A Certain City's Darkness ( A To Aru Series Roleplay)

Status
Not open for further replies.
sure @gamer5 what did you have in mind?

Applications are still open for one spot since I'm still reviewing another application.

if this still has room, instead of applying for a Level 5, could I apply instead for one of the ancillary support characters? i.,e, researcher/tech head/support character?

Reactions: Ravenbelle
if this still has room, instead of applying for a Level 5, could I apply instead for one of the ancillary support characters? i.,e, researcher/tech head/support character?

You could either make a Level 5 character for me to judge or you could make a character that will become a significant part of one of the Level 5's lives in the story.

There is a third option of applying to control the Rank 2 Level 5 which I have yet to post since I'm a lazy fuzzball and my internet is shit.

Sorry if I took too long to reply.

I am still around, just busy with things. Given that this RP's slow progress towards an OOC I saw no reason to rush forward with half baked ideas about characters...

Well you can count me in too by now. Got a character already accepted, so that's one more step towards the start! *Starts throwing confetti*
latest

Reactions: Ravenbelle
@gamer5 no biggie. just don't forget em. I've been watching a bit of the anime for A certain magical index and just wanted to make sure this didn't die before it was born

Dunno if there's a free Level 5 spot left or so, but you can still sign up as a non-Level 5, I think

Am I too late to join?

There's one more free Level 5 Spot, though it's a pre-made character that I have yet to post. Feel free to make any character Level 4 or lower that has a connection to any of the Level 5's though.

Well you can count me in too by now. Got a character already accepted, so that's one more step towards the start! *Starts throwing confetti*
Your character is indeed accepted. Just post the sheet here.

Olwt1U9.jpg
Name: Shifuru Tarataru

Height: 5'2 Feet​

Weight: 105 Pounds

Personality:
Shifuru is described as a genius in logic and problems, but has difficulty understanding emotions or behavior, and react to them properly. She also rarely shows much emotion at all on her face, making her somewhat weird for the typical human. Whenever this is intentional (like her hiding her feelings) or natural (having not many emotions to begin with) is not known.
She is shown to have a dry and somewhat twisted sense of humor, and displays signs of jealousy, showing she has a yet undefined complex.
Shifuru also is very fond of her games, and she will sometimes make references to them, or to memes in general

Dislikes: Being forced to be somewhere where she feels uncomfortable. Is jealous of cats.

Skills:
-Shifuru is able to play piano with over average skill. She is no competition for Mozart or Bach, but her music is pleasant for normal listeners.
-If one wants to get on her bad side, all he has to do is to play her games without asking.

Affiliation: None yet, but can be recruited if the group matches her way of thinking and interests.

Capabilities
User is able to move through objects and ignore most physical effects in their way, exact means how this is done vary. Being able to make their own particles move between other particles, being non-physical being of energy, vibrating their molecules into a new quantum frequency, etc. Regardless the user is able to ignore most attacks, physical dangers and gravity.

Applications
  • Air Walking/Water Walking, Levitation by Ignoring gravity.
  • Ignore physical objects, whether solid, liquid or gas.
  • Ignore most forms of energy (heat/cold, electricity, etc.).
  • Intangibility Extension (Make other people and objects phase through mass)
  • Physical Disruption (damage mass by phasing only parts of it. Like phasing a ring into a wall and pushing out the center, making it look as if it was perfectly cut)
  • Spatial Phasing (Phase only parts of one's body (such as the head to ignore a headshot)
  • Phaselock (Imprison targets in a sphere that forces them to phase, but keeps them in one position. Sphere can not be moved.)
  • Phaseblast (Phasing back too fast, causing air particles to move away/accellerate incredibly fast. Works with gases, and liquids. Not with solid mass.)
Epithet: The Untouchable

Darkness: The Darkness of Society (Or fear of herself if that is available)

Brief History: Shifuru has seen a lot of the world because she is a gemstone. An event in Germany was the most important one. An experiment in gauging her maximum power output went out of control, which resulted in Shifuru destroying a whole research facility. Because of this, she fears using 100% of her powers.
She was going to be moved to another research facility, but the idea was canceled. She instead requested to go to academy city, and the request was granted.

Writing Sample: Opening her eyes slowly, Shifuru woke up in her room. The same room she has woken up in since a couple of weeks. She turned on her side, covering her head with the sheet in the process, to hide from the sunlight that came through the curtains. For her, it was too early to get up but it didn't help. Her white hair and white sheets were no help, and now that her eyes were used to the brightness, she got up and stretched. A look to her phone told her which day it was. Friday. Ah well. Just a bit more and she would have some free time again. But when looking at her phone again, she suddenly was surprised and got dressed quickly. No time for breakfast, which meant she would have to get something later. With a long jump out of her window, her race to school began. Why you may ask? Because it was 7:45 AM, and she had to hurry.

Last edited:
My apologies for a double post, but I want to leave my character post as just a character post. Not more, no less.

Anyway. I was wondering if someone would want to have Shifuru as roommate. Some interaction might do her good. Maybe someone could start living with her at the start of the rp.

