Murder XX: A Night In Terror Town

While Seishin couldn't see Sherry or Sammy down there he could hear her. "Good idea! I'm going to try and see if I can find something down here to put the light on!"

"Well I'm not going anywhere!" Sherry shouted back up to Ethan. "Just do your best to stay safe okay?"

If anyone opted to go inside the door to the left they'd find themselves inside what appeared to be a study.

study-in-an-abandoned-mansion-photo-by-iris-beukhof--41336.jpg

Nothing in particular seemed to catch your eye when you walked in but perhaps there was something of interest you could find with some digging?​

@Verite @Yun Lee @Jeremi @Khan of the Mardu @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @dark @Kaykay @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Josh M @Takumi @Others

One drawer in particular had an item of interest. An ornate lighter with silver and what appeared to be bone carvings around it depicting a wolf. If Grell tried to use it she'd find it to be in working order.

@Yun Lee @Verite @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Takumi @Kaykay @StudyRoom

"Ugh, don't remind me about that mirror," Queen remarked to Ethan, lightly cringing before she peered into the cabinet. When she spotted the rat she groaned and stepped back. "Disgusting. Well, there's nothing useful in the cabinets. Anyone else find anything interesting?" she asked the others before, moving over to see what Grell had found. "Ah it looks like you did find something! Good work." She glanced around the room for a moment. "I guess we could make a torch. The light would last longer that way."

@Jeremi @Verite @thatguyinthestore @Khan of the Mardu @Yun Lee

latest

Delsin walked into the study room as he eyed everyone. In the room, he noticed Grell with a strange sort of lighter. Any source of light would do right now as well.

"Hey, anybody find anything else useful other than the lighter?"

@Atomyk @Yun Lee @Verite @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Takumi @Kaykay @dark @StudyRoom

Sherry didn't require to inform him because when Sammy flipped the switch the area would be illuminated by a lamp that was flickering in the ceiling. Now that the room was lit they could see that there wasn't much to it. The walls were bare, painted in a dull gray tone and not much else. "Oh my God!" But with light came clarity. The things they had been kicking around on the floor had been bones. Human by the looks of it if the skulls were any indicating.

"I think I liked this room more when it was dark..." Sherry responded grabbing the wall as support. As they stood about they suddenly heard something...was that...crying?

Looking to the source in a less lit corner of the area they could spy what appeared to be little girl all huddled up sobbing softly to herself.

@Lissamel @HatchRoom

The sudden light made Sammy flinch a bit, the man far more used to the dull pulse of candlelight than anything more electric. Still, it wasn't too harsh a light, and that wasn't a bad thing. Just a new location, an extension of the temple. He hummed a couple notes of an old song in satisfaction, putting the tip of his finger on the wall, perhaps about to write another message--Sherry's yelping distracted him from that task, and he looked over.

Well.

What a waste of people. The prophet didn't look particularly disturbed by the carnage (and not just because anything that wasn't his mouth was covered by a mask), merely tutting under his breath and how they could have been 'proper sacrifices', given times. Maybe he could still use the bones for something, though that plan was also cast aside upon hearing...Something else. Sobs?

In a darkened corner, there was a figure--A child. A lost little lamb...? Sammy pushed away from the wall, clasping his hands and slowly strolling up to the darkened corner, leaning a touch forward to address this new figure.

"Greetings. Are you lost?"

[ @Jeremi ]​

Sherry didn't require to inform him because when Sammy flipped the switch the area would be illuminated by a lamp that was flickering in the ceiling. Now that the room was lit they could see that there wasn't much to it. The walls were bare, painted in a dull gray tone and not much else. "Oh my God!" But with light came clarity. The things they had been kicking around on the floor had been bones. Human by the looks of it if the skulls were any indicating.

"I think I liked this room more when it was dark..." Sherry responded grabbing the wall as support. As they stood about they suddenly heard something...was that...crying?

Looking to the source in a less lit corner of the area they could spy what appeared to be little girl all huddled up sobbing softly to herself.

