A Fantasy Game Gone Wrong

Status
Not open for further replies.
Leo woke up and slowly lifted his eyelids, expecting to see the clear blue sky. Instead, there was a PM and a friend request from... "Roseheart!" He thought loudly to himself, and smiled. So she hadn't given up on him, which was a huge relief. He accepted the friend request, and read through the PM. It told him she was at the north gate, so he ran right over.

As Roseheart came into view, he picked up in speed. But then he noticed she was not alone. Another person, SilverFang, was standing next to her, and they were talking. He could be someone she had just met or an old friend, but either way Leo felt as though he would be in the way. So he slowed down to a walking pace, and averted his eyes a little, hoping not to intrude so much. In any case, Roseheart seemed quite fired up about seeing him, which had a contagious effect. Leo was now fired up himself, ready to go hunt some monsters. He accepted the trade request, and even if it was only charity, he was in terrible need of equipment. "Well, sorry for not really introducing myself. I'm Leo Bravesoul, but you can just call me Leo. Can I call you Rose, and you Silver?" With his last words he turned and smiled at Silverfang. He opened up his menu and sent him a friend request, too. If they were going to team up, it would only feel natural for them all to be in-game friends, too. As Rose sprinted away telling them to follow, Leo laughed. "Hey, wait up!" Excited, he followed her with a steady hand on his weapon. This was going to be fun.

Elsa rubbed her eyes. At first it felt like waking up from a pleasant nap, but the memories of the speech slowly crept back into her mind. She sighed. This was a very serious matter, and she could imagine that the chaos going on inside the game was only a small reflection of what was going on in the outside world, when people have realized their friends and family have been taken hostage inside their very own homes. The facts were very clear, finish the game and everyone would be set free, but if you failed along the way you were done for good. One might get the urge to run off and experience farm in order to level up and grow strong to fight the bosses, but Elsa had something she needed to take care of first.

Despite being a BETA tester and therefore having a headstart over the other players, she was still pretty much useless on her own. She had the power, but she was slow and her defense stats were poor to say the least. Finding a team was the number one priority at this point. A healer would be nice, or ideally, a tank. She once again opened her inventory, looking for a specific item. A pair of glasses spawned in her hand, which she put on. It was some pretty basic intelligence boosting equipment, but it made her focus a lot better. Her eyes twinkled sharply. It was time to get serious.

Arthas was laying on the ground, his eyes were closed and he wondered to himself for just how long he had been here on the cold hard ground, or could he really say that when they were within a fake reality? It was then that the words the strange floating man had said came back into his thoughts and his eyes opened wide. "THE KIDS!?" He shouted to himself not caring if those around him would stare, he quickly got up and started to run around the vicinity wanting to see if he could find any kind of trace of where they could have been but even after having searched for half an hour there was nothing to be found, a sigh escaped his lips. He could only hope that they stayed safe untill he managed to find them.

With a goal in mind Arthas turned his eyes towards the fields where he could start gaining experience, he needed money and strenght and then he would try to create a safe place for those who were to young to fight within this cruel world they have been trapped within. He equiped his large shield which gave of his position as a Tank and then started to walk towards already mentioned fields. He was walking in a hurry and didn't look where he was going and suddenly fell on his bottom as he colided with someone, he looked infront of him and saw a girl with glasses. Being raised a gentleman he quickly got on his feet and offered a hand. "I am terribly sorry miss!"

Elsa suddenly fell to the ground as something rammed into her hard from behind. It took her by surprise, and she let out an unflattering shriek. Having had her feathers ruffled and being quite embarrassed, she wanted to turn around and snap at the rude brute who had so unconsiderately shoved her. But as she layed her eyes upon the perpetrator, a different thought crossed her mind. He was wearing nice, sturdy armor, wielded a sword and shield, and looked quite stern. Perfect, she had landed herself a Tank! She pushed the glasses back, as they had slipped down her nose during the fall, and then reached out to grab his arm. "Yes, I'm completely fine, don't worry. I'm Elsa, by the way. Elsa Moonlight. Anyway, since you're in such a hurry that you didn't even notice me standing right in front of you, I'm guessing you've got something important to do." She made a small pause. "Tell you what, we might be of good use to eachother, you and I. If I help you out with whatever it is you're doing, would you mind tagging along on some exploring? My class is unfortunately not ideal for solo excursions, but I'm quite an excellent team player. So, what do you say, do we have a deal?"

