A Fantasy Game Gone Wrong

Status
Not open for further replies.
Julie Yin
The lord of Dark Edge looked to his minions. Obviously, they did not understand each other, which made her the perfect master; capable of speaking to either one of them. "Yes... 来 (come)." she gestured to the disfigured archer. She then turned to the shorter female. "You too, my slave" she said. She flipped her hair back and began walking forward toward the outskirts of town, where the monsters began. It had been a long time since Dark Edge Lord's blade, Chaos, had tasted blood. The lady chuckled in delight at the thought of killing something- it was her favorite hobby.

The lord occasionally turned back to face her servants, keeping them in check as she stopped. Boars were some of the weakest creatures the realm had ever seen. Surely, they were not worth the time of the Dark Edge Lord, nor were they even worthy of being cut by the Lord's blade. Nonetheless, she was rusty from her years of not slaying. Darkedge therefore needed a bit of practice.

She took her blade off her shoulder, letting it fall to the ground with a loud thud.
"Dark... Flame... SWORD!" she declared, lifting her sword to the sky. The blade became lit, glowing dark with an awesome power. Once again, she let it drop before raising it against a group of boars as they lined up against each other. In one swing, she cut through all the boars several times. "THIS IS TOO MUCH FUN!" she let out a pleasured scream before moving on to another batch of monsters.

Cirque jaw dropped when the girl/man called her 'her slave' then walked off, expecting her to just tag along. Well she had another thing coming. It's not like Darkedgelord was her only option. She would find someone else. She gave the foreigner a slight wave, although he seemed to be putting all of his focus into interacting with the bossy girl, and returned to her bench.

Climbing back on top of it, and nudging some girl out of the way, Cirque began surveying the mass of players before her and trying to find anyone else who was by themselves. She winced when she saw the few people who hadn't yet gotten with the program and who were still almost catatonic or crying their eyes out. If she was someone else, she might have tried to comfort them. But she wasn't anyone else, she was her and she didn't want to risk befriending someone who would simply hold her back with their constant whining.

Yong Xun followed Darkedgelord, and simply smirked. "完全按照计划进行。" (Exactly as planned.) Yong Xun muttered to himself. He followed the Dark Lady to the outskirts of town, after all he was an archer under the service of the Dark Lady. While walking through the town, he made sure to keep a vigilante eye on anything of useful to him, and any potential threat to the Dark Lady. Of course there was nothing in town that was a threat to her, and everything that was of potential use was noted.

Frzrorp glanced at the boars, they had fierce tusks, and a look of bloodshed in their eyes. Frzrorp casually tilted his head as he drew out his bow, and fired the first arrow at the boar. It charged at Frzrorp snarling. Fzorp only smiled as his newest arrow gleamed with a bright light, as he fired at the boar. The arrow struck the boar in the eye, as it was yelping, as it was stunned from the strike. Frzrorp noted the power of that technique as he began firing more arrows at the boar, killing it before it got into melee range. Frzrorp gazed at other boars, as he began combat against them. The boars were falling before Frzrorp's mighty onslaught of arrows, while Frzrorp guided them around in the method that he felt would keep them furthest away, while maintaining a steady attack using arrows. One boar managed to get close to him to unleash a dangerous bite, but Frzrorp simply laughed at the boar, as he jumped back an incredible distance. The boar was angry as he charged upon Frzrorp, but he fired more arrows causing the death of the boar. Frzrorp glanced at the fallen boar, before returning his attention to the Dark Lady and saluting. "尊敬的黑暗女王,是你的刀片为您服务是否正常?" (Honorable Dark Lady, is your blade serving you properly?)

Last edited by a moderator:
Papa Gigante chased after GoldenKing, it has been a long time since Gigante has found someone as enthusiastic about getting good as him. If anyone had seen him without the mask as he followed GoldenKing, they would have seen the stupid grin of a boy finding a friend. He followed GoldenKing until they hit a field full of boars. They must have had some luck, as the field was occupied by only a small number of players, a luxury Gigante was sure they weren't going to have forever.

