A Return

C

catulett

Original poster
After years of being cemented into a world known as the Lune, Adam returned to his home world in essentially the same way he entered; in a flash. He was terrified. It was as if he was reliving his supposed death, except now he was on his knees in the middle of an empty neighborhood road, panting. His eyes moved quickly, taking in his surroundings. The sky was black, dim lights illuminated the pavement he was on, and he was surrounded by townhomes which used to seem so normal to him. Now, though, their clean placements were seen as strange through his eyes. In the Lune, all houses were placed erratically and came in a variety of shapes and colors. It came as a surprise to him that this was where he was from, for it all seemed so foreign.

He then remembered a close bond he learned to stop thinking about; that between him and his twin sibling. Memories flashed through his head. The screaming, crying, and the explosion which caused his move and the loss of his legs. They urged him to move, move, move as fast as he could, but he only slowly got up. He felt detached from everything. His body, his sibling, and his world. Well, if he could still refer to this world as his own. With that, Adam moved, though slowly, on the sidewalk. He had no idea where to go now.

If he were to come across his family, or anyone, he had no idea how they'd react. His current getup, his cloak and belt full of weapons and other substances, and his long hair is something that'd be expected to be seen at a comic convention rather than in a rural neighborhood. Most of all, he lost his legs from the knees down, which were replaced by incredibly advanced (and probably highly noticeable) technology from the Lune. All in all, he is quite out of place as of now.

Being the quiet one she was, after shutting out the world because of the grief her brothers death caused, she walked alone on the dark night. Usually she wandered around, not really going anywhere specific, though she had no idea that tonight would change her for the better or the worse.

She happened to be walking near the same area, perhaps by fate or by some odd coincidence. She walked the same sidewalk, just in the opposite way.

Her long dark hair, with streaks of colors blended in, swayed in the night behind her. She wasn't tall and she didn't look like someone who talked to people often but rather as one that scared people often, as far as stereotypes and such go. She was actually a fairly nice person, if you could get past all the titanium walls she put around herself. Not even her family could talk to her easily.

She had been looking down at a book of sorts and bumped into the odd male, her book hitting the ground just before she did. She gave a huff as she collected herself and her things, angered by the person now.

"You idiot! You knocked me down and now my book is likely ruined, not to mention you made me lose my place," She spat towards the person, which she didn't even bother looking up at.

"I apologize," he replied rather calmly, though his hand was hovering near a small weapon on his belt. Though the girl looked to not pose any sort of danger, he didn't trust first impressions. But as he looked at her for a few moments longer he felt as if there was something familiar about her.

"Do I happen to know you?" he asked.