A New Era

Status
Not open for further replies.
' You got guts! I like it! '
The Angels words reached Baras ears. She didn't take it as a compliment though, more like an insult as to how weak her first hit was. It wasn't as though she expected him to be truly hurt or crippled right now, but at least wary. She decided to shrug off the comment and attempt to return to her calm state. She brushed her long Silver hair passed her face, her eyes were a calming feint red.

' I can relax.. ' she said in her head. ' As long as I'm not thinking of Lucius.. '. Her gaze was focused on the Angel once more. Simply nodding as Rumen asked if she was ready to continue. Bara noticed him clench his fist. Maybe he was ready to take this seriously? So she would too. After a short conversation with herself she decided to go on the offensive. ' Nothing too flashy. Let's just see how he moves. ' she said in her head.

Bara stretched her palm out once more. Aiming at Rumen. A dark purple aura seemed to form in her hand, no bigger than a ball. It seemed totally un-menacing but Bars knew otherwise. The aura shot off like a speeding bullet in the direction of Rumen. Instead of hitting him it hit the grounding front of him, but this is what Bara was aiming for. The impact caused a shockwave in all directions leaving a singed crater and filled the air with ash and thick smoke. Suddenly Bara seemingly disappeared from the spot she was standing. She reappeared in the thick cloud of smoke right above Rumen. She cocked her arm back and straightened her right hand as if it were a knife. With an amazing speed her arm shot towards Rumens shoulder, aiming to draw blood.

The demon girl looked relaxed for once. She'd been all tensed up with that other demon here. Perhaps they didn't get along? Deciding it didn't matter, Rumen payed full attention to his opponent as she nodded to him. He wasn't going to let up just because she was a girl. Rather, he felt especially compelled to free her from sin. He raised his clenched fists, getting into a proper fighting position. No mindless dashing anymore, they were going for real now.
Her hand glowed with a color nearly the opposite of his. A dark aura fired towards him. Rumen prepared to dodge, but then it just crashed into the ground before him, throwing up a makeshift smokescreen.

Interesting.

The Angel personally wasn't a fan of tricks like this, but had enough experience to recognize how to deal with them. "Raah!" With a shout, he expelled a barely visible golden aura, sending the dust flying off in every other direction. He searched for his opponent, noticing her a split second before impact. Apparently it hadn't been enough to so much as budge her, though he didn't expect it to anyway. He shifted his body an inch and stepped inwards with his left leg, letting the strike blow right next to him. Though he wasn't hit, he could feel the intensity of the blow, the wind from the strike moving harshly against him. He hopped upwards and began raising his forearm, planning to drive his left fist into her solar plexus.

Last edited:
Bara was caught off guard when the smoke cleared. It wasn't the reaction she expected. What's worse is she missed and her arm was moving with too much momentum to allow her to dodge the incoming punch. Another split second conversation ensued in her head. ' Elbow block! ' seemed like a good enough idea. It wasn't like she had many options.

Baras arm began to move in preparation of stalling Rumens punch. Suddenly her movement stopped mid way. She thought about what would happen if she blocked. The impact would most likely send her to the air. Rumen had wings. It wasn't like she couldn't fight in the air. She preferred to fight on the ground.

Bara hesitantly to the hit to her stomach. It was painful but she had felt much much worse. As she took the hit she smirked. It would've probably sent her flying. Instead she quickly grabbed ahold of Rumens arm with her left. Sinking her nails into his flesh like a beasts claws. She had a hold on him now. By now she was able to move her right again. Once again she thrusted it at his shoulder hoping to draw even more blood. All while looking directly into his eyes, hers glowing bright.

He felt his fist connect with her. Got her, now I just gotta- His train of thought was interrupted as he felt something sharp pierce his skin. The hell? She scratched me? No, it's more like stabbing. She has claws? ...It hurts!
"Geh," he grunted as he withstood the pain. Her hand was coming at him once more. Why does she keep aiming for my shoulder? A little more centered and upward and she could try for the head. I mean, I guess she's kinda short. He ceased his train of thought to deal with the present threat. He dashed straight forward, barreling into her to get in close and make her strike miss. His shoulder struck her and he stepped in with his right leg, positioning it behind her legs. With a push, he put her onto the ground, his arm following her due to the fact she'd dug into him. He was to her left, crouching down on his left knee.

