Zombie Apocalypse Rp! IC

Should I make this into an individual rp too?

• Yes

Votes: 2 66.7%
  • No

Votes: 1 33.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Bethany Owen|Mood: Terrified|With: Tatterdemalion and Leigh
Bethany ducked and dodged, smacking bodies with her bat. When they ran into the house, she quickly locked the front door, and shoved the bookcase they had been using as a barricade near the door, ready to be pushed all the way. "Might not be time for that." She muttered, feeling a bit sorry for the driver. She quickly ran into the kitchen. She grabbed a backpack from a cupboard, and hauled it upstairs. It was her things, that she was keeping away from Leigh. It had some food inside, which she knew would come in handy. She sprinted up the stairs, but returned to the bottom floor. "We can wait for her a bit, but we'll need time to dismantle the steps."

She didn't want to leave that person, but she also didn't want to be sitting ducks. She did stay near the door, though, keeping her weight on it, waiting for something to try and smash their way in. Soon enough, some pounding. Nothing she couldn't handle. More pounding. It was getting heavier. She gestured to the bookcase. "Get that ready, if any more come by, I can't keep it shut." She told her.

Leigh Darling|Mood: Anxious|With: Tatterdemalion and Bethany

When the two made their way into the house, Leigh watched as they did what they had to. His gun was pointed down, but he was watching precariously out a boarded up window. At this rate, they might almost have to get to his old house. There wasn't much food, so they'd have to collect, but there was a lot of land, and it was all fenced up. They could garden, if they could find seeds. They could farm if they came upon animals. The house itself, though he hated to say it, could be dismantled slightly to get wood and other materials. It was a large and old house, there would be many materials to be gathered.

[dash=#ff0000]Ramon Alvarez|Mood: Worried|With: Briar Rose

Ramon shrugged. "Eh, whatever. Ain't too many people around to be intimidating to." He told her, listening to her go on about armor. He found it kind of funny that she knew all of this stuff, but didn't mind. At least there would be someone around to recall history. "Well, armor would be pretty nice. But yeah, should do some tests first. Don't wanna get all cocky only to find out the armor don't hold up against teeth." He said, also hearing the rustling. He readied his bat, watching the dead come closer. "Shit..." He breathed, thinking quickly. If he tried to fight, he could easily get overpowered. Then again, running would likely just attract more. He quickly looked past them, noticing that there was no others. At least not a large amount. "Stay here for a bit." He told the girl. Shaking his head, he walked towards them. He veered to the side, now walking backwards a bit. "Mira! Mira! Vamos, de esta manera!" He called to them. When one got close, he quickly swung at its head a couple times, downing it for good with the nails on his bat.

They seemed to now ignore Briar Rose, except for the one who was crawling. He noticed that one may just be so far deteriorated, that it just didn't hear him. However, he wasn't too concerned. He had seen the slingshot she pulled out, and the fire poker she kept. She obviously could use them, or she wouldn't be alive right now. He'd down them one at a time, and then they could get going. He also noticed she only had pebbles for ammo, as far as he could see. He'd have to find her some ball bearings from a few of the cars.[/dash]

"Come on!" She yelled, going a bit faster. They kept following. She pulled out a container. It contained blood. She always had these in case of emergencies. "Don't shoot them! It'll only attract them! I'm getting them out of this town to keep you safe!" She yelled. "If I don't come back by sun down, go looking for me! If I'm with them, kill me and take my gear! The bike has a lot of gas left!" She yelled. She was getting them farther away. One tried to wander and she opened the container of blood, spilling a little bit. It smelled it and came back. She revved her bike, creating more sound.

:Emily:

'Steady breath, ignore the civi's.' Her grip on her rifle tightened ever so much as she heard them panic when they noticed the horde. The girl on the bike popped a damb blood jar and began leading them my way. She was going to get herself killed. There was momentary static before a male voice chimed into her ear. "Ok Em. Easy does it. I got you in my sight's. Looks like the girl on the bike is headed your way take her down." Emilly brought the cigarette to her mouth. Dry, hot. She inhales and let's out a slow drag before dropping it to the ground and reaching around the corner of the wall she was behind. In a a split second the had grabbed the girls bike handle and pulled on it turning her bike around the wall and past her. Emily turned long enough to shout. Seal that jar and stay here. We've got this under control!" She then grabbed her rifle and chambered a round dipping around the wall spraying off a volley of inconsiquential shots.