GoldenKing's eyes opened wide and suddenly like floodgates -- floodgates that had held back the man's need for adventure and glory. Now that his eyes had reopened, there was nothing holding him back from heading out into this world to make himself a legend! GoldenKing looked around, examining his surroundings. He was in a very generic inn, with a few players sitting around and talking whilst the tavern owner cleaned.
"Tavernkeeper! Tell me, where can an adventurer such as myself go to garner companions of battle?" GoldenKing said with bravado and with a smile dancing upon his lips.
So then he headed to the town square, after a short discussion. He glanced around as he walked, watching distressed people run and bump into each other, other people merely talking... none of it important to him. Nay, the only thing that mattered to GoldenKing was adventure and those who were willing to risk there lives for it. That was when GoldenKing walked up onto a platform, presumably used by merchant NPCs of some sort. GoldenKing glanced around the town square, breathing in deeply...

"Hear ye, hear ye! I am GoldenKing, an adventurer much like many of yourselves! I have heard of the dangers and wonders of the lands that surround us and I seek companions!"

GoldenKing glanced about the town square, looking each person that might be looking at him in the eye.

"But I seek not mere soldiers nor mere wanderers! I seek only those who have skill of merit! Those who are not good at what they do -- they are the best at what they do! I seek those who, in the face of adversity, will not back down! I seek those who, when confronted with death, fight on with the vigor that only a hero can harbor! I seek not cowards, nor miscreants -- I seek those brave enough to man the forefront of battle, those who place themselves in the vanguard in order to be the one to first taste the glory of battle and victory!"

GoldenKing allowed that to sit in for a few moments, once again peering into the eyes -- nay, the very souls of the people who would look at him.

"Again, my fellow peoples of this land... bring forth your finest! Bring forth those who would slay every demon, best every foe, and claim every victory! Alongside me, we shall ride forth into history as legends! We will surpass even the most noble, the most honorable and the most legendary of heroes! We will act as the harbingers of victory -- for indeed, wherever we stride and wherever we may carry our blades and spells, victory and the spoils along-with shall follow!"

GoldenKing closed his eyes and nodded once. Raising his head again, there was a very solemn look upon the man's face.

"Listen well, those who would follow me. This is not a group who allows for weak links. Neigh, we shall never slow down, and never give up. I will not lie to you... if you choose to walk this path, fight this path, and live this path... you may, too, die with this path. And thus so! Come forth, those brave of heart, steady of hand, and sure of stride! Come forth, those who would strike down evil, those who would take up blade to slay the wicked, protect the innocent, and reap the rewards that ensue! Come forth, heroes of legends! Come forth, those who wish to be gods amongst men! COME FORTH, BRAVE HEROES OF FORTUNE!"

With that powerful ending, GoldenKing bowed his head.

Now... let us see who the brave are.

Papa Gigante opened his eyes to find himself looking at the sky. He remembered not too long ago hearing a man give him the challenge of a lifetime. Papa Gigante picked himself up, there was no time to waste, if he wanted to become the legend, he would have to get a head start on all the others. He put his shield on his back and started to make his way for the gates. It was then that he heard some voice talking about skill, slaying demons and whatnot. He wasn't entirely sure if this was a npc or just a very enthusiastic player. Either way, he wanted to at least see the kind of person making this speech. Papa Gigante decided to actually listen to the end of the speech. Upon hearing about heroes of legend, he shrugged. Of course everyone wanted to be heroes of legend, that's usually the story line for most video game characters anyways. Still, it was a nice speech, and he figured he might as well give the man some form of complement.

Papa Gigante turned his head to Goldenking, and gave him a thumbs up.

GoldenKing looked at the man who gave him this gesture of approval, nodding.

"You, then, shall join me upon this grand quest? To defeat all those that stand in the face of justice, glory, and honor? Tell me, brave one! What is your name?"

