Murder XX: A Night In Terror Town

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
P5AYfsh.jpg

"Were you not speaking of feeding that lady's eyeballs to her ally earlier?" Jack asks Chucky. "We actually did think you were one to remove one's heart and feast on it for dinner when you said that. You're not?"

@thatguyinthestore @Yun Lee @Verite @Takumi @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @dark @Crow @Atomyk @Khan of the Mardu @BarrenThin @Archmage Jeremiah @ThatAverageGuy @Kaykay @Sen @Bomb @LuckycoolHawk9
images

"Yeah, cause I was gonna shove 'em down his throat and make him choke on em. Don't know where the hell you got the idea that I'd eat fucking organs and shit." Chucky replied in an annoyed tone.

@Crow @Yun Lee @Bomb @LuckycoolHawk9 @Klutzy Ninja Kitty

Theo Raeken

" To be fair, you are still partaking in a form of cannibalism. You are forcing someone else to be a cannibal in hopes they will die, which is ironic since you don't support it yourself," he replied in his calmest manner. He wasn't about to do something he regretted and turned to Jack. " On the other hand, he never said he ate them. That being said, cannibalism is bad in all regards."

@thatguyinthestore @Crow @Yun Lee @Bomb @Klutzy Ninja Kitty

Theo Raeken

" To be fair, you are still partaking in a form of cannibalism. You are forcing someone else to be a cannibal in hopes they will die, which is ironic since you don't support it yourself," he replied in his calmest manner. He wasn't about to do something he regretted and turned to Jack. " On the other hand, he never said he ate them. That being said, cannibalism is bad in all regards."

"Yeah, but that's different. It's better to see your victims suffer, y'know? And what better way to make 'em suffer than forcing them to eat the people they love!" Chucky exclaimed before letting out another laugh. "Not that any of you gotta worry about me doing that shit to ya." Chucky added on due to the fact that he didn't want to lose his deal with Vlad.

@LuckycoolHawk9 @Crow @Yun Lee @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Bomb @Verite

Feeling the tall drink of stagnant water drill holes in the side of her head with his gaze, Rottytops spun around to meet him with smiling eyes and a wave. "Hey...you!" she exclaimed with a stammered pause, unable to put a name to the face, "You're pretty good at grabbing attention huh?"

@BarrenThin @thatguyinthestore @The Study

Vlad turned his attention to the creature once more, his upper lip curling in disdain for a moment before realizing it was the Undead from earlier. The expression fell into a more neutral one, which was perhaps as close to a compliment as she'd receive from him. "When the time is right, great men make themselves known, and, when they do, all will listen." The Vampire was still looking down his nonexistent nose at her, of course, but he was speaking.
Theo Raeken

"Yeah, but that's different. It's better to see your victims suffer, y'know? And what better way to make 'em suffer than forcing them to eat the people they love!" Chucky exclaimed before letting out another laugh. "Not that any of you gotta worry about me doing that shit to ya." Chucky added on due to the fact that he didn't want to lose his deal with Vlad.

The conversation at hand intrigued him, if only for its stupidity, or, for Chucky's part, its irony. Without looking their way, the zombie in front of him could catch a slight smirk.

@Yun Lee @thatguyinthestore @Crow @Jeremi @Atomyk @Archmage Jeremiah @Takumi @Kaykay @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @dark @Khan of the Mardu @StudyRoom

images

"Yeah, cause I was gonna shove 'em down his throat and make him choke on em. Don't know where the hell you got the idea that I'd eat fucking organs and shit." Chucky replied in an annoyed tone.

@Crow @Yun Lee @Bomb @LuckycoolHawk9 @Klutzy Ninja Kitty
Theo Raeken

P5AYfsh.jpg

"A funny way of doing things, we suppose," Jack says as she shrugs her shoulders. "Sounds fun, but it doesn't sound like something we'll be doing soon, we prefer to have our spoils to ourselves, thank you very much."

