5. Advanced
  6. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Female
  3. Primarily Prefer Female
Genres
Fantasy, Supernatural, Horror
So earlier this morning, I was remembering my first ever roleplay character. I can't recall her name, but I remembered she was so edgy that I think I still feel the sting. (lol). Her family had been killed, her brother betrayed her, she was a tsundere assassin, the works.

Then I recalled the first OC I made for a story, who was totally opposite of the OC I mentioned above. He was a friendly, slightly snarky but mostly nice fellow... and of course, on an adventure. I love that char to bits even now. ^_^

What about y'all? Do you guys remember your first OCs? Do they make you cringe? Or perhaps smile with pride?

My first OC (by that I mean the first OC I fleshed out) I actually still use, and if all goes according to plan, she'll be the main character in a video game I'm trying to get off the ground. Her name sometimes makes me cringe, but...you know, she's kind of a part of me now. I love her dearly XD

She's a dragon shifter, and I mainly put her in modern superhero plots cause I love the idea of a dragon flying around a city blowing things up.

Last edited:
Oh ho ho ho, yes I certainly do remember her. Most likely because for my first few years of roleplay I only ever wrote as this specific character.

I had been reading the Eragon series around then, and my fave character was the WereCat. To me he was the coolest, and so my first OC was a WereCat who could shift between human form, and that of a massive black cat. Later on I switched that to a panther.

Her name was always Nyx Eneas, and she was a bronze melanin goddess with yellow eyes, and ankle length black hair. I rarely play females anymore, but I do still very much love giving my characters golden amber eyes, and long hair. Be it curly or straight.

Some talking cat I put in all of my short stories. He hunted demons 'cause he was edgy, and that included the characters of other roleplayers.

Back in '09, I was part of a chat roleplaying site and pretty much everyone was one of those half-demons or fallen angels or whatever the hell they'd come up with. Anime style stuff, you know? But since the site had branched off from a Warriors rp site (the one I started on) I frequently ended up bringing once regular 'cats' over to that site and he changed. And became edgy. Because that's what all the thirteen year olds were doing at the time.

:cookie:

Oh ho ho ho, yes I certainly do remember her. Most likely because for my first few years of roleplay I only ever wrote as this specific character.

I had been reading the Eragon series around then, and my fave character was the WereCat. To me he was the coolest, and so my first OC was a WereCat who could shift between human form, and that of a massive black cat. Later on I switched that to a panther.

Her name was always Nyx Eneas, and she was a bronze melanin goddess with yellow eyes, and ankle length black hair. I rarely play females anymore, but I do still very much love giving my characters golden amber eyes, and long hair. Be it curly or straight.
Dear lord, our characters could probably have been sisters, aside from skin tone XD

My first OC was a cat shifter that took the form of a black cat as well. Pale skin, waist length black hair, and piercing blue eyes that turned amber in the feline form. (so they would flicker amber when she would get emotional)

Now, to be fair, I made her when I was back on the good ol' Neopet days... So long time ago, before I got into actively doing paragraph style RPs. I mean, this was literally what my post would look like:

Kat: *blinks* weirdo.
Like, that would be all that I wrote XD Now, looking back on it, I am glad that I progressed into paragraph style very quickly after that. (Thanks to a wolf pack RP, funny enough. And then I got a warning for sexual themes in the wolf pack RP, even though there was none ='D It got mature, but not sexually. There was a lot of blood and gore from where the pack killed their prey or had fights over territory... Needless to say, my parents wound up getting on to the Neopets staff for that warning, after they read through the full RP and saw that there was absolutely nothing sexual about it at all.)

I made another character for that same RP and he's one that I still occasionally draw or bring into RPs. Len Lanurine - an overpowered, four-legged zombie bird monster thing XD I cringe about how OP he was (and still kind of is, because I haven't actually taken the time to make a proper character sheet for him since I was.... 6?) but he's really fun to draw when I take the time to draw him out. Unlike Kat, whom got dropped over the years, I just can't bring myself to do anything to get rid of Len. I think that's because he was my first not-so-good guy XD

Now I need to draw him again... It's been a couple of years. Oops.

My first ever OC was a saiyan version of Quatre from Gundam Wing, but in practice was more of a female Trunks (from DBZ) that happened to have a tail. And occasionally a gundam.
I dunno, it was weird.

I started out on chat, speed-based roleplays so she got whatever was convenient. Once I progressed to paragraph rps, I also got into V:tM, and "SQ" turned into a vampire/angel/saiyan which eventually just turned into a gangrel who had had too many blood frenzies and was part animal but also happened to have wings from time to time.
Also, although I had no concept of it at the time, SQ was trans, because she eventually morphed into a "he" but there were various excuses for no penis.

By the time SQ became the gangrel beast, his name was Brigrel Q, and I guess I just really like the letter Q because Brigrel eventually morphed into my main OC Quatre Bornes Lee, who is, essentially, a lycan that had a bunch of surgeries to look human.

