A Fragmented Reality

Status
Not open for further replies.
"If you forget, then I'll be sure as all hell to make you remember my name again," Lapis let out a simple chuckle when it came to joke around a bit, trying to ease up from her earlier distress. Surely it'll be better to do something else rather than think about her messed up memories over time.

Now here comes the case of a date.

... oh god. When was the last time I had a date? Like... never?

Lapis had a feeling that she had some dates with Abel, but she had no damn idea on when she had a date before then. What were you supposed to do in dates again? ... well, er... she guessed that she'll try to be herself, because that was the best that she could do at the moment.

"Anything that I used to eat... ?"

This was a hard decision, since it's been some time since she last ate. Living alone and out of public sight during her bounty hunter career allowed her to go through life without the need to sleep or eat. Now that this comes up, she was unsure on what she would want to eat. Though, a single thought came to mind, and a dazed look appeared on her face.

T4OHm8b.jpg

"Muffins~"
"Muffins?"

Abel tilted his head at the strange request, having to think of what she meant. After a moment, he realized what she had meant and nodded. It wasn't often he ate muffins, especially after all the rationing that had occurred after the lockdown and the war with Heaven. However, the idea seemed oddly enticing for some reason, as if it was the perfect way to start his life with Lapis, "Definitely, let's get to work together!"

Without even asking if she wanted to help out, Abel was dragging her to the kitchen, his thoughts filled with blueberry muffins. Good job, Lapis, you just got roped into helping your boyfriend make pastries.​

All it took was for her to say "muffins," and they were set on their kitchen task moments after the word was mentioned. Not that she had a problem with it, she was glad that they were going to do something together. Plus, the last time she had muffins happens to be during the time she still lived with her family, so maybe by doing this, it could trigger some potential memories that involved this in any way to come back to her.

Though, one little thought intensified by the sheer realization of it: she didn't know how to make muffins at all.

Lapis never worked on making them herself, and usually someone else would bake the muffins for her. But hey, maybe she was going to get time to spend with Abel and a cooking lesson. That's like... two birds with one stone. Cool.

"Er... Abel, how do we start... you know, making the muffins?"

All it took was for her to say "muffins," and they were set on their kitchen task moments after the word was mentioned. Not that she had a problem with it, she was glad that they were going to do something together. Plus, the last time she had muffins happens to be during the time she still lived with her family, so maybe by doing this, it could trigger some potential memories that involved this in any way to come back to her.

Though, one little thought intensified by the sheer realization of it: she didn't know how to make muffins at all.

Lapis never worked on making them herself, and usually someone else would bake the muffins for her. But hey, maybe she was going to get time to spend with Abel and a cooking lesson. That's like... two birds with one stone. Cool.

"Er... Abel, how do we start... you know, making the muffins?"
As they stepped into the kitchen, he made a beeline for the pantry and fridge, going over the steps for muffins in his head. Hopefully I've got some vanilla... He really didn't want to have to head to the store after such a long day and after getting Lapis's hopes up, and thankfully, his wish was granted. Setting the necessary ingredients down on the counter-top by the oven, a smile sneaked up on him at her question, "Just follow along, okay? I'll show you how now, and we can start switching on and off from now on."

It seemed he was rather can-do with his ability in cooking muffins as he set to work, setting the oven to the needed time before focusing on mixing the ingredients. As he went about making each step, he stopped for a few moments to explain to Lapis what each step was for before continuing on.

"And now we just pop the muffins in and wait a few minutes..." Without much fear of the heat, Abel popped their tray of proto-muffins into the oven before shutting them inside. He then turned back to Lapis, a grin on his face, "Got it?"

gnar___league_of_legends_new_character_fan_art_by_disymona-d7tcy0t.jpg

"Nakotak."

Looks like Gnar woke up to the scent of baking materials.​

Lapis attentively listened to the instructions, as if it were a training session. However, it appeared so simple. How come she never learned how to do this before? This was much easier than killing somebody for bounties. Glancing over at Abel, she gave a smile to him.

"Sounds good with me~"

Around this time, she noticed a certain yordle waking up. Well, she simply waved at the cute lil' Gnar, but at the moment, muffins were being made!​

Lapis attentively listened to the instructions, as if it were a training session. However, it appeared so simple. How come she never learned how to do this before? This was much easier than killing somebody for bounties. Glancing over at Abel, she gave a smile to him.

"Sounds good with me~"

Around this time, she noticed a certain yordle waking up. Well, she simply waved at the cute lil' Gnar, but at the moment, muffins were being made!​
The smile caused his heart to skip a beat and a blush to form on his cheeks. He had missed the cute smiles that she always had hidden just beneath the surface, ready to pop up with the right push. Just another thing about her being back that I should thank her for... However, before he pay her a compliment, another cute thing, this one an orange furball, popped up and grabbed his attention.

In an instant, he had Gnar scooped up in his hands, gently petting the cat-like creature, "Hey, little guy, look who showed up while you were napping!" They had a little bit of time to kill before the muffins were done, so why not show some love for his adorable companion?​

Regardless of the changes she had to deal with, her attitude towards Gnar wasn't that different from before. She basically knew that he was the cute little creature that she loved to cuddle and stuff.

"Hey Gnar~ Bet you missed me!" Lapis smiled once the cute yordle was brought over.​

While she was busy with the cuddle wuddles with Gnar, Lapis instantly remembered an important detail now that some time has passed.

"Hey Abel, didn't the muffins finish baking by now?"

@The Tactician @Bomb

-Intermission-

e5fd1b05f8b612a0b10dee13aeb59f29

"... I assume that you've gotten your hands on the information needed? ... yes... yes, that's excellent."

A lone figure obscured by a black hooded cloak stood in the depths of the forest, holding a cell phone in order to speak with their partner.

"Relay the information back to me... that shouldn't be so hard with your capabilities. Once that is done, I have a large task for you. It seems simple, but I'll warn you, it'll take you most of your time to do so. If you require assistance with this task, I don't mind sending you a few more of my competent hunters with you. As long as you get the job done, I do not mind how long you take with it, how you decide to execute the task... or whatever factor must be done for it. Just remember that the single goal here is..."

The figure took a moment to let out a laugh, a twisted smile curling up on the individual's face.

"... to kill Rinato Dormi. Or otherwise known as 'Lapis Lazuli.' That is all I request of you."

A click rang throughout the forest as the cloaked figure cut off the phone call.

And then there was none.​

Status
Not open for further replies.