Turning to Theo, Jack responded, "almost all regards, almost all, Mister."

@thatguyinthestore @BarrenThin @LuckycoolHawk9 @Crow @Yun Lee @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Bomb @Verite

Robert had moved on from the conversation with Ethan without saying another word. He hadn't been present for the earlier conversations, so whatever Ethan meant about people saying they were from centuries ago was something Robert was going to have to think about in silence.

Thankfully, Robert had excused himself from the study room before the advent of the vile walking doll had caused the room to descend into chaos. Considering all the chatter on Sherry needing a light, Robert found himself drawn to the hole outside the room, where he caught the girl as she was heading up. "Need a hand?" he asked down the ladder.

@Jeremi @Lissamel @Hatch

• Useful
Reactions: Jeremi
The master...

"My lor--"

But Sammy's breathless, almost hopeful whisper was soon cut off. No. No, this was not the work of the demon of ink he so sought to please. He took his sacrifices with no hesitation and left few to his mercy. Besides, the burn marks were distinctly not the demon's sort of...Style. The girl dissolved into nothing but dust and bone, and Sammy's head snapped over to Sherry, who was all too intent to leave. Sammy was not about to see what sort of fate going deeper in here would have in store for him--After all, to reap the rewards of the demon's sacred mission, he actually had to be alive.

Keeping his arms close to his chest, as though that would protect him from anything, the prophet followed behind Sherry.

[ @Jeremi ]​

Sammy could have sworn before he went up the ladder that he had seen something tall and pale by the corner of his eye, but had he looked one more time then there had been nothing.

Robert had moved on from the conversation with Ethan without saying another word. He hadn't been present for the earlier conversations, so whatever Ethan meant about people saying they were from centuries ago was something Robert was going to have to think about in silence.

Thankfully, Robert had excused himself from the study room before the advent of the vile walking doll had caused the room to descend into chaos. Considering all the chatter on Sherry needing a light, Robert found himself drawn to the hole outside the room, where he caught the girl as she was heading up. "Need a hand?" he asked down the ladder.

@Jeremi @Lissamel @Hatch

Sherry was lost in thought when Robert called out to her. "O-oh, thank you." Helping herself up from the ladder she'd wait for Sammy to come out before closing the latch behind her with a heavy thud. "I think I know what happened to this town...The guy who owned this place? I think he ate them. All of them." Sherry looked visibly shooked as she spoke. "We have to tell the others an- wait." As she turned around she realized that there now was another door to the right of the study room. "Was that door always there?"

@Lissamel @Atomyk @Hallway

Sammy could have sworn before he went up the ladder that he had seen something tall and pale by the corner of his eye, but had he looked one more time then there had been nothing.

Sherry was lost in thought when Robert called out to her. "O-oh, thank you." Helping herself up from the ladder she'd wait for Sammy to come out before closing the latch behind her with a heavy thud. "I think I know what happened to this town...The guy who owned this place? I think he ate them. All of them." Sherry looked visibly shooked as she spoke. "We have to tell the others an- wait." As she turned around she realized that there now was another door to the right of the study room. "Was that door always there?"

So, cannibalism did play a role into it. Seishin could only assume it was going on for a long time, but what did it have to do with them specifically?

Sherry brought him out of his thoughts on the subject of the new door.

"There was only that study when we first cam in here." the Jinrou answered Sherry. When they walked in, it was only the door to the study...doors didn't just appear. At least under normal circumstances, and sadly none of this was normal, not even by Seishin's standards of what he considered "normal".

@dark @thatguyinthestore @Josh M @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Verite @Khan of the Mardu @Crow @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Yun Lee @Jeremi @Kaykay @Archmage Jeremiah @BarrenThin @Anybody I missed

Robert, for just a second, thought Sherry was joking. It wasn't like what she was saying was a far cry from an outlandish story he himself might make up, but when he realized the look on her face, Robert knew she at least believed what she was saying. She seemed pretty scared, so he wasn't going to be the asshole who made it worse.

