Murder XX: A Night In Terror Town

inFAMOUS_SecondSon-2.jpg

"I'll be happy to, queen. Maybe we can all share them later when they come back.

@ Klutzy ninja Kitty

[B]@Upstairs[/B]
[/QUOTE
"We'll see about that," Queen teased with a smile. She had always secretly wanted to show off her persona power, but was very responsible and wouldn't allow herself to be reckless.

@dark
"He's not asking, but he really deserves it," Sherry replied to the girl. The doll wasn't getting any new friends at this rate. Nor would anyone probably cry if or when he was gone.​

"Or, I just go ahead and anyone who wants to follow can."
Even with her wound Sherry was ready to press onward into the mysterious house.​

"Be-" Sherry had a double take when Sammy came her way, but despite how he looked he hadn't done anything warranting suspicion...yet. "Be my guest. I'll take point anyone else who wants to follow just come after us."

With that Sherry started her descent. If Sammy followed after the darkness hit him straight on not even managing to see a few inches in front of himself. As they climb down, Sammy suddenly heard a scream from Sherry. Sounded like she had fallen. Taking a few more steps he'd realize that one of the ladders steps had broken sending Sherry falling right into the abyss.

He did however hear a soft groan that indicated that she had fallen to the bottom and at least for the time being was alive. Soon enough even Sammy reached the bottom. The darkness enveloped him and he could still not see anything but he could feel something knocking against his feet as he tried to walk around. Maybe if he felt around he could maybe find a light switch? As he pondered that he'd hear Sherry get up. "I-I'm okay!" She shouted up to the others. "Try to see if you could find something that would give us some light down here!"

@Lissamel @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Takumi @Jeremi @Yun Lee @Verite @Kaykay @thatguyinthestore @Josh M @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @LuckycoolHawk9 @dark @ThatAverageGuy @Crow @Upperfloor
"Don't forget someone to open the door for you," Joker cracked with a smile, seemingly not taking the doll's words seriously. However, given his and Queen's past enemies, and how they were forced to fight them... he wouldn't say tha the doll wasn't telling the truth. It certainly had the acidic personality of a killer, and if it wasn't for the horrific scars on its face, it could certainly pass for an innocent toy...

Danger in plain sight, where no one would expect harm to come from. Almost as deceptive as Madarame, and far more dangerous if it were to find a weapon.

@Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Yun Lee @Verite @Josh M @Crow @Atomyk @ThatAverageGuy @LuckycoolHawk9
Queen watched nervously as Sherry would make her way down the hatch with Sammy, flinching when she heard the thud. She was relieved to hear they were okay though, for now at least. "Right, if we find a source of light, that would be helpful," she replied back. She wanted to help, but just hated the dark.

Queen then glanced back to Joker, letting out a sigh. "Is now really the time to be joking around? Come on, let's help look for a source of light."

@Jeremi @Khan of the Mardu @thatguyinthestore @dark @Yun Lee @Verite @Yun Lee @LuckycoolHawk9 @Lissamel @Upstairs

"We'll see about that," Queen teased with a smile. She had always secretly wanted to show off her persona power, but was very responsible and wouldn't allow herself to be reckless.

@dark

Queen watched nervously as Sherry would make her way down the hatch with Sammy, flinching when she heard the thud. She was relieved to hear they were okay though, for now at least. "Right, if we find a source of light, that would be helpful," she replied back. She wanted to help, but just hated the dark.

Queen then glanced back to Joker, letting out a sigh. "Is now really the time to be joking around? Come on, let's help look for a source of light."

@Jeremi @Khan of the Mardu @thatguyinthestore @dark @Yun Lee @Verite @Yun Lee @LuckycoolHawk9 @Lissamel @Upstairs
Joker shot a cat-like grin at his girlfriend before shrugging, "On it. Kind of weird, we never brought flashlights or flares on our missions, did we? And now here we are, wishing we had one."

It was probably a good thing that their situation was so troublesome, for Ethan's sake. Had this all happened under normal circumstances, Grell would be completely losing her mind. The pull from danger, the grip on her shoulders, the holding of her hands...it was all so damn romantic. Unfortunately (or fortunately, really) Grell couldn't be as...enthusiastic about her situation like she normally would. After all, the spat with Chucky and the ensuing singeing of her hand had weathered her good spirits, and all this talk of what year it was for everyone only made it worse! For now, she would at least try to enjoy Ethan's company before the next dreadful thing came along.