I started rping in the 90s and Quatre Bornes became a thing in late 2004. I still use him.

Last edited:
I used this blue haired dude who was the pokemon ice gym leader in this secluded mountain village, where he lost his gf in a blizzard or something lol

Best part about the gym is that it's really twisted in his favor. There was a big really cold lake covering the entire battle area, and some flakes of ice for non-aquatic-and-cold-resistant pokemon to stand on.

My first OC had been Captain Carlos Ruiz of the Earth Federal Space Forces. In command of the Pegasus Assault Squadron comprised entirely of Pegasus Class ships. Their minovsky craft systems allow them to ascend from the Earth to space without the aid of heavy boosters. For this reason the Assault Squadron was place in orbit around the Earth, ready to react to any attack made in Earth or Space.

I learned roleplay on a forum called Gundam Portal. We mostly roleplayed in the setting of the first show. Centered around the One Year War. In my second RP with that character I'd been promoted to Brigadier General Carlos Ruiz. Evidently Federation players were in short supply, they'd had to force players to play Federation, so now that I had joined they went over to Zeon. Federation players were always fewer, but we had more units per player, so we had some advantage. There was a lot of good times in those days. These days I just can't bring myself to enjoy Gundam RP like I once did.

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Greenie
"may i plz join

Name: Raitundo
Class: Lord
Bio: Lord of Xcios a country which surrounds the portal of fire. Xcios is plentiful for its many Wyverns and Pegasus.
Weapon: Iron Sword

- me, 2004.

I had a character named Zanshi, which Jeffrey's Japanese informed me meant "violent death".
This was an Inuyasha RP. I think he was a demon? But in the context of that universe, not originally conceived as such.
He had chains wrapped around his arms that he used as weapons. He could use them to drain his enemies' life force.
Why yes, he was a straight rip-off of Omega Red from the X-Men.

Wasn't actually that much of edgelord as some later characters I tried to make. Would like to use him for something else someday, but probably not roleplaying. Unless I can remake him in D&D or something.

• Love
We don't speak of my first oc.

I think she was some cookie loving monster devoid of any personality and speaking in a really nervous fast paced way (no, that was actually me not using proper punctuation). She had some weebie name that sounded like cookie as well, hahahahahahahahahahaha...

I think the first story OC was an otter for Redwall fanfiction. Her name was Emerald and she was a pirate. She was sort of like Robin Hood, I think. I have a hard time remembering. With the bits I do remember, I don't think she was a Sue. She had no romantic interest, she wasn't a "chosen one", she wasn't perfect or particularly graceful.

My first roleplay character was super boring. She was a bat demon, but did like nothing exciting with her life if she could help it. Her boyfriend was amazing, I honestly don't know what he liked about her.

My first Sue was horrible though. A friend explained to me what fanfiction was(because I didn't think it was something other people did) and I was too embarrassed to share my Redwall one so I tried to make one of Inuyasha. It was only just airing and she liked it a lot so I wanted to impress her. It was a rush job, some of the plot was identical to the canon plot and my OC brought nothing worthwhile to the story. She was aloof and the best at her fighting style despite being young and yeah, she was poop. I wrote three chapters then threw it away soon after rereading it.

I don't remember the name nor the gender (I feel like it was a girl tho) of the first character I ever made, but I do remember the personality and bio. It went like this: [spoili]

Personality: Mysterious
Biography: Unknown[/spoili]

:'D

The first ever OC I made was probably some lame character for one of the various novel ideas I had as a book-reading child. Probably a super generic fantasy protagonist boy. That's boring though, and my first roleplay character ran the gamut of goofy stupidity to super angsty, so strap in for story time.

Back when I started playing World of Warcraft, I started on one server and made a character with an inappropriate name that got me in trouble. I had some friends at school that also played WoW, and they said I should join *their* server, which happened to be one of the RP servers. I made a character named Jorick, so named because I started with the randomly generated name Yorik that was already taken and I tweaked it until I got a name that was available. He was a Human Paladin, and for a while I just played the game with no character in mind, because I didn't really get roleplaying at that point and didn't intend to take part in it.

But then, one day, I saw someone running around the city of Stormwind (human capitol city in WoW) and yelling about some place called The Dungeon that was opening in a few minutes. They noted that there would be food, drinks, and women getting naked. Being 16 (I think) at the time, I was very intrigued by that last item on the list. It took me some time to find the little out of the way place they'd claimed for their deviant activities, and when I arrived the party was in full swing. It turned out to be a roleplay strip club (with some lowkey brothel activity too), which meant that there were people with female character doing the game's dance animation while writing out roleplaying emotes as they slowly removed pieces of armor. I stuck around and watched, both for the obvious teen hormones reason and to see how this whole thing worked, and the way roleplay worked kinda clicked for me.