@Lissamel @HatchRoom

Pulling on the book, Robert realized that it was some sort of mechanism connected to the bookcase that clicked open and pulled into the side revealing an opening in the wall.

Inside was an ax hanging from the wall. The blade was colored red, and both Ethan and Robert felt a whiff of rust as the bookcase slid aside. It seemed that the ax was of great importance hidden away like this.

@Atomyk @Yun Lee @Verite @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Takumi @Kaykay @StudyRoom
Chucky had been following behind the group silently, not saying anything simply because he didn't feel like getting tossed around again.

But... then he saw an axe hanging on the wall, though it was out of reach. Luckily, he had the perfect way to grab it. When Ethan attempted to reach for it, Chucky smirked and attempted to kick Ethan in the back of the knee to knock him down. If successful, the doll would then attempt to climb up his back and stand on his shoulders before trying to grab the axe.

@Jeremi @Verite @Atomyk @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Yun Lee @Takumi @Kaykay

"Don't you lay a hand on him, you vile thing!! I'm done letting you get away with your little outbursts!" Grabbing Chucky by the back of his overalls, Grell would pull him away from Ethan, then light the doll's hair on fire with her lighter. "Quick, grab the axe and run before he tries anything else!!!"

@Verite @Jeremi @thatguyinthestore

• Love
Reactions: Khan of the Mardu
3450818a9763d4bd43b0109d6e8b67b7.jpg

"Ethan, be careful!"
Grell watched Ethan grab for the axe with concern. If needed, she could pull him away the way he did for her. If he were gone, she'd be all alone with obnoxious people!

@Verite @Jeremi @Atomyk @Kaykay @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Takumi

Luckily for Ethan it appeared that nothing happened when he grabbed for the ax.

The sudden light made Sammy flinch a bit, the man far more used to the dull pulse of candlelight than anything more electric. Still, it wasn't too harsh a light, and that wasn't a bad thing. Just a new location, an extension of the temple. He hummed a couple notes of an old song in satisfaction, putting the tip of his finger on the wall, perhaps about to write another message--Sherry's yelping distracted him from that task, and he looked over.

Well.

What a waste of people. The prophet didn't look particularly disturbed by the carnage (and not just because anything that wasn't his mouth was covered by a mask), merely tutting under his breath and how they could have been 'proper sacrifices', given times. Maybe he could still use the bones for something, though that plan was also cast aside upon hearing...Something else. Sobs?

In a darkened corner, there was a figure--A child. A lost little lamb...? Sammy pushed away from the wall, clasping his hands and slowly strolling up to the darkened corner, leaning a touch forward to address this new figure.

"Greetings. Are you lost?"

[ @Jeremi ]​

The girl continued to sob into her arm as she addressed Sammy, "I-I was hiding..."

"Hiding?" Sherry asked coming up to the girl. "Hiding from who?"

"The master...he-he was in a very cross mood...hadn't gotten his fill."

Oh God...Sherry looked around at the bones scattered about. Where they...left overs? "What did he do?"

"I've always been bad at hiding." The girl looked up at the two revealing that half of her face was horribly burnt. "He said I was the most tender girl yet." With the last words escaping her lips the girl withered to ash leaving only a skull behind that fell to the ground with a loud thud.

When Sherry looked at Sammy, he could see that she was pale as a, well, ghost. "We're leaving. Now." It wasn't a request. It was a command as Sherry made her way with hasty steps towards the ladder to get out of this place.

@Lissamel @HatchetRoom

latest

Delsin walked into the study room as he eyed everyone. In the room, he noticed Grell with a strange sort of lighter. Any source of light would do right now as well.

"Hey, anybody find anything else useful other than the lighter?"

@Atomyk @Yun Lee @Verite @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Takumi @Kaykay @dark @StudyRoom

ObXtcXn.png

"Depends. Do you like axes?"

Numahime pointed her finger in the direction of Chucky attempting to fight Ethan, and apparently Grell too, for an axe.

@Verite @Jeremi @Atomyk @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Takumi @Yun Lee @dark @StudyRoom​

Chucky managed to jump out of the way just in time before Jack pinned him down, the doll rolling to the side.

