Abandi

"Oh she's with Ryogen.." Gemini slowly got out of the spring so she didn't alert Abandi to her overwhelming feeling of nervousness. "Will you be ok by yourself for a minute or two? I just have to run to the outhouse." She finished speaking while she put on her robe and started walking out of area, even if Abandi didn't respond Gemini needed to get to Ryogen right away. Even if this "woman" who looked like Abandi was just a figment of her imagination she had to check on him. He was alone, and that was never safe. "You can come with me if you want." She added as an afterthought, yelling over her shoulder while still walking. Abandi could be there, maybe she could stop this "woman" if need be.

"You're not going to be able to stop her..." Abandi said quietly as she stayed sitting in the spring. Her hair was wet and sticking to her face. She rubbed her shoulders as if suddenly feeling cold. Abandi knew what it was like to fight the shadow woman, she had done it many times in her mind. Inside her home of darkness, it was impossible to beat her. The womans vibrant purple eyes glowed in her mind as she closed her eyes.

"No one will be able to stop her" Her voice was hollow of any emotion and she seemed to lose her happy go-luck additude.

Gemini spun around, realizing her ruse did not work on Abandi. She may be young but she was no fool. The words the girl said chilled her to the bone.

"While that may be true Abandi, I do not want any harm to come to your brother, and I will do whatever I can to help him. Whoever she is and whatever she is. Do you not also want to see your brother safe?" She questioned Abandi as she turned back around to go to Ryogen. She ran through the door and down the hallway to the men's area and threw open that door.

"Ryogen!" She yelled as she tossed the door open, hoping he would be in there, and not in any danger.

Abandi stayed in the warm water, listening intently to the voice echoing in her mind.</SPAN></SPAN>
Abandi…listen to me child. We are the same, you and I. Just let me show you your true potential.</SPAN></SPAN>
Abandi's face was stone-like, no emotion crossing it at all. She stood up out of the water, her bare body reflecting the dim light of sundown as a gentle glow. </SPAN></SPAN>
You could protect your brother, avenge your parents…</SPAN> The voice tempted her again. </SPAN></SPAN>
Let me show you your true potential Abandi…</SPAN></SPAN>
Abandi walked out of the washroom without dressing. Her hair was long enough to cover her subtle breasts, but eyes turned to watch her walk through the room and out the door. Once outside Abandi seemed to disappear, blending into the shadows and letting her magic guide her. </SPAN></SPAN>

Ryogen had been talking to a local farmer, who had been filling him in on some of the local job prospects. He had somewhat confidently disrobed and entered the warm water when he had noticed another person sitting there. They had exchanged greetings, with the farmer inquiring about his arm, and Ryogen telling the casual lie that it had been a farm accident. The man had seemed surprised, he had assumed that it was the local bandits. After Ryogen had prodded for more information, the farmer had explained that there were numerous camps of thugs not too far from here, one even occupying the Ogre's bridge. Rumour had it, he had said in hushed whispers, that the thieves even owned the town, and that was why the militia did absolutely nothing about it. He had advised Ryogen not to stray too far from even the high street, and if possible not to elongate his stay here. Ryogen had nodded knowingly, though had an inward smile about taking out the bandits on the bridge. The man had left, and had left Ryogen to ponder on the words.

Ryogen had sat there, daydreaming, until the pool of warm water had begun to ripple slightly, with a shrouded taint. The lights had seemed to dim a little, and he could have sworn that he could almost hear a voice, when the water had started to slowly rise in front of him, shadows flickering around it as he stared at it in bewilderment. He had only one thought on his mind, which was LEAVE. Then Gemini burst in, the small geyser dissipated, the lighting returned to normal and Ryogen jumped with a start.

"Um.. hello Gemini. I think I'm being chased by shadows."

"Thats why I burst in, Abandi said the "woman" who looks like her was with you and I feared for your life. Quickly get dressed we must get back to Abandi right away. She seemed to have absolutely no emotion when I left her and I'm afraid for her, as well as the people around us. More for them than her to be honest." She turned around so he could put his robe on without embarrassment. She started away after a moment, hoping it was enough time for him to get decent. She knew they needed to get back to Abandi as soon as possible, something seemed off. Not that Gemini had known Abandi long, but she felt that even Ryogen was worried about her.

Ryogen nodded and was up in a flash after grappling with his robe for a second.
"I don't know what I can do for her. Normally I'm able to just comfort her and the darkness goes away, but it seems to have got sinister recently.." He remarked as he dashed after Gemini, then came to a full stop as they saw Abandi in the hallway. Ryogen cried out as she promptly started fading from view.
"Abandi, please don't do this! This isn't the way! You're cared for here, and loved, and the shadows won't comfort you. They'll tear you apart! Please listen to me, sister!" He pleaded with her to return, genuinely worried.

