A New Era

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lina shook her head as if to 'snap out of it' as Lucius sighed. He stood up, and after a second, she did the same and brushed herself off. Lucius grabbed her once more, but this time it wasn't /her/, but her clothes, and then did something else unexpected.

He ripped off a piece of it "What are you!-" she was cut off when he grabbed her by the wrist and cut into her palm deeply. It burned her her, and caused her fingers to curl slightly. A fireball cut through the foliage behind her.

Dead? What in the world? Lina closed her fist tightly, cringing a little as she did, and switched her gaze between the bloody burnt rag, the football's scorched path, and of course, Lucius. The Prince of the Underworld.

"Congratulations.." She paused, looking around her with slight confusion painted on her soft face. She turned her back to Lucius and stared up at the sky for a moment. Those curious blue orbs faced him once again when she looked over her shoulder. "Does this mean I get cake?" It was actually sort of a cute sarcasm, as opposed to the aggressive manner she gave off earlier.

Reactions: Sluggy
'Oh shut your fucking mouth woman. I can see the lovey dovey look you have been giving to this Rumen clown. Should have known you have a thing for angle men.'

Rumen blushed, turning his head away from Bara. For real? So I wasn't the only one feeling awkward about this? He was a bit relieved, and stole a glance at the...girl next to him? With the way she appeared now, she didn't even look like a demon anymore. He was about to say something when the two on the ground suddenly stood up. He set her up to look injured before blasting away a good number of trees. While he was at first tempted to shout at the demon, he realized that the only reason he'd do something like that would be for a good thing, for Lina at least. He no longer knew whether to attack or just relax, though he wasn't entirely sure whether to relax in the presence of two demons.

He didn't want to completely let the male demon and Lina run free, if anything happened to the daughter of Gabriel in his presence he'd never forgive himself, but for now it seemed the demon cared for her, in his own demonic way. He didn't seem the type to answer questions anyway, so it'd be more effecive to just watch, no matter how much Rumen wanted to run his mouth instead. Rumen hopped and took a seat on the tree as opposed to standing on it, shaking it once again. He turned to face the demon sharing the branch and grinned widely, trying to cover for his slight nervousness.

"Well, uh, that was fun, huh?" he asked, not entirely sure what to do here. She had murdered someone, that was why he came here, and likely murdered many others, but for some reason he could look past that for her. He didn't really feel like fighting anymore, and on Earth their battle would just be a complete catastrophe for the humans, not that Lucius seemed to care, seeing as he launched a fireball at the trees. Fortunately, no forest fire seemed to be starting. Yet.

Reactions: Sluggy
Bara shot Lucius a fierce look as he spoke. Although without her piercing red eyes she looked more like an annoyed little girl. Green wasn't exactly an intimidating color. " A-As If!! " she shouted back, folding her arms and looking away. She desperately hoped Rumen hadn't heard that. It seemed as though he did because he suddenly looked away from her.

Why did he look away? Was he laughing? Scheming? Bars didn't understand. Emotions always puzzled her. She was drawn from her thoughts at the sight of Lucius tossing a fireball about. He was really going out of his way to stage the angels' death. Interesting..

Suddenly the branch she was sitting on shook once more. Bars turned to see Rumen giving her an awkward smile. She wasn't sure exactly what to make of it. Her mind told her to be on gaurd in case he suddenly attacked her but her body was relaxed as if she knew he wouldn't. Bars desperately wanted to ask him why he was smiling at her but for some reason she couldn't get the words out. Before she got a chance to he spoke.

' Fun? ' What was he talking about? What did he mean? Oh.. The fight. Bars let out a calming sigh when she realized that's what he meant. Fighting at least was something she could discuss without freaking out. "Y-Yeah" she responded, looking down at the tree. She still had trouble looking him in the eye. " Your pretty strong." Her natural soft voice peered through. " For an Angel.." She continued. It wasn't meant in a disrespectful manner it was just that most angels she fought went down shortly when she fought them.

"Does this mean I get cake?"

The cute manner in which she said this had caught Lucius's attention as well as caught him a little off guard. He raised an eyebrow then suddenly... a smirk appeared on his face, "Cute... real cute." He teased before looking at Rumen and Bara. He scoffed and roll his eyes it was clearly obvious they had taken a secret liking to each other. He then looked at Lina who he noticed was still looking at him with curious eyes, "What?... Look its not a big deal alright? You should just count yourself lucky I spared you," he then looked at Rumen and Bara, "And you two better keep you mouths shut about this. If anyone in heaven or hell find out about this we are all fucked."

