A Witch's Curse

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
The young witch searched through her room for items that may benefit her on their journey. They were mostly magical items for quick uses and medicine in case of mishaps. She knew it wasn't going to be easy. They might be chased out of towns and villages just because of the red cloak she wore. They'll have many nights to sleep outside in the woods but it wasn't that big of a sacrifice. Viola had always enjoyed the woods considering it is where she lived freely without judgment or labels. She was free enough to be herself.

While bringing forth a positive mental attitude about her trials ahead a few knocks were heard at the door. It was time and even with her resolve it was still crushing her inside to walk out on her mother. She had never actually been away from her nor has she travels beyond the town ahead. It was a little exciting to see the world that was out there, but she didn't want to keep her hopes up too high.

Viola's mother was awake and working around the house as usual. She had breakfast cooking away but her mind was continuously drifting to Viola's door. In many ways she wanted to knock on it and see if she was alright. Even apologize for her words that night and to make amends. The idea that she hurt her stubborn child still placed an ache in her chest. Before figuring out the words to say to Viola a few knocks came from the door. It was strange since no one came to see them, no one was brave enough to come to that side of the forest.

With curiosity and caution the older witch came and open the door only to find Lerok on the other side. Obviously this morning would prove to be strange. "Can I help you young man?" She asked with a bit of wonder.

Viola heard that her mother opened the door and walked out of her room. She really didn't know how to explain it, but she tried to find her voice. "He can come in, I invited him over." Viola chirped up and it was obvious that her mother was very confused. "Lerok, this is my mom. Mom, this is the young lad that came to my aid yesterday with that old hag."

"Well, its nice to meet you. You normally don't invite people over." Of course her mother was suspicious as her eyes narrowed in on Lerok. He was considerably strange and somehow stood up for a witch. Thats even weirder than his actual aura.

"I can see that you're suspicious and its best if I just get it off my chest. Lerok is a descendant of the village that was cursed and he's been searching for one of us so we can remove the curse." Viola stopped there before saying anything in case her mother decided to freak out. After what happened the night before, it wouldn't surprise Viola in the slightest.

At first her mother took a seat at the small kitchen table just to soak in everything that was said. "I guess you're going through with it even if I said no. I swear you're just like your father, too stubborn... but with a good heart."

"So you're ok with this?" She asked feeling the sweet joy of her mother's possible acceptance.

The older witch shook her head and chuckled a little to herself. "Not entirely, mostly because I don't see how you can break the curse." It seemed impossible considering no one knew the words that the original witches spoke. It was hard to fathom and the idea of breaking it was out of the question.

Viola was grateful to see that her mother was giving this a chance. At least she had her small blessing to go out there and try to accomplish it. "We thought it would be a good idea to actually go back to the estate and look through there."

Hearing that they had an idea was good. They weren't just going to wander from place to place getting lost. "A starting point is better than nothing. You two sit and have breakfast. I know I have a map around here somewhere and a few charms I want you to take." With that her mother began searching the house. Viola could breathe a breath of relief and felt a weight was off her with a small blessing from her mother. The young girl went ahead and fixed up two plates of breakfast. The two will need a full stomach to stat their journey. "Just think, one step closer to an answer." She said with a smile as she placed the plate in front of Lerok.

Lerok fidgeted in front of the door, teasing at a string that was unraveling on the corner of his sleeve. Maybe this was a bad idea. He didn't want it to be, but he couldn't pretend that he wasn't terrified. What if Viola decided against helping him? What if her mother was the one who answered the door? There were so many what ifs that it was making him antsy, but he'd come too far to just... give up.

To his dismay, it was her mother that answered the door. Lerok paled as the woman opened the door, opening his mouth nervously to try to find a answer that didn't sound... suspicious? That wouldn't put him in danger? Yes, what would be normal? "A-ah, I was looking for your.. uhm... daughter? I had purchased medicine from her yesterday," he began, stammering over his words. He nervously leaned to the side, peering into the house in hopes of seeing Viola to save him.

To his relief, she at least came quickly into his sigh. His shoulders relaxed back. "Y-yes. Uhm. It's a pleasure to meet you," he said, shifting as he tried to figure out if he should offer his hand out, or go inside, or what exactly. He swallowed dryly as Viola's mother looked him over, lifting his chin up in an attempt to make himself seem a little less... afraid. Carefully, Lerok shimmied inside before the door was closed on him or something.

As they walked into the kitchen, Lerok almost tripped over himself at Viola's words. He looked at her in abject horror, jaw dropped. His eyes darted over to her mother, a look of terror in his eyes as he awaited the worst. His Adam's apple bobbed with another strained gulp, feeling his teeth cut into his cheek as he clenched them. The silence felt like a knife over him, but the moment Viola's mother finally spoke he let out a heavy sigh of relief. Nothing bad. He wasn't just... immediately tossed out or lit on fire or cursed again or... Gods knew what really.

Not that the follow up was exactly encouraging, but it was something. "I'm sorry for coming here with such a heavy task," Lerok said, a frown on his face. He could tell her mother was... reluctant, but. He couldn't exactly blame her. This wasn't a small, simple task. "I promise i'll do my best to keep her safe on this journey, however long it will take. I-i'll try to make sure it doesn't take too long," he said, nodding his head to her.

Lerok slowly sat down at the table once her mother had gotten up, resting his bag in his lap. He fumbled with the edge of it, nodding as he watched the older witch go to fetch things. "I hope so. I don't want to put you in danger, or waste your time," Lerok admitted, glancing over to Viola. She seemed... excited? Which was good at least. A small smile came to his face. "For a second, I was afraid your mother was going to throw me out to be honest." He started to nibble on the food, slowly leaning back against he chair. "Even if the estate doesn't have a answer, I hope it will give us another direction to work off of. I'm just sorry I don't have much in the way of help myself."