A Hopeless Romantic's Stereotypical Partner Search (Comedians also Welcome!)

S

Sunsess

Original poster
Hello there! Sunsess is the game, Roleplaying is my name.

Wait. That's not right. :tongue:

I'm a young adult who's been roleplaying on and off for somewhere around ten years. I'd consider myself fairly experienced in the world of writing. It has been a passion of mind ever since I was a little kid, and my other main passion back then was reading (and there was art, if we're getting technical). Anyway, there's a lot I could say on the subject of myself, and should you wish to talk with me OOC, I'd be more than happy to divulge! But, for now, let's get on to the roleplaying details, shall we?

Expectations:

I'm not a strict roleplayer. I understand we are all different people with different lives and experiences. However, there are a few things that I would like to see from you just for enjoyment's sake.

1. Leniency. Please, don't be a grammar nazi or paragraph snob! I've never really found this to be a problem, as I tend to try to match my roleplaying partner, but I want to state it anyway. You can be constructive and helpful, you know, if you see me repeatedly doing something wrong feel free to comment on it. Give me some helpful tips. If you want, I'll do the same with you, but if your constantly pointing out the little things we are not going to get along. Plain and simple.

2. Kindness! I can not stress this enough. If you don't want to talk to me beyond the realm of roleplay, that's fine, but don't be rude. Several of my roleplays have died because the other person just wasn't polite.

3. Be vocal! Just because I've been roleplaying for a while, does not mean I am perfect. If something bugs you, tell me, and we can work it out. I'm very flexible when it comes to most things.

4. Oh... and if you could let me play a girl, that'd be great. It's not a requirement, as I do have a good amount of male characters I enjoy, but it might just earn you a cookie (a virtual one. :cookie: Sorry! I'd give you a real one if I could.)

Answering some of the most common questions:

1. Where do you roleplay?
Thread or PMs. Preferably PMs, but either one works.

2. Who do you prefer start?
Completely up to you! Just let me know what you prefer.

3. What do you like to see on a character sheet? Any requirements?
I like a lot of detail, but not so much that there's no surprise. The only thing I require in a character sheet is a name and a picture. A base personality is very much preferred, but I know some people like to be spontaneous.

4. Do you do mxm or fxf
I do! I prefer mxf, but I am open to trying others (my least preferred is fxf).

5. What about non-romantic plots?
Try me! If the plot is good enough, I will do it. I reaaallly like my romance though (Can only be trumped by comedic nonsense! Comedy writers, please, message me!)

6. Group roleplays?
I would love to find a good group roleplay. Unfortunately, what I find normally happens is that it becomes a complete mess of people trying to roleplay 1x1 in the same forum or message. So I am not usually a fan. I am open to doing a 1x1x1 and maybe one more person other than that, but unless you can manage to convince me that your plot is that good don't expect me to join your group roleplay.

7. How about doubling or tripling?
Heck yeah! The more roleplays, the merrier.

8. Do you have any plots?

Oh... About that. *opens up a glorious treasure chest of roleplay ideas* There's five more over there if you want to see 'em! Just shoot me a message of what you're looking for and I'll dig them up! I've got pirates, scientists, royal buttheads, your classic high school romances, fantasy nonsense, you name it!​

Plots and pairings:

Finally, to the fun part!

* - I am especially craving this plot/pairing
♥ I will always crave this plot/pairing
The role I prefer to play (though I can often be persuaded otherwise)

Best friend x best friend ♥
Geek x Jock *
Bad boy x Good Girl
Quiet type x Quiet type
Compulsive Liar x Compulsive Liar
Ghost x Ghost
Person x Ghost
Fire Spirit x Water Spirit
Day Sleeper x Nocturnal Person
Blind x Deaf
Deaf x Can't Speak
Temporarily Blind Person x Person they've never sean
Blind x Ghost who doesn't know they're a ghost

This can be mixed with another plot or pairing, if you prefer.

-Details like age and the graduation ceremony can be changed

YC was MC's first ever boyfriend. He was also her longest and most intimate relationship, lasting from age 14 to age 16. The two were hugely in love, and for the longest time, were convinced they would someday marry. When YC graduated high school, however, MC decided to skip out on the ceremony (or on some event they had planned to do together afterwards) and instead went to go do their least favorite activity. YC was hugely upset. Though he was used to that sort of thing, and would go so far as to hunt MC down and drag her to wherever they were planning to meet, he thought just once she would show up for him. (Maybe there is also an underlying reason why they are so upset). They ended up breaking up and ending their friendship. Years later, MC has just gotten back from a first date. However, their best friend is really upset about it, for one reason or another. YC happens to really close friends with that person as well, and decides to go and yell at MC. The two get into a huge fight, saying things they don't mean, and just as things reach the tipping point, one of the characters suddenly "dies". Falls off a cliff, slips into the water and drowns or is pulled away, etc.

