Your Dream Role

• Thread starter Princess Aria Songbird
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmm...well, the role I'd like from a Broadway would have to be Millie, from Thoroughly Modern Millie. (This puts Eliza Dolittle as a very close second, because My Fair Lady is so -love-). Why? Because somehow, that ended up being my favorite musical show possibly ever. I don't know if it was just the performance of it that I got to see being that spectacular, or if it was just the story itself being that much fun. But remember! It's "oooh, sooo sad to be aawww awooone in da wooorlld". It's got equal parts excitement, equal parts humor, and equal parts romance. And Millie herself isn't some bright-eyed push over either. She knows just what she wants and lets herself chase her dreams.

Outside of broadway, there's lots of other characters I love. But if I had to pick only one, I think I'd go with Lizzie Bennet. She's not your average romantic heroine. Lizzie is both sassy, and witty, and unafraid to challenge female convention when appropriate, but at the same time she's unafraid of the fact that she's indeed a woman (well, financial fears aside). And for someone who's often run away from her own femininity, I deeply appreciate the example of being both strong and woman. It also doesn't hurt that she gets Mr. Darcy at the end (lol) ;)

In reality, I think in some ways I'm still feeling myself out. But I'd love to be able to live each day producing costumes and stories that will support my family and myself and one day down the road any children I will have. I know that if I really like costume work I should look into getting into theater or film...but I don't think I'm skilled enough for that yet, and I'm not sure I'd ever be good enough to work at that pace.

And this is getting to be TL;DR...so I'ma stop here. Lol

Barbie lol just kidding XD

I'd love to be in the trans-siberian orchestra singing Carmina Burana and O Fortuna... Or sing in American Idol and win! :D

I'm going to be a pediatric nurse (or plan to) when I grow up :D

• Love
Reactions: ResolverOshawott
I wish to become a writer, spreading my words near and far and opening the eyes and hearts of all who read my works. Also, whenever I write a murder novel or poem I want to reenact it so I need to find a place to hide the bodies.

Status
Not open for further replies.