Before just blindly charging into battle, he turned to his friend and put his hand on GoldenKing's shoulder. He pointed towards the boars, and started to swing his sword around a bit to try to ask GoldenKing if he was ready to start combat. Gigante still wasn't entirely convinced of what the man from before said about his life being on the line, but he wasn't going to risk finding out just yet by rushing into a battle without support. Judging by GoldenKing's apparel, he must a melee fighter as well, which means they will be lacking in buffs and heals. This won't be too much of a problem if they kill the boars before they can do too much damage.

Cirque let out a guffaw of laughter as some girl a ways a way was bowled over by some guy. Jumping down from her bench she started heading in their direction. There were only two of them and so they might be looking for a third member for there group, if they even were a group, but even if not. The girl was a mage, so she probably had some kick ass buffs and maybe some healing spells. And with the tank! They would make a pretty bad ass team! Magic, Stealth and Brute Force for the win--

"Whoa-ahh!" Cirque let out a surprised shriek as she tripped over someone's ridiculously long cape and flew into the person that she had been trying to send a request to. Getting to her feet slowly, Cirque rubbed her hand where she had hit the ground (and the girl!) and brushed herself off. "Sorry!" She cried out, as she tried to help the other girl up, but there wasn't really much that a ten year old kid could do in this situation. "Uhh...Wanna group up?" She suggested, going with the 'let's forget I just knocked you down after you were already knocked down' route.

Elsa was lying face down on the ground, her head sticking out at a strange angle. Thankfully, damage was negated within the city borders, so she wasn't hurt. Only fairly annoyed over having been knocked down twice over the course of a few minutes, and having her rather important conversation be disturbed. With a disgruntled rumble she got up, about to scold the person who had the nerve to... Her train of thought trailed off when she saw that the perpetrator was a rather cute, young girl. She was even asking if she could team with her! Elsa gulped, a slight blush blooming on her cheeks.

"Oh, don't mind me. I'm getting used to this sort of thing. And of course I can't say no if you ask so nicely."

She sent a quick friend request to the girl, who's username was apparently Cirque. An assassin wasn't exactly top priority on members Elsa wanted on her team right now, but she really couldn't resist the spunk of the cutie in front of her. She turned back to Arthas, smiling gently.

"Well, looks like I got my first team member before you even had a chance of answering. So what do you say, want to join us?"

Reactions: Mundane Monster
Naomi resisted the urge to pump her fist into the air because it was pretty crowded and she might end up punching a future teammate, and that was the last thing she wanted after knocking them down already.

She was actually pretty surprised that the mage had accepted her party request though! And she sent a friend request (which Cirque accepted) on top of that! Maybe mom was right and manners do come in handy after all...Naomi began to think, but then dismissed the thoughts from her mind. She was so not going to think about her mom right now! She was still mad at her and she didn't want her mom haunting her thoughts and stopping her from having the time of her life--err the rest of her life. "Thanks! This is gonna be awesome! I'm Cirque by the way--Well my name is Naomi in real life. What's your name?" She chattered, glancing between the mage and the tank.

Julie Yin
Julie swung her sword, smacking away a boar. She panted heavily, leaning against her sword. The flames vanished, leaving the blade looking just like any other. "唉" (Yep) Julie answered to Xong. It was a bit tiring to keep in character for too long, especially when she actually had to use a character's mannerisms instead of simply typing in words and actions. She stretched her back, then reached her hand up to adjust her glasses. Then she realized, that in the world of Fortune Fantasy, she didn't have or really need glasses. Julie sighed then turned fully to Frzorp, putting her sword away.

"我认为最万无一失的方法获得XP是用法的任务" (I think that the easiest way to gain XP right now is through quests) Julie stated. "让我们头回进城" (Let's head back to town) she said.

Yong returned his bow upon his back. He glanced at Julie and nodded, "虽然我很享受一个良好的日常研磨,倒不如急于获得的经验点。那里一定会有很多任务度外的商人区,支线任务可能喜欢收集10个野猪的獠牙或类似的东西。" (While I do enjoy a good daily grind, it would be better to rush the experience points gained. There are bound to be plenty of Quest Givers in the Merchant District, probably quests like collect 10 boar tusks or something similar.) Yong glanced back at the boars, and staring at the fields for some-time, judging the texture of it, and remarking on how combat felt earlier.

