A Horror- Fantasy Orphanage Roleplay

M

motomoto

Original poster
Disclaimer: *This is loosely based off a Roblox game I seen.

Opia's Home for Lost Boys and Girls(Name subject to change) is about an orphanage of mystery that homes and raises monsters alongside their living livestock- normal boys and girls looking for shelter. They aren't sure which is which when they receive their batch of sad lost boys and girls, but they aren't advise to question it. They never run out of space in their mansion for the orphans because every night at the end of the week, a new bed opens. The owners dont' live in their own home and when they are around, they dont stay for long. It's ran by their maids/housekeepers and servants who may or may not be in on the whole thing.

This is an interest check for a dark fantasy horror group roleplay that involves mystery, lots of death and mature topics, along with supernatural powers.

In this roleplay, there are a couple of roles that I may expand upon later on if this shows enough interest.

STAFF
SCARLET MAID / BUTLER - A high ranking servant that knows what's going on, runs the house with the upmost authority and answers directly to the owners when the time comes. They also manage the lower tier servants.

CANDY MAID/ BUTLER - A lower- high ranking servant that is next in line to become a SCARLET MAID if the qualifications are met, or they will be lowered. They train with the SCARLET but have no authority unless given by the SCARLET. Like a Hall Monitor of sorts. They are the ones typically taking the girls and boys on their activities when it involves the outside world.

BLUSHING MAIDS/BUTLERS - The average servant, they clean up, they manage the boys and girls, they serve the SCARLET without question and follow their strict set of rules. They don't tend to know what's going on or wonder, (at fear of their own life, perhaps? Who knows.) But they can if decided that they are worthy to be involved.

THE ORPHANS

THE HARVEST ORPHANS - Brand new orphans that have arrived that need to get introduced and settled into their new home.

THE SPOILED ORPHANS - These orphans are 'spoiled' and classified as monsters. The process can vary in how long it will take they will take to spoil but these orphans carry the exact cursed blood that the owners are looking for. Thus they become permanent residents of Opia's home, fed and taken care of (unless deemed too potent- to which they are killed), they fed on innocent blood which they take from the normal Orphans. Its hard to control their urges.

THE STOCKED ORPHANS- These orphans are normal. They have been settled into their new home and are living a poor, but decent life. They await their promised day of adoption, following what the maids tell them or be punished for it. But, though they are normal that does not mean that they are weak themselves. Every night at the end of the week, they fight as much as they can to stay alive with the powers given to them. And if they survive? Their memories are wiped and they have to restart the cycle.

That's all I have for now, I plan to really dive more into it when I see if people are interested in joining. Or would be interested in that kind of thing in general? Questions are encouraged if you're confused! If I get more 10 or more people interested, I'll open it up! Comment below if you're interested! <3

Oh, I get Promised Neverland vibes from this. I assume the players would be split between child monsters and child food (with the GM, co-GM, and possibly some other players as the butlers) - in which case, how do you intend to manage player death? Also, I think the mundane children are at too much of a disadvantage; not only are the highest management adults and the monster children against them, it's not clear what the abilities they're given are (equivalent to the monster children or just enough to make for engaging prey?), AND they get their memories erased. I'd suggest another method of preventing them from leaving, so they can at least plan better.

Sounds interesting. I'll keep an eye on this!