"Why, yes, I'm fine, thank you. I'm just glad we kept that Funtom Company reject from the knife. You know he'd turn it on us in an instant." She sighed. "I can't entirely act like I was selfless, of course. To tell the truth, I was hoping to arm myself more than to stop him from arming himself. The freak who brought us here is just toying with us now, and I'm sick of it!" To lighten the mood (or possibly just out of habit), Grell smiled and said,

tumblr_nw7vlhReOl1u2dzt6o1_400.png

"...you're quite good with your hands, you know."
Brays eyes kept in lock step with the man, like predator watching his Prey. A smirk appeared as the man chuckled.

"Your right, it is bullshit. "

Another smile as Bray watched the group for awhile not saying a thing as the group talked about what eras they were from.

"Time. Time's the revelator, or so they say. Most people's lives are meaningless in the grandschame. I know the scheme, I rig the number. I see it all, but do all of you?"
With that Sherry started her descent. If Sammy followed after the darkness hit him straight on not even managing to see a few inches in front of himself. As they climb down, Sammy suddenly heard a scream from Sherry. Sounded like she had fallen. Taking a few more steps he'd realize that one of the ladders steps had broken sending Sherry falling right into the abyss.

He did however hear a soft groan that indicated that she had fallen to the bottom and at least for the time being was alive. Soon enough even Sammy reached the bottom. The darkness enveloped him and he could still not see anything but he could feel something knocking against his feet as he tried to walk around. Maybe if he felt around he could maybe find a light switch? As he pondered that he'd hear Sherry get up. "I-I'm okay!" She shouted up to the others. "Try to see if you could find something that would give us some light down here!"
Even if Seishin possessed the ability to see in the dark, he doubted that would help much. He didn't even know if he could fully count on himself fpr a simple task as that.

"If there isn't anything in here, there could be something in that room to our left." Seishin spoke up to the group as he glanced down into the dark abyss below them momentarily, trying to see if he could at least make out Sherry's form for a second.
tumblr_njebkg_Tnw_U1r05fd6o8_r1_250.gif

"Let's just say I know how a lady ought to be treated," Ethan said to Grell with a lighter expression, letting out a quick breath from his nose. "Don't you worry, Miss Sutcliff. We'll get out of this mess soon enough, I'm sure. As for that... thing..." He paused, briefly gesturing in Chucky's direction, "He just talks big is all, I bet. I ain't any stranger to voodoo curses, but I bet he wouldn't be able to do shit if I kicked him into the sun," Ethan half-jokingly said, hoping to brighten Grell's mood, "And 'sides, seems like everyone's got their eye on him."

He had little to say, meanwhile, to Bray's almost nihilistic views. Indeed, if Ethan had bothered to put more thought into it, he might have suddenly felt much smaller in light of the revelation that others claimed to be from entirely different time periods, whether from the past or the deep future, but his life was already haunted as it was, and he couldn't bear to let himself be bogged down by any other fantastical revelations. He'd already seen so much, likely bound to see even more stranger things, that all the time in the world wouldn't have been enough to allow him to contemplate every little thing he'd gone through.

Especially the things that hit him the hardest.

With that, Ethan proceeded to follow the rest of the group further, but stopped just outside, standing next to Seishin. Nodding briefly to the novelist's words, Ethan leaned forward and called out to Sherry and the others inside. "Seishin makes a good point. Ms. Birkin, you think you'll be able to find something to light the place up, or should we split up for some sort of switch?"

@Yun Lee @Jeremi @Khan of the Mardu @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @dark @Kaykay @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Josh M @Takumi @Others

Even if Seishin possessed the ability to see in the dark, he doubted that would help much. He didn't even know if he could fully count on himself fpr a simple task as that.

"If there isn't anything in here, there could be something in that room to our left." Seishin spoke up to the group as he glanced down into the dark abyss below them momentarily, trying to see if he could at least make out Sherry's form for a second.