GoldenKing spoke these words, lacing into them the utmost respect for this man who came forth. For, indeed, GoldenKing held nothing but the utmost respect for a man who was about to go on the most dangerous trip of his life. The most dangerous battle he would have ever fought and would ever fight.

Papa Gigante looked at the player in front of him. Goldenking seemed like the kind of guy who takes his character role play seriously, even when his life depended on it.

He nodded when asked to join Goldenking's party, as all legends had a legendary party. When asked to defeat all those who stood in the face of multiple things, Papa Gigante gave a small shrug, then started to nod. More enemies meant more levels after all. When asked for his name, however, Papa Gigante started to point around his character, not sure where his name would be shown for other players.

GoldenKing waited for the man to state his name, to no avail.

"I believe I have heard of you from a citizen of this town! You are the most noble Gigante, yes?"

GoldenKing smiled broadly, waving his hands out before him.

"Well, most noble Gigante, you shall be the first of many to stand with me. I shall never forget, however, that you were indeed the first. Now, let us go Gigante -- for indeed, any of those still pondering on if they should come or not are not prepared to join us on our quest."

Seeing as introductions were done and GoldenKing figured out his name, it was time for some fighting. Papa Gigante started to head for the gate in the middle of GoldenKing's speech, waving his hand back and forth, trying to tell him to hurry.

Papa Gigante equipped his sword and rested it on his shoulder, ready to head out. He turned his head behind him to look at GoldenKing.

As Papa Gigante glanced back, he would see something move past him, along with wind following whatever moved. Indeed, GoldenKing was practically sprinting towards the gate with eagerness.

"Come now, Gigante! To battle!"

GoldenKing was almost frenzied in his race to leave the town. Finding somebody who wished to venture out for glory as much as he did got his energy flowing. Indeed, he was more than enthusiastic now -- he was brimming with wanderlust and desire to slay and become powerful.

Last edited by a moderator:
Cirque awoke with a start. At first she was terribly confused. Why wasn't she in bed? When did she get outsi---Oh. Oh yeah. The memories of the speech dragged itself from the back of her head to the forefront and suddenly that was all she could think about. At first she was upset. Like really, really upset. Stuck in a game forever? With no known way of getting out? She liked games, but did she really like them this much? She thought about that for a moment, tilting her head from side to side. But then she stopped, when she came to a decision.

Yes. Yes she did like games that much. And the dying bit was kind of scary, but she wasn't a noob. She was a kick ass gamer and she was going to reach the damn level cap, and beat anyone who tries to stop her! If she was going to live in a game for the rest of her life she might as well become the damn queen of it. But right now, as a beginner, she needed help. A group to help her survive in this world.

Looking around she could already see people milling about and drifting off into various sections. The factions and parties were already being established and she needed to get in on this action. A party was her aim though, not a faction. Time spent playing other games had taught her that factions were restricting. They were always trying to tell you what to do, how to do it, and when to do it. She didn't need anymore bossy control freaks like her mom, breathing over her shoulder.

So...Who was the best candidate? She didn't know anyone here, and she wasn't that good at judging people by looks alone. Even then, her daddy had always told her not to trust anyone until she had leverage. Although...She didn't quite know what leverage meant. She had been meaning to look the word up but she'd forgotten, and then her dad had given her the game...Anyway that wasn't the point. She need to find a party...But damn it! It was so hard to see anything!

Jumping onto a bench, she stared out over the crowd and tried to find a potential party member.

Julie Yin
Julie had awoken and stretched out. Immediately she reached around herself, feeling the entire body to check whether or not she was okay and whether or not her clothing was still on. The girl exhaled in relief before checking herself again and realizing she was still wearing a full body suit of armor. "Wah!" she jumped. "I-I... it's okay right? Maybe I just fell asleep at a cosplay convention..." she tried justifying to herself before looking around. Julie nodded, coming to terms with herself. It was indeed just like in her animes.