"Man, you fuckers really don't like me, do ya?" Chucky commented with a bit of a smirk, not seeming to have learned his lesson after all the times someone had attacked him within the last hour.

@Crow @ThatAverageGuy @Verite @Lissamel @Yun Lee @Sen @Jeremi @dark @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @LuckycoolHawk9
He's not asking, but he really deserves it," Sherry replied to the girl. The doll wasn't getting any new friends at this rate. Nor would anyone probably cry if or when he was gone.

"No question there, no question there," Jack says.​

study-in-an-abandoned-mansion-photo-by-iris-beukhof--41336.jpg

Nothing in particular seemed to catch your eye when you walked in but perhaps there was something of interest you could find with some digging?​

@Verite @Yun Lee @Jeremi @Khan of the Mardu @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @dark @Kaykay @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Josh M @Takumi @Others

Grell would notice a torn page on the desk with writing on it:

Famine struck the town and we were cut off from the world.

That blasted storm! How dare it inconvenience me!

The common folk were starving.

But I wont starve. Oh no I shan't.

Banquets day and night.

It's quite peculiar

What you will eat when you're hungry...

Grell stuck her tongue out in disgust. "Oh, don't tell me this was written by a cannibal!" Now she really didn't want to examine this place further. Very carefully, Grell would try opening the drawers of the desk-hopefully avoiding any burns, this time.

@Jeremi @Verite @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Takumi @Kaykay

One drawer in particular had an item of interest. An ornate lighter with silver and what appeared to be bone carvings around it depicting a wolf. If Grell tried to use it she'd find it to be in working order.

@Yun Lee @Verite @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Takumi @Kaykay @StudyRoom

OfJTR4m.jpg

"We don't think we can read all of this," Jack says, looking at the words of the poem, then looks at Grell for a bit. "Doesn't seem very good to you."

Jack's hands were itching for dismemberment, and someone already took the axe, so she decided to look around the room for another weapon or switch.

"If we have no more business here, we should all leave."

@Kaykay @Verite @Jeremi @Atomyk @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Takumi @Yun Lee @dark @thatguyinthestore StudyRoom​

"Don't you lay a hand on him, you vile thing!! I'm done letting you get away with your little outbursts!" Grabbing Chucky by the back of his overalls, Grell would pull him away from Ethan, then light the doll's hair on fire with her lighter. "Quick, grab the axe and run before he tries anything else!!!"

"AHHH!!" Chucky screamed as his hair was suddenly caught on fire, the doll beginning to run around the room as he tried to put out the fire with his hands. He managed to eventually do so, however, but not at the cost of a nice bald spot in the back.

maxresdefault.jpg

"You fucking bitch! I'm gonna get my hands on a knife eventually, and when I do, I'm gonna gouge out your fuckin eyes and make your little boyfriend eat em!" Chucky exclaimed as he felt the bald spot on the back of the head, obviously referring to Ethan when he said "boyfriend."

Chucky also noticed Queen glaring at him, to which he simply smiled and flipped her off.

2HxE83.gif

@Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Yun Lee @Verite @Jeremi @Khan of the Mardu @Atomyk