Any spots left open, even if it's just for a normal esper? :D

Appearance:

46798389_p0_master1200.jpg

Name: Amane Isokawa

Height: 5'3

Weight: 50 kilograms

Personality: (How they act and interact with those around them)

Likes: Belongingness, Family, Security, Peace, Order, Donuts, Taking in the night time scene of Academy City

Dislikes: Isolation, Confinement, Experiments, Scientists

Skills: Playing the piano and the violin

Affiliation: None

Ability: Rank 1 Level 5 Archiver - Amane has the ability to perfectly copy and replicate any Esper's powers upon seeing it, whether through a video recording or in person. She can then "Archive" these powers or store them for future use. There is no limit to this as she can literally Archive every Esper Power in Existence but she still adheres to the principle that an esper may only have one ability at a time. This means that if she wants to use a different ability, she will have to switch to that desired ability.
Takasura Katsugi explains that Amane's Personal Reality is comparable to Jell-O which can take form and replicate other Personal Realities perfectly like a Mirror. This is due to her flexible AIM Diffusion Field which can copy the patterns and movements of other AIM Fields.

Epithet: Archiver, Librarian, The One Who Opposes the Power of God, Fatal Error

Brief History:
Amane was an orphan alongside Shiro and Airou. She was the first one to be found by Shiro as she was wandering the streets of Academy City scavenging for necessities to survive.When she encountered Shiro, she could barely speak but is knowledgeable enough to understand basic human speech. Shiro had proposed two choices to her. Either he would give her enough food to go by for a day and she could forget that they ever met or she could come with him and start living like a human being instead of just surviving.
Amane was hesitant at first but something inside her wanted to take that chance and trust that boy. She gave in to her instincts and went with Shiro to the orphanage. There she continued basic education that was stalled when her parents died while on vacation in the Bahamas. After a month of residing in the orphanage, she, along with Shiro, caught a child stealing food from the orphanage's kitchen. It was obvious that he too, was an orphan who had to resort to stealing in order to survive.
Just as Shiro had done for her, Amane had given the boy the same option. The boy accepts Amane's proposal with some apparent hesitation and the three of them quickly develop a bond that is nothing short of that of biological siblings. Amane spent her life quietly with the two of them until one event changed their life forever.
One day a middle-aged man who introduced himself as Takasura Katsugi adopted all three of them after witnessing firsthand their potential of becoming Level 5's. Since the Power Curriculum Program was still in its early stages, there hadn't been any records of Espers Achieving Level 5 stature. The three of them agreed to this, thinking they would get to experience what it's like having a family. And for a while, it seemed that Takasura's promise would hold...

However, as they showed more and more signs that they would become forerunners in "The Level 5 Race", he became desperate to turn them into Level 5's... That was when he decided to resort to inhumane experimentation.

Amane and Shiro both sensed that something was very wrong with Takasura and they tried to warn Airou but the latter believed in the goodness of the scientist...

Fortunately, after seeing and experiencing the cruelty of their "Father" firsthand, he managed to snap out of his delusion and lead the two in an attempt to escape the doctor's facility. However, The doctor's minions composed mostly of humanoid robots and a small mercenary group, coupled by their underdeveloped powers, overwhelmed the three children. However, thanks to Shiro and Airou's efforts, Amane managed to escape from the Doctor's clutches.

Afraid and alone, she helplessly made her way back to civilization, battered, broken and lost. Aimlessly, she wandered Academy City until she collapsed on the doorstep of a childless couple. They took pity on her condition and took her to a hospital where they found out that she had fallen into a coma.

Upon waking up after a month in a comatose state, she was questioned about her past, mainly what happened to her before she arrived at the childless couple's doorstep but all she could remember was her name. When she tries to remember her past, all she sees is static.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Appearance (Preferably Anime Pictures):

Name: Shiro Mizuzu

wfGKYGzSvA4.jpg

Height: 5'9

Weight: 78 kilograms

Personality: (How they act and interact with those around them)

Dislikes: (Pet peeves of your character)

Skills: (Your character's abilities aside from their powers )

Affiliation: Takasura Katsugi

Ability: Rank 2 Level 5 Hohenheim - The ability to control and manipulate any element contained in the periodic table of elements down to the molecular level. He can manipulate their chemical bonds, which allows him to from substances, compounds in exchange of a specific amount of element needed to produce such products. He is basically an Alchemist, since he can create anything so long as he sacrifices something of equal value.

Epithet: The One Who Tried to Play God

Darkness: Science

Brief History:
Shiro was abandoned at an orphanage right after he was born. The caretaker of the facility took pity on the boy and took him in. She raised her as if the boy was her own son. After coming to an age where he understood his situation, he accepted it and considered everyone in the orphanage as his family. The staff, including the caretaker of the orphanage were his parents and the other kids were his siblings. But he also realized that there are other Child Errors in Academy City who needed to experience what it's like to have a loving home and a caring family. So whenever some of the staff patrolled the streets of Academy City in search of these Child Errors, Shiro would often insist in helping in these operations. At first, they

Shiro suffered the worst after being captured by Takasura Katsugi and his men. While both him and Airou were subjected to further experimentation, the latter was seen as a failure by the mad scientist and he shifted his attention to him. As a result, he received a brunt of the experimentation that affected both his physical and mental state. As if things weren't bad enough for him, Takasura Katsugi developed a mind-control device that instilled absolute obedience in Shiro to every command of the mad scientist.