The girl hefted her giant sword, now larger than her body, over her shoulder. "Huh... so I guess my appearance has nothing to do with how my stats actually work... so they shouldn't effect how I use my equipment either..." she mumbled. Julie had been playing solo through most of her career. Though she was a female, Julie never actually played female characters, thinking that it was gross. Because of this, she didn't have the same allure as another female, or even a male playing as a female character.

"Alriight... time to grind" she reasoned.

Yong Xun's pupils darted back and forth with the tenacity and speed that only he knew a salaryman and avid gamer possessed after years of dedication. He was still in the world of Fortune's Fantasy, as was to be expected from the Corporate Representative's Villainous Monologue. Yong Xun could only imagine how the Fenghuan Corporation reacted to this news, and what they have done with him. However, these thoughts of the outside world were not the task he was assigned. He was assigned to explore and analyze Fortune's Fantasy, and he would not let a pathetic threat of death stop him in pursuing his goal. This was the town of Vilaka, yes this was the first hub that was known, and surely it was not the only hub. Individual players were engaging in various conversations. Most likely assembling groups in order to survive, this would be useful in a game of death. However, there was a problem. Was there anyone else who was able to speak the language that he spoke? Communication was of key importance in maintaining a group, Yong Xun knew this, through many games with many guilds, along with well, just being part of the corporate world. Yong Xun tapped his temple with his left index finger while he began strolling along. Finally after a brief stroll he took a spot where he had a clear vision of the park, and the people around this, and where he could have his back against the wall to avoid any attacks from behind. While it may be earlier for the chaos to break in, Yong was prepared for the worst to happen. After all, the Japanese Corporation locked him and others in a game of death. Yong began looking around, spying for anything interesting, whether it is Industrial Espionage, or just observing the general traits of the player base at this time, all of this information would be useful in the long run. And Yong was ready to analyze the information that he could gleam from these observations.

Through his observations, he noticed a particular person heaving a giant sword, perhaps it was the same person, who had bumped into him when the mirror was activated. Yong Xun stepped from his perch as he approached the girl, standing a few feet away from her, and spoke "你能说中国话?" (Can you speak Chinese?) This question, would potentially confirm whether or not that was the same individual, as he remembered someone near him, before he blacked out, speaking Chinese. Perhaps it would be sheer luck if this was an individual who could communicate with him.

Last edited by a moderator:
Julie Yin
As Julie was about to walk out of town, she heard someone behind her and stopped short. A chill ran up her spine as she looked back. It was another person. Nervously, Julie turned her entire body around to face the man. Straightening her posture and attempting to gain a bit of composure, Julie tried to make the best of her situation. As an avid roleplayer, she felt the need to stay in character, of course she was no longer Darkedgelord. No, she was the Dark Lady, and she would never have done an act so foolish in front of a commoner- she was much better than that. Julie coughed and swept her hair to the side, putting on a smug grin as she looked up to Yong Xun.

"是" (yes) Darkedge Lord nodded to the filthy commoner, "我是 DARKEDGELORD." (I am DarkedgeLord). She said, keeping a perfect Mandarin accent. Once again, the Lady swept her beautiful blonde hair to the side, making a devilish chuckle. "我讲的语言的所有方式" (I speak all manner of languages) she told Xong Yun, the archer. Standing proudly, looking down at the man, Julie continued forward as close as she could without touching him. Her jet black eyes peered deep into the archer's soul, the orbs showing only cool intimidation. "为什么你问?" (Why do you ask?) she glared.

Yong tapped his temple with his left index finger, "我刚才看见你,这是对这一事实的构象。" (I saw you earlier, this was for conformation of that fact.) he said in a matter of fact tone, with an air of politeness. Yong stared at Julie again, not giving any attention to demeanor she had upon her, as he gazed at her calculating vast amounts of information in his head, based upon the current observations of Darkedgelord. "
我提出了一个组队。这是在这个世界上是必不可少的。一个弓箭手和骑士的联合部队将是一个危险的力量." (I propose a team up. That is essential in this world. The combined forces of an archer and knight would be a dangerous force. ) Yong glanced at Julie, examining the equipment she had upon her, and her reactions, well she was engaged in the art of roleplaying. Excellent, Yong enjoyed roleplaying and this would make the game far more amusing Yong spoke again, "凭借我们的综合优势,我们可以很容易地等待着我们在这些土地上的财富。" (With our combined strengths we can easily take the riches that await us in these lands.) Yong Xun smiled, revealing his teeth, which made his smile into a despicable, and horrid grin.

