FateGuard

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is looks like fun... Is it possible I can stalk the RP since it appears that this one may be full

Right, new chapter coming shortly. Just breaking for lunch.

Usual drill - if you want to sit this one out let me know, otherwise this is gonna be set the day after the pardoning of the FateGuard.

Marceline, this is the perfect time to join. You can either be a new recruit or someone who's just been lying low till now. Alternatively, you can take over some of our inactive characters listed here, namely Castanamir, Harrel, Dyne, Alexander, Melody, or Jelyssa.

Welcome aboard.

*goes to lunch*

So at this point I have two questions for you Asmo.

1.) Was Corben in the FateGuard that confronted Arcanium fourteen years ago? Wood and I talked what-ifs a little back when we met in September and agreed that Eric would have been but I was curious about Corben.

2.) Would it be okay if I was to expand on his personality and backstory with the old FateGuard?

Hmm... Corben would have just been a new recruit by then I think. Maybe not even a fully fledged watchman, but rather a squire or serving boy. So I'll say yeah - those were Corben's first years in the FateGuard.

Right, the new chapter's up. It's the start of a new day, so let's go about our civilian business and do some character development before Malwin turns up with the Plot Monster.

I'd be willing to take control of Alexander, granted I don't have to use his personality... Also I've played Dnd before so perhaps that saves you an explanation about how dice work eh wot?

Yeah, you can play Alexander. He didn't really establish much of a personality anyway, so it'll be cool for you to take him in a new direction.

o_O

Dice? Whut?

Dice? We don't use no freakin' dice!

Anyway. Post up. Tried giving a baseline for Arcanium's personality into his steady mental decline over the course of his fighting the FateGuard fourteen years prior. I imagine he's rather omnicidal when it comes to the FateGuard and still very sore over being foiled fourteen years ago.

So. I've got a question. One that's been bugging me for...awhile now.

Are we ever going to fucking see Tahan's armor again? Considering that the armor and the fact that he's not melted by it are his holy and magic blessing I find myself increasingly irritated that Tahan is fighting and doing just as well as any of us without them. Could have sworn what defined a FateGuard was the fact that they used holy or magical blessing to battle the evils of the wall, yet the little weirdo gets to run around them without any negative consequences. Under the pretense of what? It's sooper dooper secret so no one can know so he can just fight as well without them for the sake of this secret armor project that's gone nowhere in how long? Like we're not going to notice when Tahan goes missing and the armor shows up?

Really starting to piss me off.

Sorry I was thinking of a different roleplay... <///< Anyways what is Alexander doing at this point and where is he etc?

*glances at the Armour of Saint Leiterman, gathering dust in the corner*

>__>

Well, the only benefit of Tahan's armour seems to be a slight robustness, so it's not like he's circumvented the possibility of getting stabbed in his squishy parts. And Corben, likewise, has gone three chapters without using his armour and failed to develop his subplot with his treacherous wife. So I think me and him are on par when it comes to "running around without our character sheets". I think the stealth/investigation nature of the story so far has led to many of us not using our battle aspects.

But yeah, Corben and Tahan should definitely suit up in this chapter. I encourage everyone to get back to their more orthodox roots in this segment.

He helped us slay a dragon in chapter one by grabbing hold of its wing and stopping it from going airborne.

Then he investigated a werewolf with us in chapter two and helped restrain it when we cornered it in its home (it turned out to be Ferrick, one of our own people, who we later sent into exile).

Then I NPCed him here and here.

That's all we've seen of him.

Okay, we need a volunteer to be showing Jenra the ropes.

Anyone fancy making their intro a training scene with Faulkner's character?

Yeah, I mean. Erilyn has been wandering without her shield for two chapters, since she was in a dress in one and dressed as a common boy in another.
Her chains have only really been used for their silver, to restrain Ferrick...
They've been adapting to the situations...

Status
Not open for further replies.