A Dark Union (King's Queen x Dyn01)

Sulynn found himself paying more attention to Karou than he was to Gabriel. 'Damn it! Couldn't he have just shook off the comment and not gone all crazy about it?!' The fact that he was not paying attention to Gabriel was not enough for him to guess where his blow was going, however. He sidestepped him, but his face did not show anything other than annoyance. His eyes narrowed, his brow furrowed, and his mouth was curved in a frown. "Seriously, if you believe her to be your woman, then pay closer attention to her!" he sucked his teeth at him, showing more emotion than he had at any moment that night. "Karou," he called out to her from his position. "you okay?"

Karou nodded as she straightened. "What is going on out here?!" A voice boomed suddenly, causing the girl to flinch out of surprise. Her father stood glaring at them, her mother hurrying to her side. "You, how dare you show up, disrupt the party, and lay a finger one my daughter?! Out, get out now!" Her father growled, glaring daggers at Gabriel. Karou was surprised he wasn't a melted puddle on the floor. When her father got into one of rages, nothing could stop him.

Gabriel gave Karou and Sulynn a black look before he left the balcony. Karou, meanwhile, was trying to fend off her mothers fussing hands, which at the moment were trying to fix her hair.

A deep breath in and out from Sulynn as the whole situation seemed to resolve itself around him. For what he was expecting to happen, the result was an unexpected good one. Gabriel now was out of the picture, depending on what it looked like to Karou's parents, he could have gotten them even more interested in him. All-in-all, a good achievement. Even though he was going through all of that in his mind, he still managed to give Garbriel a rather blank look. He didn't even know what he should have thought about the guy. Pathetic was the first word that came to his mind. 'If he was her boyfriend or something like that, then I think he's just as idealistic as her... If he wanted to marry her for power or whatever... He might have been even more stupid than I thought.' He looked over to Karou, noticing her trying to fend off her mother, and gave a small smile. "Well, I don't need to help you with this I don't think, Karou," he teased her. "Be careful." Putting his hands in his pockets, he moved back towards the door to join the party, satisfied with what he had done.

Karou scowled playfully at Sulynn, hiding a small smile. She finally sighed and let her mother do what she wanted. Her father followed the other male out, clapping him gratefully in his shoulder. "Thank you for standing up for my daughter." He said with a smile.

"Dear, just look at your hair!" Her mother said in horror, as she tried to fix Karou's hair which had fallen out of its up-do when Gabriel had shaken her. Karou sighed and let her mother drag her to the bathroom.

Sulynn gave Karou's father a toothy smile. He did not know how he would react to the scene that had unfolded, especially considering that he had known the guy that he was arguing with. "It is no problem," he replied with his usual precision. With the good mood between them, he decided to try to get some information about that guy, Gabriel. "Who was he anyways? A childhood friend? He certainly seemed rough with her... and even seemed to be close to her as well."

The man heaved a sigh. "Gabriel's father is a friend of mine. Gabriel and Karou grew up together. But, once they both hit puberty something changed. Gabriel started looking at Karou as more than a friend. She fended off his advances, telling him she didn't like him like that but he was persistent. Eventually it got to the point were no matter what Karou said Gabriel believes she is his." The man sighed again, shaking his head. Karou and her mother rejoined them, Karou looking slightly annoyed and her mother looking satisfied. Karou's hair had been brushed, her bangs pulled away from her face. "Dear." Her father said, greeting his wife.

That certainly explained a lot. So Gabriel was just a childhood friend that was desperate to be something more with Karou. In some way, he was happy when he heard that. That meant that he was not an obstruction in one way. At the same time, he had to admit that there was most likely other people outside of Gabriel who was aiming for Karou for a reason. 'And not all of them are going to be hormonal guys that are easy to provoke,. Karou and her mother soon came back, surprising him at how long he spent talking to Karou's father about Gabriel. "Karou," he greeted her with a small smile, unintentionally mirroring Karou's father.

Karou gave him a small smile in return. Her mother smiled and made shooing gestures at them. "You kids go. Talk, get to know each other. I'll come get you when we're ready to go Karou." Her mother said. Karou blinked then looked at Sulynn, wondering what to say.

Sulynn was taken aback by Karou's mother's gesture, so much so that he had simply dumbly smiled at her for a moment. "Ah," he finally spoke up after a few moments went by. "Shall we go back out to the balcony?" He pointed back at the door covered by the beautiful blinds. "We can talk more privately there."

Karou nodded and walked over to the door. Out of the corner of her eye she could see her mother smirking to herself and her father just shaking his head.

Sulynn could not see Karou's parents reactions, but he could see the people around them notice them. It was weird. Not even an hour ago, the two of them were able to dance together without drawing too much attention to themselves. Now, the whole party seemed to ebb and flow around them. Not all of the reactions were good, mind you. The Crueset line was well-known, yes, but as to truly understand them? Not many human families did. So Sulynn, as the mysterious heir to the Crueset line, was getting critiqued for every little thing he did. 'It was certainly suffocating in here anyways...' As soon as the two were outside, Sulynn rested against the railing and looked over to Karou.

"Are you okay?" he asked her. "Your father told me about him. I know that I stepped in there before anything truly serious happened, but for a childhood friend to be like that..."

Karou sighed and leaned her elbows on the railing as she gazed up at the night sky. "Gabriel used to be my best friend. I don't know what happened. He changed, started seeing me as a prize to be won. He couldn't have me and that made he try even harder." She sighed again and looked at him. "Thank you, by the way. For coming to my rescue." She said, giving him a small smile.

Sulynn gave a small shrug. Honestly, Gabriel did not come off as much of a treat to him. From what he saw, he was impulsive and emotional, a combination that Sulynn could deal with easily if he needed to. He gave her a small smile back, as he walked to the railing as well and rested against it. "Don't mention it too much," he replied. "Something like that is something that I've been taught to not allow." He folded his hands in a tent as he looked up towards the night sky. "And it is partially my fault, is it not? Being forced into all of this..."

Karou shook her head firmly. "Your fault is no more than my own. We're both being forced into it. And besides, Gabriel has always been a live wire, I've been expecting him to snap for a while no so tonight shouldn't really have surprised me." The girl answered with a small shrug of her delicate shoulders.

"Expecting it?" he repeated her, a noticeable wince appearing on his face. He rested his chin on the palm of his hand. "It looks like the two of us seem to have our share of problems." At the core of it, he did not feel as if his 'problems' were getting in his way, nor was he given any kind of delusions of freedom by his family. "Well, I am lucky. I had no idea how you were going to be, but it seems that you're a really good person."