A Bundle of Joy...

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
"Well you like them don't you?" She said as she looked back at him. "Besides, I use them in a lot of your favorite casseroles and they are a pretty good staple food...and we also gave the few cans we did have to your single neighbor." She added as she looked down at her list.

She then moved down the aisle a bit and started to look over the boxed goods, wondering which once she should buy. She wanted to make sure they had a well stocked kitchen. She knew that once she was big enough she would get cravings and if Kayden was working then she couldn't bother him with bringing her food. She wanted to be ready for that and on top of that also be able to handle her boyfriends black hole of a stomach.

"Well of course I like them. If I didn't then I wouldn't eat them." He said a bit jokingly. Shopping with Angela helped to get his mind off of the ring and the little money problem with the baby's things. Of course he'd remember before bed, or when his mind was given a chance to wander about.

He spotted the cake mix needed to make the German dessert and picked it up as they past by. He placed it in Angela's cart, thinking he would need his for something else.

Angela started to grab boxes of rice and pasta, as well as the cereals that they both liked to eat. More and more boxes started to fill her cart, though not nearly as many as the cans since the boxes were bigger. She smiled at what he said, giggling a bit before she noticed him grab the cake mix.

"Are you craving cake? I can make you one from scratch if you really want it...I'll just need to by the flour and such." She said as she looked back down at her list...this was going to be a long trip it seemed.

He noticed the rice and pasta boxes she put in her cart. "Good thing I love pasta." He commented. "And actually the cake mix is for the kaiserschmarren ... But now that you mention it, I am craving cake." He smiled. "Sure you don't mind making us one?" Kayden asked as he followed her with his cart.

"It's no problem, it wouldn't hurt to have a cake made...Maybe we could invite your parents over for dinner since they haven't stopped by on their own time. That way I could make a really nice meal and if there were any leftovers we could reheat them for lunch tomorrow. That way we can finish up the rest of the house without to much trouble." She said as she looked back at him.

"As for the kaiserschmarren, what were your plans for that?" She asked, pushing her cart towards the snack aisle to start filling up on chips and soda and other snack items for the house.

"Invite my parents over? That sounds like a good idea. I'm kind of worried that they haven't come to see us yet." And he was. It was highly unusual that his parents would take this long to come and see them, especially now that they were walking distance from each other. "Since you are already making cake for tonight...so I'll make the kaiserschmarren for either breakfast or dessert for tomorrow." Kayden said after a little thought over it.

"Alright, that sounds good then. You can cal your parents when he can back home and I'll start preparing for dinner. I'll back the cake first so that it is done and out of the way for when I make dinner." She said with a smile as she looked at him.

She grabbed all of Kayden's favorite chips, one bag of each so that there would be variety in the cupboard. She also grabbed some cookies as a little treat since she herself always had a sweet tooth in the evening. Along with that she grabbed some nuts so she had something to set out for when her boyfriend's parents came over.

Kayden grabbed a bag of pretzels and tossed them into Angela's cart as he passed them. "My dad loves those pretzels. He eats them all the time. I thought he'd appreciate it if we got him some."

He thought back to the times in his childhood. His dad always seemed to have a bag or bowl of pretzels in front of him. Kayden got the same image of his father today, only older and a bit more chubby.

Angela nodded her head a bit as she grabbed a few liters of soda and put them into her cart, making sure to get the kind that they drank. Her cart was getting close to full now and there was still a lot to buy. She pushed the cart down the aisle, having some trouble for it had gotten rather heavy at that point. She pushed towards the baking aisle and started to grab a few simple items like baking soda and flour, things that were important staples in a house holds kitchen.

"Hey, Angela. Do you want to switch carts? I'll push the heavy one for you." Kayden said, seeing her have some trouble with it.

"Ah, please and thank you." She said as she looked back at him with a small smile.

She moved to the lighter cart and started to fill it with the baking goods she needed for the cake and other staples that anyone should have in a kitchen. She also started to grab bottles of spices for they had to give all of her's up during the move. She grabbed the usual types of spices and such and placed them into the cart before moving on to another aisle.

He pushed the heavier cart a little ways behind of Angela, seeing just how difficult it was getting to push it. "So what's left on list?" Kayden asked curiously.

Angela looked at her list for a moment and scanned it quietly before looking back to Kayden.

"We still need to stop for dairy products like milk and such, look over the fresh fruits and veggies and stop at the meat section to see what would be good to make for your parents." She said quickly as she finished in the baking aisle. "This will be the last of the list and then we can go home and I can bake the cake."

She finished with a smile and started to push her cart again, moving slowly so that Kayden could keep up with the heavier cart.

"My parents like southern food. I can help you make it. I was raised in the south, as you already know. I think I could be of some help to you." He chuckled a little to himself. Kayden wasn't all that great a cook, but his mother taught him enough so he could at least make their favorite southern foods. "We'd just need some fresh green beans, red potatoes, roast beef, and maybe some broccoli and rice." He said.

"Alright, roast beef sounds good. Still, I'd like to get a few other veggies just so we can have them for snacking. Unlike you I can't burn off two full bags of chips and keep a fit figure in the process." She joked a bit as she smiled at him.

She slowed as they entered the fresh produce section, grabbing the veggies that they would need for dinner and others that she could use for other dishes or a quick snack if she wanted. Along with that she grabbed some fresh fruits as well before finally moving on to the meat. She looked over the roasts quietly for a bit, trying to decide on how big of a roast they would really need.

"My mom doesn't eat much, and my dad eats about as much as me." Kayden said, trying to help his girlfriend decide on how big a roast they would really need.

"Hmm...So then maybe a five pound roast? You do it quite a bit." She said with a small grin as she looked up at him.

She reached out and grabbed a five pound roast and set it gently into the cart. She knew that her boyfriend could pack a good amount away, as could his father. However, there was no way that they would need anything more than a five pound roast to feed them all, especially since his mother had similar eating habit to her. Whatever remained would be saved as leftovers. With that in the cart she looked to her list, making sure she had gotten everything. She checked the carts as she looked at the list, smiling as she looked to her boyfriend.

"Alright, we're all done! Now let's get to the checkout and see how much my coupon clipping saved us this time." She said with a playful grin.

"Five pounds sounds good." Kayden agreed. "And I hope your coupon clipping saved us a good amount of money. I'd hate to have to pay full price on all this stuff we got here." He said with a slight smile and started pushing his cart towards the checkout lines. He spotted a short one and rushed over there with his cart to save them a spot in line.

"Don't you worry, I cut a lot of coupons so we should at least cut the price in half for all of this." Angela said with a smile as she followed after him.

She rushed right behind him to the short line and stopped behind him. She moved to the front where she could pull out her coupons and get them organized.

"Well that's good. We need to be saving as much as possible now that we know you're having a baby." He said as he watched her organize the coupons. The people in front of them were already done. "Angela, you can move up now." Kayden said in case she didn't see them move.