yWriter - A Neat program for you novelists!

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!

Diana

LOOK HOW CALM SHE IS
Original poster
ADMINISTRATOR
MYTHICAL MEMBER
Invitation Status
  1. Not accepting invites at this time
Posting Speed
  1. 1-3 posts per week
  2. Slow As Molasses
Online Availability
10AM - 10PM Daily
Writing Levels
  1. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Female
Genres
Romance, Supernatural, Fantasy, Thriller, Space Exploration, Slice of Life
Coffeekins has turned me on to yWriter after I grumbled about never being able to finish a story. XD

It's a really neat organization program for your story projects, that keeps this organized by chapter and SCENE, so you can easily move scenes around and re-arrange the story at will. It also has cool tidbits for storing character info, settings, and nifty things.

Plus it's FREE.

Thought I would share while I attempt to give it a whirl. XD I know one of my biggest issues is organizing my bazillion thoughts, and so far it's really neat. (Now if I could tackle my procrastination... >>; )

I now love this program!

WHEN I write, I usually start (and usually stop) in Script format.
For this I use Celtx @ http://celtx.com/index.html

It does a lot of neat formating. It has an option for novels and such, etc. But like I said, I stick to scripts and screenplays.
Cheers.

yWriter is ok...

I used to use a program that was way more orderly and streamlined. Now, if only I could remember what it was I could give it to you... So long and so many computers ago...

I used Celtx for my scriptwriting class...but was always too verbose for scripts.

I'll give this new program a try, thanks for the link Diana.

The elusive coffee has conversed with thee?

Prithy inform us of his whereabouts!

He's right behind you, paorou-sama!