A Complicated Relationship

• Thread starter roseprincess2144
  • Start date
  • So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
If his observations were correct, he'd have a job in a week, which meant that he would be on campus far too often to simply avoid her entirely, and he felt a bit odd. He couldn't just let her walk around in a cloud, but he didn't want her to remember that he'd drank her blood against her will, told her she wasn't to scream. It was, in a word, confusing. Completely and utterly useless in situations like these, PJ just listened to her speak, and then he watched her go, head tilted with consideration before he ran after her, sure he was about to do something stupid. "What were you hoping?" He asked softly, hand settling on her shoulder carefully. He let his eyes travel over her once more, lingering on every artery. Wow, his tastes had changed a lot.

Well that idea was a brilliant waste of time Rose thought. She had had no idea what she was hoping when she went after that stranger. It was an impulse move that had probably made her look rather crazy. Great that's exactly what she needed; For some stranger to walk around and tell people she was a lunatic. She hoped that the drive home would clear her mind of all this. When she was just about to get in her car she felt a hand on her shoulder and listened as he asked what she was hoping for. Rose turned slightly towards him and said, "This may seem strange but my memory from the other night is a little fuzzy so I was hoping maybe talking to you would clear things up but well it was a silly idea."

He had to wonder what she thought she could hope to accomplish by seeking him, a 'stranger', out. That was mostly why he did it, and he also didn't want her believing herself completely insane, either. So he was going to hear her out and see what she was thinking, going up to a complete stranger and asking him something like that. He didn't know that his tale had been all that believable, so he was going to speak with her now. "No, not really. I'm just not sure how much I can say would really help you out there. You see, we didn't talk for too exceptionally long. I'd be willing to try though. I know what it's like to lose your memory, even of one instance in your life." He told her with a shrug. Hopefully, this would be something he could manage, without drinking her blood and wiping her memory all over again.

Rose turned all the way around so she was facing him. She couldn't believe that he was willing to help her. Even though there was probably nothing he could to make her memory any clearer. It was nice knowing that he wanted to help. Well I guess first things first gotta introduce myself she thought. "I appreciate you helping me, even though I know there's a chance that things may not change. Well I guess we should start with our names. I'm Rose." she said holding out her hand for him to shake. For some reason she felt like she had already done this. Deja vu much? she thought

He looked over the girl once more, just for curiosity's sake, and then extended his hand to shake her. "It's nice to meet you Rose. I'm PJ." He said, voice soft. Oh, the council would be throwing a fit by this point if they could see him. This was 'dangerous'. Letting mortals get the best of you was like you wanted to cheat death, and that kind stayed permanent if done right. So, he'd leave out the vampireness and go on. "Where would you like to do this at?" He asked, letting go of her hand easily. He waited to hear a response, a small smile on his face.

When he mentioned that his name was PJ, Rose could feel that little box rattle even harder this time. Why does this guy seem so familiar? she thought. It's like the answer was on the tip of her tongue but yet she couldn't figure it out. When he asked where, Rose'e stomach growled right on cue. She laughed a little bit and said, "I guess in my rush this morning I skipped out on breakfast. So how about we grab a bite to eat? Is pizza alright?" Rose knew the perfect little pizza parlor on campus that served huge slices. The thought of it made her mouth water.

PJ's problem was that she was stuck with him. The council had relocated him there because he moved around too much, bringing too much attention to himself for everyone else's safety. Spreading his face around the country would mean that he couldn't circle back later if he was recognized, and he probably would have to if he wanted to survive. She suggested food, telling him of her skipped meal. "Pizza sounds fine to me." He told her honestly with a simple nod. It'd been a long time since he'd wandered into a restaurant and he almost looked forward to it.

Rose almost jumped with joy, that's how hungry she was at the moment. "Great!" Rose said, "It's kind of a little ways from here. So hop in, i'll give you a ride." She didn't know if he brought his car or not so she thought it better to just suggest taking hers. Thank goodness she had cleaned it out the other day or else that would have been embarrassing. Rose got into her car and put her purse in the back. She took her sunglasses out from overhead and waited for PJ to get into the car.

(I'm really behind on my replies. I'll try and get to this tonight)

(Sorry it took so long)

She looked happy for one reason or another, and he relaxed a bit, not nearly as worried about this as he should have been. He wasn't supposed to associate with humans. "Okay." He said with a nod, and was glad for that because he didn't have a car of his own. There was no need for one. Sure, he was wealthy, but cars were traceable. It made things far less secretive on his end if people could look him up. PJ got into the car and closed the door behind him, and waited for her to drive whereever it was they were going.

Rose reversed out of the parking lot and drove out onto the street. She wasn't exactly sure where the pizza place was because she hadn't been there in a while so she searched for it on her GPS. Found it! she thought clicking on the address and waiting for the directions to begin. "So PJ," Rose said hoping to start some light conversation. "What are you studying here?" Rose had always found people's majors and why they chose them to be really fascinating. This feels like deja vu she thought.

He paid more attention to his surroundings than he did her, because she was harmless at this point in her life. She had to search for their destination in the GPS, something he'd seen but never really had a reason to use. He was pretty good at going until he hit a town that seemed sizeable enough. He looked over at her when she said his name, and he decided to tell her the same thing he'd told her last night. "Religious theory." PJ told her simply, and then he returned the question, despite knowing it already. "Yours?"

"I'm majoring in environmental science. But that's boring tell me more about Religious theory?" Rose asked. Why did all of this feel so familiar she thought. Major deja vu. Rose drove on for a little while longer before turning off the main road and pulling into the parking lot of small pizza parlor. Rose turned off the car and looked at PJ waiting to hear his answer.

"I really don't think environmental science is boring.." He told her, but told her a brief overview of Religious theory. "Basically, it's making theories about the religions of the past and today alike. Although the monotheistic religions do not approve, the polytheistic religion that used to be dominant some time ago is still in existence." He told her with a shrug, not really wanting to talk about this too much. She could remember him if she wanted, just not how he'd drank her blood and all. That didn't seem like something she'd approve of. She'd parked by this time, and he waited for her to get out.

Rose remembered hearing those words before. Funny but it seemed like her memory was coming back a little. She remembered walking with someone last night and them telling her about their Religious Studies major. Plus there was a hazy picture in her head that reminded her of PJ for some reason. "So when did you say we met?" Rose asked PJ after locking her car and inside.

He opened his door and got out, closing it behind him. He looked at her over the car roof and it almost took a second to recall the lie he'd told. "I came up to you outside your building, asking for directions to my flat." He replied with an easy smile. He walked with her into the restaurant, and they were seated almost immediately. Besides Rose's voice, all PJ registered was the music in the background and the mindless conversation between companions.

Rose noticed his really slight hesitation but brushed it off as nothing. She walked with PJ into the restaurant and sat down opposite him. Rose's memory was coming back in bits and pieces and the piece that came back was that PJ definitely was walking with her before she got to her building. She didn't mention it though, instead she said, "Oh really? Where do you live?"