@Lissamel @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Jeremi @Yun Lee @Verite @Kaykay @thatguyinthestore @Josh M @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @LuckycoolHawk9 @dark @ThatAverageGuy @Crow @Upperfloor

While Seishin couldn't see Sherry or Sammy down there he could hear her. "Good idea! I'm going to try and see if I can find something down here to put the light on!"

tumblr_njebkg_Tnw_U1r05fd6o8_r1_250.gif

"Let's just say I know how a lady ought to be treated," Ethan said to Grell with a lighter expression, letting out a quick breath from his nose. "Don't you worry, Miss Sutcliff. We'll get out of this mess soon enough, I'm sure. As for that... thing..." He paused, briefly gesturing in Chucky's direction, "He just talks big is all, I bet. I ain't any stranger to voodoo curses, but I bet he wouldn't be able to do shit if I kicked him into the sun," Ethan half-jokingly said, hoping to brighten Grell's mood, "And 'sides, seems like everyone's got their eye on him."

He had little to say, meanwhile, to Bray's almost nihilistic views. Indeed, if Ethan had bothered to put more thought into it, he might have suddenly felt much smaller in light of the revelation that others claimed to be from entirely different time periods, whether from the past or the deep future, but his life was already haunted as it was, and he couldn't bear to let himself be bogged down by any other fantastical revelations. He'd already seen so much, likely bound to see even more stranger things, that all the time in the world wouldn't have been enough to allow him to contemplate every little thing he'd gone through.

Especially the things that hit him the hardest.

With that, Ethan proceeded to follow the rest of the group further, but stopped just outside, standing next to Seishin. Nodding briefly to the novelist's words, Ethan leaned forward and called out to Sherry and the others inside. "Seishin makes a good point. Ms. Birkin, you think you'll be able to find something to light the place up, or should we split up for some sort of switch?"

@Yun Lee @Jeremi @Khan of the Mardu @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @dark @Kaykay @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Josh M @Takumi @Others
"Well I'm not going anywhere!" Sherry shouted back up to Ethan. "Just do your best to stay safe okay?"

If anyone opted to go inside the door to the left they'd find themselves inside what appeared to be a study.

study-in-an-abandoned-mansion-photo-by-iris-beukhof--41336.jpg

Nothing in particular seemed to catch your eye when you walked in but perhaps there was something of interest you could find with some digging?​

@Verite @Yun Lee @Jeremi @Khan of the Mardu @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @dark @Kaykay @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Josh M @Takumi @Others

Joker shot a cat-like grin at his girlfriend before shrugging, "On it. Kind of weird, we never brought flashlights or flares on our missions, did we? And now here we are, wishing we had one."

While Seishin couldn't see Sherry or Sammy down there he could hear her. "Good idea! I'm going to try and see if I can find something down here to put the light on!"

"Well I'm not going anywhere!" Sherry shouted back up to Ethan. "Just do your best to stay safe okay?"

If anyone opted to go inside the door to the left they'd find themselves inside what appeared to be a study.

Nothing in particular seemed to catch your eye when you walked in but perhaps there was something of interest you could find with some digging?​

@Verite @Yun Lee @Jeremi @Khan of the Mardu @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @dark @Kaykay @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Josh M @Takumi @Others
"You're right. It's strange how well-lit most Palaces were, isn't it?" Queen replied to Joker before she would move to examine the room to the left with any of the others who were interested. "Let's see what we can find." She decided to open a cabinet and look inside.

@Khan of the Mardu @Jeremi @Verite @Yun Lee @dark @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Takumi @Lissamel

tumblr_oozwysKQ4T1tjgiq4o1_500.gif

"My goodness, you really are a gentleman," Grell replied, Ethan's lighter demeanor raising her own as well. "If only disposing of that thing were so easy...I get the feeling it will be tailing us for some time-at least until we can find a way to chop it up into pieces so it leaves us alone." And while they were at it, they could chop Bray up too. Constantly pestering Ethan, taking his attention away from Grell...he was practically that little Phantomhive brat all grown up!

Nevertheless, Grell would follow Ethan and Queen and whoever else into the study. "How utterly derelict this building is! It's probably crawling with asbestos...word of the wise, by the way, that actually does kill people, and lots of them. A little insider info from the Grim Reapers from me to you." Grell would examine the desk-not touching anything just yet, though.

@Verite @Jeremi @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Takumi

tumblr_inline_o0vlozPAhE1rxsf53_100.png

"No promises, Ms. Birkin. Fortune favors the bold, after all. Even if fortune can be quite the fickle mistress herself at times," he said, and with that, looked around in the new room along with Queen and the others.