Yong began heading towards town, as he gestured a "follow me" gesture to Julie. He kept a vigilante eye to spot those who were leaving town, to observe them and their basic state of mind, and began observing the path back to town. Yong was judging the game, as he headed back to town, textures, frame-rate, everything and anything that he could as he took a quick mental note on the subject.

GoldenKing looked at the field of boars, smirking.

"Today, Gigante, we fight boars. Tomorrow... we shall defeat dragons!"

GoldenKing slowly drew out his halberd, staring at all the beasts that were before him. GoldenKing raised his halberd with one hand into the air, as he began to swirly twirl the thing in a circular motion. Gradually, he began to spin the blade faster -- and faster -- and faster. Soon, the thing was practically a blur above his head, the grass around his character flattening some.

"Forth we go, Gigante! To battle -- NAY, TO VICTORY!" GoldenKing shouted, a frenzied look of pure joy in his eyes. Indeed, GoldenKing lived to feel the thrill of battle -- even if they were only boars. Much like when he played other MMOs, GoldenKing would not merely kill one boar at a time. He ran around the field, attacking as many boars as he could -- till he got to about 5. He was using all of his concentration to avoid them while he was gathering them up, until...

"ZEALOUS BARRAGE!" GoldenKing shouted, as his halberd was suddenly twirling and slashing. His blade had a slight red and golden glow to it, so when it moved so quickly... honestly, it looked like a bizarre and captivating laser light show. It was liable to give somebody an epileptic seizure, at the rate things were going. Anyway, GoldenKing was up against a timer: have the boars die in a short amount of time, or his own demise.

"COME, GIGANTE! SLAY THESE BEASTS, LEST OUR JOURNEY END HERE! FOR GLORY, MY FRIEND!"

GoldenKing was hacking and slashing like there was no tomorrow -- every wound upon his body was met with tenfold the amount of attacks in return. Indeed, GoldenKing was thrilled by having his life at risk -- call him a maverick or a mad man, but the GoldenKing was a man who lived the battle, breathed the battle, and would make his enemies die the battle.

Reactions: 2 people
Julie had mixed feelings of having a companion. On the bright side, she didn't have to fight alone, she could complete quests fairly easily, and she had a meat shield. On the down side, she was sort of responsible for him, she had no leadership skills, and he speaks a language that she has limited knowledge in. Then suddenly, Julie snapped out of her trance. She neared the village and had to put her character back on. Julie shook her head straightened up her body.

"FRZORP, 我的射手" (Frzorp, my archer) the dark master started "我们是附近的村民. 准备" (We're close to the village, get ready)

Fzorp had just realized that the Dark Lady called for him, and he was busy examining the map that was in the park. Fzorp activated his ability, Need for Speed, as he rushed back before the Darkedgelord and bowed, "我正在执行侦察。有一个小酒馆,这将是最有用的给你...我建议去那里。" (I was performing reconnaissance. There is a tavern, which would be most useful to you... I suggest going there.) Fzorp knelt down before Darkedgelord, holding his left hand out with the palm open. "我的道歉行动没有你的命令,我的黑暗女王。但我想,这样一个琐碎的任务没有西装的人的口径。" (My apologies for acting without your command my Dark Lady. But I figured that such a menial task was not suiting for someone of your caliber.) Fzorp kept his eyes down, as he stared away from Darkedgelord, and remained in a kneeling position.

Julie Yin

"是啊" (Yeah) Julie nodded, before shaking her head.

The Dark Lady reached for the map, swiping it from her servant's hand. "Hahaha" she laughed, before putting it in her inventory. The Lady made her way to the tavern, swaying her hips about as if to entice the town's people. Her step was light, though there was still a soft tapping sound as she made her way through the town. She did not respond to looks, regardless of what emotion they showed. She was only focused on her goal. She did not look back either, knowing full well that Frzrorp was following close behind, keeping her safe. DarkedgeLord's own expression was calm and composed.

