A las Barricadas!

Discussion in 'THREAD ARCHIVES' started by Blind Hemingway, Jul 9, 2010.

1. Jennifer

Itzlie promises me that she will get in contact with my family and my heart flutters with appreciation. I don't think she knows how much that truly means to me. That I may be able to hear my mama and papa's voice again. That I can speak with my siblings again. That I can arise from the dead I was in for two years. It felt like mere moments since the abduction and the awakening. I just feared I was going to regain memories. That is the one thing I fear the most.

I glance back at her and give her a gracious smile. I mouth 'thank you' to her before I turn back to the man. Goodness. He truly looks worse for wear. My headache passed much quicker than this when I began to remember, but then again, I was put under a lot of physical and mental pressure, and I doubt my body was processing certain pains properly. I just hope he remembers soon. I hate seeing him tied up like this. My eyes flicker over to the other man for one brief moment and I grimace. He...he doesn't look quite right. Yet sympathy begins to bubble up within me. These are all victims. Made into monsters.

Bile begins building up in my throat and I want to panic. I force myself to breathe at an even rate and I smile pleasantly at him as he agrees to take medication. "Perfect. You are going to need your strength." I tell him gently and my brow raises at his sarcasm. I suppose I shouldn't be surprised. It has just been two proper years since I've heard this level of back-sass. It reminds me a lot of my older brother and my heart quivers in my chest. "You know some people feel comfortable like that." I tell him with a small smirk and I shake my head "But I understand. You aren't scared I am sure but then again...you are not too well. I promise it won't be like this for too long my friend." I stare at him tiredly. I still can't register who he is in my head. He should be familiar, and yet...he is not. I hate that everything is a blur. I want to know but at the same time, I truly don't. I want this to be just a nightmare. "It's going to be alright. I promise."

2. Hmmm....alright. We have to put a stop-order on any new rps though till we have a open-spot among the current...3/4 rps. (My harem rp, and mother rp. Your love on another planet rp. And 1 more rp whenever you come up with one, or wish to start one of the ideas we put down on the rp-list)

3. Sorry for the bombshell, but I think she losses this round also...

Elf wins~

You want to make the intro post?

4. XD I do that when I write :P
    anyway off to eat :3

5. Blair

She glanced up at Jason and bit her lip “What’s the look for kid?” She swallowed nervously, surprised she didn’t do anything rash. She felt oddly calm, despite knowing that man was not all he seemed to be.

Belle

She sighed and followed after him “She’s a tough kid. She’s gotten into a few fights where I’m surprised she’s still even on her two feet...” she did remind herself that’s why she tracked her, just in case she was bleeding in an alleyway “But I suppose your right. When she fights it’s...generally rough and tumble, get as many hits as you can and hope you crawl out of there. It’s...brutal.” She grimaced. She did remember finding her in one of those fights. She knew she never wanted to face Gwen in a state of mind like that.

6. XD have an idea for another harem rp?

7. Anya glance at him and smile.

8. “Right..”

9. Mmmm....I think today will be a game day.

10. Carrie

I stay still as I hear sounds coming towards me. My body is sore as I attempt to shuffle out of where he had put me, between the dumpster and the alleyway wall. I can barely breathe, mouth sore and nose nearly pressed against the bricks. “Mm...mm...” I breathe out painfully, my body flaring in so much agony that I am surprised that I am processing anything around me. My hands are still kept behind my back and I try to scrape off the bonds with my chipped nails. It doesn’t work too well and I try to kick at the dumpster, seeing if I could push it far enough where I can squirm out. No...no no no. I am going to suffocate back here, stench of trash and wet brick the last thing my body will ever be able to process. I try to say the word help over and over, but it’s muffled. I think the blood is staining into the cloth at this point, choking me further with the foul taste of iron.

“Whose there?” I hear, my heart nearly stopping in my chest. It’s not him, I can tell that for sure, but I don’t know if it’s someone who could help me. I don’t trust anyone at this point, and expiring back here doesn’t sound too bad. However, another moan escapes me and I finally feel panic settle in. I kick at the dumpster helplessly, groaning as loud as I can in hopes of being heard. I feel pressure being relieved...whoever this is is pulling the damn contraption away. “Oh Christ.” I hear the voice say and I close my eyes as I feel hands on me. I try to scream out but again, it’s muffled. I hear gentle words being spoken, but I can’t decipher them. Slowly I can feel myself being freed, and air can finally get in through my mouth again. “H-hey...oh God you don’t look good. Who did this?” The voice asks and I open my eyes to see a man before me. I feel embarrassment creep up into my cheeks. I must look so horrid in front of this well kept man. I don’t respond, but moan out and feel my head slump over. Darkness starts to take over and...