(Rare, gonna let you work on the blank spaces of your sheet to give you a little bit of writing freedom)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Appearance:

japan-uniforms-white-suit-school-uniforms-tie-black-eyes-male-anime-anime-boys-bags-axis-powers-hetalia-black-hair-pen-1600x1200-hd-wallpaper.jpg

Name: Airou Akaze

Height: 5'9

Weight: 75 kilograms

Personality: Airou is a minimalist and a very serious person when it comes to work. When he isn't in the field, however, he doesn't mind socializing with his co-workers and his classmates though he isn't the type to initiate a conversation. He prioritizes results over means and doesn't mind others taking credit of his achievements so long as the desired result is acquired. Though he will not sacrifice a comrade or a friend just to achieve a favorable result.

Dislikes: Criminals, Experimentation, Scientists,

Skills:
- Cooking
- Close Quarters Combat
- Versatile with technology even without the help of his powers
- Mind's Eye (True)

Affiliation: Judgment

Ability: Rank 3 Level 5 Magnetizer - Airou's ability is described as a much more powerful version of the Electricity-based Esper ability called "Electromaster" . While they both have certain similarities such as both enable the user to generate and control electricity and manipulate magnetic forces, Magnetizer's control of magnetic forces has a much higher authority than that of Electromaster's. Furthermore, this ability allows Airou to not only manipulate any and all technology but also to create them as well. He is prone to creating futuristic weaponry that is even ahead of Academy City's own technology. At Level 6, it is theorized that he could very well obtain the power to shut down all of Academy City's technology.

Epithet: Magnetizer, Blackout, Fatal Error

Brief History:

Airou's past was the most complicated out of the three Fatal Errors. Akaze Airou was the child of two Skill-Outs that belonged to Rival factions. At the time, Skill-Out was not yet well-established as it did not have a central body and is only composed of Level 0's who decided to form gangs and cause mayhem and destruction in order to overthrow the government and thwart the implementation of the Power Curriculum Program.

Needless to say, with no centralized body of leadership to enforce order among the divided ranks of the groups that were still in their early stages of infancy, it is commonplace for the rival factions to wage war among each other for supremacy. During one of such confrontations, both factions learned that one of their members were engaged in a relationship and they had hid the fact that they already had a child all these years. The leaders of both factions agreed on a temporary truce in order to hunt down Airou's parents in order to cut down loose ends. They manage to murder both of Airou's parents while they left the boy unharmed to fend for himself thinking that he is incapable of supporting himself and would just be as good as dead.

Just when he was on the brink of death while he was desperately clawing for survival, a ray of hope in the form of Amane and Shiro saved him from his doomed fate when they offered to take him to the orphanage. After spending a lot of time with them, he formed a bond between the two that is as strong as those of biological siblings. But those forlorn days of bliss were short-lived and came to an abrupt stop when Takasura Katsugi, a scientist and a widower showed up at the Orphanage's doorstep. He claimed to have not been able to produce any offspring with his recently deceased wife and wanted to have children of his own to care for. Amane and Shiro were hesitant at first since they were already contented with their lives at the orphanage but Airou managed to convince the two to agree to Takasura's proposition.

Initially, all of the three children were convinced that Takasura's intentions were genuine however, Amane and Shiro soon uncovered his true intentions. They tried to warn Airou about Takasura's real motives but he was adamant in his belief that the scientist whom they all have considered as a father would never think of placing them in harm's way.

The reality of the situation hit Airou ard when he experienced first hand the true nature of the deranged scientist. After aiding Amane to escape, he and Shiro were subjected to multiple experiments in an attempt to raise their Levels from 1 - 5. He had succeeded in his plans but in doing so, the process had overloaded Airou, which consequently had the side effect of temporarily reverting him to a Level 1 Esper while Shiro suffered severe mental trauma. Unknown of this side effect, Takasura decided that investing research into Airou would already be a waste of time, talent and resources so he decided to cut loose ends by shooting the buy on his right eye at point blank range. Confident that he had properly disposed off the boy, he had instructed his young intern to get rid of Airou's body. Hesitantly, the intern agreed but it was evident that he was remorseful in aiding the mad scientist with his twisted plots. He left Airou's body at a dim alleyway where the frog-faced doctor stumbled upon him, showing faint signs of life. With his medical expertise, he brought the boy back from the brink of death and cared for him as if he were his own child.

After going through a few years of rehabilitation and stress debriefing, Airou decided to enlist for Judgment thinking that it was one of the few viable options he had in order to find a lead on Takasura's wereabouts, Amane's location and Shiro's present condition.

Last edited:
Luckily for you, I indeed am still game for this. Though I still would like for Shifuru to have a roommate. Any volunteers?

Status
Not open for further replies.