2. One post per week
Writing Levels
  1. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. No Preferences
Genres
Fantasy, Horror, Scifi, Magical
tmb_99831_1748.png

You've just arrived to Kealu - a colorful, quad-island region where Pokémon exist and thrive in grandiose diversity. The starter island is Ke'oa where trainers attend the Pokémon Academy to receive their 1st pokémon, and are given fieldwork assignments to explore the four distinct islands - Ke'oa, Ichiki, Wanu'au, & Leoluna.

Additionally, trainers are granted the opportunity to take on the island trials in order to learn zmoves and ultimately become Kealu's prevailing champion. Sound familiar? Be careful, however, as a creepy team known as Team Joker terrorize the islands and love to show up when you're all alone.

By the way, try to shake off that extra dimensional energy that's radiating from your body.. You're attracting terrible Ultra Beasts and even a realm devouring legendary that will seek dominion over the islands. You reckless Faller, you.

I'm a Faller? What is a Faller? Well you've fallen into Kealu from another region through a wormhole that was created by a pokémon from Ultra Space, and you don't even know it. That, or you've stumbled into the other world by bizarre or reasonable circumstance and have returned back to your home realm. Your memory may or may not have has been jeopardized, but you can start anew and discover your purpose with your new team of pokémon.

Good luck. The islands await you and your heroic destiny.

(Kealu is like our own version of Alola & the plot and theme is based off the Sun and Moon series)

Last edited:
Kind of pondering about stuff here and there, like - does every character need the same backstory basis of being a Faller/attending School etc. I've kind of thought of a backstory for my character and all.

Have you made a Clan for Pokemon Diversity yet?

The academy is really just a setting to bring us all together more easily.Your character could be a sketch arist or a Pokémon trader (etc.) and still attend the school on the side. Players don't have to be a Faller, but being one is significant to the UB plot. I haven't made a clan yet, but I might make one at a later time. I'm really not familiar with the clan feature atm.

I'm really not familiar with the clan feature atm.

It's basically the new and notsoimproved Group feature.

Are we allowed to catch/tame UBs? Thinking of getting myself a Celesteela. Leech Seed for days and plenty of stalling!

Well, guess I'll bump into the students during a fieldtrip during the course of the RP.

If we're not from the school, how many 'mons are we allowed? I'm thinking of 2 active ones and 1... uh... very disobedient yet powerful one.

UBs may become catchable, but that will be later on in the RP. (or at least near the resolution of the chaotic Legendary) However, your character must be a Faller in order to tame the UBs if we agree to let players use them.

All characters are allowed to have a team of 6. Calling dibs on pokémon is not allowed until after the OOC is created (and as long as the pokémon haven't already been requested). @Crow

The Captains and Kahunas have been made, but your character can be one who trains to become a Trial Captain. @Panne

Last edited:
Calling dibs on pokémon is not allowed until after the OOC is created (and as long as the pokémon haven't already been requested)
Does this refer solely to UBs and Legends?

@Crow, it's referring to all pokémon. Players can only request 6 pokémon (no more than that, nor a list of alternatives). Legendaries will need to be bonded with (not just randomly or easily either) and they will be summoned (not contained in a pokéball). Owning a Legendary will be acceptable upon approval, and only after the main story is completed.

By the way, the academy isn't like a high school where the characters are forced to go and learn boring subjects. It's a place where the characters can willingly go to learn about the region and other useful things (like the lore) during their vacation. Primarily it is a starting place to meet the Professor and to receive their starters while also being introduced to some other important NPC's.

Yeah, I was thinking like the School in the SM anime. That is how it'll work right?

So, are repeat mons allowed? Can two people have the same Pokemon?

Somewhat like the anime one. And yes, doubles are allowed if it is ok with the person who first requested that specific mon. @Crow

Not having played/watched Sun-Moon at all, would there be any context you'd need to know from those going into it? Or would everything be alright to just jump right in to?

Everything you'll need to know will be in the OOC, so you'll be good to go after viewing it (once it's up). The islands are my own creations which will be detailed there, and I'll provide the lore and things for everyone to learn about in the RP. @Machinaes

Wonderful :) That makes seven of us that are interested (the 4 of you + myself & two other RP buddies)

Last edited:
Reactions: Machinaes
10 at most, but we may welcome more (we'll see).

How will battles be done? Through Showdown or will we be writing them out?

Status
Not open for further replies.