Miss? Miss?” A loud voice breaks through my thoughts and I jolt up in my bed. Shit. I must have gotten lost in a daydream. I notice the doctors cleaning up after pulling the IV from me. They had already informed me that I should feel pain still, but that the ribs were set properly to heal. And that, surprisingly enough, it seemed my body was at a slightly accelerated rate of recovery. I was never an actual healer, just a wound swaper, but apparently my body was handling this at a quickened pace. That’s good. What I needed.

“Hmm? Sorry, what is it?” I ask as I can feel myself return to normal, the childishness and vulnerability vanishing.

“You are free to go once you fill out some papers...we have a prescription for some medication to help ease the pain...and we also recommend some physical therapy if so inclined.”

“I’ll be fine.” I grumble nevertheless. My mind continues to wander back to where I had left it as they take me out to fill out what was needed. Again I was questioned about Quinn, but I waved it off the way I did when Scott was here with me. They are just forgetful, nothing to worry about. However my brain grows tired as they walk me through what I can do to help with my injury. Don’t do any dangerous activity, so forth and so on. The time flies by, slower than molasses. But as soon as I am done, I know one thing. I get to go home. The only thing was, I had to go alone. Fear fills me. I decide to do the one thing that would set me at ease during the walk back. I punch Quinn’s number into the pad of my phone and wait by the door, heart pounding as the hum of the wait pesters my ear.

11. Ruby was glad Alex was asking all the questions because it allowed her to sit back and listen to the information. As the meeting leader explained about the group that they were figuring had stolen the mech part.

The Sharks huh? Well shoot, I ain't ever heard of no Sharks. And that meetin' leader thinks they're tryin' some political coup huh? Well it must serious because my good mood with all these gents jes got shot down like a star cruiser in military space. There must be somethin' here that I'm missin'.

"So ya'll are sendin' us downtown to fight off some sort of cult? Well, I reckon I won't be drinking none of their punch!" Ruby laughed loudly trying to lighten the mood a bit, looking like it was to no avail.

Her gaze shifted back to Alex as he asked if she were ready and she nodded, a grin on her face. "I've been antsier then a jackrabbit on a griddle to get goin' so let's get goin'!" Ruby smiled as she stood up, swinging Getrude's strap around her onto her back. The mousy man leading the meeting nodded and smiled shyly, leading the way back out of the conference room as the rest of the men went into a quiet buzz of conversation amongst one another. Ruby shot a glance back to Alex, "Ready sug' I know I sure am. And if this all goes to plan, well shoot, it'll be over faster then a knife fight in a phone booth!"

The way down to the ship was rather inconvenient as Gertrude kept smacking a few office workers along the narrow walkways. But once they were into the garage things widened out and Ruby fell back to walk next to Alex. "Looks like we'll be havin' a good ol' time downtown ya hear?" She nudged the man in the side with her elbow playfully.

12. "H-hey! There's no need to be that rude to the man...you should apologize to him." Tessa sighed, a little bit exasperated from everything before continuing.
    "Well, it's good to know you're here then, Pete! I'm supposed to be meeting with someone from your family about that messed up drug convoy a while back. I trust you've brought a sufficient amount of funds for me to share my knowledge?"

The entire room fell silent.
    Tessa nudged Garnet's side with her elbow. "...Why is everyone being creepy all of a sudden?"

13. <object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/VjaDO4ErLSM&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/VjaDO4ErLSM&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

"Yeah, yeah...There be no hatin' on me." Pete said. He looked offended that Tessa had the nerves to make him out to be a fool in front of all his buddies.

However, both Tessa and Garnet had bigger things to worry about.

"It's because these fuckers want to dance." Garnet then grinned as she sheathed Hunter and pulled out both of her Government .45 pistols. "Who wants to dance first?" She then taunted.

Garnet was the sort that loved to pick a fight with punks. Whether it was an instinct or just her need for a cheap thrill, this turn of events proved to be just what she needed. Just then one of the more muscular members of the gangs came running up towards Garnet and Tessa with a long pool pole! Garnet charged right at him, causing Tessa to fall flat on her butt. "Goddamn spies!" The man growled. Garnet then just grinned as she crashed right into his stomach, making the foe fall back on to a table!

"Who else?" She taunted.

Just then more of the gangsters came charging at them!

14. [size=-2]
    As Aramis slinked into town, he heard the sounds of a scuffle nearby. Only he would have such luck - maybe they were fighting over food? It was a decent chance and very enticing. Cinder hissed something about him being an idiot unless he was well fed, which he couldn't really argue with. He was certain there was meant to be a warning, a discouragement from making his way toward the sound, but if so he did not pay it any heed. Following by ear, he came upon what seemed to be the source of the sounds. There was no food, he noted instantly. It really probably wasn't worth sticking around, but he was curious now.