Though she was on the ground, it was basically just due to a trip and hadn't done any real damage. After all, the only blows he struck were the one punch and a clumsy tackle out of desperation. He'd need to do that damage now. He raised his right fist high, the golden glow emanating from it once again. This time he didn't yell anything and simply brought it down, aiming for her face.

Lucius simply scoffed at their little fight and rolled his eyes, "Hmph... Whatever." He said annoyed. He then turned his attention to Lina and seen how she took on the guards and smirked smirked, "I'm impressed. You should be happy, no one impresses me that often. Of course don't expect that just because you are Gabriel's daughter that that will do anything to me-"

Just then a servant came in, "Lord Luc-" his eyes widened, "What the heck....".

Lucius shot a glare, "Get the hell out of here... This is my problem to deal with."

"Do you need back up my lord?"

"NO!"

The servant rolled his eyes and mumbled, "Stupid half bree-"

He didn't even get a chance to finish that sentence for Lucius had thrown a fire blast at the servant, turning him into nothing bit ash.

Lucius growls, "Dumb ass..." he sighed and looked back at Lina, "Now where were we?"

Reactions: Zella
"Thanks, I'm flattered, and I'm sure." She returned sarcastically. "I'm impressed with you as well. You'd think between your temper and your pride, your head would explode or something." She continued to adjust herself, nails, hair, clothes, etc. Only looking up when the servant barged in.

She had just stood up to stretch, locking her fingers together and reaching her arms high above her head, when Lucius blasted the servant with flames. She paused dead in her tracks for a moment, mid stretch, with a look of not horror, but intrigue.

"Hmm, someone else insult the man, I want to what else he can do, and if it could possibly get hotter in here." She mumbled to herself. What else was he capable of? She found herself becoming more and more interested in him, and wasn't fully certain as to why.

Then something caught her attention, what had set him off. "Half breed, I knew something was different about you." She stated, intrigued as she finished her stretch. She tilted her head at him and approached him. "Can't remember, you were saying words, probably involving yourself. So what's the other half?" She inquired, examining him from about a foot away. She hadn't really paid attention before, but he was much bigger than her, and actually pretty muscular. She was almost tempted to touch him, quickly coming back to reality and realizing she was probably getting herself into more trouble she was already in.

I'm a message for my father from his, he wouldn't kill me for his father's sake, right? She thought. She didn't want to push it, so she turned her attention back to Rumen and Bara.

• Love
Reactions: Bryce
" Huh? " Suddenly Bara was falling. The way Rumen reacted to situations was so.. Weird. A tackle? Bara hit the floor. It didn't really hurt it wad just a little puzzling. She found herself looking up at the sky for a moment, lost in thought, her fingers still dug into Rumens arm, his warm blood seeping down her hand. She was much more calm than she should be.

Her view of the sky was cut off by a bright light. She let out a childish chuckle. She started to remember some mortal she was slicing up. The man kept talking about seeing some bright light as he bled out. It made her laugh a little.

Bara snapped out of it as she remembered what was happening. His fist was a few inches from crashing into her fist. Bars whipped her neck to the side, so fast it almost snapped. Actually if gave her a painful whiplash. She didn't really have time to feel it though. If Rumens fist had connected it would've hurt way more.

Bars didn't like this awkward positioning either. She quickly slipped her fingers from Rumens dripping wound and darted backwards with amazing speed, again looking like she teleported. After she got a little space she began talking to herself again .

' That was too close. Stop fooling around!' Bara nodded as if agreeing to herself. ' I'll take it up a slight notch'. Her eyes glanced down at her left hand. It was still dripping with Rumens blood. She brought it to her lips, licking her fingers. Rumens blood tasted... Disgusting. Of course because he was an angel. Oddly enough she kind of liked it.

The purple aura from earlier began to surround Baras body. First it flowed calmly like a sort of wind. Then suddenly more sporadically like... Lightning? Bara smirked confidently as she continued licking her fingers. " Whenever your ready. " she spoke towards Rumen

Rumen's fist crashed into the ground, leaving a small crater. She dodged that while on the ground. Not bad. He winced in pain as she withdrew her nails from his arm. Suddenly, the demon was far away from him again. Rumen stood up from his crouching position, standing on both feet as the demon across from him licked his blood of her fingers. He raised an eyebrow as she did so. He knew a demon wouldn't mind tasting blood, but the blood of an angel? It couldn't have been pleasant for her.