She fired a few more volleys as she continued leading them down the street. Finally she slung her rifle and began to leep from spot to spot down the street. It didn't take long for any onloolers to realize why. As the Zed's continued to follow her one by one the ground underneath them exploded as they walked through a mine field. Rocks body parts and shrapnel rained down from the sky as the horde began to thin out. Emily stalled long enough to celebrate before it was too late. One of them had it's hands on her and she didn't have enough time to grab her knife. She was . . . In theblink of an eye it's head nearly exploded backwords as a rifle round toar through it's skull and rotting grey matter. Emilly Gave a quick nod towards the sky in thanks before bringing her hand to her ear piece saying "Thanks Marcus. I owe you. What's the sit rep on hoarde number two?"

"em. We got a problem, The minefield caught the attention of a third hoard. We need to link up and roll out. You need to inform the civies of what's coming so they can move out."

"Roger that. Over and Out." Emilly lowered her hand and unslung her rifle, popping the clip and loading it with spare rounds from her pack. She quickly loaded the gun and chambered a round before clicking the safety on and Heading back towards the girl with the bike. When she got back to her she held one hand up in a sign of peace and her other hand held out in a sign of friendship as she said." Sorry about that. Me and my partner had been tracking that horde for a while. You guys almost spoiled our trap. But that's not why I'm still here. There are two more even bigger hoards heading this way. Me and my partner were going to meet up back at that house and then decide where we were going after that. The names Emily by the way.

"I'm Cry." She said. Her voice box made her voice deep and her flat chest made her look like a guy, so you couldn't really tell what gender she was. The visor was also shaded so you couldn't see her face. She put the container back. "Thanks for that. I was expecting to be killed." She laughed.

Emily chuckled before taking off her hat saying "That's what we jarheads are for." She quickly surveyed the area before drawing her rifle saying "We got zeds incoming. It's best we move out the rest of the survivors might need our help."

"Right." She said. She slowly took off her helmet. She ran a hand through her messy hair. "What's your name?" She asked she started looking back through her bag.

Drip, Drip, Drip
Emily took in the sight as she took off her helmet. Marcus had told her it was a girl heading her way but still, she was caught off guard by how attractive and young she was. In what was left of the world it was so hard to find young beauty anymore. But a supple face could hide many scars. She wondered what kind of scars lay hidden behind that beauty. Both mental . . . and Physical. Her thoughts were cut off when she asked her name Emily smiled before saying "The Names Emily. But people just call me Em."
Drip, Drip, Drip
Emily gripped her side tightly with one hand while bringing the other to her ear saying in a hushed tone. "Marcus, wherever you are you need to hurry up."

"Why what's up?" She could hear the panic in his voice as he spoke. Emily glanced back at the girl for a moment rolling the dice in her mind trying to decide if she was trustworthy or not before looking down at her side. There was a large jagged piece of metal jutting out from between two of her ribs. She couldn't tell if either of them were broken but the pain was really starting to hit her and at the rate she was bleeding she would either bleed out or attract the zeds.

"Marcus . . ." She took one final glance back at the girl before saying "I'm hit. I'm bleeding pretty bad. The wound looks pretty bad. I hope you still have that stapler." The last bit she added trying to lighten the mood, more so for herself out of fear. Slowly she leaned against a wall as she unclipped her earpiece and turning on the radio on her hip, Marcus' voice coming through loud and clear.

". . . ist Em! Shit ok, can you make it to the house. . ." the sound of gunfire on his end caused static to chirp through the radio for a moment before he came back through loud and clear. "Fuck! Alright hold tight I'm on my way!" Glancing back at the girl Emily cocked a half worried grin before saying "You wouldn't happen to have a band aid would you?

Serenity made her way around the corner with her silenced pistol in hand, upon hearing the commotion of the other survivors. Holding it up just enough to aim quickly, but not enough to immediately point at someone and look hostile, she looked the survivors over a good bit, being cautious to stay out of sight, or so she thought. The truth in her mind was that she didn't want to be seen, but didn't necessarily not want to be seen. Sery had a thing with groups, being that the last group she joined up with were bandits, and met an unfortunate demise not long after. Her basic thought was that she didn't know these people, and she didn't fully know if she even wanted to be a part of them. the masked female watched from afar as they chattered on, and answered one girls' question in her mind. My name is Sery, heh, she thought, giggling ever so softly at it.