When I first started actually joining in the roleplaying, I decided Jorick was a drunk, because that would be funny. I loaded him up on in-game booze that made it so things you type automatically get slurred a bit, and he ended up running around the strip club in nothing but his underwear and a cape calling himself "Shtuporman." It was awful and broke immersion and everything, but I had a good time for a few weeks doing that. Eventually people started gently patting me on the head out of character and telling me I was being silly and needed to chill, and so I did. I ended up deciding on a tragic backstory for poor Jorick to explain his drunken antics: he'd been a fighter in some of the wars of Warcraft lore, and he'd lost all of his family to various horrible things, so he had renounced his role as a Paladin and started drinking to drown his sorrows.

That edgy initial backstory was the foundation to all that came after it. Jorick the character cleaned up his act and stopped drinking so much after one of the strippers had a heart to heart talk with him about how he needed to face his problems instead of just hiding behind booze. That pushed him into being a more serious character (though he also fucked that stripper and some others, so he still knew how to have a good time). I fleshed out his whole history with lore-accurate details, including the fun stuff of one of his sisters and his father both dying in the fight against some undead things and rising again as zombies that Jorick had to kill, which was the root cause of his trauma that caused the drinking. However, there was still plenty of dumb shit to be had, like the time I decided he was sort of possessed by a demon and they were fighting for control of his body and it acted like shitty movie depictions of split personalities. Oh, and I signified the demon being in control by swapping clothes from whatever RP gear I'd had on to this fully white outfit including a white bandit mask thing across the face. I thought that was so fucking cool, man.

Jorick the character ended up having a weird like on again off again romance with this assassin lady who was also like.. some kind of cannibal serial killer or something? I dunno, it was weird, and it made no sense in character but we the players wanted to have the characters hook up and bone so we made it into a sort of forbidden romance kind of thing. Very dumb. Eventually he reconciled his whole angsty hatred for the Light (WoW lore name for the generic deity thing that gives most Paladins their power) failing to protect his family and he rejoined the whole Paladin order. The Wrath of the Lich King expansion dealt with the undead horde stuff that featured prominently in his backstory, so for that time he was RPed as being part of the good guy army fighting that stuff, and after that I just had him kinda RPed as going around doing fighty stuff as a good guy Paladin. It was the justification I made for there being like months between times where I roleplayed as him, rather than using my roleplay-only characters, but it actually made sense in character too so that was nice.

And there you have it, the story of the character from whence I derived my general internet username. 8D

I'm pretty sure that my first OC was a werewolf. Yes, I am ashamed but we're in a safe, sharing place here.

My IRL best friend joined an rp as a werewolf's human love interest and I decided that I wanted to be contrary about it and joined as a rival werewolf/love interest. My character was an angsty bad boi who couldn't let her know the monster he really was. He picked fights and brooded silently way too often to not be a massive embarrassment. I don't remember his name but I bet it was edgy.

• Haha
Reactions: Spekkun and Greenie
My very first character is one I still use to this day, though he's changed a ton since I first made him way back when I was 12 or 13 :D. His name was Hayden and he's a phoenix. Way back in the beginning, like another character of mine, he had a pretty big ego. He just couldn't back it up, totally full of hot air. In fact, most of the time he'd end up getting the snot beaten out of him, or even killed because of his big mouth and arrogance (I think in one of my first Roleplays with the guy, he ended up getting pushed down some stairs by his date).

He's changed so much since then, though. Now he's a ball of uncertainty and anxiety wrapped in a protective armor of pseudo-arrogance xD the more things change, the more they also stay the same.

• Bucket of Rainbows
He who shall not be named... shall not be named.

I think it was a he anyway. It was some super full on weeb stuff during a period that I was trying to pester a random Japanese user to join my roleplay... so yeah.

I try not to remember my cringy stuff, it's for the best.

I started rp'ing fairly late, so I sorta dodged the archetypical edgy first OC, thankfully, but I'm pretty sure my first OC was still... bad. I remember she was Russian or Ukranian, and the only real fact I remember about her was thats he was underage but worked in a club with a fake ID. I also remember the roleplay I used her for was some sort of reality-show-turning-hunger-games stuff.

Dark times.

• Haha
My first OC was Roxanne. She was a highland lass from 1450 Scotland who stumbled into a thick mist as she tried to escape from crazed villagers who were trying to kill her. She stumbled out the other side of the mist and was in a completely different world full of godlings and powerful creatures. She was super saccharine sweet, and very gullible. Even though she had no real powers aside from empathy and the ability to calm people with a touch of her hand, she was beloved by these god like people and eventually became the Empress. The site fell apart though and even though Is till play her, I had to alter her storyline drastically. She's by far my favorite character to torture.

Hm.... well. The very first RP character I ever made was a modern day version of the character my username is based on, but I won't count her because she was practically a fandom character, and I never got to write her anyway XD The very first completely original character I ever created was a guy named Shiloh who could shapeshift into a leopard, if I remember correctly.

• Love