"Hopefully, we don't find another mirror," Ethan audibly quipped, before deciding to look over the shelves for anything that might have been of interest. Not likely, in Ethan's own mind, but he may as well do his share while the others looked at the more practical spots.

@Yun Lee @Jeremi @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @dark @Khan of the Mardu @Takumi @LeftRoom

"He's not asking, but he really deserves it," Sherry replied to the girl. The doll wasn't getting any new friends at this rate. Nor would anyone probably cry if or when he was gone.​

"Or, I just go ahead and anyone who wants to follow can."
Even with her wound Sherry was ready to press onward into the mysterious house.​

"Be-" Sherry had a double take when Sammy came her way, but despite how he looked he hadn't done anything warranting suspicion...yet. "Be my guest. I'll take point anyone else who wants to follow just come after us."

@Lissamel @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Takumi @Jeremi @Yun Lee @Verite @Kaykay @thatguyinthestore @Josh M @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @LuckycoolHawk9 @dark @ThatAverageGuy @Crow @Upperfloor

With the blessing of the lord's apostle, not to mention Sherry being all too keen on leading the way, Sammy too made his decent. He kept quiet for most of it, hands leaving a small smudge of ink on every rung of the ladder as his hands touched it.

He wondered--For a fleeting moment--If this constituted wandering. The thought worried him. As any follower of the savior such as himself would know, wandering was a terrible sin. Still, perhaps he could plead his innocence, insist he was justified--

Sherry screamed; and Sammy's breath caught for just a moment. The moment fled. Seems the ladder had split--Some ink from the bottom of his 'foot' dripped down to the next rung below to confirm this. He made it to the bottom, and Sherry was fine, so she said. Comforting. He could feel something a bit odd underfoot, but he turned his head, reaching to the side to attempt to find something of a wall. From there, perhaps there'd be something he could work with. Matches. Shelves. Candles.

"Oh, savior, in the darkness please be my light..." He murmured to himself in his search, then added, with a bit of annoyance that may have stemmed from days long since past, "If even it could see in this darkness, which I doubt..."

[ @Jeremi ]​

In the end, Numahime simply laughed quietly to herself as the others exchanged what "time" they were from. Telling them of her own time period would simply be meaningless considering she didn't use their same method of telling the year anymore. Such was being a part of the world of the new Throne holder.

Besides, the large scruffy man's babbling continued to not put her in the best of moods, current situation aside.

"Let's see if there's anything around here~"

She still spoke brightly, for now ignoring the things that were getting under her skin. There didn't seem to be anything of interest that was immediately obvious, so she just took a general look around the place.

@Jeremi

"You're right. It's strange how well-lit most Palaces were, isn't it?" Queen replied to Joker before she would move to examine the room to the left with any of the others who were interested. "Let's see what we can find." She decided to open a cabinet and look inside.

@Khan of the Mardu @Jeremi @Verite @Yun Lee @dark @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Takumi @Lissamel

Makoto was meet with the remains of a dead rat in the cabinet she opened, no doubt it had been laying there for quite some time. The other cabinets did not seem to have much else in them except that housed a silver fork and knife set.

tumblr_oozwysKQ4T1tjgiq4o1_500.gif

"My goodness, you really are a gentleman," Grell replied, Ethan's lighter demeanor raising her own as well. "If only disposing of that thing were so easy...I get the feeling it will be tailing us for some time-at least until we can find a way to chop it up into pieces so it leaves us alone." And while they were at it, they could chop Bray up too. Constantly pestering Ethan, taking his attention away from Grell...he was practically that little Phantomhive brat all grown up!

Nevertheless, Grell would follow Ethan and Queen and whoever else into the study. "How utterly derelict this building is! It's probably crawling with asbestos...word of the wise, by the way, that actually does kill people, and lots of them. A little insider info from the Grim Reapers from me to you." Grell would examine the desk-not touching anything just yet, though.

@Verite @Jeremi @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Takumi

Grell would notice a torn page on the desk with writing on it:

Famine struck the town and we were cut off from the world.

That blasted storm! How dare it inconvenience me!

The common folk were starving.

But I wont starve. Oh no I shan't.

Banquets day and night.

