A Dark Union (King's Queen x Dyn01)

Sulynn's parents had gotten to the party in advance, and had not seen their son since arriving. But they were sure that he was working on developing a good rapport with everyone else around them. They, on the other hand, wanted to continue talking with their soon-to-be family. Carolyn, Sulynn's mother, had let out a small laugh at a joke that was told in her vicinity as Karou approached. Jerid, on the other hand, had his arm around Carolyn's waist as the two talked. He was the first to notice the woman that was approaching them and gave her a small, welcoming wave. "Karou, right?" he asked, pointing her out to the other three in their group.

Carolyn was the first to react. "Karou, it's so nice to see you!" she gave her the same blinding smile that Sulynn had just given a few minutes prior. "Have you seen my son? I think he's trying to hide himself in all of this... Never has been one for the spotlight, that one."

Karou realized that these were her soon to be in-laws. She gave them a polite smile as she stopped at her parents side. "Yes, Ma'am, I saw him walking that way just a few minutes ago." She answered, pointing into the direction Sulynn had gone in.

"Ah, I see," Carolyn responded, her smile not leaving her face as she looks over Karou. It was her first time meeting her outside of the pictures that she had been given of her. "You certainly do look stunning." Carolyn steps away from her husband's embrace and starts moving in the direction that Karou said Sulynn had gone in. "I'll go and grab him. We should be doing the announcement shortly."

Karou's cheeks darkened and she looked at her shoes in embarrassment. Her mother cleared her throat, a reminder. Karou sighed and lifted her head, holding it proudly like her parents had drilled into her. "Hold your head up high. Do not so weakness." Karou's eyes wandered around, slightly bored as she watched people dance and mingle. She watched as some of her cousins flirted with a couple of boys and her heart yearned to be able to be like them, to be able to choose who she wanted to spend her life with.

Carolyn soon came back with Sulynn coming up behind her, his hands at his sides and giving small smiles to whomever looked in his direction. He noticed the look in Karou's eyes as he approached, or more of what she was looking at. But he chose not to say anything, maybe because he did not understand what exactly it meant if it meant anything. Sulynn gave a smile to Karou's parents before giving them a bow. "It is nice to finally meet you," he greeted, standing straight and looking them both straight in the eyes as he talked. "My name is Sulynn Crueset, although you probably already know who I am."

Karou's mother was almost beside herself with happiness. All of Karou's life her mother has been set on her marrying the perfect gentlemen. And it seemed Sulynn, with his impeccable mannerisms and behavior was by far the best thing her mother could ever have dreamed of. By the look in her mothers eyes, Karou knew there would be no way she was getting out of this marriage. "It's very nice to meet you dear. I hope you will take very good care of our little Karou." Her mother said with a giggle. Karou sputtered, cheeks now a flaming red as she gave her mother a horrified look. "M-Mother!"

Sulynn could not help but cast a glance in Karou's direction. Seeing her reaction, he let out a small laugh- a truly honest one. "I will try my best, Karou," he gave her a small smile, not sure if she would return it at all. To his side, Carolyn was matching her excitement for Karou. Her embarrassment was something that she found to be cute and she always had a weakness for cute things, Sulynn noticed. The conversation between the two families were enough to draw the attention on the people around them, and whomever was in the know had their attention on the two young people who seemed to be at the center of it all.

Karou felt her cheeks grow even redder but she returned his smile with a real, if somewhat hesitant one of her own. Karou saw his mother almost as excited as her own and Karou knew that Sulynn probably wouldn't be able to back out of it either. "Well then, shall we get the ball rolling with the speech my dear?" Her father asked his wife, who nodded. "Yes, come Karou."

Sulynn looked over to his parents, who gave him a nod. With that nod, he moved after Karou as soon as her and her parents began moving. He was not sure about how they would actually announce the engagement, as he never had any siblings and was the first one of his small group of friends to be set up to be married, so he simply followed. He looked over to Karou, nothing that she seemed to at least be getting a little bit less uncomfortable- well, he hoped at least. He sighed. Standing in front of his mirror and thinking about it was certainly easier than actually being in the crowd, having to face the announcement head on.

Karou sensed someone near her and looked over to see it was Sulynn. She gave him a timid smile as she followed her parents to the stage. She really hoped they wouldn't make her give a speech. Her father grabbed the microphone and called for everyone's attention. He smiled, looking at the crowd. "I would like to thank you all for coming today. As you know, it's a very special day for my little girl. Today, I am proud to announce that my daughter is engaged!" Cheers rang out and Karou tried not to fidget as all the eyes turned towards her.

Sulynn noticed when he was walking alongside Karou, she had given him one of her timid smiles once again. Before he could say anything, the announcement began and the eyes that he felt coming in, and dancing, and talking to people only seemed to intensify. Looking out to the crowd, he could notice some glares that were strong enough to pierce through armor, melt steel, and mortally poison. But he was prepared for it. He was not used to it, but he was prepared for it. He could hide his own anxiety. However, a quick glance to Karou showed that she was dealing with it quite worse than he was. The one thing that his parents had always taught him was always showing no weakness, even if he did have any.