Of course, he wasn't the kind of person to get hung up over something like that. The opponent before him had seemingly decided to take him more seriously. A demonic aura surrounded her, crackling as if it were electricity overflowing from her body.

"Whenever you're ready," she said.

Rumen smiled. It had been awhile since any opponent had made him try. "Alright, here I go!" he shouted, a constant, sun-like aura emanating from his body as his wings reappeared on his back. It was like staring into the sun itself. He stuck his left hand out and opened it. His aura seemed to grow for a second before a barrage of orange-yellow spheres flew towards Bara. Once he'd launched his attack, he dashed off, aided by his wings, and flew behind Bara, hoping she'd be occupied deflecting his barrage of attacks. He retracted his wings once he'd made it behind her and cocked his right fist.

Grey clouds gathered above. It was as if her lightning bended the weather itself. Bara squinted. Rumens light was irritably bright, almost blinding, she could feel the heat from where she was standing. A barrage of equally bright spheres were sent her way. " Hmph " she mumbled. Bara waited until the spheres were exactly mid distance between her and Rumen. Slowly she lifted her finger.

Suddenly a rediculously large bolt of lightning crashed into the ground between them, causing a size able explosion and obliterating the incoming spheres. The attack left a large, sizzling crater in the earth. A huge cloud of smoke and ash rose from it. Like a repeat from earlier she would use the smoke to get close to him, of course she meant to deal damage this time. It seemed as though Rumen had the same idea because before she had a chance to move she felt his incredibly warm arua behind her.

Bara spun around, swiping her hand towards him. The movement send a shockwave through the air, knocking him backwards. She didn't stop there. As a follow up she mimicked him sending a barrage of lightning filled arua his way. Any one of them that hit would pierce flesh.

Rumen was a bit surprised she dealt with them all so easily. He expected for his attack to buy him a little more time. She blew him back with a shockwave, but he planted his feet into the ground, making a new trail in the ground as he was forced backwards. Was it some sort of attack? Or just the wind create by swinging her hand? Either way, it wasn't enough to stop him.

He was about to dash forward when a familiar scene befell him. She unleashed a barrage of her own aura towards him this time. "You copycat!" he shouted, dashing forward, focusing his power into his right hand. He kicked off the ground, flying like a torpedo towards Bara. Thrusting his right hand forward, Rumen parried the attack that he was about to collide into, knocking it just off to the side. The rest of the barrage flew past him, having been aimed at his starting position. He brought in his right leg as he closed in on the demon, thrusting it out at her stomach once he was in range.

Bara watched patiently as Rumen fought back. He charged through her attack whilst calling her.. A copycat? Bara couldn't help but giggle a little. It was as if they weren't even fighting . Rumen knocked her attack aside and was driving his leg towards her. She wasn't phased though. When her lightning aura enveloped her like this, she was more than capable.

Bara sidestepped so Rumen was just a little ways off. It was a slight movement but it looked as if she was moving at another speed. She grabbed ahold of his leg just as he was passing by. The momentum he had pushed her a good distance back, almost into the huge crater she made earlier. She had to dig her fingers into his leg just to make sure she didn't lose her grip. In one swift movement she lifted her palm and drove it down into his chest sending him crashing into the ground. If the impact wasn't enough to damage him the lightning enveloping her body would.

"Gah!" he cried as his body crashed into the ground. Lightning still crackled around his chest from the impact. That...hurt. He rolled back, putting a bit of distance between the two combatants again, and stood up to his feet. "Not bad," he said, a somewhat pained smile on his face as he rubbed his chest.

He suddenly remembered he was supposed to actually be fighting. It had felt like a spar, or friendly contest for some reason. Did she feel the same way? He shook his head. It didn't matter. He was having fun now, and that was what mattered. It may have been shameful for an angel to act in such a way, but for now Rumen perished such thoughts. He clenched and raised his left fist, and set it ablaze. He planted his feet firmly, the flames around his fist growing. With a loud shout, he stepped forward with his left foot, his left fist following, and the flames surrounding his fist took the form of a dragon, barreling straight towards Bara.

"Hmm, someone else insult the man, I want to what else he can do, and if it could possibly get hotter in here."