She stopped in front of the building, scanning it around. Obviously, it was just like any other building except it wasn't. This was the one the beautiful DarkedgeLord would grace with her presence. Slowly, she reached for the door handle and entered the tavern. She looked around seeing all the patrons. "Frzrorp" she started "为什么是它,你希望我们到这里来?" (Why are we here?)

Frzrorp followed Darkedgelord, keeping an eye on the environment as they passed through it. The denizens of this town, could potentially be useful, or a threat, and that was one of the many things he was analyzing. Of course Yong was analyzing the game itself, in a continuing task to judge it and determine it's flaws and strengths in order to best assess the game. He continued following Darkedgelord into the tavern, and he gazed around at the various patrons, the quality of the tavern, and most importantly any interesting individuals.

Yong, of course was interested in the NPCs of this building, and as such was keeping some of the closest eye on them, to determine what was their purpose, seeing if they were merchant NPCs, the most important Quest Givers, and of course just random NPCs to give the world some flavor.

Frzrorp glanced at Darkedgelord and spoke in a precise manner, "我们来这里是我的黑魔王的原因有很多。第一个原因是找到谁就会在某些任务支付丰厚的对我们服务的重要人物。它可以很简单,比如杀死更多的猥琐公猪,带来一个值得注意的项目到一个不同的个体,与人交谈或者激活散落全国的土地有五个神奇的宝石。这些任务将是更重要的不仅仅是杀死的野猪,这虽然有效,是不是有效,因为取任务的乡亲。另外,如果你做的事情对他们来说,这应是更容易把他们在你折我的黑暗女王。我们在这里的第二个目的是商品的交换。在这里,他们将提供资金用于各种物品,像野猪的獠牙,我们可以交换使用的物品,如食品。第三,有可能是其他人,除了那些谁将会拜倒为你做的工作对他们来说,谁可能是我们的。最后,是不是更好的了解你的未来持有通过检查他们所提供的?" (We are here my Dark Lord for many reasons. The first reason is to find important individuals who will pay handsomely for our services in some task. It could be as simple as slaying more of the wretched boars, bringing a noteworthy item to a different individual, talking to someone or perhaps activating five magical gems that were scattered across the land. These tasks will be of more importance than merely slaying the boars, which while effective, is not as effective as taking quests from the townsfolk. Plus, if you were to do things for them, it shall be easier to bring them under your fold my Dark Lady. The second purpose of us being here would be the exchanging of goods. Here they would offer money for various items, like boar tusks, which we could exchange for items of use, such as food. Thirdly, there could be other individuals, besides those who will grovel for you to do tasks for them, who could be of us. And finally, isn't it better to know about your future holdings by examining what they have to offer? )

Frzrorp nodded before the Dark Lady,
"这些都是我们在这里我列日的原因。" (These are the reasons we are here my liege.) after saying that Frzorp continued peering at the tavern, examining everything, before fixating his gaze on the bartender, who he gave a quick beckoning motion.

Joey sighed loudly as he entered the bar. He'd spent an hour and a half perfecting his avatar. It was perfect, the right shape, the best chest. All down the drain in place of his real face.
He'd ganked just enough low level enemies to get some gp flowing; now it was time to drown his misery in alcohol. As the cold virtual beer flowed past his teeth though, it did occur to him this was a neat situation. No boss breathing down his neck. No neighbor yelling at him for shouting 'Oh Akari-chan, you're so kawaii'. Plus he got RPG powers or something, so that was cool. The more he thought, the more he found this to be a pretty cool situation.

Even as he wanted to gank his way to the top, he kinda hoped they'd Patch in an extra fifty floors before they finish.

Green = Gigante (for now) ]
Yellow/Golden = GoldenKing ]
Previously on their quest, Papa Gigante was witnessing GoldenKing soloing 5 boars at once. Not wanting to already have their journey end, Gigante decided he should help out. He ran over to the boars and started to throw out obscene gestures that were unsuitable for children in an attempt to taunt them. Thankfully, the boars noticed and charged at him instead. Instead of equipping the shield on his back, he merely put his second hand on his sword and swung. Thats when he realized he did minimal damage to only one boar. Gigante got smacked by one before he rolled through the others.