It's quite peculiar

What you will eat when you're hungry...

"No promises, Ms. Birkin. Fortune favors the bold, after all. Even if fortune can be quite the fickle mistress herself at times," he said, and with that, looked around in the new room along with Queen and the others.

"Hopefully, we don't find another mirror," Ethan audibly quipped, before deciding to look over the shelves for anything that might have been of interest. Not likely, in Ethan's own mind, but he may as well do his share while the others looked at the more practical spots.

No mirrors were in the room but the shelves were lined with books whose pages had withered away long ago. Though there was one book that might have caught Ethan's attention. It was hanging a few inches outside of the shelf compared to the other books there and seemed to be in surprisingly good shape.

With the blessing of the lord's apostle, not to mention Sherry being all too keen on leading the way, Sammy too made his decent. He kept quiet for most of it, hands leaving a small smudge of ink on every rung of the ladder as his hands touched it.

He wondered--For a fleeting moment--If this constituted wandering. The thought worried him. As any follower of the savior such as himself would know, wandering was a terrible sin. Still, perhaps he could plead his innocence, insist he was justified--

Sherry screamed; and Sammy's breath caught for just a moment. The moment fled. Seems the ladder had split--Some ink from the bottom of his 'foot' dripped down to the next rung below to confirm this. He made it to the bottom, and Sherry was fine, so she said. Comforting. He could feel something a bit odd underfoot, but he turned his head, reaching to the side to attempt to find something of a wall. From there, perhaps there'd be something he could work with. Matches. Shelves. Candles.

"Oh, savior, in the darkness please be my light..." He murmured to himself in his search, then added, with a bit of annoyance that may have stemmed from days long since past, "If even it could see in this darkness, which I doubt..."

[ @Jeremi ]​

As Sammy felt his way across the wall he'd feel a small protrusion of some sorts. It almost felt like he could flip it. Sherry meanwhile was doing her best to find something but there seemed to be nothing on her end.

Grell stuck her tongue out in disgust. "Oh, don't tell me this was written by a cannibal!" Now she really didn't want to examine this place further. Very carefully, Grell would try opening the drawers of the desk-hopefully avoiding any burns, this time.

@Jeremi @Verite @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Takumi @Kaykay

The Devil soon joined the search for a light source. To his dismay however he could not find anything

"If only I had my powers I could just make a light source."

He said with an actual frown on his face for once.

@everyone

Grell stuck her tongue out in disgust. "Oh, don't tell me this was written by a cannibal!" Now she really didn't want to examine this place further. Very carefully, Grell would try opening the drawers of the desk-hopefully avoiding any burns, this time.

One drawer in particular had an item of interest. An ornate lighter with silver and what appeared to be bone carvings around it depicting a wolf. If Grell tried to use it she'd find it to be in working order.

@Yun Lee @Verite @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Takumi @Kaykay @StudyRoom

As Sammy felt his way across the wall he'd feel a small protrusion of some sorts. It almost felt like he could flip it. Sherry meanwhile was doing her best to find something but there seemed to be nothing on her end.

Hm?

What was this? Sammy took a moment to feel over the protrusion in the wall. A switch? Sammy was no stranger to switches, but the ones he was used to were larger, usually meant to power cumbersome machines or drain ink from the bottom of stairwells (the thought of that sent his thoughts into an angry tizzy, which he worked to quiet).

"I think I found something," He said to Sherry. "I'm going to flip it--If anything changes, notify me."

Thus he attempted to flip the switch.

[ @Jeremi ]​

"I did it! I found the light source!" Grell displayed it proudly for everyone to see. "Let's go light up that little hole, shall we? Or perhaps we should fashion them a torch down there for more light? Fire has so many wonderful uses."

@Jeremi @Verite @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Kaykay @Takumi

Makoto was meet with the remains of a dead rat in the cabinet she opened, no doubt it had been laying there for quite some time. The other cabinets did not seem to have much else in them except that housed a silver fork and knife set.

Grell would notice a torn page on the desk with writing on it:

Famine struck the town and we were cut off from the world.

That blasted storm! How dare it inconvenience me!

The common folk were starving.

But I wont starve. Oh no I shan't.

Banquets day and night.

It's quite peculiar

What you will eat when you're hungry...