HJtQOvN.png

"The entire town? That doesn't seem right. For one, how would one even..." His voice trailed off once he saw who was coming up from behind Sherry. Not a human, certainly. Robert always figured he would manage some manner of cool if put into this kind of situation, but here and now, he couldn't help but stare.

"... Erm, right."

He was saved from momentary paralysis by the others from the study suddenly crowding around the area. There were others here that defined reality, but as more appeared, the less abnormal it all seemed. They were focused on a door that definitely hadn't been there before, but Robert was finding that to be rather normal in comparison to everything else. He needed to find some control in this strange place before his cool slipped even further.

"I'll go on ahead," he said, heading for the new door. "It would only be appropriate. I can't say much now, but let's just say I'm a known figure in the ghost hunting circuit."

@Jeremi @Yun Lee @Lissamel @Takumi @Verite @Crow @thatguyinthestore @BarrenThin @Archmage Jeremiah @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Kaykay @Khan of the Mardu

Vlad didn't wait long for a response from Rottytops, moving on after the others, though he'd still answer if she chose to follow.

The news didn't exactly make Vlad flinch, since he was no stranger to 'eating' people; though the full on consumption of the flesh of man was something he generally found (as he found many things) distasteful, many of his Undead servants partook in it often, so it was something he'd grown to tolerate.
"Oh yes, we found a little note on that. Something about a famine and peasants and the usual when it comes to the delusional rich." Grell looked to the door Sherry mentioned and displayed her lighter proudly. "Fine by me! At least now I can fight back...to an extent."

@Jeremi @Atomyk @Lissamel @Takumi @Verite @Crow @thatguyinthestore @BarrenThin @Archmage Jeremiah @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Kaykay @Khan of the Mardu

He'd missed that note, though the Vampire would never admit that. How typical. It seemed to be a common trend among the ruling class of these petty mortal realms to crush the peasantry underfoot. That was probably why they were so often unseated by their own underlings. Vlad wasn't exactly a kind lord himself, but he was a lawful one, and his people had always loved him for it (though it took them a few generations to figure out his true nature). He missed home. He missed Isabella. The vampire would return to her.
So, cannibalism did play a role into it. Seishin could only assume it was going on for a long time, but what did it have to do with them specifically?

"There was only that study when we first cam in here." the Jinrou answered Sherry. When they walked in, it was only the door to the study...doors didn't just appear. At least under normal circumstances, and sadly none of this was normal, not even by Seishin's standards of what he considered "normal".

@dark @thatguyinthestore @Josh M @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Verite @Khan of the Mardu @Crow @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Yun Lee @Jeremi @Kaykay @Archmage Jeremiah @BarrenThin @Anybody I missed

Now this one... this one was strange. Not Undead, per se, but not alive, either. Vlad could smell it on him. Death creeped into his heart, but had not taken hold. Perhaps this one could be of use, as well. It seemed Vlad was in better company that he'd realized, after all.
Robert, for just a second, thought Sherry was joking. It wasn't like what she was saying was a far cry from an outlandish story he himself might make up, but when he realized the look on her face, Robert knew she at least believed what she was saying. She seemed pretty scared, so he wasn't going to be the asshole who made it worse.

HJtQOvN.png

"The entire town? That doesn't seem right. For one, how would one even..." His voice trailed off once he saw who was coming up from behind Sherry. Not a human, certainly. Robert always figured he would manage some manner of cool if put into this kind of situation, but here and now, he couldn't help but stare.

"... Erm, right."

He was saved from momentary paralysis by the others from the study suddenly crowding around the area. There were others here that defined reality, but as more appeared, the less abnormal it all seemed. They were focused on a door that definitely hadn't been there before, but Robert was finding that to be rather normal in comparison to everything else. He needed to find some control in this strange place before his cool slipped even further.