Lucius shot a glare at Lina, attempting to ignore the fact that he felt intrigued by her... Why was that? Eh, whatever it didn't matter. What mattered was he had to fulfill his duty. He crossed his arms and scoffed, "Well if you wanna see what I can do then keep that shit up." He growled, "And my other half is none of your damn business!" He uncrossed his arms. He was fit and muscular however the muscles were not too extreme, they were the perfect amount.

Just then a loud booming voice. All four of them were able to hear it. It was Lucifer himself, 'Ok this is getting ridiculous! Lucius! Take care of Gabriel's daughter on Earth. And as for you Bara take your little sparring match in Earth as well!'

Lucius paused for a moment listening to his father. With groan he asked, "Earth... Really..."

'Lucius!"

He scoffed and rolled his eyes, "Oh put a sock in it old man I was going anyways. Don't get your panties in a bunch," he looked at Bara and yelled, "You heard the man!" He grabbed Lina and teleported them to Earth... In a forest.

Lina returned the growl immediately after teleporting, yanking her arm away with more force than the first. She glared at him, straight through his eyes with her own that slowly grew a darker blue as she spoke. "Grab me, /touch/ me again.." She paused for a moment, then exhaled hard.

Not knowing what else to do, she walked off to where trees could be seen, softly extended her wings, and with a leap to start, flew to one of the high branches, retracting then one reached. One of her wings, though not obviously, lagged a little behind the other one, and didn't sit quite right. It was like it was injured.

What did he mean, 'take care of Gabriel's daughter'? She had originally figured that this was just a kidnap scenario, what more was there to it? She avoided high circle business at all costs, even if that meant avoiding her father, there was no telling how soon or how late he would notice. It bothered her that her father and her only seemed to have a relationship when he needed her for something. Was that when he would notice? When he needed her for another mission, or another meeting, and after searching all of heaven couldn't find her?

Lina hung her head low, her snowy locks pouring over her shoulders and made a soft veil over her face. Her small feet dangled below her. Before Lucius had time to get to her, which she knew would happen sooner or later, she had managed to have everything go through her head at once, and for the first time, she really got angry. So much she never talked about, so many things she had felt in the past, and was feeling now, finally caught up with her. It just took a situation like this to really make her think.

What was she really for? What did she really care about? For that matter, who really cared for her? Why is it the one time she actually talks to a stranger, he kidnaps her and literally drags her through hell? And in that case, why in the world was she so intrigued by him? He stole her, and grabbed her, and insulted her. Why was she interested in him in /any/ way shape or form?

• Love
' Not bad ' he said.

She didn't know why, but him saying that made her blush. A soft pink shade ran through her cheeks. She did her best to hide it of course. Was it because someone was acknowledging her? Or something else? It didn't matter. She was enjoying herself. She hadn't in..

Bara was getting eager. "L-Lets g-" suddenly a dragon was charging her. She widened the lightning around her body, making a sort of barrier. The dragon passed through no problem. Or so she thought. The heat that radisted from the dragon was too much. It singed her robe, burning pieces off and left a small burn on her right forearm. It really stung.

Before she had a chance to register the pain her head began to ring. lucifer was always so loud, much like his son. She hated when they yelled. Before she could fire back at Lucius he disappeared with the girl. She didn't want her fight interrupted but it couldn't be helped. She looked towards Rumen, couldn't look him the eye though, and she didn't know why. She gave him a nod as to say " come on let's go ".

In a flash of lightning Bara dissappered. Reappearing in the forest not to far from Lucius. She was sitting on a tree branch, kicking her legs back and forth, looking sort of cute. Lucius and the girl were towards her back. She spoke to him without turning around " What are you gonna do with her?" She mumbled in a curious tone.

It was an odd feeling. Rumen's attack worked, so why did he feel a little bad about it? Before he could put much more thought into it, Lucifer's voice rang out. He wasn't fond of following his orders, but in the Underworld he didn't have much of a choice. He followed suit and vanished as well, reappearing in the forest the four had moved to.

He reappeared on the same tree branch as Bara, the branch creaking a bit under the sudden added weight. Looking around to regain his bearings, he found Bara first. She looked kinda cute now that they weren't beating the crap out of each other and launching lightning and fire around. He shook his head, trying to stop thinking about it. He needed something to distract him from that.

'What are you gonna do with her?' he heard her ask.

