Your First Roleplay

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
I started on Yahoo Chat, in the User Rooms back when they were still available.

This was probably circa like 1998 or 1999. Some of y'all Iwakuans weren't even born yet. O__O

Most of it was goofing around in-character, but eventually I started RPing seriously in Yahoo with the same partners. Most of it was Sailor Moon and Final Fantasy oriented, because those were my things at the time. I think I created separate and individual accounts on Yahoo for each playable FF7 and FF8 character xD

Technically I had my first ever roleplay on a site named stallet.se (stall means stable in Swedish.) I had one rp on there that either died before it even started or died just a couple of posts afterwards. I can't remember which. o_o I think I was 13 or so. After that day I didn't even think about roleplaying before the 20th October 2011 when I came to iwaku. I rarely count the horse roleplay as a roleplay since it died before it even began. I consider my first roleplay on iwaku my first ever roleplay because of that. So Teen island gets the spot :D Coincidentally that was the first and the worst character I ever made xD (In my opinion and as far as I can remember.) I also had horrible grammar at the time, which makes it really fun to go back and read it. I wanna slap little 18 year old me :3

Siva was this painfully shy girl who couldn't speak to others (while also being extremely good at kick boxing and apparently having no problem with getting into a ring with someone even though she barely can be in the same room as people.) Most of her interactions end with silence. Sooo, maybe not the best character to start an rp with xD (I did create a secondary character later to make sure teen island didn't die, and I think he was a bit fleshier even though I didn't get to use him much.)

Mine was either on quizilla when I was really young and it was with someone who only knew about the subject material the same way I did, from poorly written fanfiction on the same site I believe it was a Naruto rp. Or it was with a friend I had in grade school that we'd talk about on the walk to school and after school and it was me going on their knowledge of the show which was based on badly written fanfiction that they thought was 100% true to the source material, it was either Inuyasha or YYH.

It was on Star Wars Combine.

I was a Gand who was proficient with the Sword and was hired to be a smuggling run.
This said smuggling run happened to take me through a battle zone between Mandalorians and the New Republic, causing me to crash land on the planet.

On the planet I ran into several other people who had crash landed for similar reasons and we had to figure out a way to get off planet and break through the space battle.
Which resulted in us getting captured by New Republic forces only for us to blast our way out.

And this led to a Jolly group of space adventurers who stuck together for 2 years of RP's that ended with saving the Galaxy from the Empire.

The game I played first is one piece online 2,it is my friend recommended to me,do you know it?op2.joygames.me

Oh geez... I think mine was in the late nineties on old MSN forums. I think it was a vampire forum. It was mostly chatting, though. Then i think it really picked up in like 2000-2001. I joined an InuYasha forum. My first roleplay involved my character happening upon an evil witch- she kinda brainwashed my young naive character into believing she was doing things for good. My character was a young half demon kid who was needy, and had some anger issues. So he followed this witch around and did her bidding. Back in my days of two or three sentence postings.... haha...

Yes it was an X-men / Xavier School Roleplay and I played a Rogue-Knock Off Sue Creature with a brother who had a fairly evolved backstory for a newbie. Basically a delusional villain with a thirst for world domination but considering for I think a year solid all my other characters were cringe inducing Sue Inserts I'm kind of proud I came up with him.

But I used Demi Lovato as my face claim and I remember one of the other roleplayers actually commenting on the fact that my Char. was a Demi doppleganger which made me super self-concious about Face Claims for EVER.

Yes.

It was in a WarCraft fan-forum a few years back - I saw roleplay threads and got interested, so I just wrote something in one of them (I think there were no applications or anything, it was pretty loose in its conditions). As far as I remember my posts were pretty bad (I had no idea how to write or roleplay) and contained stuff like literally losing HP or Mana. Yup. Thankfully someone taught me why not to do that and what to do instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.