"I'll go on ahead," he said, heading for the new door. "It would only be appropriate. I can't say much now, but let's just say I'm a known figure in the ghost hunting circuit."

@Jeremi @Yun Lee @Lissamel @Takumi @Verite @Crow @thatguyinthestore @BarrenThin @Archmage Jeremiah @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Kaykay @Khan of the Mardu

"I too, find the idea... dubious, at best, that a man would eat his entire village purely for the sake of eating it. There was some sort of motive beyond, certainly. Perhaps a sacrifice. A ritual." Vlad's upper lip curled back into a sneer. The idea of performing such a ritual wasn't what didn't sit well with him, of course; Vlad was certainly not above such a thing. It was more that he was speaking to someone who 'was in the ghost hunting circuit.' Could he be a Witch Hunter? At any rate, Vlad wasn't far behind Robert at the door.

@Yun Lee @thatguyinthestore @Crow @Jeremi @Atomyk @Archmage Jeremiah @Takumi @Kaykay @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @dark @Khan of the Mardu

"Oh yes, we found a little note on that. Something about a famine and peasants and the usual when it comes to the delusional rich." Grell looked to the door Sherry mentioned and displayed her lighter proudly. "Fine by me! At least now I can fight back...to an extent."

@Jeremi @Atomyk @Lissamel @Takumi @Verite @Crow @thatguyinthestore @BarrenThin @Archmage Jeremiah @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Kaykay @Khan of the Mardu

HJtQOvN.png

"... Erm, right."

W-was that--?

Sammy turned only slightly to try and catch a final fleeting glimpse of the figure he'd caught in his peripheral vision, but it was gone. His hands began to wring (and slightly began to stick together). May the ink demon protect it's prophet from...Whatever that was.

He exited the hatch and took just a moment to dust off his overalls (in practice just leaving more inky stains) before intently listening to the information they'd all put together. Famine? And Sherry seemed quite convinced the situation was cannibalistic in nature, though he...Had doubts. "Of course, it's only cannibalism if the consumer is also human..."
"I too, find the idea... dubious, at best, that a man would eat his entire village purely for the sake of eating it. There was some sort of motive beyond, certainly. Perhaps a sacrifice. A ritual."

"...For they could have been brought as an offering. Such a waste of poor sheep..."

Sammy sounded like he knew a little something on ritual sacrifice. He also seemed to have a twinge of...Pity for the victims who's bones he'd seen. They could have been led to salvation, but instead, they were brought to the slaughter. May his savior be kind to their immortal souls, even if they wouldn't be brought to salvation.

He was not convinced the fleeting shape of a form he'd seen was human.

On the matter of the strange new door, Sammy hovered around the small group beginning to form around it, seeming willing to enter, so long as someone else led. His head was slightly tilted, and his mouth (or whatever was visible of it) was in a small line. When did this door arrive...?

[ @Jeremi @BarrenThin @Atomyk @Anybody else @NEW DOOR ]​

grell-sutcliff--32.8.jpg

"Oh believe me, Robert dear, humans can get up to some rather depraved activities...especially if they're rich enough to get away with it." Grell would be joining Robert and Vlad at the door, lighter at the ready. "A lot of my cases involve the working class who merely serve as stepping stools for the rich to indulge themselves in their sick desires. Perhaps we were brought here to bring this particular one to justice? Well...either that, or he's hoping we could provide a possible next meal."

Vlad turned his attention to the creature once more, his upper lip curling in disdain for a moment before realizing it was the Undead from earlier. The expression fell into a more neutral one, which was perhaps as close to a compliment as she'd receive from him. "When the time is right, great men make themselves known, and, when they do, all will listen." The Vampire was still looking down his nonexistent nose at her, of course, but he was speaking.