Breath hitching. Vision begins to blur as fingers coil around cold steel. She hears a sound, but she isn't sure what. In a flurry of motions she drops to one knee and aims her rifle in the sound of the noise . . . but her vision is so blurred that she can't make out anything. But she hols her ground keeping on a brave face as she holds up one hand in a sign of piece saying "Who ever . . ." or whatever" . . . is there I mean you no harm!" The longer she held her hand up the more her side began to hurt, until finally her arm slowly dropped to her side.

"Let me see what happened." She said. She looked through her bag and pulled out a small first-aid kit. "I have some stuff. Not a lot. Let me help you somewhere." When she started talking to someone, or thing, she pulled out her crossbow and knife.

Serenity lurked out of the shadows, unsure if the words were directed to her. After all, she was sure she was hidden well enough. Did she hit something with her foot, or maybe she knocked something over? Nonetheless, she came out slowly, weapon still slightly drawn. "S-sorry, I didn't mean to disturb you all.." Sery started, holstering her pistol. "I was just passing through, and heard a commotion, so I decided to see what was going on. I'm... Sery." The lone wolf stated, shifting her weight to one leg, and looking the group over.

She still held her crossbow up. "Can we trust you?" She asked. She slowly started to lower it.

Tatterdemalion:

"Aye," Tatterdemalion said, leaning against the bookcase so she could be ready to shove it into place. More gunfire in the distance. It sounded heavier than Motorcycle Woman's pistol; rapid three-round bursts. Military? she wondered. It sounded like the gunfire of soldiers from the early days, all crisp and professional. Then, louder, deeper booms, oddly muffled. Artillery? I'd think that'd be louder, but what do I know about artillery? Another, louder gunshot, from a different direction. I hope she's alright...

"It seems our rider is nae alone. Nor we either, if yonder sounds be th' harbingers o' the comin' of an armed troop. Have ye a way of escape from this place?" She couldn't hear the chugging engines of any military vehicles, but if they were coming, she preferred to be long gone before they arrived. Being disarmed or drafted into an ultimately futile effort to prop up some fragmentary remnant of the World That Was was a fate she preferred to avoid. Especially since it would involve being bossed around by people with guns and trucks and told she had to play along with their story, rather than living one of her own.

Briar Rose:

Briar Rose wasn't sure what to think when Ramon told her to stay put while he went off to face the zeds with his bat. On the one hand, he was a grownup, so she felt she ought to respect his wishes. On the other hand, the 'stay here and let me deal with this because you're a useless child' aspect felt...unpleasant. She had promised not to be a burden, hadn't she?

Briar Rose awoke to the sound of shouting. Mum and dad, fighting again. From the sound of it, over the details of the "family" Christmas Eve party, and the Christmas party; both public events being held to fete various movers and shakers Mr. Darling either had as business associates, or wanted to. By the time she had bathed and dressed, the row was still...rowing. Nervously, she descended marble steps to the dining room, where Breakfast Was Served, 6:30, on the dot.

"Oh, there she is now, your little whelp. Perhaps this year you could at least see to it that she looks presentable, instead of like some disheveled Dickensian waif?" Theodoric said.

"Really, Theo?
Must you bully her at every possible opportunity?" Mum said, "It was nine years ago! If you honestly can't forgive, can't move on and help me try to make this marriage work, why don't we announce our upcoming messy divorce at the party!"

"Oh come now, dear, would you really want that? Why, she'd
become a Dickensian waif, living on the street--on Christmas Eve of all times. We'll manage, just like we always have. But still, things would have been so much better if you'd borne me a daughter, instead of spawning her with someone else--"

"Maybe if you could--" Mum cut herself off. The way her eyes flicked to Briar Rose, the girl deduced that the direction she would have headed in was one she did not want to go 'in front of the child.' "Fine. Be angry with me all you like, but you've got no good reason to hate Briar Rose. She's an innocent child, and she'd love you as her father if you'd give her half the chance."

"Oh, I don't hate her, April. I just don't see any reason for her to exist."