On her perch on the bench (which was getting crowded because other people had decided to try and get up there too) she saw two people, the man turned girl who she had woken up next to, as well as some guy, who looked...Well she didn't want to delve into that. Hopping off of the bench and shoving someone out of her way, with an angry hiss of "Hey move it!" She scurried through the crowd until she reached them. Sliding to a stop right beside them she realized they were speaking...Speaking...Some language that she couldn't even identify. But no matter, she had played with non-English speakers before. As long as they knew how to play, it'd be completely fine!
"Hey, guys wanna form a party? An assassin, an archer and knight, would be a pretty kick ass team, right?" She suggested, hoping that they at least understood English. If not she'd just send them a request. She bounced on her toes and clenched and un-clenched her fists as she waited for a reply.

DarkedgeLord
"哈!(Ha!) 我很抱歉,但是我独自玩 (I'm sorry, but I only play solo.) I'm sorry, but I only play solo." Darkedge Lord rejected the offers of the other two players. Who did they think they were? Asking for a party so casually- and with someone of such high a caliber as the one and only Darkedge Lord! The lady walked away, swaying her hips seductively as she did. "I'll see you losers later though" she scoffed, not even caring to spend the energy to look back at them or dignify him with the appearance of her face any more than they already had been.

Julie patted herself on the back for good roleplaying, thinking that she did a good enough job with the convincing of the other two what kind of person she was. She pondered how she would play the character, checking the profiles of the other two. As she had suspected, the archer clearly had better stats than she did. DarkedgeLord, however, had his stats all over the place. Julie needed a party. Slowly, Julie crept back.

"Uh...um..." Julie turned back. "等...(Wait...) 我认为这将是有益的...如果我们强强联手 (I think we could benefit each other... if we joined forces.)"

Silverfang
Silver knew just as well as anybody that first impressions were very important. He decided he would do a 'do over' with Leo. As he was running he tried again, "I'm Silverfaa-" He had tripped, it was a lousy first impression. He sighed laying on the ground hearing a giggle coming from Rose. "Hay! Get up. This is no time to be laying around, all the farm is going to be gone by then!" She had chastised him more or less in a teasing manner. He stood up quickly, "Sorry, sorry." was his quick retort before going back to chasing after her. She didn't seem to know the meaning of a paced run but he wasn't going to complain. Still, it was good he was playing with a group of three. Two would make fighting hard because they would only be able to really rely on Rose's power, while more than three would be too much for him to keep track of... at least at this point in the game.

Rose stopped suddenly and she seemed to be looking for something, "Ok, truth be told we aren't looking for pigs." she had started only getting a questionable look from him. "Shouldn't we at least test out our strength before we go after something else?" She ended up giving him one of her death stares that told him to just be quiet. "Ok, ok sorry." She said raising his hands just over his shoulders in surrender. "We are going to kill goblins. Leo it will be hard for you to hit them but I will farm them fast." Her smiled showed confidence but wasn't this the first time she has ever played a VRMMORPG. "Rose, honestly, this is crazy. I know you have played MMORPG's before but something like this... its a VRMMORPG. You aren't even used to fighting in this game and non of us have many skills." He protested. When he looked back at her he noticed she had run ahead without him. "Were you even listening!" He shouted out before chasing after her. "Leo! Tell her she is nuts!" Already he could feel the butterflies rising up in his stomach. It was enough to make him want to throw up, "Rose! I don't want you to die!"