"Uhhh-huh," Rottytops mumbled out while she blankly stared up at the imposing vampire king, "And y'know, the skulls, the teeth, the everything," she added, motioning first to where ornamental skulls were used as clasps for his cloak, then to his sharp rows of teeth, and finally just gesturing in his general direction. As the vampire made his exit, however, Rottytops scrambled after him. "Hey wait up, I wanted to say thanks, you...!" the zombie girl stuttered, again unable to recall a name.

Rotty%20Human%20Curious_zps4ccp2vku.png

"...I still don't know what your name is," she admitted, following Vlad to the second door,

Rotty%20Human%20Happy_zps409ikwco.png

"I do know how tasty brains are, though! Maybe this guy just got a liiiiittle carried away? Forgot his coffee one morning?" Rotty added, offering her unique perspective.

@BarrenThin @Atomyk @Lissamel @Jeremi @Yun Lee @Takumi @New Door

"..."

rsz_hangry_by_teh_zombish-davzul8.jpg

"What's even with you all, mrow?! Scared some house is gonna get mew like you were scared of those dumb plastic people?" she remarked upon resurfacing from wherever she had been slinking about. "Hmph. I could handled those things no problem! Piece of cake, mrow~" she cooed, tail cheerfully wiggling before the newly formed proud expression fell to annoyance.

"...I want cake."

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Klutzy Ninja Kitty
"Uhhh-huh," Rottytops mumbled out while she blankly stared up at the imposing vampire king, "And y'know, the skulls, the teeth, the everything," she added, motioning first to where ornamental skulls were used as clasps for his cloak, then to his sharp rows of teeth, and finally just gesturing in his general direction. As the vampire made his exit, however, Rottytops scrambled after him. "Hey wait up, I wanted to say thanks, you...!" the zombie girl stuttered, again unable to recall a name.

"...I still don't know what your name is," she admitted, following Vlad to the second door,

"I do know how tasty brains are, though! Maybe this guy just got a liiiiittle carried away? Forgot his coffee one morning?" Rotty added, offering her unique perspective.

"..."

rsz_hangry_by_teh_zombish-davzul8.jpg

"What's even with you all, mrow?! Scared some house is gonna get mew like you were scared of those dumb plastic people?" she remarked upon resurfacing from wherever she had been slinking about. "Hmph. I could handled those things no problem! Piece of cake, mrow~" she cooed, tail cheerfully wiggling before the newly formed proud expression fell to annoyance.

"...I want cake."

vceRlbL.png

"Nah, it has to be the heart," Jack comments on Rottytop's words, "the heart is healthy for our body and tastes good. We've never had brains, but it looks unappealing for consumption, if you ask us. So many ridges..."

Jack looked behind to see the cat lady she had previously mistaken for someone else.

"Oh, Atalanta, you're up. We believe we're proceeding."

@Jeremi @Atomyk @Lissamel @Takumi @Verite @Crow @thatguyinthestore @BarrenThin @Archmage Jeremiah @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Kaykay @Khan of the Mardu @Archmage Jeremiah @Midnight Maiden

Vlad simply tilted his head the creature, her nature still not entirely certain to him, though he knew she was Undead. Brains sounded a lot like a zombie, though. "I suppose my attire isn't doing me any favors when it comes to lying low, is it?" The Vampire's lips actually turned up into something of a smile. "And what are you thanking me for, child?" It seemed he was ignoring the question about his name.

As for her own take on what happened, Vlad didn't seem convinced. "No, I don't think that's what it was. It's probably a good deal bigger than that."

"...For they could have been brought as an offering. Such a waste of poor sheep..."

Vlad nodded, the sentiment seeming to resonate with him. After all, unless there was some sort of ultimatum for this after all, then it truly was a waste of perfectly good cattle. "Indeed."

grell-sutcliff--32.8.jpg

"Oh believe me, Robert dear, humans can get up to some rather depraved activities...especially if they're rich enough to get away with it." Grell would be joining Robert and Vlad at the door, lighter at the ready. "A lot of my cases involve the working class who merely serve as stepping stools for the rich to indulge themselves in their sick desires. Perhaps we were brought here to bring this particular one to justice? Well...either that, or he's hoping we could provide a possible next meal."

