Your First OC!

Her name was Annie Brea, whom I intended as a descendant of Aya Brea, the main character of the Parasite Eve series.

Don't ask me how the last name transferred down, I have no fucking clue. I don't remember much about the character other than that she was basically just me, bitchier, blonde, and with a gun.

...I was like 11 or 12 years old, okay? Don't judge me. >:[

My first OC, huh.... Well, my first OC ended up being revised over and over until I scrapped her the other year, but I had two versions of her, one in a fantasy setting, and one in a modern setting. In both, she was a pale, black-haired girl with some sorta healing light powers, but her personality was awful, so she tended to be a sadistic little shit who could torture someone and keep them alive, too. Her edgy traits were mostly "dark humor" value, though.... Either way, I tried doing another revision of her not long ago, but decided to let sleeping dogs lie for now.

The first character I roleplayed, while not seriously so, was a cute twintailed schoolgirl who could turn into a giant mass of tentacles and other stuff, and was overall a shitpost.

• Love
Reactions: Greenie
What if...my most go-to OC...IS my first OC....just morphed throughout time to whatever the current demands are? It's essentially a wish-fulfillment OC with some personal traits, but not in the typical self insert sense where she gets everything she wants. Actually, she usually goes through quite a bit of torture and can suffer terrible fates. The wish fulfillment part comes with the basic line "This girl wants to be free and see the world, but somebody is trying to stop her" with 10,000 variations. Through her, I get to go on adventures no matter how nice or how terrifying said adventure is!

I realize in an rp environment I really need to branch out more. But I think recycling her comes with the territory of wanting to complete a dream project of which she is the MC for many years, but never completing said project. So since this year I have begun serious work on the project from an "adult who wants to publish this" standpoint, I am deciding to try more brave variations in regards to roleplays, even if she STILL comes up eventually. Or a lot. You could say every one is a different kind of personal fantasy, from imagining what it would be like to have a different personality and life goals, to imagining being a different species or whatever the need is.

My first OC was named Lady Finn. She was the master at arms in a castle. Her story began on a Windows 98 desktop, when a "figure" flitted across the courtyard and she demanded he be brought to her attention.

Lady Finn looked suspiciously like She-Ra, the Princess of Power.
The figure, beneath his hood, looked uncommonly like Link from The Legend of Zelda.

In my youth, I didn't know how to operate MS Word and didn't save the document, so their tale is lost to time.

My next OC was named Renu-Yasha. He was Inu-Yasha's cat-demon cousin. He had black hair and a beard, but was otherwise the same. I drew him a lot. He had no personality beyond a poorly penciled sneer. I hope all those sketches are lost to time.

• Bucket of Rainbows
Her name was Annie Brea, whom I intended as a descendant of Aya Brea, the main character of the Parasite Eve series.

Don't ask me how the last name transferred down, I have no fucking clue. I don't remember much about the character other than that she was basically just me, bitchier, blonde, and with a gun.

...I was like 11 or 12 years old, okay? Don't judge me. >:[
Parasite Eve was awesome!

Back on topic. These two twins that were the heirs of a galactic kingdom. They were actually alien but neither knew about it until they grew up and the boy, I called him Shade, started showing signs of malevolent behavior while his sister, Kona, was decent. When Shade found out the man he thought was his father wasn't he went ballistic tried to destroy everything in his path and all of that stuff.

• Bucket of Rainbows
My very first character was Diana Jones, FBI Agent and Space Princess. 8D I basically mixed Star Wars with X-Files and wrote bunches of tiny silly stories on notepads.

Hmmm...

Can't remember exactly, given it's been nearly twenty years, but I believe my first OC... at least, the first one I "officially" RPed with, just so happened to be my namesake, Roose. Started on the forum for a webcomic, in a thread titled "The Campfire", where a group of forumites (including me), simply set our characters in front of a campfire, while waiting for the comic to update. Started out casual, nothing serious, but we gelled so well, one of the guys asked if he could start a storyline, everybody said yes, and we ended up going on an adventure to save this guy's girlfriend. Who, to make a long story short, ended up being kidnapped by demons. Or the equivalent of demons, as his people saw them. Yes, lots of mayhem, with Roose turning a few nasties into literal puddles. But then, Roose isn't human, and neither was anyone else's character in this RP. Since the webcomic didn't involve human characters.

And hey! It still exists: Altermeta ... though it hasn't been updated in years.

And the entire forum database was lost, years ago. So no, can't link to the RP. But I did find parts of the RP... my parts, anyway... saved in my database. Anyone interested, I have a word document with a long set of entries I'd strung together. I could post them here. Rereading what I wrote, I'm actually still quite pleased with it. Just wish I'd been able to save the whole thing.

But then, I have many of my early... well, pretty much all of my early RP stuff is lost. Crying shame.

• Bucket of Rainbows
Ah, that wasn't too long ago. She was a child who lived alone her whole life. I don't remember but I'm half sure she was possessed by a demon that killed her family or a spirit? Or she was just crazy. i mean, she lived in a submarine thing under the ocean or something. Anyone would be a little nutty. I think her name was Esperi Verolidaine something something? Verolidiane? Esperi for sure. Basically based her off me before I learned/bothered to speak or interact with people. She was a typical quiet and somewhat creepy kid. Very cute with dark undertones and probably a little traumatized.

The first time she surfaced, she happened to run into another child character by a friend of mine. A nekopire. Cute fluff happened. Angst happened and that's also around the time I met Wyborn. I think he played my friend's bully-pire father and weird uncle Multitasker.

I hope to one day play an older version of her.

@Wyborn Your characters are jerks. I'm calling you out because I'm curious. Share/correct me. o .o

• Bucket of Rainbows
Ughhh, so my first character was a King of the Underworld named Sin I think. He was a reaper who lived hundreds and hundreds of years but appeared pretty young and was at war with other factions. He was not very thought out if at all, I think I just made him cause I was playing an RTS and in the Game I called myself Lord Reaper. At one point I definitely plan to revisit him and refine him so that he's an actual nice character. But if I had to think of the first character I really thought out it would probably have to be Caesar. A character that inherited all my early teenage angst and puberty. He was one of the first turned vampire and was a former gladiator. He became powerful and what not and like people do when power is focused on one person, he was targeted by people around him and sealed in a tomb and when he came back he was the definition of arrogance and hornyness while a mixture of a little rage. He was a fun character to play but I don't think I could recreate him or play him again.

Oh, dug up a pic of Roose:

My first character was Torgeir (an inspired naming choice if I do say so myself) the ametuer adventurer with some of the gear but pretty much no idea. He was pretty much what you'd get if you crossed Rincewind the Wizzard with a generic nordish style fighter.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Greenie and Spekkun