Symphony of Sylvania
~~~

The fire alarm awoke Vlad from his slumber, though he remained relatively calm. This wasn't his home; No, on the contrary, this place was very, very different than what he was used to. His surroundings foreign, and his current hosts even more so, he stood slowly, and immediately made sure his presence went as unnoticed as possible. As much as he could, anyways, given his appearance. He felt in an instant that his powers were drained, and the Von Carstein ring was gone, leaving him vulnerable to attack. Being a patient man, capable of waiting centuries to enact his plans, he kept up this pretense for a while, studying each person as they went, and ignoring attempts to approach him outright, not even gracing them with an outright insult.

The group continued to fray more and more, to the point of outright violence. Such disorder was distasteful in Vlad's eyes; if they had any hope of getting out of here, it was going to be most easily achieved with each of them at his side, not at each others' throats. How could he accomplish that, though? He was so used to his powers lending themselves to seducing those who opposed him into following him (or physically forcing them to), that Vlad wasn't entirely certain of how to approach this situation.

An idea occurred to him. His eyes fell upon the doll, an odd construct, though not unlike what he was used to in the form of golems, or even his own undead servants. It was likely a soul magically bound to its current prison. Well, that realm of magic was actually one he was quite familiar with. Unless the soul's original owner had done so willingly, he likely wanted out, yes?

For the first time speaking out, Vlad stepped forward to where Grell and Ethan were struggling with the Doll, deciding to go out on a limb to pursue his hunch. His nose-less face and black eyes locked onto the Doll, who may or may not be on fire when he spoke. "Impudent creature! Do you not wish freedom from your cage? Cease your frivolous bickering and, when we are free and my powers have returned to me, I shall release you myself!" Though his powers were gone, Vlad's voice still carried a certain power, and his size and rigid posture reinforced his commanding visage.

@Verite @Jeremi @thatguyinthestore @Yun Lee

tumblr_inline_o0vlr0KzFs1rxsf53_100.png

"No worries, darlin'. Nothing ventured, nothing gained," he said with a smile bordering on cocky toward Grell as he reached out for the axe, and then--

THUD!

Before he knew it, Ethan felt a sharp pain in his leg and he found himself on the ground, followed by a pressure on his back. In the time it took for him to process that the damned midget was responsible for that ordeal, Grell had evidently managed to keep Chucky from the axe, lifting him off. With the pressure (even if it wasn't all that heavy. How heavy could a doll be, really?) lifted, Ethan quickly got back up to his feet and yanked the axe out, any hesitation in his movements evaporating into the air in an instant as he turned to face Chucky, who had been given his due from Grell, thankfully.

Still, it would have been far more satisfying to get back at him personally, but he'd learned his lesson for now.

Hopefully.

tumblr_inline_o0vlw90zkc1rxsf53_100.png

"Son of a fucking whore," Ethan grunted, pointing the axe's blade toward Chucky briefly, "I have had it up to here with your bullshit, you sniveling gibface. Be thankful that you're getting off with just a burn, because if I have to get my hands on you, you won't even have a head to be set on fire. Pigeon-livered devil-spawn," the man said, flipping the doll back in turn as he spewed out a barrage of curses that definitely defined him as a man of the Victorian era.

Grasping the weapon tightly in his hand now, wary of anything else that would want to get its hands on him, the man turned toward Vlad as he first made himself known to everyone, his appearance garnering a furrowed brow from Ethan. Between the man dressed in black parading around, calling himself the Devil, and all the other freakshows, the man hardly had much capacity within himself to be given pause.

"Yeah, that sounds like a good idea," Ethan nodded in response to Vlad's words, looking over at Chucky, "If it bleeds, it dies, and if the man in the doll's body is returned to where he belongs, all the easier to put him down with."

It took nearly every fiber of his being to hold himself back from decapitating Chucky without a word and be done with it for the time being, but it was clear that even without a weapon, a weapon that the doll so dearly desired, this "man," if one could even call him that, was someone to keep watch over. But Ethan figured he could have his uses if they ever waddled into more trouble.

That is, he'd be useful as bait for whatever monsters lay outside while everyone else made their escape.

@Yun Lee @thatguyinthestore @Crow @Jeremi @Atomyk @BarrenThin @Takumi @Kaykay @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @dark @Khan of the Mardu @StudyRoom

"AHHH!!" Chucky screamed as his hair was suddenly caught on fire, the doll beginning to run around the room as he tried to put out the fire with his hands. He managed to eventually do so, however, but not at the cost of a nice bald spot in the back.

maxresdefault.jpg

"You fucking bitch! I'm gonna get my hands on a knife eventually, and when I do, I'm gonna gouge out your fuckin eyes and make your little boyfriend eat em!" Chucky exclaimed as he felt the bald spot on the back of the head, obviously referring to Ethan when he said "boyfriend."

Chucky also noticed Queen glaring at him, to which he simply smiled and flipped her off.

2HxE83.gif

muroi%20jinrou.png

Seishin gave Chucky a somewhat cold gaze, though seemed rather calm as he spoke next.

"Careful with your words, unless you want to be in even worse shape leaving this room, serial killer or not." he said, dark eyes leaving the dolls form with that warning delivered. Ignoring anything else Chucky would say he'd turn to Grell, Ethan, and Robert, among the rest of the group nearby.

"We should probably go see about Sherry and that man who went down there." he suggested simply, gaze momentarily landing on Vlad when he would speak up to the doll.

"You're alright, I presume?" Seishin asked, glance landing on Ethan then.

@dark @thatguyinthestore@Verite @Khan of the Mardu @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Yun Lee @Jeremi @Kaykay @BarrenThin @Atomyk @Anybody I missed

The girl continued to sob into her arm as she addressed Sammy, "I-I was hiding..."

"Hiding?" Sherry asked coming up to the girl. "Hiding from who?"

"The master...he-he was in a very cross mood...hadn't gotten his fill."

Oh God...Sherry looked around at the bones scattered about. Where they...left overs? "What did he do?"

"I've always been bad at hiding." The girl looked up at the two revealing that half of her face was horribly burnt. "He said I was the most tender girl yet." With the last words escaping her lips the girl withered to ash leaving only a skull behind that fell to the ground with a loud thud.

When Sherry looked at Sammy, he could see that she was pale as a, well, ghost. "We're leaving. Now." It wasn't a request. It was a command as Sherry made her way with hasty steps towards the ladder to get out of this place.

@Lissamel @HatchetRoom

The master...

"My lor--"

But Sammy's breathless, almost hopeful whisper was soon cut off. No. No, this was not the work of the demon of ink he so sought to please. He took his sacrifices with no hesitation and left few to his mercy. Besides, the burn marks were distinctly not the demon's sort of...Style. The girl dissolved into nothing but dust and bone, and Sammy's head snapped over to Sherry, who was all too intent to leave. Sammy was not about to see what sort of fate going deeper in here would have in store for him--After all, to reap the rewards of the demon's sacred mission, he actually had to be alive.

Keeping his arms close to his chest, as though that would protect him from anything, the prophet followed behind Sherry.

[ @Jeremi ]​

Symphony of Sylvania
~~~

