A Child Brought Up In War

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
"She was someone I had known for a long time, and she has been long gone. She was my mentor, she was apart of the order and my mentor to become apart of it. I fell in love with her and we fled the order, but we didn't make it far."

That was more than enough to make Kieara feel second rate. She spoke. "Alexander I am sick and damn tired of you hiding things from me. I am sick of it! I've been completely honest with you and you can't even give me the same respect? I've not hid anything from you. You promised you weren't hiding anything from me." She spoke and with that disappeared into the back of the cart. She didn't want to be around him right now.

He had been lying to her for a while now. Most of the things he said to her were lies, but sometimes truth was harsher. Alexander looked back at her and then forward at the road. "I have to lie to you because I don't want to hurt you. Kieara, I love you with all of my being, but I can't put you in risk of what The Order has shown me. There have been other women sure, but that time has past. I have told you this before, if you want to leave you may, but you won't get far. Cobalt is out for me and so is most of The Order. They want to replace me, and the only way they can do that is if I choose an apprentice, or they kill me. We've been through to much to dwell on the past, we are here to stay alive, and if you aren't willing to try to survive.... Then so be it."

"It hurts me worse when you lie and hide things Alexander! I'm tired of it! It's not fair to me when I've not held anything back from you! It's not fair! You think I haven't seen my share of things? I have! If you loved me as much as you say you wouldn't lie!"

"Then I'll tell you the truth." Alexander collected his thoughts and then pulled the cart to an alley to talk to her. He jumped to the back of the cart and sat next to her. "I have killed many, thieving isn't the only thing I do for money. The Order has hold of me until I die, unless I present them with a apprentice, and in this case it will be a child. When The Order is done with me I will either be let free, or I will be executed. You on the other hand will be never watched again, put on a list of people to protect. They do this so that if an enemy were to capture you, they would kill you first." Alexander caught his breathe for a moment and then continued to speak. "Your child was meant to be my apprentice, which I hadn't planned for a first, or at all until you told me about her origins. Gehenian warriors are strong and fierce, so she would be too. In the night they would have taken her. We wouldn't have known until the next day, and then we would have our own child. I would renounce my name as Shadowmere, and then our lives would be simpler." Alexander spoke in a unemotional tone, like he didn't care.

Kieara stared at him dumbfounded. "Do you not care about any of that?..." She asked him frowning at this point it was looking like if he wanted her he'd have to prove he changed and get away from the order.

"I have thought about it every day of my life, and that is why I keep it a secret. I am doomed in this life, and I will die keeping those secrets. And to be honest, you will die with me."

She didn't know what he meant by that and it scared her. She stared at him unable to wrap her brain around things all at once.

Alexander kept silent, he didn't want to hurt her more. Slowly, he moved his hand to her's. "We can make it through this, we just need to do what they say, and maybe we will be able to make it through this." Alexander was being sincere, maybe he did have some hope left in him.

Kieara didn't know what to say or do in response. She sat there in silence letting him hold her hand.

"Kieara it's hard to admit, but I'm scared. This is bigger than either of us." Alexander put his head on her shoulder, and then he sighed. "What do you think we should do?"

"Alexander I don't have any idea....my only idea would be to leave country where they can't touch us. Go somewhere so far away they couldn't possibly track us..."

"We've gone far." Alexander sat still for a moment only breathing. He was at his end, all of his options had been exhausted. "We have to fight back."

She looked over at him. "That's suicide we will never be able to do it,..."

(Cut me off)

She was silent after that. Surely there was somewhere they could go. That couldn't be their only option.

"I don't know any other way to fight them, I have used all of my options. We don't need to put ourselves into any of these horrible situations. We can fight our way out."

"How Alexander? How? It's suicide..." She looked over at him for the answer. She didn't see how he'd gotten that in his head.

"We are going to die anyway, and I don't know where else to go..." Alexander cuddled up next to her, the cart floor was rather rough and she want the only comforting thing around.

Kieara could see she was going to have to get them out of this. Alexander had lost hope. She sat up. "I'm not going to die. I don't know about you but I'm not. Now I'm going to try and find a way out of this but if you want to die then stay here. I can't help you unless you help yourself." She wobbled off painfully to look for a place to purchase ferry tickets.

Alexander went to the front of the cart. He pulled the horses from the alley and pulled up beside her. "If you want to escape you might as well have my help, you won't get far without money, clothes, or a couple of weapons." He offered his hand down to her as he rode beside her.

Status
Not open for further replies.