Half of Abandi's body seemed to blend perfectly in with the shadows, her one eye glowing bright purple.
"Your sister is not here to speak to you Ryogen, Only I am here..." The woman's voice was deeper than Abandi's though it held the same likeness. The way she held her body was different too, it was that of a strong confident woman.
"I am the only one who can help the girl avenge her family...you know this to be true." Her eyes narrowed as she spoke, a slightly venomous tone to her voice.

Ryogen was startled as he heard the woman's slender tone. Instantly his thoughts turned to defiance. He was not going to let her take his sister without a fight. Obviously he couldn't physically attack her, so it would have to be a verbal battle.

"That's not true. I hold the power to avenge our own family. One day, we shall. And you, shadow, have overstepped your boundaries." He looked her imperiously in the eye.
"You forget," He said almost casually, but with a slight tinge of venom, "That I also hold the light. Release my sister and I won't have to use it." He had laid down the dare and grinned: he hoped the shadow had fears.

The woman laughed at him, stepping back into the darkness. "Your sister is much more than you know. I acknowledge the light in you, yes, but there is a power that only she can harbor. Just like your light Ryogen, she too must learn to control her better half. I am no demon, remember that, I am but another half of your sister..." Abandi took her final step back into the shadows, blending in to the nothingness that shrouded her body.

"Trust that your sister will be fine and trust that she doesn't want harm to come to herself..."

Ryogen shook his head and sighed. It was in Abandi's hands now, only she could save herself. The shadows words were enticing, but after seeing the devastation they had caused he was almost certain that it couldn't be good. Abandi had vanished from view now, and he cursed and looked at Gemini.

"Yeah, I guess there's not a lot we can do now." He ranted in frustration: he had always been able to look after Abandi and keep her safe, but now it was totally out of his control. He didn't like it. He felt like taking up worrying again.
"Perhaps we should just get some sleep?" His eyes felt heavy after that brief soak, and his feet roared at him to sit down. He slowly lumbered upstairs to the room, having given up.

Abandi re-appeared on a roof outside the inn. Her one eye still shone brightly in the darkness, like a cat. She struggled internally, not knowing how to take control of herself.
"What's happening to me? What are you going to make me do? She thought nervously."

"We aren't going to do anything, we're going to talk..." Abandi raised her hands, conjuring a ball of dark energy. She played with it, tossing from palm to palm like a toy."You and I are one, like i have said many times before. Every time you ignore me, push me aside and try and forget about me; our power grows. When our power grows and you refuse to acknowledge me, I have no choice but to purge our body like we did at that field..."

"So... Everything bad I've done... That was because I didn't listen to you? Because I didn't let you out?" Abandi put her hands on her head, confused about what to believe.

"I do not blame you for your ignorance, personally I blame our parents...Even Ryogen is to blame."

"No! They would never to anything bad to me! Never!" Abandi clenched her fists tightly. The magic she had conjured suddenly dispersed. Her sudden anger made her lose her balance, slipping and sliding down the side of the roof. She caught herself on the ledge and tried to pull herself back up. She cried out when she couldn't do it.

"Ryogan could have told you about what our parents did, you know that, but instead he keeps it a secret! He treats us like mentally challenged idiot!"

"NO! My brother loves me! He protects me from you!" She tried pulling herself up again, still not able to do it.

"And then we need to purge again, don't you understand? You can't live without accepting me!" Abandi wasn't able to hold on any longer, letting herself fall to the ground. She screamed as she fell, attracting the attention of a couple of passerby's. They looked over at Abandi, her naked body was twisted and broken. Suddenly she started moving, making the people scream bloody murder. Abandi's broken neck seemed to correct itself and her arm twisted back the right way. She stood up, not even realizing what happened. She blushed, noticing her naked body. She covered herself up and called out to her brother.

"RYO!!!!"

Gemini listened to the whole encounter between brother and sister, knowing there was nothing she could say to help. Her blades were her only weapon, her voice was useless here. When Ryogen seemed to give up and go up to his room she was unsure what to do next. She felt that Abandi would need him, or her, at any moment. The person who was Abandi now seemed like a woman, someone who would do as she pleased. It confused her. Where did this woman Abandi come from, and was she dangerous? If the dark was what made Abandi explode out energy she assumed that it must be dangerous, regardless of where it came from. And what was Ryogen talking about having the light? She shook her head trying to clear the confusion. What she did know was something was taking over Abandi, and Ryogen had given up. She sat at one of the tables, still in her robe, wondering if there was anything she could do. After some time of contemplation she had nearly decided to go the same route as Ryogen and head up to her room, but she heard Abandi yelling for her brother. Gemini quickly got up and went outside, only to witness people staring at Abandi in horror as her broken bones corrected themselves. 'Oh my ... Grygus, what have you done? Save her Kollidan.' Gemini nearly prayed as she ran over to Abandi.