Despite his lack of specificity, it seemed Bara understood what he'd said. He mentally sighed in relief. "You too," he responded, raising his right leg and putting that foot on the branch, "It's the first time I've taken a real hit in...uh, a long time," he had to pause for that moment, realizing he didn't actually remember when it was. Whenever he met demons on Earth he usually made short work of them, and promptly trying to redeem them of their ways as well.

Unlike Lucius's harsh personality, Rumen was a lot more straightforward. He wasn't particularly good at hiding things he felt. He heard Lucius scoff but paid it no mind. Now that he thought about it, he ignored the fact Lucius called him a clown, too. Normally he'd have challenged him to a duel immediately, but the information on Bara had intrigued him more.

That's weird.

"I'd, uh, like to fight with you again some time. If you don't mind," he said to Bara, immediately realizing how silly that sounded.

Why am I asking a demon for permission to fight her? I can do what I want...can't I?

"I mean, for fun. Cause it was fun. Y'know?" he added, trying to salvage himself. He opened his mouth again before Lucius spat another statement at the two in the tree.

"I absolutely refuse to lie, but I won't tell them about this unnecessarily," Rumen told the demon honestly, turning his head to look at him. As an angel he was pretty much always completely honest, and not telling seemed to benefit Lina anyway. It's not like he had a good reason to go around mouthing what had happened to everyone. Besides, it might save him from some...embarrassment of his own. As he thought that, he turned to face Bara again. Yeah, maybe it was best if nobody found out about this.

"I-" Lina stopped herself, figuring it was better that she not start another sort of quarrel. "It's nothing" she smiled. It was the first time she had really smiled since they had met. It lit up her once cold face with warmth and beauty.

"So what happens now? I mean.. What are we all supposed to do now?" She inquired, looking around as she directed the question sort of at everyone. Did they all just go back? If she went home, how long would it take for Lucifer to find out that his son had lied? Would her father have even noticed she was gone? If Bara and Rumen were both after each other, how would it look if they were both fine and back where they belonged? Would they have to stay on earth?

She pondered all of this to herself, still curious as to what the original plans and motivations of the entire party were in the first place. She herself was just on her merry way when she was kidnapped, everyone else here seemed to be on a mission.

Lucius' word rang through Baras mind. She neglected to think about what would happen if she didn't complete the mission father gave to her. It hadn't happened before and honestly Bara was terribly freightened of her father when he was angry. He was the one thing that could put real fear into her. She shivered a moment before nodding st Lucius. For once they were in agreement.

Bara turned her attention back to Rumen. He was giving her a compliment. She cracked a slight smile, it was nothing light her smirk mid-combat, it was much.. Softer. Bara immediately perked up when he talked about fighting her again. "Yeah!" She said with much more excitement than she was used to showing. Realizing this she looked back down once more, slightly embarrassed.

While looking down she became a little nervous, rubbing her forearm in a figedty manner. She quietly winced for a moment after accidentally stroking the burn that she got a few moments ago. She honestly forgot it was there. Then she remembered. ' Didn't I cut his arm aswell? ' she looked up and sure enough she saw the finger sized tears in his arm. She wanted to ask if it still hurt but more importantly why did she care?

Bars turned her attention to Lina, she made a good point. Going home at this point seemed like it wasn't an option. Not if she wanted father to rip her head off st least. Where would they go?

Lucius let out a groan at Rumen's remark then muttered, "Goody two shoes," he sighed then looked at Lina who was looking up at him cutely.

Why the hell does she keep looking at me like that!?!

Still of course he didn't say it aloud instead he simply decided to answer everyone's question... whats next. He ran a hand through his hair clearly trying to think up an idea. The sun shined on his face, making his brown eyes lighter. Finally after a few moments of thinking he said, "Ok... So as far as I am concerned we all went against what we were suppose to do. I was suppose to kill Gabriel's daughter... Which by the way woman I keep calling you that cause I dunno your damn name," he said then looked at Bara, "And you were suppose to kill Rumen which obviously doesn't seem to be happening and as for you," he said looking at Rumen, "I actually dunno why the fuck you came to hell in the first place... But I assume you were after me cause you said half breed," he said, it was obvious he hated that word. That one word he clearly despised. As a child he was mocked with that word and of course he would end up proving what exactly this 'half breed' can do. He sighed then added, "Speaking of which do you mind telling me why?"

Rumen blushed at Bara's excitement to his ill-thought suggestion. "Oh! Uh, great!" he stammered, his nervousness shining through. He noticed her touching the burn he'd inflicted, before remembering a sting in his arm. Following her eyes, he looked down at the tears she'd made in his arm.

Oh, right. How did I forget that.