GoldenKing, seeing Gigante taunt the animals away from him, felt his heart swell with joy. Alas! I have found a man who is so eager to slay beasts, to gain glory, that he would even pull them away from my onslaught in order to gain glory for himself! Woe, my heart is filled with joy! GoldenKing thought to himself. He realized that his health was going down at a pace that one might refer to as "faster than gradual" -- A.K.A., he was losing health fast. Luckily, with Zealous Barrage, it would help his ability to damage the boars. Indeed, GoldenKing realized that these boars -- while not extraordinarily strong -- were able to dodge with finesse. Knowing this, GoldenKing had launched a risky, but powerful, maneuver when he went into the fight. By using Zealous Barrage, his attack speed was increased greatly for a short period of time, whilst the damage he took also increased (50% for each). This would allow him to dish out more damage to the boars, as he could send out more attacks. Whichever target that GoldenKing would decide to attack, he would slash his blade in front of their faces, as an unbelievably bright light would crack like lightning. This was a skill of the lightblade -- Blinding Light. It would stun the target for a short amount of time, also increasing the damage that could be dealt to these boars. These boars, due to their numbers, could certainly dish out a large amount of damage to GoldenKing... but GoldenKing wasn't built to take damage. No... he was built to be a weapon of massive and glorious destruction. The philosophy was this: I kill you all before you can kill me. Of course, if GoldenKing had a healer...
Magical things would happen.
Magical.

GoldenKing returned his attention to the boars, as he wildly laughed as he hacked and slashed.

"Come, beasts! See if you cannot defeat the GoldenKing! Nay... see if you can SURVIVE the GoldenKing!"

Papa Gigante saw the damage output GoldenKing was doing. Those moves he was doing were not just simple swings, but skills. Gigante looked into what skills he had given himself again to make sure, and found that he only gave himself a 100% dodge roll and a taunt. Essentially, Papa Gigante could hold the attention of an enemy and not get hit, but his damage output would be poor. Gigante observed GoldenKing while running from the boars, he knew that GoldenKing at the very least didn't have a shield, which would mean that he would be taking a lot of damage if he got hit. Well, neither did Gigante, but that was for style reasons, not class specific reasons.

That's when a light bulb flashed in his mind, as long as Gigante had their attention, who cares whether or not he was doing a lot of damage if GoldenKing attacked from behind. Gigante went and taunted them some more with more provocative gestures and swings with his sword when there were clear openings, rolling when things got hairy. He started to group the boars in a way that would allow GoldenKing to easily snipe out the boars one by one.

GoldenKing saw this initiative on Gigante's side. Gigante had put himself in harm's way so that GoldenKing could more easily strike down these beasts. With all of the boars off of him, he was no longer taking damage... and that meant that he could afford to lose some health.

One percent per second, perhaps?

"Prepare yourselves, fiends! ... Holy Martyr!" GoldenKing shouted, as his swings suddenly became harder, visibly causing more damage. Hack, slash, hack slash... but it was not enough! Surely these beasts would die, but that would put Gigante, his loyal compatriot, at risk.
"Keep their attention, brave Gigante... for here comes a hurricane of might!"

"Zealous Barrage! BLINDING LIGHT!"
From GoldenKing, golden light out poured. He had stunned one of the boars, and was currently doing -- due to the stun's special effect and Holy Martyr's ability -- 35% more damage. Not only that, but mixed with Zealous Barrage... he was attacking 50% faster. For every few slashes that he would inflict upon these boars, however, one would notice that his health was slowly being leeched away. It was gradually lowering... by one percent per second. GoldenKing, if he were to be attacked at this moment, would die if he were up against a boss, most likely. Due to the fact that he has only the most basic of armors right now, added up with the fact he was -- till Gigante came in -- soloing five monsters.

But who needs to worry about that, right?

'Cos GoldenKing? He was making bacon.

Hack! Slash! Hack! Slash! Hackslash! Hackslashhackslash!