"Are you OK?!" She was checking Abandi over, but all the broken seemed to have healed. "What is going on Abandi, what's wrong??"

Ryogen moped up the stairs, his eyelids heavy. He couldn't single out a part of his body that didn't ache. Just as he reached the top of the stairs, he heard his sister cry out. Adrenaline immediately returned to him as he jumped back down and walked as fast as he could outside. He saw a reasonably large crowd surrounding Gemini, who was kneeling over Abandi. Immediately he sprang into action, scooping up Abandi whilst whispering
"Everything will be alright, I promise." He then carried her back inside, hearing one of the crowd cry out in protest but dismissing it. He quickly marched back up the stairs, arrived at the top of a landing that led through to a narrow wooden corridor that gave way to many doors. He located the right door, but he didn't want to release Abandi yet. He had been so perilously close to losing her forever.

"Gemini, would you mind helping me with this?" He nodded in front of him at the lock.

"Of course." Gemini said to Ryogen as he stopped in front of the door. She opened it for him so he could get Abandi inside.

"What happened to her? Is it normal for her to mend broken bones?" She stopped herself before she went overboard with questions that Ryogen may or may not be able to answer.

"Later." Was all Ryogen could muster, but his mind filled with questions. Broken bones? What happened out there? He laid Abandi down on the bed and sat next to her, playing with her hair to keep her calm. Then he took his key and locked the door. "We may have to make a speedy departure in the morning." He said. And with that, he gave Abandi a kiss on the cheek, walked over to his bed, and collapsed upon it. He was asleep within seconds.

Gemini looked at both of them, now asleep on their beds, and shrugged her shoulders. If Ryogen didn't think it was a big deal then she wouldn't push it. She was very curious, and did want to know more about what was going on but figured it could be something they talk about on the road.

"OK then ..." She said outloud to noone, walking over to the bed with Abandi already asleep in it, laying down next to the girl, exhausted. She was asleep in moments.

The morning came too soon for Gemini's liking. 'I definitely could have slept for another few hours.' She thought as she stretched her arms and opened her eyes. There were birds singing outside and she could see sunlight streaming in through the cracks in the shutters. Abandi was still sound asleep next to her. 'I guess repairing bones takes a lot out of you.' She giggled to herself as she thought about how ridiculous it was. No one repairs their own bones, except now Abandi does, apparently. She looked around for Ryogen, hoping he was also still asleep. She wanted to get dressed before heading down for some breakfast.

Abandi's grey eyes popped open unexpectedly. She sat upright, gasping for breath. Her arms flailed at her sides as she took in air, almost as if she had forgotten the process. She got up, running to her brothers sleeping body and climbed on top of him, straddling his body as it lay under the covers. If it had been any other woman, the act would be inappropriate, but Abandi didn't understand the notion.</SPAN></SPAN>
She pulled on his shirt, trying to wake him, grunting desperately at his heaviness. Her head seemed to swirl around at the sound of Gemini's weight on the weak floorboards and Abandi's eyes went wide. For a moment, it seemed she didn't recognize the woman, but when she darted off the bed and embraced her, it seemed otherwise.</SPAN></SPAN>

"Abandi fell!" She said, hiding her face in Gemini's clothing.</SPAN></SPAN>

"Oh sweetheart, yes, you did fall." Gemini said as she patted and stroked Abandi's deep black hair. "But don't worry, you somehow mended all your broken bones and you're fine now. Your brother is here, and I am here. We will make sure to keep a close eye on you from now on. No more falling for you, OK?" She put her hands on Abandi's shoulders and pushed her back a bit to look in her grey eyes, making the promise she, nor Ryogen, would be letting any harm come to her again.

"Now, are you hungry dear? Would you like some breakfast?" Gemini asked Abandi, and glanced over at Ryogen to see if he was up and ready to go. Luckily, before Abandi had abruptly awoken, Gemini was able to get her own clothes on. "Just have to get dressed and we can have something to eat." She gave Abandi a big smile and pointed over to the neatly folded clothes. They had been lain out on a small table just outside of their locked door, and Gemini had taken the clothes in for everyone.

"B-Broken b-bones?" Abandi's eyes were like that of an owl, wide and terrified. "what are you talking about" She cocked her head to the side innocently, growing more and more weary by the second. With the mentioning of food, Abandi's small frame perked up. She nodded her head energetically and bounced around the room as she put on her linen dress.

"Abandi's tummy is taaaaalking!" She elongated the words with happiness, rubbing her stomach and smiling.