"Humans are, indeed, a chaotic and fickle group. Order does not come easily to them." Vlad shook his head at Grell's next statement, though. "I doubt our purpose here is half as benevolent as that, Mistress. The latter seems far more likely. We're stripped of our abilities and equipment and thrust into a realm of which we are not familiar. Nefarious intent is certainly on the list of possibilities."

@Yun Lee @thatguyinthestore @Crow @Jeremi @Atomyk @Archmage Jeremiah @Takumi @Kaykay @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @dark @Khan of the Mardu @StudyRoom

Vlad simply tilted his head the creature, her nature still not entirely certain to him, though he knew she was Undead. Brains sounded a lot like a zombie, though. "I suppose my attire isn't doing me any favors when it comes to lying low, is it?" The Vampire's lips actually turned up into something of a smile. "And what are you thanking me for, child?" It seemed he was ignoring the question about his name.

As for her own take on what happened, Vlad didn't seem convinced. "No, I don't think that's what it was. It's probably a good deal bigger than that."

"For getting everyone back on track!" Rottytops answered very quickly, as though it should have been obvious, "I don't know why they were burning plastic, but I know that you talked some sense into them, so, thanks," she repeated her thanks and returned his smile, "And don't think your outfit isn't doing you any favours. Skulls look hot on a guy," Rotty added with a shameless wink.

@BarrenThin @New Door @Short Mobile Post (bleh)

"Well, I'm sure I taste delicious, but only the very lucky get to find that out-and whoever dragged us here never will!" Grell did watch the strange schoolgirl's flirting with a grin. "Ah, a schoolgirl crush. Such an innocent time..." Of course, this girl being attracted to a fellow like Vlad was questionable, but considering the types of men Grell found herself drawn to, she was in no place to judge.

@BarrenThin @Archmage Jeremiah

"For getting everyone back on track!" Rottytops answered very quickly, as though it should have been obvious, "I don't know why they were burning plastic, but I know that you talked some sense into them, so, thanks," she repeated her thanks and returned his smile, "And don't think your outfit isn't doing you any favours. Skulls look hot on a guy," Rotty added with a shameless wink.

@BarrenThin @New Door @Short Mobile Post (bleh)

"Ah." Vlad waved his hand dismissively, as though it was nothing. "As chaotic as the little creature is, such violence is better tempered and given a target than destroyed; So long as he stays to his end of the bargain, he'll prove to be a great asset for us, I believe." His smile, though weary, was genuine. The flirtation was amusing, after all. "Well, thank you, Madam. You flatter me." She either wanted something from him, or she really was just going straight there. Either way, Vlad would be watching her very, very closely. Always looking to make friends, if mostly to manipulate them, the Vampire figured he'd throw her a bone, and see what she did with it. "Very forward of you. I like that." His upper lip curled back further in a half-snarl, half-grin, almost animalistic in nature, before fading almost as quickly as it formed, Vlad's previously stoic expression returning.

"Well, I'm sure I taste delicious, but only the very lucky get to find that out-and whoever dragged us here never will!" Grell did watch the strange schoolgirl's flirting with a grin. "Ah, a schoolgirl crush. Such an innocent time..." Of course, this girl being attracted to a fellow like Vlad was questionable, but considering the types of men Grell found herself drawn to, she was in no place to judge.

@BarrenThin @Archmage Jeremiah

"I'm afraid that our host would find more than a little resistance from our little group, if that is his intention." Vlad nodded in agreement.

@Yun Lee @thatguyinthestore @Crow @Jeremi @Atomyk @Archmage Jeremiah @Takumi @Kaykay @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @dark @Khan of the Mardu