable something from the young Abandi. His eyes snapped to hers as she eyed him. Even as the woman paced the room he locked his stare with hers.

What are you?

The connection was only broken by the woman's bold words. His eyes snapped to her face, studying it for a moment before responding. "Leoric? I...no, I've never heard of a man by that name." He inhaled, held the breath for a moment, then exhaled audibly. His right hand expanded over the back of his head, ruffling his hair and coming to settle near it's crown. He brought his elbow in front of his face, turned his back to them and stood there for a moment, clutching his own head against the door.

He stared down at the floor, digesting what she had just exposed. He could feel his heart sinking to his stomach as the reality of what she had exposed came to the forefront of his mind. The book had just felt so close and now he was nowhere closer than he had been several weeks ago. But if there was no book, then that opened up the possibility that the girl truly was like him. That was of some importance, but the key talking point in his mind was the book.

"Lately," he started, speaking out of the side of his mouth to the three behind him, "I've been tracking something. There have been rumors of rampant misuse of magics in these eastern realms. Most recently, tales of a monstrous eruption outside of Cyngi." He turned back towards the weapon-wielding woman and tilted his head downwards, looking at the woman from the top of his eyes. His voice lowered, barely registering above a whisper. "I saw the aftermath. Nothing natural could have created that. Something dangerous is happening around us and I believe it has to do with..." he paused, his eyes switching between the three of them and lingering on each for a couple seconds, "a book. One that was stolen from a, well, a friend of mine. I believe that I can," he continued, his voice starting to quaver, "well, take the book back and stop this rampant destruction." There was his tell again.

The truth was that the prospect of encountering one whom had such power, coupled with knowledge contained in the book, made him weak in the knees. Magic, to one who could wield it, was absolutely enticing. One half of him was crippled with fear over a powerful magician, the other half was exhilarated. The stuff was absolutely addicting, so much so that it had been the driving force in his life for these past few weeks. If there was someone who had actually found the book, they too would be completely enthralled by the power held within. As the saying goes, power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely. This was probably the reason that they destroyed things en masse as well -- it gave an unimaginable rush.

Gemini saw the look on Aki's face and felt bad. He was clearly upset about them not having whatever book it was he was looking for. She felt disappointment at him knowing nothing of Leoric, but she didn't expect much. The people who did know about Leoric were usualy ex-militia, or scoundrals, vermin, and the type of people you wouldn't trust to turn your back to. She slightly shook her head, trying to clear it.

"I see. Well, I'm sorry we don't actually have any book." She stopped pacing and stood next to Abandi with a hand on her shoulder. "As far as an eruption near Cyngi..." She glanced at the girl before looking back towards Aki. "We don't know what that could have been." As she finished her sentence that was a lie, she heard movement in the hallway. "I sense trouble." She spoke quietly as she rested both hands on the hilts of her scimitars, and went over to the door, motioning Aki away with a quick toss of her head. She put her ear to the door to verify the sounds in the hallway. It sounded like a couple of drunks, with a few people shushing them. She shook her head in frustration. Were they really trying to attack them? 'Idiots.' She opened the door quickly and soundlessly to confront the people in the hallway, seeing one or two familiar faces as she spoke to them.

"Can I help you bumbling idiots with something?" She pulled out her scimitars and crossed them in front of her, excited for a fight, even if it is with a couple of drunks. They surprised her by charging towards her and the others.

"ABANDI! BEHIND ME! GO TO THE BACK DOOR!" Even if she could explode whole fields, she didn't like the thought of Abandi being hurt by a couple of drunks. Definitely didn't want her to explode the whole Inn. Standing in the hallway, trying to block the idiots from her friends and Aki, she yells incoherent sounds of bloodlust at the villagers hoping to scare them back, or at least to a stop. She slashed at the first few and glanced behind her, making sure the three were on there way out the back. Unfortunately the idiot villagers were smarter than she initally thought, and there were a few blocking the back door. Ryogen turned a corner and was immediately knocked down with a shovel. 'Gods damn it all...'

"AKI! GRAB RYOGEN!" She yelled at him, hoping he was strong enough to at least drag Ryogen's knocked out form. She ran into the villagers in front of her slashing, and cutting most of them in places that should hurt for a long time coming, then rushed to the back where Aki was hopefully helping Ryogen and Abandi. She yelled at her companions.

"Look out!" As she dove past them doing a somersault with her scimitars in hand, and popped up at the end of the hallway and started battling the man with the shovel. "Another day, another idiot downed." She said in a terrifying sing song that could have matched Abandi's silliness if not for the steel slicing through the air into the man, cutting him down with just a wound. Gemini did not want to kill unless she had to. These people were stupid but not evil.

"Aki, bring Ryogen. Abandi, to me!" She ordered them, begging them to follow her out the back door before any of the villagers could regroup at the front of the hallway.

"RYO!" Abandi Screamed as her brother was knocked unconscious. Everything else was a moving blur, Gemini fighting and whatever action Aki was taking was completely irrelevant to Abandi in her moment of panic. Her thin body was up and over at her brother side in seconds, shaking him in an attempt to wake him. When his body remained limp, the gravity of the scene around her finally seemed to fall on her shoulders. Abandi' s eyes welled up, her veins taking on a purple tint and becoming noticeable through her milky white skin. </SPAN></SPAN>

You must run child. Let me out. Give me control. </SPAN> Abandi fought the darkness, trying her hardest to respect her brothers wishes and not give in to the woman he saw as evil. Abandi shook her head viciously back and forth, accidentally knocking into an outraged villager.</SPAN></SPAN>