He motioned to Karou's father to pass him the microphone and when he did, he began speaking, "Hello. My name is Sulynn Crueset, the only son of my mother." Turning his body towards Karou, he took a few steps towards her. "For those who do not know me, you will soon know and I hope that we all can develop a strong relationship and bond." He wraps an arm around Karou. "Because I hope to be here for as long as life allows me to do so. That is not only a message to you, but also to those who are not with us right now." He gave the microphone back to Karou's father before wrapping Karou in a tight hug. He put his lips close to her ear and whispered quietly to her, "Keep your head up. If you can't, then stay here. No one will think anything bad of you if you stay here."

Karou blinked in surprise when Sulynn took the mic and began to speak. She was even more surprised when he walked over and wrapped an arm around her. She hadn't expected the contact and froze from the shock of it. She was slightly jolted back to reality when he handed the mic back and hugged her. She could feel her mothers piercing gaze, could almost hear her mother shouting orders in her head. And so Karou returned the hug. She heard his words whispered in her ear and nodded very slightly, to show she understood.

Sulynn understood the nod, as he watched his parents reacting in front of him. Both of them seemed to understand what was going on, but still had knowing smirks on their faces. He would admit, it would be bad for him as well as them if Karou was to do anything that would get her in bad favor with the people at the party. He kept a blank look on his face, but he was turned away from the audience so not many others could see him. "Anyways," Carolyn spoke up with a bright smile. "We should continue on with the party! Shall we not?" She glanced over to Karou's mother and father, hoping that they would support her suggestion without too much trouble.

Her parents nodded and the music started up once again. Her parents walked off the stage, immediately surrounded by people wishing to know more details. Karou knew she should join them but she found she really didn't want to move. The announcement had made it real. Up until this point Karou had been half hoping it was all a dream and she would wake up soon but...it appears fate is not on her side. She sighed, closing her eyes for a moment.

Sulynn had let out a small sigh as he had gotten off the stage. Ye, there were some people who were interested in talking to him but many of them were more absorbed with trying to get information from Karou. He slipped under the radar- probably because they didn't know him that well yet. Approaching his parents, his father gave him a small nudge in the stomach. "It looks like it'll take a little while for her to come around to this," he advised Sulynn, who responded with a nod. He had lived for a while in a place where love was at least somewhat there. But politics had a lot to do with these kinds of relationships. "Don't worry. As long as we are resolute in our stance, she'll go along with it for the time being."

Living a life without love. Although he had believed in this, it seemed that Karou was still hanging onto the idea of being married to someone that they loved. The engagement was now confirmed... and yet even Sulynn could not help but feel numb. Maybe she was not the only one who was not keen about the whole arranged marriage.

Karou stayed on the stage for a moment, collecting herself before she stepped off. A hand caught her arm, jerking her back and her head shot up to stare at Gabriel in surprise. His lip was curled back as if disgusted and his eyes burned with anger. "Karou, a moment?" He didn't wait for an answer, just simply drug the sputtering girl off the stage and out to the balcony.

Once the door was shut he whirled on her. She flinched back slightly at the anger distorting his face. His fists were clenched with barely suppressed rage. "How...How could you agree to something like this?!" He burst out, "You were supposed to be mine, mine!" With each word he shouted, his grip grew tighter on her arm until she was whimpering in pain and trying to pull away. "Gabriel stop it! Release me!" Her words had no effect as he gripped her with both hands and shook her, hard. Karou gasped, her teeth clicking together from the violent motion.

Sulynn's father, after leaving him with some words of advice, went back to mingling with the other people in the party. Although he did not always act like it, he was a caring, willing husband and father. Sulynn let out a sigh, and was about to return to the party when he saw a man approach Karou. He looked like he was of their age. Maybe a childhood friend or something like that? Regardless, he looked angry from the quick view that he saw of him and Sulynn could feel something run up his spine. Uneasiness, maybe? Regardless, he decided to follow.

The balcony was where they ended up going to, and Sulynn followed quietly. The actual balcony door was covered with blinds, so he moved the blinds over to get a better view of the scene. Just judging from the slamming of the door and the body language, Sulynn could tell that he was pissed off. He rapped against the balcony door, but it seemed that they were too engaged in their back-and-forth for them to notice. Then his eyes drifted off to Karou and he noticed that same frightened look on her face that he saw earlier. 'There is no time for this, is there?' He opened the door, knocked on it harder than he did before, and then closed it behind them. "You should let her go. She clearly does not like you touching her like that."

Karou jumped in surprise when the balcony door opened and none other than Sulynn stepped out. Gabriel turned and glared at him. "Oh yeah, and what are you going to do if I don't? I don't care if she is marrying you. She's mine!" Gabriel snarled and yanked Karou closer to him, the girl crying out in surprise and pain as her she stumbled in her heels and her right ankle twisted slightly.

Sulynn gave a questioning look on his face as he crossed his arms and looked at Gabriel. Clearly, the guy had a strong attachment to Karou that was borderline obsessive. He almost could not help but laugh at his words, though. If what he said was true, then why would he have been acting the way that he was not even moments after their engagement getting announced?

"So?" questioned Sulynn as he stared blankly into Gabriel's eyes. He could not help but not find the man to be a threat on many levels. "Even she doesn't care if I was engaged to be married to her, don't you know? If you have someone you want to hurt, then come over here and fight me instead. I'm the main issue. Fix me and everything's done." His left eyebrow raised as he scoffed and nudged in his direction. "However, to act this way... You're not too strong-willed are you?"

Gabriel snarled and lunged at the other male, swinging his fist at him. Karou cried out and tried to grab him but she stumbled once more, grabbing the railing on the balcony for balance.