He tore off part of the bottom from his blue tank top as a makeshift wrap and covered his wounds. "Hey, uh, want me to take care of that?" he asked Bara, motioning to the burn. Why was he taking care of a demon, and to a wound he'd inflicted himself? He cursed his own stupidity, yet didn't really regret it. Suddenly, Lucius was shouting again.

"I, uh, actually don't remember saying that," Rumen said, scratching his head. "But I came here to stop you two because you were murdering people. That's what my father said, at least."
Suddenly the Angel realized something. "Oh! I did shout 'Halt Demons!' though. I think you mighta misheard me there," he laughed. That was an interesting misunderstanding. Perhaps this demon wasn't always so agitated, and he'd just accidentally done so at his introduction. Though he was performing a kidnapping, more or less, so perhaps he really was always pissed.

He thought about what he should do now. Powerful demons getting away wouldn't really be a big deal, especially in a 2-on-1. But getting away with just a light bruise on his chest and some nail marks on his arm? That'd show he didn't fight that long or hard. And the reason for that...he turned back to face Bara for a second, before looking back to Lucius for a response.

So what were they going to do? The question still rang in her head. Lucius pretty much just repeated her point in a different way. They were going to have to figure something out, that was for sure. At least it gave her something to think about and keep her distracted.

She turned and looked at Lucius, her smile fading slowly. Her tone was soft, but with a tint of irritation. "Well had you asked, you may know." She replied. "It's Lina. My name is Lina." She began to pace as she thought of what they could do, turning her back to Lucius. "Let's see.." She mumbled to herself. They couldn't stay here..

Or could they?..

Bara rudely stuck her tongue at Lucius. He was right but it was too late for second thoughts. Right? She looked back to see a Rumen blushing. Right. She was sure now. This wasn't someone she wanted to kill now. Bars made a puzzled face as he tore a piece of his shirt. He was offering to take care of her arm.

This struck her as weird? Why was he worried about this little burn? It hurt but she was sure his arm hurt more. So why? Hesitantly Bara moved a little closer and stuck out her arm.

Lucius scoffed and rolled his eyes at Bara. He did nothing more and simply ignored her child-like response. He looked back at Rumen and flashed a smirk, "Hm. Well I suppose that was my fault for misunderstanding then."

"Well had you asked, you may know." He suddenly heard Lina say in an irritated tone, "It's Lina. My name is Lina."

Lucius crossed his arms, "Well excuse me," he said sarcastically, "I was a little too busy trying to just finish my job. Didn't occur to me to ask names."

Just then Lucifer's voice boomed again, 'Lucius!'

Lucius groaned and asked, "What is it old man?"

'Have you taken care of Gabriel's daughter?'

Lucius looked over at Lina, put his finger up to his lips, indicating her to keep her mouth shut. Then he said "Yes I have. Her body turned into nothing more than a pile of ash."

'Good to hear! So I take it you and Bara will be heading back?'

This time Lucius looked at Bara and thought for a moment. After a few seconds he said, "Actually... I think we may stay on Earth for a little while."

'Why?'

With quick thinking he said, "Just wanting to release some havoc out here... let out some steam."

There was a pause, 'Very well then I'll leave you two to it.'

As Bara stuck out her arm, Rumen wrapped it up with the piece of cloth he'd torn off.
"That should do it," he said, more or less satisfied with his work. He ended up repeating the question that had already been posed to them.
"So...what's next?" he asked Bara. He couldn't go back like this, not until he'd either defeated her, redeemed her, or lost to her. He figured the two demons were in a similar position judging by how they acted. Lina should've been more or less free to go, though. She appeared to have been kidnapped, so returning would be a piece of cake. It was a wonder she hadn't just taken off yet. Maybe Lucius was stopping her. But he didn't seem to be keeping her around now. The Angel was completely clueless as to what to do now.

Lina may have been stubborn at times, but she wasn't stupid. Before Lucius even made the gesture of silence, Lina knew that she was going to just that. Keep her mouth shut. Did he really trust and believe the words of his son? Perhaps he wasn't as smart as she first believed the ruler of the Underworld to be.

She stopped pacing when he let out a lie that matched the idea brewing in her head. She still wasn't sure how they were going to pull it off, though. First thing was first, she supposed. They were going to have to change forms, though Bara had already gotten a head start on that.

Let's see, she thought. Humans probably wouldn't be used to seeing pure white hair on someone who looked so young, she'd have to change that. The whole lighting up a room when you walk in was a literal thing for angels, that'd have to change. She guessed that everything else was alright.

Got it. She closed her eyes for a moment and when she opened them, they were a more normal shade of blue, her long, snowy hair now a very pale blonde, and she was now clad in a black knee-length dress with matching black flats. She may change something later, but for now that should be fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.