Rumen's head perked up. That was a pretty good question. He'd been so busy with the fight he forgot about the other demon taking Gabriel's daughter. Had Gabriel just not noticed, or did he not care? Perhaps the search party simply didn't consider the Underworld. Now that they were on Earth, though, it wouldn't take long for them to be found here if there was a search party. He figured he might as well get his questions answered before they found her, likely taking her away and possibly taking these two demons into custody. "Actually, I'd like that question answered too," he declared, turning to look at the other two. "Why're you taking Gabriel's daughter?"

Lucius rolled his eyes at Lina, "You know woman if you are trying to scare me you are failing and-- Get out of that fucking tree!" He growled, kicking the tree down. As it tumbled down he had noticed Lina trying to escape, "Oh no you don't," he teleported in front of her and pinned her down to the ground with him on top of her. Though this may look wrong he didn't care. He continued to scowl... his eyes now a chocolate brown color. This only happens when he sets foot on Earth.

He shot a glare at Rumen and Bara, "You two mind your own fucking business!" Still having her pinned he was prepared to push his hand right through her stomach when the look in her eyes stopped him... it intrigued him and his expression softened, but only momentarily and he groaned, "Oh for fucks sake... You're a pest that owes me BIG time for this." This is the first time the Prince of the Underworld has ever showed mercy... he didn't know what it was about her. He still had a firm grip, making sure she wasn't going anywhere.

• Love
Reactions: 1 person
Bara decided to change into her earthly attire. She stood out too much with her natural glowing red eyes and long hooded robe. With a snap oh her fingers she was wearing a pair of blue shorts and a cropped white top. Her long silver hair was now in a slightly shorter ponytail and she had on blue sneakers with white knee high socks. You wouldn't even be able to tell she was the daughter of a terrifying demon. But that was kind of the point. It wouldn't be smart to have a mob of demon hating mortals on her case later on.

For a finishing touch she closed her eyes, deciding on an eye color. Green... Bara felt the branch she was on began to tremble, she didn't remembering gaining any weight, so why?... She opened her temporarily deep green eyes to find herself staring directly at at Rumen. " W-Wha!" She yelled almost falling off of the branch. She felt like she was blushing again and didn't know how to deal with it. She scooched over, making some space between them. What was happening? Why was she so nervous? Should she attack? Barspa began having a self conversation

Suddenly she was distracted when a tree fell. She turned to see Lucius on good of Lina In an incredibly awkward position. She couldn't help but giggle. " What a softie. Didn't know you were a sucker for ladies.. Especially Angels" she said with a smirk on her face.

• Love
As the tree fell towards the ground, Lina curled herself up, rolling when she hit the ground, but then there was something she didn't expect. Lucius, in an instant, was on top of her, and had her pinned down with his hands.

Her light blues were pinned shut themselves for a few moments after impact, but shortly opened, a small tear escaping one and running down her soft cheek. After the demon saw her face, he seemed to be, was he showing mercy? But why?

The next thing she knew, she felt her cheeks getting warmer and warmer. She had a gentle, innocent look on her face as she stared up into the man's eyes, her eyes shining in the sunlight that peeked through the trees, her soft lips partly agape. And on her porcelain cheeks grew a delicate rose colour.

She was too focused, and at the same time too lost to try and get out from under him, or make a smart comment. There was a light fluttering in her chest that her heart was trying to beat out of. Being on top of her, he would be able to notice her muscles tense a bit, but not like she was going to try something, but like she was scared, or nervous. All she could do was just, stare.

• Love
Lucius sighed as he felt her tense up and blush. He was about to make a remark and question why she was blushing until Bara said:

'What a softie. Didn't know you were a sucker for ladies.. Especially Angels.'

It seemed just then he realized just how bad the position they were in looked. He cleared his throat and stood up, crossing his arms, "Oh shut your fucking mouth woman. I can see the lovey dovey look you have been giving to this Rumen clown. Should have known you have a thing for angle men." He shot back and rolled his eyes.

He then looked at Lina, who stood up and walked over to her, "And as for you," he took a step towards her and unexpectedly ripped a piece of her clothing, not a big piece of course. He then grabbed her hand, making the palm face him and mad a cut into her palm. He tilted her hand, making the blood spill on the clothing and burned it a little bit for affect. He then shot a huge fireball at the trees behind her, that line of trees were completely destroyed. He looked down at her, "Congratulations. You're dead."

Reactions: Sluggy
Status
Not open for further replies.