No mirrors were in the room but the shelves were lined with books whose pages had withered away long ago. Though there was one book that might have caught Ethan's attention. It was hanging a few inches outside of the shelf compared to the other books there and seemed to be in surprisingly good shape.

"Ugh, don't remind me about that mirror," Queen remarked to Ethan, lightly cringing before she peered into the cabinet. When she spotted the rat she groaned and stepped back. "Disgusting. Well, there's nothing useful in the cabinets. Anyone else find anything interesting?" she asked the others before, moving over to see what Grell had found. "Ah it looks like you did find something! Good work." She glanced around the room for a moment. "I guess we could make a torch. The light would last longer that way."

@Jeremi @Verite @thatguyinthestore @Khan of the Mardu @Yun Lee

The events that transpired after the mirror was dropped went by faster than Robert could properly comprehend. He'd been, one could say, intrigued up to that point by this strange situation. He had at first thought it all to be little more than a lucid dream, but Robert knew quickly that it wasn't quite so simple. Once the nature of the mirror had been made clear, the terrible reality situation began to dawn on Robert.

Robert loved the idea of the supernatural, but he knew most of it was plain bullshit. Most of it. He'd seen things during his life that had given him pause, things that could not be explained. It excited him to a degree, burning a fire inside of him that Robert found in little else these days. He felt it now, making his heart beat fast as he and the others vacated the clothing store. He savoured it, but knew he shouldn't indulge for long.

As the mannequins came to life, the thought at the back of Robert's mind jumped to the forefront; sinister things were lurking here. It didn't take a man with an interest in cryptozoology to see that.

When the bullets went flying, Robert found himself breaking off from the pack. That was in his nature, after all. As the others piled into the mansion, he descended into the shadows, a part of him almost wanting to lose himself. A man like him, it was what he deserved. Maybe all this, whether a dream or not, was just his fate. Imprisoned in a deserted town filled with man's greatest fears.

Purgatory.

Perhaps it was fate as well that Robert ended up rejoining the others, specifically those he had spoken to briefly in the clothing store. He appeared just as nonchalantly as before, coming up beside Ethan to eye the books on the shelves. The one hanging out seemed almost too conveniently placed to Robert, much like most in this place.

2gPIN2U.png

"What are you hoping to find?" he asked sincerely. "... Places like this, they have a power to them. Not just in a spiritual sense-- something more. Something innate to the desolation. You get me?"

Convenient or not, Robert went ahead and grabbed the peculiar book.

@Jeremi @Yun Lee @Verite @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Takumi @Kaykay @StudyRoom

Hm?

What was this? Sammy took a moment to feel over the protrusion in the wall. A switch? Sammy was no stranger to switches, but the ones he was used to were larger, usually meant to power cumbersome machines or drain ink from the bottom of stairwells (the thought of that sent his thoughts into an angry tizzy, which he worked to quiet).

"I think I found something," He said to Sherry. "I'm going to flip it--If anything changes, notify me."

Thus he attempted to flip the switch.

[ @Jeremi ]​

Sherry didn't require to inform him because when Sammy flipped the switch the area would be illuminated by a lamp that was flickering in the ceiling. Now that the room was lit they could see that there wasn't much to it. The walls were bare, painted in a dull gray tone and not much else. "Oh my God!" But with light came clarity. The things they had been kicking around on the floor had been bones. Human by the looks of it if the skulls were any indicating.

"I think I liked this room more when it was dark..." Sherry responded grabbing the wall as support. As they stood about they suddenly heard something...was that...crying?

Looking to the source in a less lit corner of the area they could spy what appeared to be little girl all huddled up sobbing softly to herself.

@Lissamel @HatchRoom

The events that transpired after the mirror was dropped went by faster than Robert could properly comprehend. He'd been, one could say, intrigued up to that point by this strange situation. He had at first thought it all to be little more than a lucid dream, but Robert knew quickly that it wasn't quite so simple. Once the nature of the mirror had been made clear, the terrible reality situation began to dawn on Robert.

Robert loved the idea of the supernatural, but he knew most of it was plain bullshit. Most of it. He'd seen things during his life that had given him pause, things that could not be explained. It excited him to a degree, burning a fire inside of him that Robert found in little else these days. He felt it now, making his heart beat fast as he and the others vacated the clothing store. He savoured it, but knew he shouldn't indulge for long.