GoldenKing did not stop his relentless onslaught. The boars were falling one by one, till the whole group of them lay fallen before his feet. GoldenKing's health was rather low now -- at about 40%. He had lost the majority of his health due to his recklessness in fighting these beasts. Indeed, he had lost most of his health... but he had started his bloodshed. Soon, the blood of dragons, demons, and even gods would be at his blade...

...But first...
"More boars, Gigante! WE NEED TO SLAY MORE BOARS!"

Papa Gigante was pleased with the results, he only suffered enough damage to bring him to about 60%. They could definitely go against another group or two if he grabbed the enemy's attention in the beginning. Hearing the words of GoldenKing, he knew they must go on to defeat even more enemies for glory and honor.

He ran and grabbed 3 boars' attention just as GoldenKing had. He ran towards a forth one before his eyes saw a more worthy opponent, goblins. There were only two, but they were enough to set fire into the eyes of Papa Gigante, fires as hot as Death Valley and more fierce than a raging bull in a china shop full of red dishes.

He ran grabbed them both with two sword swings to grab their aggro before running back towards GoldenKing, waving his arms around to try to tell him to get ready.

And ready he was.

GoldenKing knew that, the moment Gigante took a step forward, he was going to achieve glory. For, in the life of the hero, every step forward is a step towards glory. Noticing the direction Gigante was moving immediately, and that Gigante was essentially made to be a shieldwall, GoldenKing prepared himself. Normally, most players would've stopped to rest.

Most players would've healed.
Most played would've slowed down....

...but heroes don't slow down. Heroes do not relent! Nay, for they must always be the first ones to stride forth with their comrades into battle! They must always fight evil, even if they are weak from exhaustion! For a hero is not a profession! Being a hero is not a choice! Being a hero... is a LIFE!
Anyway, so GoldenKing twirled his weapon in his hand, preparing for Gigante to bring those creatures back to him.

"Hold their attention, Gigante... ZEALOUS MARTYR!"
"Zealous Martyr" was not a skill that GoldenKing had. Indeed, it was not a skill that any player in the game had... it was, instead, just a combination of the skills Zealous Barrage and Holy Martyr. In using these skills simultaneously (as opposed to separately), several things happen: ONE. It sounds more heroic and original than all the other players shouting the same skills. TWO. It reduced downtime between skills, as you don't need to shout each individual spell.

GoldenKing began to hack and slash at the boars and goblins, chuckling heartily.
"Blinding Light!"
GoldenKing stunned one of the Goblins, marauding it with his halberd.

"I have invented a way to combine skills, my friend! I hereby dub this art of combining skills... Golden Synergy! Of course, you can tell me what you think about the name after we slay these beasts, Gigante!"

Papa Gigante knew that every compliment should be given when they are at their freshest. Wasting no time, even in the heat of battle, Gigante flashed him a thumbs up. The thumb was fully erected up, with every muscle used in the thumbed strained to its fullest to convey how amazing of a discovery it was.

There were slightly more pressing matters at hand though. Gigante kept the attention of the unstunned creatures to him to allow GoldenKing to safe engage the goblin, continuously rolling away from their attacks as best he can. He floated like a butterfly and stung like a slighty angry butterfly, finishing off a boar and taking more damage in return from two enemies. Gigante was down to about 30% health by now, the enemies were low as well, but he didn't have any AoE, or any offensive skills for that matter to finish them off before he would die himself.

OH! Only if Gigante actually read his skills before choosing them!