The fire alarm awoke Vlad from his slumber, though he remained relatively calm. This wasn't his home; No, on the contrary, this place was very, very different than what he was used to. His surroundings foreign, and his current hosts even more so, he stood slowly, and immediately made sure his presence went as unnoticed as possible. As much as he could, anyways, given his appearance. He felt in an instant that his powers were drained, and the Von Carstein ring was gone, leaving him vulnerable to attack. Being a patient man, capable of waiting centuries to enact his plans, he kept up this pretense for a while, studying each person as they went, and ignoring attempts to approach him outright, not even gracing them with an outright insult.

The group continued to fray more and more, to the point of outright violence. Such disorder was distasteful in Vlad's eyes; if they had any hope of getting out of here, it was going to be most easily achieved with each of them at his side, not at each others' throats. How could he accomplish that, though? He was so used to his powers lending themselves to seducing those who opposed him into following him (or physically forcing them to), that Vlad wasn't entirely certain of how to approach this situation.

An idea occurred to him. His eyes fell upon the doll, an odd construct, though not unlike what he was used to in the form of golems, or even his own undead servants. It was likely a soul magically bound to its current prison. Well, that realm of magic was actually one he was quite familiar with. Unless the soul's original owner had done so willingly, he likely wanted out, yes?

For the first time speaking out, Vlad stepped forward to where Grell and Ethan were struggling with the Doll, deciding to go out on a limb to pursue his hunch. His nose-less face and black eyes locked onto the Doll, who may or may not be on fire when he spoke. "Impudent creature! Do you not wish freedom from your cage? Cease your frivolous bickering and, when we are free and my powers have returned to me, I shall release you myself!" Though his powers were gone, Vlad's voice still carried a certain power, and his size and rigid posture reinforced his commanding visage.