The idea is that they don't really die, and are transported to a different realm, time period, or whatever. I'd also be okay with something less fantasy/sci-fi related, just so long as the concept is similar. From there, we see their lives continue as the character that disappeared tries to make their way back home, and the other character is plagued with memories and has to learn to deal with their true feeling. I wouldn't be opposed to the one character figuring out the other didn't really die, but not right off the bat.

I would really love a detailed character with this one. One that has a good mix of positives and negatives. I don't want it to be one character is a better/worse person than the other. I want two characters who play off each other really well, and have complimenting faults and personality traits (not all of them should compliment, but the main ones). I have a character in mind I could use for this, and even a character base you can use and improve upon if you so desire.

This can be mixed with another plot or pairing, if you prefer.

-Details like age and the graduation ceremony can be changed

YC was MC's closest friend and confidant. They met a little before the age of five, thanks to both of their fathers being in the same line of work. Right after MC turned 18, the two began to date. Things started off great, but as time went on, things began to fade. (There can be an underlying cause for this. A hidden secret or something that makes the relationship hard) Neither one was happy. One year into the relationship MC caught YC cheating on her, and she just... didn't care. After a long discussion the two people agreed to just be friends, and surprisingly, they were. Neither person seemed to harbor any hard feelings, until MC came back one night from a date. YC was furious. After a huge fight that left more questions than answers, MC grabbed a bag and stormed off. A few days later, a friend of YC comes by the house and tells YC that they killed MC on accident.

The idea is that they don't really die, and are transported to a different realm, time period, or whatever. I'd also be okay with something less fantasy/sci-fi related, just so long as the concept is similar. From there, we see their lives continue as the character that disappeared tries to make their way back home, and the other character dealing with their conflicting feelings and possibly falling into depression, doing some radical things (that would seem less radical if they knew the other person was alive). Obviously, the conflicting feelings would be on both ends. Maybe the "dead" character ends up dating different people and realizing how much they miss the other as a result, while the "living" character realizes that keeping their friendship was what most important to them and how unfair they were to suddenly lash out, even though their feelings remain the same (which they have to figure out what they are first).

I have a character in mind I could use for this, and even a character base you can use and improve upon if you so desire.

If you've read the other two, then you know the jist of things. One character gets separated from the other. I'd be willing to do it, however, so that MC gets separated from the two people mentioned above, and the runs into YC in the new dimension/time period/etc.

The day was lovely. The sun was shining, birds were chirping, it really was a sight to behold. A group of people were out playing in a field, one of them Character A. Somewhere amongst the games and laughter Character A decides to take a break. They rest their head on the grass and curl up right next to a dandelion puff. Their eyes twinkle as the whisper into the air, "I wish..." They blow. When Character A turns their head they see a boy staring back at them, smiling. From that moment on, all Character A has to do is say I wish and blow the boy's hair, and the wish comes true. The catch? Every time a wish is made the boy disappears for a while, and when he reappears, he is someone different. This works for a long while, until the girl finally encounters a guy she doesn't want to lose: Character B. It is then they realize not making a single wish is a lot more difficult than they had thought.

This could be done with stars or eyelash wishes or something as well. I'm open to ideas

Some see the glass half empty, some see the glass half full. Character A sees the glass as completely full, even when it's not. They are the absolute most positive person on the face of the earth. Character B hates it. Something about their cheerful and bright spirit just angers them to the core. So, even though it seems cruel, Character B decides they have to show Character A the negative side of life, and becomes determined to make them miserable. It turns out to be much harder than they had planned. For them. Apparently Character A has been talking to someone else this entire time, and with one quick drop of the hat, Character A's whole demeanor changes. Now Character A is falling into a pit of darkness. That was technically the goal, but...

Character A has always been a mere peasant. Forever in love with the ways of royalty, they scrimp and save every penny they can to make a prince/princess-esque outfit. When they go to wear it, something weird happens. Everyone mistakes them for actual royalty. Not one to ruin the fun, Character A decides to go along with it. However, things get way out of hand when the whole town starts talking of "the mysterious stranger" who has blessed them with their presence. Now Character A is stuck in a weird state between royalty and peasantry. Everywhere they go they must act proper! And heaven forbid they be seen out at night!

Character B is just your average person. As soon as their eyes meet with Character A they know they were meant to be together. Unfortunately, they can't really say anything. No matter how many times Character A visits them, requesting things like a blanket and a loaf of bread.

Fandoms (If you don't see yours here, feel free to ask!):

Undertale ***
Stardust
The Good Place
LoZ
Kiss Him Not Me! *
Maid Sama!
The Last Unicorn
Sharkboy and Lavagirl
Plants VS Zombies

That's all for now! Please PM me or post below if interested. :wave:

Reactions: Jays