"Gigante! Your bravery is commendable... allow me to help your valiant efforts!" GoldenKing shouted, as he began to attack whatever target Gigante was on. He would damage it just enough till it was nearly dead -- literally, one swing away from death -- before marauding the next one. The idea was incredibly simple: focus on one target with two swords, it dies faster. Gigante takes less damage. Now that Gigante most certainly had the attention of the beasts with his taunts, there was no need for Gigante to attack each and every one of them (seeing as GoldenKing did not have any area of effect spells either, at this time).
"Swing your blade, Gigante! Swing your blade like you have never swung it before, lest we fall to these beasts! Our journey... it cannot end here! Our journey must ride forth like a majestic stallion upon the wings of an angel! Our journey shall not falter, not slow -- NAY, IT SHALL ONLY GAIN MOMENTUM! GIGANTE, WE ARE THE FIRST FLAKES IN THE BALL OF SNOW THAT SHALL SOON TURN INTO AN AVALANCHE OF JUSTICE! So FIGHT, Gigante! For GLORY, AND FOR HONOR!"
GoldenKing's hacking and slashing didn't relent, although he was most certainly feeling weaker now. They had just defeated five monsters and are slaying another six..! That is something that is unheard of in this world so far! (To be fair, this world has only been around for a small bit. But, give them some credit -- they have zero heals. All their survivability is in their skills to remove the enemy's survivability).

GoldenKing's health was now at about 19%. He was critically low on health, but the thought of failure -- of death -- never occurred to him. Nay, for it was impossible. GoldenKing would not die here, after a battle against a mere eleven monsters. Nay... GoldenKing would not fall even against eleven thousand monsters! For the GoldenKing was a man with the will to strive to become more than a man! A hero who had the strength to strive to be more than a hero! A King... who would strive to be more than a king!
"Gigante! Slay these foes! For, never forget, this is naught but the start to our glorious journey... to transcend mortality, to become gods within the legends! FIGHT, GIGANTE!"

Gigante noticed that GoldenKing was leaving every monster with a sliver of health left. Papa Gigante was deeply moved, to be given the final strike for all these beasts, GoldenKing was truly a saint in disguise to share the kills!

Seeing his health compared to the enemies, he could most likely take them down before he dies himself. Gigante charged in with reckless abandon, any time he spent not swinging his sword to slay a beast was more time the bests had to swing at him. For every swung he threw he was assaulted with twice the amount. There was no time to wait however, who knew how fast these creatures would respond, the last thing they needed were for the boars they slew recently to come back with a vengeance. The boars fell much like flies fall to a fly swatter, the problem he faced was with the goblin.

Not being constrained by a group. the goblin now had much more room to dodge Papa Gigante's attacks. Swing after swing they traded blows, both dodging and being unable to hit each other. This creature was almost the same as Gigante, fast, tricky, and no shield. Papa Gigante finally looked at his health, it was around 20%. It was around time to end this dance.

Papa Gigante taunted the creature one final time with a simple beckoning, causing the creature to charge straight at him. Th creatures in this land were alike the players, they grew angry, they knew how to dodge. There was one difference that separated them, it was determination, the determination for survival, the determination for escape, and more importantly, the determination for victory. He took stance to swing his weapon at the one time the enemy couldn't dodge, during their attack. At the middle of the goblin's swing, Gigante himself swung. If this wasn't a video game, maybe it would have felt more climatic with people unsure of who got the strike.

However as they were in a game, both hits naturally occurred leaving Gigante with 15% health left and the goblin dead. Gigante wasn't a foolish enough man to have his life depend on an attack speed difference after all.

GoldenKing, having finished off his enemies, prepared to strike down the others as he jumped around...! Only to find Gigante had slain the goblin that GoldenKing was going to kill.

"Grand job, Gigante! We have slain all eleven of these enemies!" GoldenKing said, a wide grin on his face. He was clearly joyed by their victory over these beasts, although his wanderlust and wish for glory wasn't nearly sated.
"In fact, brave Gigante, we've slain enough enemies, I'd wager, that we can call ourselves rank three in terms of skill. But this is not enough, Gigante! Come now, we return to the wondrous town of Vilaka to acquire grand quests and armors!"

With one last glance over the carnage that Gigante and he had strewn, with his hands on his hips, he smiled.
"Onwards, to Vilaka!" GoldenKing shouted before heading towards the town.

Papa Gigante nodded in agreement and followed behind him towards the town. After such a fight, they needed to rest and possibly get better gear to slay even more efficiently. More importantly than that, was to grab some good looking clothes instead of wearing their cruddy standard staring attire.

After all, what kind of legend wore such plain clothing?

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.