@Verite @Jeremi @thatguyinthestore @Yun Lee
"You what?" Chucky asked, taking a step back upon Vlad's offer. Up until now, Chucky assumed that he wouldn't be able to get his soul out of the doll because, well, he'd waited too long to do so. So he'd come to accept the fact that he was a murderous doll, and that was it.

But now this guy, this fuck, comes along and said he'd free his soul from this plastic freak of a body? After almost thirty years of waiting, he could finally get the fuck out of this doll. And the best part about it was that he could easily use the same spell again on another doll if he ever died again! Grinning meniacly, Chucky nodded at Vlad's proposal.

source.gif

"Alright, but on one more condition." Chucky said as he held up a finger in protest. "You get me a kid to put my soul into. My body's been nothin' but a rotting corpse up in Chicago for about thirty years. Shit's probably nothin' but bones by now. You get me a kid, and you've got yourself a deal."

@BarrenThin @Verite @Takumi @Jeremi @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Yun Lee @whoever

maxresdefault.jpg

2HxE83.gif

"Well, glad to see things are still going as well as ever for this team," Joker spoke up with a sigh as the group proceeded to turn that fiery red hair into a flaming spectacle. The young man had taken his eyes off the doll for five seconds, and here it was, trying to steal the axe...

"You what?" Chucky asked, taking a step back upon Vlad's offer. Up until now, Chucky assumed that he wouldn't be able to get his soul out of the doll because, well, he'd waited too long to do so. So he'd come to accept the fact that he was a murderous doll, and that was it.

But now this guy, this fuck, comes along and said he'd free his soul from this plastic freak of a body? After almost thirty years of waiting, he could finally get the fuck out of this doll. And the best part about it was that he could easily use the same spell again on another doll if he ever died again! Grinning meniacly, Chucky nodded at Vlad's proposal.

source.gif

"Alright, but on one more condition." Chucky said as he held up a finger in protest. "You get me a kid to put my soul into. My body's been nothin' but a rotting corpse up in Chicago for about thirty years. Shit's probably nothin' but bones by now. You get me a kid, and you've got yourself a deal."

"... I'm just going to step in and make clear my stance on that. Hell no," The thought of transferring the freak's soul into an innocent child... Joker's face scrunched into a disgusted glare aimed at the doll's way, thoughts of grabbing his axe and put an end to the doll filling his mind.

@BarrenThin @Verite @Takumi @Jeremi @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Yun Lee

source.gif

wvvOici.jpg

"..."

Jack blankly stares at Chucky and those reprimanding him.

@thatguyinthestore @BarrenThin @Verite @Takumi @Jeremi @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Khan of the Mardu @Yun Lee @whoever​

"Well, glad to see things are still going as well as ever for this team," Joker spoke up with a sigh as the group proceeded to turn that fiery red hair into a flaming spectacle. The young man had taken his eyes off the doll for five seconds, and here it was, trying to steal the axe...

"... I'm just going to step in and make clear my stance on that. Hell no," The thought of transferring the freak's soul into an innocent child... Joker's face scrunched into a disgusted glare aimed at the doll's way, thoughts of grabbing his axe and put an end to the doll filling his mind.

@BarrenThin @Verite @Takumi @Jeremi @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Yun Lee
"It ain't your decision, pal." Chucky replied with a glare.

@Khan of the Mardu

"It ain't your decision, pal." Chucky replied with a glare.

@Khan of the Mardu
"But it is my decision to take you to the nearest zoo and dump you in the gorilla exhibit," Joker countered with a scowl. Did the doll really think someone wouldn't step in to stop him? Then again, he was a serial killer, so it might make sense that he didn't have common sense...

"But it is my decision to take you to the nearest zoo and dump you in the gorilla exhibit," Joker countered with a scowl. Did the doll really think someone wouldn't step in to stop him? Then again, he was a serial killer, so it might make sense that he didn't have common sense...
"Good luck with that." Chucky replied, not even looking at Joker while he spoke.

@Khan of the Mardu