Briar Rose pushed the memory away, the sounds of their voices, the smirk on Leigh's face... The zeds were trying to swarm Ramon as he moved and swung his bat, taking them down one by one. A quick glance at the crawler headed her way; plenty of time. She pulled her slingshot back all the way, aimed at the one farthest from Ramon and let fly. Thwack! It staggered, then went down in a twitching heap. Thwack! Only a glancing blow this time, but it left the next zed dazed for a moment before it turned and started to shamble in her direction. Plenty of time. She reached down and pulled the fireplace poker from the Lion's scabbard, released her slingshot to hang from its arm-brace long enough to take the poker in a two-handed grip and thrust it through the crawler's eye socket. Her mouth twisted in a grimace of revulsion as she pulled it back out with a sickening squelch, dripping with fetid gore.

She set it down carefully on the ground at her feet, then took up her slingshot again. Thwack! The other zed fell back and thumped to the ground. By this time, Ramon had dispatched the others, and a couple more that had emerged, drawn by the sounds of battle. She decided it would be really good to have him around...so long as he reciprocated the notion instead of deciding that she had no reason to exist.

Leigh Darling|Mood: Hesitant|With: Tatterdemalion, Bethany, and some strangers
Leigh sighed, then nodded. "I have a place." He said, gesturing out the window. "It's huge. Enough to fit at least a hundred if people didn't mind squishing together." He gestured towards a window that led onto a bit of an eave. "We can escape that way. The house is about seven miles from here. It would take us a little while." He said, shouldering his gun, now watching the people outside talk. She looked a lot like military. Something he was glad of. They could help them. But then again, what if they weren't military? He imagined large gangs wouldn't be completely unheard of. With the horde now dispersed, he made his way to the front door, opening it slightly. Now there were three people. "She looks hurt." He heard Bethany gasp slightly. She did indeed.

Bethany Owen|Mood: Helpful|With: Leigh, Tatterdemalion, and some strangers
Bethany wasn't pleased with seeing that woman hurt. So, she quickly unlocked the door, and ran out. "You guys should come in. She needs to lie down." She told them, hands in the air so they wouldn't shoot. "We have cloth and stuff you can use for bandages. We do also have some food if she needs strength." She looked over at the house. "Just over here. Do you need help getting to the door, ma'am?" She asked Emily.

[dash=#ff0000]Ramon Alvarez|Mood: Relieved|With: Briar Rose
Ramon nodded at her prowess at fighting, finishing off a few more. When more came through, he quickly ran forward, and smashed them. He had a close call, one almost scratched him. He had seen the things that would do to a person. After waiting for a while, no others came. He laughed a bit, then moved to a car. "Alright, good shootin' Tex." He told her jokingly, in a faux southern accent. He opened a car hood, digging around a bit. He came back with a handful of wires, which he promptly shoved into has backpack. "Cover me." He said, falling to the ground and shuffling underneath the car. It was a tight squeeze, especially with the bones, but he managed. He pulled a wrench from his back, and after some fiddling around, he let out a soft "Ah ha!" He came back out with a squat cylinder in his hand. He wiped the oil off a bit, then pulled out the steel balls.

"Here." He held them out to her. "Ammo. Ball bearings." He said. "They're pretty gosh darn heavy. They fly pretty great. Used to shoot 'em at ice banks to break 'em up." He nodded to the rocks she had. "Probably better than river rocks."[/dash]

:Marcus:

Fleet fight dashed across the pavement as Marcus made a mad dash for his partners location. He didn't trust the survivors to help her, e and if she was bleeding as bad as she said she was she was only going to attract more zeds her way. The survivors would abandon her and she'd doe alone and scared. He wasn't going to let that happen.

Pistol drawn he fired on any zed that got I his way. He ran over cars and degree keeping a good momentum as he ran. As he got closer to where the mine field had been hs finally holstered his pistol and un slung his rifle from his back readying it.

His grip tightened on his rifle as he approached Em's last reports location and as he rounded the corner be found her with what looked to be two other girls. He kept his rifle at the ready as he spoke calmly "Hey Em, we got friendlys?" Instead of a verbal response all he got was a muffled cry and just like that she was on the ground unconscious.