That's when he saw them. A group of three goblins all in the same general area. It would be three verses three if they attacked but he wasn't going to forget the fact that the goblins were an entire two to four levels higher than them. "Stop!" He shouted but once again she didn't listen. What happened next made his eyes widen however, she managed to take out one of them with a single strike. He looked towards Leo then at the goblin which was dissolving into small gem shapes. She did it twice more without even braking a sweat and he heard the ding meaning he leveled up. "What was that..." He voice was now quiet. He was honestly a little shocked. Her movements were not like a the others whom were just figuring out the tricks to fighting. "True time?" She said with a hidden giggle, "Ok, ok, I will tell you." She held a rather sly smile on her face now, "You see, I'm a beta tester." She announced standing a little straighter. He was rather stunned to be honest. She never told him that she was a BETA tester and he hadn't the slightest suspicion that she was. "Why did you hold that a secret?" "We both know your horrible at keeping secrets and I didn't want Leo here to follow me just because I'm a BETA tester." ... He wished he could say otherwise but she held a very valid point. "I see..."

Roseheart
She heard silver trying to introduce himself, again, "I'm Silverfaa-" a rather loud thud and turned her head slightly to see what it was. Silver had just fallen and though it wasn't really funny she couldn't help but giggle a little, "Hay! Get up. This is no time to be laying around, all the farm is going to be gone by then!" She found it nice that he was trying to introduce himself though, normally he didn't open up much to new people. She smiled a little before turning around and running again. Just before he got onto his feet. "Sorry, sorry." She had to hold back from giggling again. Having him around was good, it took her mind off of the whole situation she was put in.

She figured it was as good of a time as ever to tell them what they were looking for, after all they were probubly keeping an eye open for pigs and there were no pigs in the forest. "Ok, truth be told we aren't looking for pigs." She said looking back to see if he could tell what they were thinking. However she didn't get much before Silver spoke up again, "Shouldn't we at least test out our strength before we go after something else?" She just gave him her all too well known death stare, to him at least, and he corrected himself. "Ok, ok sorry." She was satisfied with his apology and decided to make sure everyone knew what was going on. "We are going to kill goblins. Leo it will be hard for you to hit them with that rather large sword but I will farm them fast." "Rose, honestly, this is crazy. I know you have played MMORPG's before but something like this... its a VRMMORPG. You aren't even used to fighting in this game and non of us have many skills." A frown formed on her face as she continued to run, he had so little faith in her. "Were you even listening!" ... "Leo! Tell her she is nuts!" ... "Rose! I don't want you to die!" But at least he cared.

She spotted her pray and ran straight in. She had already warned Leo about them and figured Silver was too smart to run in head first. She should be safe to fight them as she pleased without looking out for her comrades, at least in this fight. She skillfully moved in, jumping over the first one while jabbing at the second before spinning around and countering the third. She had fought these dozens of times and could predict what the AI was going to make the creatures do. She jabbed the last two while they moved for a counter attack and that finish the battle. She smiled seeing their expressions. "True time?" She giggled find this whole thing very amusing, "Ok, ok, I will tell you... You see, I'm a beta tester." She announced proudly wanting to see their reactions. "Why did you hold that a secret?" She was rather disappointed... "We both know your horrible at keeping secrets and I didn't want Leo here to follow me just because I'm a BETA tester." "I see..." ... he was rather depressing...

Yong glanced at Julie as she was returning, "我很高兴你看到它我的方式。" (I am glad you see it my way.) Yong glanced left for a few moments, then he turned his head right for a few moments. Yong glanced at Julie then spoke again, "呵呵,如果你的角色是一个"黑暗"的,你可以声称你"拍摄的我"作为马仔,让你有一个可行的字符借口这一点。虽然这仅仅是一个建议。" (Oh, if your character is a "dark" one, you can just claim you "captured me" as a minion, so you have a viable in character excuse for this. Though that is only one suggestion.). Yong began rubbing his hands together, as he observed the various players, interacting. Yong tilted his head, as he peered into the business sections, judging the flow of traffic from players, and how the non-player characters were interacting with the area. This would be an interesting part of the game play.

Yong placed his left hand under his chin as he began tapping his cheek with his index and middle finger, eying the area devoted to shop keepers. He kept his eyes focused on the various interactions that were taking place. His pupils then darted to others who were in the area, examining the quality of the graphics, and just to see how the interactions were going. Who knows, those observations could clearly be useful, or at the very least give a better impression of the environment that surrounded him

Status
Not open for further replies.