As the mannequins came to life, the thought at the back of Robert's mind jumped to the forefront; sinister things were lurking here. It didn't take a man with an interest in cryptozoology to see that.

When the bullets went flying, Robert found himself breaking off from the pack. That was in his nature, after all. As the others piled into the mansion, he descended into the shadows, a part of him almost wanting to lose himself. A man like him, it was what he deserved. Maybe all this, whether a dream or not, was just his fate. Imprisoned in a deserted town filled with man's greatest fears.

Purgatory.

Perhaps it was fate as well that Robert ended up rejoining the others, specifically those he had spoken to briefly in the clothing store. He appeared just as nonchalantly as before, coming up beside Ethan to eye the books on the shelves. The one hanging out seemed almost too conveniently placed to Robert, much like most in this place.

2gPIN2U.png

"What are you hoping to find?" he asked sincerely. He looked briefly toward the individual made of ink within the room, but said nothing on the matter. Robert didn't know where he'd begin. "... Places like this, they have a power to them. Not just in a spiritual sense-- something more. Something innate to the desolation. You get me?"

Convenient or not, Robert went ahead and grabbed the peculiar book.

@Jeremi @Yun Lee @Verite @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Takumi @Kaykay @StudyRoom

Pulling on the book, Robert realized that it was some sort of mechanism connected to the bookcase that clicked open and pulled into the side revealing an opening in the wall.

Inside was an ax hanging from the wall. The blade was colored red, and both Ethan and Robert felt a whiff of rust as the bookcase slid aside. It seemed that the ax was of great importance hidden away like this.

@Atomyk @Yun Lee @Verite @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Takumi @Kaykay @StudyRoom

"I did it! I found the light source!" Grell displayed it proudly for everyone to see. "Let's go light up that little hole, shall we? Or perhaps we should fashion them a torch down there for more light? Fire has so many wonderful uses."

2gPIN2U.png

"What are you hoping to find?" he asked sincerely. He looked briefly toward the individual made of ink within the room, but said nothing on the matter. Robert didn't know where he'd begin. "... Places like this, they have a power to them. Not just in a spiritual sense -- something more. Something innate to the desolation. You get me?"

Convenient or not, Robert went ahead and grabbed the peculiar book.​
Pulling on the book, Robert realized that it was some sort of mechanism connected to the bookcase that clicked open and pulled into the side revealing an opening in the wall.

Inside was an ax hanging from the wall. The blade was colored red, and both Ethan and Robert felt a whiff of rust as the bookcase slid aside. It seemed that the ax was of great importance hidden away like this.
tumblr_inline_o0vlvsHRnr1rxsf53_100.png

"Good show, Ms. Sutcliff. If you can manage to find something to fashion into a torch with, be my guest. I'll be just a sec," he called over to Grell, not bothering at the moment to glance back as he continued looking over the shelves before Robert appeared next to him just as he took notice of the peculiar book.

"At this point? Anything. Maybe even a hat to pull a rabbit out of, or a way out of this place," Ethan grumbled in response to Robert, letting him take a hold of the book to see what might have been inside. When Robert spoke more, talking of "power" and "places like this," Ethan gave a short nod, if not a small, amused breath.

"Well, I suppose you have a better way with words than I do, but I do see what you're getting at," he replied, tugging at his collar lightly, before going on again, "Ever since I got here, I've been feeling all sorts of rattled, and not just because of this whole situation with the... with the waking up somewhere else around people who say they're from goddamn 1456 or something. No, there's... something more to it. Like around every corner, there could be some kind of phantom -- a looming darkness -- lurking around, a surprise that can hide at any cor--"

Ethan stopped himself when Robert's action from before had suddenly caused the wall to open up a bit, the abrupt happenstance causing him to draw a sharp breath and instinctively step back, before he quickly calmed himself down. Peering inside the opening and taking note of the ax lodged in there, Ethan grimaced briefly, waving his hand in front of him as though to dispel the strong musk inside, before braving to reach inside and take the ax if able to.

"Y'know... After spending enough time with Indians, you can't help but feel close to a tomahawk like they are. Or an axe, at the very least," Ethan said nonchalantly in the meantime.

@Atomyk @Yun Lee @Jeremi @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Kaykay @Takumi @StudyRoom