Bryyan had watched carefully, and listened moreso. The horde had been relatively small, and seemed to have been dispatched by an unseen assailant with a burst-fire rifle. Likely Military. Or Ex-military, considering the circumstances. once the gunfire and sounds of the Returned had stopped, he peered out to survey the situation. Lots of bodies to loot, and a newcomer. The one who dispatched the horde. The Rider was with her, and the other three seemed to have fled. He watched the newcomer carefully, military were tricky folk. She seemed pretty badly injured from where he was, something in her chest, probably between the ribs. Non fatal, if taken care of quickly. He knew he likely had both the skills and equipment to save her, but did he really care enough to risk being shot and looted to save a stranger's life? On one hand, he gets killed and looted. On the other, he may gain at least one well armed and most likely well trained ally. Oh, what to do...

In the mean time, another girl had emerged with the wounded Riflegirl taking aim. The Rider seemed like they were trying to take as good care of that wound as they could. The newest cast member was wearing a mask, and looked friendly enough. Suddenly, another man emerged, his own rifle aimed. Militant, like Riflegirl. This area was becoming quite the attraction spot for survivors. It wouldn't be long before greater numbers of Returned or a roving band of bandits came along to check out all the commotion. That was not a pleasant thought to Bryyan.

"I'm not here to cause trouble," Sery said, still shying away from coming any closer. "I was simply passing by when I heard talking, and thought I'd see what it was. I didn't mean to disrupt anything if I did" She stated, thinking on whether or not she should stick around, or hit the road before her awkwardness infected the whole group.

Last edited by a moderator:
She saw Em collapse and quickly knelt to help her. "Oh god... Where's you're friend..." She mumbled to herself. She checked for a pulse worriedly. She found the wound and started applying pressure.

:MARCUS:

As soon as his eyes caught glimpse of her on the ground his rifle was slung and he was by her side in an instant ignoring the others all together as he bellowed "Em! Your not aloud to die on me dam it!" His eye's scanned her body and quickly found the wound. It was bad. Finally after a few long moments he noticed the presence of the three girls. He looked between the three before unhooking Em's rifle. Then in one smooth motion He hefted her onto his shoulders before holding the rifle out to the biker girl.

His face was muddled in a mix between fear and anger as he said "She risked life to save yours. Now it's your turn to repay the favor. Cover me while I get her to the house!" As hard as he tried to convince himself that he was ordering her around it was clear by how shaky his voice was that he was pleading.

Annabelle yawned while lazily perched on the top of a collapsed column from what was once the city's courthouse, the large, cracked structure standing at a forty-five degree slope into another building. On the stable part of the rooftop behind her her Great Dane, Bear, paced, peeking over ledges until he was satisfied with what he saw. He walked back to where their gear was and flopped down, resting his maw on the hiking bag like a pillow. With a heavy exhale the femme slowly got to her feet and walked around the broken chunks of cement to the same place, crouching down beside the canine to where a recently found map lay spread out from her examining it earlier that day. She placed her left index finger on the map and traced one of the many routes towards the coast. "So," she murmured to her companion. "Think we can find a boat out there?"

Her plan was to find a boat, stock up on supplies , and get the hell off of land. The only problem was that she didn't know how to sail a boat, so her only option was to find one powered by gas and keep close to land. The tips of her digits briefly danced against the paper in quick taps, her lips pursing while gazing over the other possibilities. The route she chose was certainly the longest, but it was also most likely to be less impacted with the undead since it went around any major cities instead of going through them. It was probably the safest route to take on foot until she could find a vehicle to travel in.

She shook her head to clear her thoughts then folded up the map and placed it in the bag. "Let's get going before something unwanted shows up." Bear nudged his nose against her ear after getting up, making her giggle as she swung the bag up on to her shoulders. She checked the straps on his boots to make sure they wouldn't fall off then stood and made her way back to the slanted column. "Ready to raid some places?" Anna asked, receiving a bark in response as her lips lifted into a smile.

Gun shots were common to hear and either meant more humans were dying by bandits' hands or desperately trying to survive. Regardless, the pair had tried to stay far away from areas with the most ruckus where zombies were drawn to, and they thought they had done just that when they walked to a seemingly vacant neighborhood. Surprise, surprise, there was suddenly just what they had been trying to avoid: Guns, shouting, a place where they couldn't trust whoever they came upon. The woman broke a bedroom window into the nearest house, clearing the glass away with the butt end of her flashlight before shooing Bear towards the backdoor. It was a pretty standard procedure for the two, and when she was inside she simply let the four-legged beast in to wait out the commotion.

Status
Not open for further replies.