It was a group of girls and some weedy looking men trying to be tough. Cinder insisted he help the girls, chivalry or something along those lines, she kept saying in a seething tone. He wasn't overly bothered, and Ember was keeping mostly silently, occasionally adding the off comment that Aramis couldn't decipher. He watched as the women rallied to put up a fight, his main question right now....

Which side would have food for him if he helped? Probably not the men, they looked underfed themselves. Aramis edged closer to the women.
    [/size]​

15. Alex furrowed his brow, glancing at the small car that would bring them to the tavern.

"A good time... let's hope your optimism is wisely felt," he responded, sliding into the backseat. Alex and Ruby nestled comfortably into the seats which were plush and roomy thanks to the wealth of Sion. The driver turned to them and looked them over.

"You guys are on the task?" he asked, his eyes narrowing suspiciously. His eyes passed over Ruby's endowments and her large gun, and then gave Alex's somewhat scrawny frame and grey suit a cursory glance.

"Um, yeah?" shot back Alex. What exactly was the man trying to say?

"Don't make snide judgments just because she's a lady, I'm sure she'll prove to be much more competent than a chauffeur."

The driver opened his mouth and then closed it, shock straining his features, his lip twitching in muffled indignance. Alex stared at him, challenging to correct him and say that he too was included in his hasty judgment. But the driver said nothing and turned around, starting the car.

Alex turned to Ruby.

"Alright, so... I guess we don't know what to expect. But we should have some kind of plan. I assume that once we get there, they'll want us to do some kind of investigation on members of the Sharks that are already there. You already well equipped, as am I..." he paused, and then patted his waist line with a smile, feeling his various handguns tightly holstered on his waistline underneath his jacket. "So we shouldn't act hastily till we both agree on it."

He glanced over Ruby's shoulder, watching the streets whiz by. The area was gradually becoming seedier, the stores more laden with graffiti, the streets littered with garbage and shady people that disappeared in and out of alleyways and decrepit doorways.

16. Ruby shot Alex a sideways glance as they stepped into the car. She liked him, and for better or worse trusted him. Sitting down in the comfortable seating Ruby adjusted Gertrude as to not dig into her back. Her admiration for Alex also grew as he told off the driver. A smirk came to her face as the driver gave her one last glance before starting the car.

"Right, a plan. Well it depends on the contacts, if they're men I'd hope you'd let me do the talkin, seein as I have a way with them, except you, which is still a bit of a mystery to me sug' but that makes ya'll all that more interestin' to me." She gave a lavish wink to the man next to her before following his gaze out the window. The car would be there in no time.

"Well, let's use a code word before we start with the shootin'. How about sassafras? That ain't a word most folk will be sayin' I think. But if ya'll can think up another one I'll be more'n willin' to use it." She smiled, looking at the lumps in his coat's waistline and patting her own guns on her hips and then Gertrude.

17. Garnet then glanced to her right, a new man was now trying to make his way towards them. This was Aramis. Her eyes then narrowed, he had a handsome face and long hair. This was common in these parts of space, the real question was why did he seem so damn familiar?

"Where I have I encountered this wanker before?" Garnet thought to herself. There'd only be one way to find out. She'd bring the fight towards him to find out!

"Okay Cowgirl. Your turn to make these bastards dance. I'll take care of the pretty boy coming our way." She then pistol whipped one or two of the gangsters that were still in her way and tried to kick one or two just for the hell of it. Garnet had a mission and these guys where in her way!

Soon she was nearly face to face with Aramis, "Alright, you. I don't normally tango with just anyone. But for some reason my brain is saying we've met in the past, so let's tango." She then pointed her Government .45s at him!

18. [size=-2]
    Aramis stood for a moment, letting what she had said process in his mind. Typhoon seemed to burn the skin of his back where they were tied, but Cinder and even Ember were unamused. He hadn't done anything, if she knew he wanted food and she didn't have any, why not just say so? Maybe she thought he was threatening her, a logical assumption to make but a touch unfair, he thought and then returned to the matter at hand. What would he do? She wasn't anything he was contracted to kill, he was fairly certain. Pretty enough though. He wouldn't be caught staring at her chest while she had a gun pointed at him, but he had observed that she seemed to have a nice one.

Aramis realized she probably expected some sort of retaliation for what she was doing, a retort or defense and he weighed his options. "I'm not really in the mood for dancing, thank you all the same ..." Ember howled with laughed and Cinder began making the sounds she did when Aramis was being dense on purpose, the pained sound of irritation. The noise was becoming a bit much. Since he couldn't very well ask her to be quiet, a polite conversation and all, he hissed at Cinder instead, the more irritating of the two "Quiet, Cinder". With a second thought, he returned to the woman with a gun. "I'd be willing to help you all out, though, if you had some food. Or maybe just point me to some food if you don't want help. Or give me some if you have extra".
    [/size]