Yu Yu Hakusho: Of Souls and Blood

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually, that's not at all what I'm going for here. If someone does not have desirable traits to be a Spirit Detective, they either get overlooked or become a Hand. The world isn't supposed to know about the Reikai, even if it's just a select few. Very few people are trained to effectively use their spiritual powers, and none of them are done so formally by the Reikai. The Rando Arc actually highlights all the possible ways people might be trained with their Spirit Energy, so defer to that. The only exception to this is if they have Soul Resonance with another potential Spirit Detective, but if that was the case, your character would be pushed through.

• Hand ― A hand is normally considered the assistant of a Spirit Detective and are often also spiritually aware. Hands are often skipped over by the Reikai due to conflict with personalities, greater ties to their existing life or an incompatible soul wavelength. Sometimes the Reikai rejects them due to demonic heritage. In history, Hands have been known to surpass their Spirit Detective counterparts in power and become legends themselves, but their methods of doing such are often questionable and result in them being hunted down as criminals. A Hand is often considered vital to a Spirit Detective due to a weaker variant of soul resonance that exists through their bonds of friendship.
That's actually the position you're after if you don't want to be a Spirit Detective. On the other hand, you could just decide to actually BE a Spirit Detective and have Soul Resonance with Anton. We need at least one more anyway, especially considering Jessica, I believe, wants to be a Hand. Even still, there will be an entire arc dedicated to the events leading up to the characters becoming Spirit Detectives; I'm actually going to use the Manga more than the Anime since it goes into further detail, if you've never read it. The anime actually skips over quite a bit of content. In any case, I really dislike the idea of characters being aware that seeing spirits is somewhat normal or being trained prior.

Fair enough. I suppose if you need another detective, I could make a detective instead. Would she have to be the same age? I imagine that to be something of a dumb question, but, again, I like to be certain. Plus, the less re-working I have to do, the faster I can get this done. i don't want to keep anyone waiting.

I'm afraid I'm going to have to drop this one. I hope you can get it going and it goes well. I'm sorry. Best of luck.

I believe I'm going to call it quits on this. No one ever wants to commit to high-quality fandom. I guess the concept of fandom roleplay does somewhat contraindicate what I aim to create. I put in enough effort in my Avatar roleplay as it is; I don't want to carry another RP along if people aren't willing to put in effort.

Anyway, it won't be going on. Sorry to waste anyone's time, but I won't have mine wasted either.

Status
Not open for further replies.