"Look at the witch! Her veins show like vines of darkness! Her eyes glow with evil!!" The man screamed, taking out a dagger to vanquish what he saw as witchcraft. Suddenly, everything seemed to be moving in slow motion and right in front of Abandi, was her other self. </SPAN></SPAN>
She stood cool and confident in the clustered fight, her bright purple eyes locked on Abandi' s cold greys. </SPAN></SPAN>
Give me control. Let me help.</SPAN></SPAN>
Abandi began to cry, her indecision confusing her beyond belief. The dark Abandi took a step forward, gently embracing her, still as time slowed to a crawl. Gemini was yelling for Abandi to follow her, un aware of the attacking man, and Aki's whereabouts were blocked by the other bodies filling the room. When the two girls touched identical skin, time seemed to play normally again, but Abandi was different.</SPAN></SPAN>

"I've been waiting for this moment" She snickered, her bright purple eyes reflecting the mischief and power she had been concealing for so long. The man swung at her, holding the blade in a sloppy, untrained fashion. Abandi was suddenly to his side, gripping his arm and burning him with magic. </SPAN></SPAN>
"GAH!" He screamed out, watching as his skin charred under her grasp. She licked her lips wickedly, a pointed tooth poking out teasingly from her dusty rose lips. </SPAN></SPAN>

He hadn't expected them to have the tome, but hearing her reaffirmation still weighed heavy on him. "It's quite alright, it's probably for the be-" he was suddenly cut off by the woman. He too had heard some shuffling outside but hadn't really thought much of it. Stepping away from the door, he saw her fling it open and confront the drunkards outside. In what seemed like mere moments they were surrounded by angry, intoxicated plebeians. Totally blown away by what was happening, he moved with the one-armed man towards the door at the back of the room. The man opened the door with haste and was met with a solid "thunk!" which stopped Aki in his tracks. He watched the man, whom he gathered was named Ryogen after the two females exclaimed his name, fall to the floor. Aki's eyes narrowed and he could feel the energy flaring up about him. He stared the spade wielder down and sent forth waves of pressure, pushing the man stumbling backwards down the hallway.

Then there was that twinge again. Except, this time it didn't fade. It grew and suddenly burst out next to him, drawing his attention back to the younger girl at the downed man's side. He watched her moved with a surreal speed, arriving beside the latest assailant before he even knew what was happening. He watched the girl's fingers curl around the drunk's arm, turning his skin black and dead underneath. What madness of Grygus birthed you?

Yet still, there was something enticing about her. This energy he had felt once before, at the field, where he had stopped and gathered still lingering essence in to the two orbs that lay at his side. His right hand moved over the pack as he stared at her in disbelief, trying to connect the two in some fashion. It cannot be...

"Abandi...you...it doesn't matter!" He watched the acrobatic woman roll beside them and pop up at the end of the hallway, engaging the man with the shovel. Attention was quickly brought down to Ryogen, who would certainly be too heavy to be lifted. He bent down, letting some of his energy flow forth over the man. He was quickly lifted off the ground and levitated over Aki's shoulder. The magic left the man's body and he plopped down on Aki's shoulder, unbalancing him momentarily. He trudged down the hallway as the woman easily dispatched the shoveler. He stretched his right arm out, focusing on the wall in front of them. He wasn't going to wait for a door; he was going to make his own.

"Abandi. Woman. We have to leave now." The boards in the wall were suddenly thrust forward and away from the rest of the structure, pulling the thin fabric that lined the walls with it. The small section then tilted forward until it was parallel with the ground. He levitated Ryogen's semi-concious form down on to the makeshift platform and extended an arm towards either female. "Come with me, I'll get us away from here. I'll explain it all when we're away from this angry mob." Though he had extended an invitation to the two of them, his gaze was cast at Abandi. He shifted energy from the arm that was stretched towards the woman to the arm that was extended to Abandi. Whatever the girl was, he wasn't going to let it hurt him. The idea was that she'd get close and he'd extend his magics to levitate her on to the platform just like he had done with Ryogen.

"Take the assassin, She needs your help more than I" Abandi turned her face to Aki, smiling at his use of magic. She waved her hand in front of her body, casting a shield to stop a couple on coming brutes. Her barrier would spare them enough time to get away and as long as there were shadows near when they finally reached a safe harbor, she would find them. </SPAN></SPAN>

"We will discuss much when you are safe, Magician" Abandi shot him an alluring smirk, using his profession instead of his name. She held her right hand tight, fingers straight and taut across her chest. Her energy seemed to focus at the tips of her fingers, creating a lash which she used to punish the men wielding weapons at her. </SPAN></SPAN>

"GO!" Her sternness was replaced with a grunt as a man caught her off guard and punctured her shoulder with a large utility fork. As soon as he removed the weapon to attack again, Abandi' s body healed up, just like it had done when she fell off the roof. She was out of practice. For so long she had been trying to persuade the child to let her out; it was about time.</SPAN></SPAN>

Gemini stared at Aki. He just busted open the wall and started using it as a magic cart, or something. Then out of nowhere Abandi seemingly turns into a young woman instead of a blubbering scared child and tells Aki to take her with him?

"I don't know what the hell is going on, but Abandi seems to have things under control. Not that I couldn't handle a few drunks." She said with a smirk and toss of her head at Abandi. Sticking out her tounge would have made the face perfect but seeing as how Gemini was an adult and Abandi was long busy fighing off someone who had stabbed her shoulder she did not, instead taking Aki's hand and letting him lead her and Ryogen to wherever he planned. She looked back at Abandi fighting with a heavy heart. 'Stay safe.' She pleaded silently to the now older and much more powerful Abandi. The Abandi she was leaving behind was not the same as the Abandi she had first met, but she certainly seemed to be able to handle whatever these thugs could throw at her. She sighed as she crouched on the board, putting a hand to Ryogen's chest. She looked at Aki and nodded her head to confirm that she was ready.