You Seem To Be Lost...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aimi shook her head and pouted, "But there's something there. We have to figure what it is. I feel something when I'm there and it connects me to you. We have to go back in there together."

Aimi looked at Hashi defiantly. However, her willpower weakened when she saw his gorgeous face. She could barely stand as her skin tingled, her eyes gliding over his lips. Aimi turned away, a blush finding its way to her face.

"Okay... deal. I will stay where you leave me. Within reason, but if I can't hear you, I'm going in until I can," Aimi said looking closely up at him, "I mean it."

She wanted to laugh at herself. There was no way he would take her seriously. She was way too cute to be making any type of intimidating face and make a threat at the same time. Her rosy cheeks didn't really help her claim either, but either way she was determined to make Hashi keep his word.

Hashi nodded, quickly looking away and lightly holding out his hand for the girl to take, trying to ignore how utterly childish she looked and sounded.
"Then come on. We have clues to find and my memory to rest-" he cut his own words off with a faint groan, bringing his other hand up to lightly grip his head as he let go of Aimi, a strangely dark feeling welling up from deep inside as well as a pain, making him dizzy and slightly sick to his stomach, he stumbling back into the tree he was in front of for support.

(OOC: You can introduce the villain whenever)
"Hashi!" Aimi gasped.

Hashi didn't necessarily look well. Her large eyes searched for something inside him, anything that would give her a sign that she could do something for him. She was beginning to think that it would be best if they returned to the inn for now until Hashi was feeling better. It broke her heart to see him in pain. Patiently she waited for him.

"What's wrong?" Aimi asked him. She was looking more worried than ever and she stood in front of him wondering just what was happening. She felt useless. She didn't have anything to help him with even he did require her help. She wanted to hug him or touch him. Anything that might comfort him. Very slowly she reached her hand up to touch his face. Her skin tingled as though electricity was dancing on the surface.

"Please be okay..." She whispered to him.

Hashi could vaguely hear that his name was called and felt the shift in Aimi's presence, that she was closer and clearly worried, but there was little more he could discern through the sudden sickening pain. The world seemed to buck and sway around him, even with his eyes closed, but he made all the effort he could to pay attention to Aimi, for her sake as well as his own. The question asked, however, wasn't one that could be answered on his own, as he didn't really know himself. There was someone who could answer, though. Lurking in the shadows, just a couple yards away, was the old man whom Aimi had seen in vision. [spoili]
Uncle_Ben.jpg
[/spoili] He smirked as Hashi gasped slightly from the ever so light touch of the woman, he trying to stay steady on his feet, but it was clear he would fail, sinking down the tree till he was sitting.

"He will be fine, worry not. Though as for what ails him, heh.... I believe he wouldn't know how to answer you upon that count, fair maiden of years past. For the third time now he has fallen victim to the same deeds, and yet, never does he stray away. I would say I feel sorry for him, though I have a feeling you would first demand of me to 'fix' him." He said with a bit of a chuckle, emerging from the shadows, dull gray eyes trained on the weakened Hashi. "But alas, I cannot. It is his own fault that he is in such a state, and only he can 'fix' himself."

Aimi looked at him helplessly as he appeared to be in even more pain than before. She gasped as he sank down onto the tree. No, it couldn't be happening. It was just too fast. Was there really nothing that she could do? She jumped as she heard the old man speak. She nearly leaped out of her own skin and if she could have done so she might have done just that. She wasn't sure if she should be at all relieved that Hashi would be okay. Sure that was a good thing, but what about his pains? Shouldn't those go away too for him to be okay? Aimi had so many questions she wanted to ask. They nearly rose out of her throat. She swallowed them all down and ultimately decided she would ask one question instead.

"Explain it to me. I don't understand. What do you mean it's his own fault? Fair maiden of years past?" Aimi looked at the man hoping to receive answers to her burning questions. What exactly was he talking about? How could a sickness or pain be anyone's fault besides an accident. Hashi wouldn't honestly do this to himself would he? She didn't believe it. This guy was full of crap. She didn't care if she had seen him in her visions. There was no way actually happening like he was explaining it. On top of that, he made it seem like the two had met before. She had never seen this man in her life other than the visions that came to her occasionally. She wanted to know what was going on and she wanted this old man to make sense.

The man chuckled slightly, and Hashi groaned, reaching weakly for his sword by instinct.
"It seems the poor angel still has a bit of fight left in him. If I weren't planning something far grander of his experience, I would kill him now..." He paused, listening to the firl's question, before slowly approaching, lifting Hashi with ease by the collar of his shirt, he hanging limply like a rag doll
"This here boy, as you seem to already know, is an angel. What you don't know, is his rank. He is a very powerful angel if you would wish to grossly understate it, and he is in position to where he is sent after only the most powerful demons, ie, me. Its his fault that he is in such pain at the moment because he let himself be too injured in our battle, though I spared him out of pure amusement, and now, he's finally feeling the effects of the poison." With that, he threw Hashi back to the ground and started to walk away. "But if you want any more answers, I suggest you ask them from your poor little dove himself." He said mockingly before Hashi was circled with pure black flames, he not daring to move an inch.

The man's chuckle chilled Aimi to the core. There was something horribly sinister there and she didn't want any part of it. She watched Hashi as he tried to grab for his sword. It was such a pitiful sight and Aimi wanted to cry right there. She couldn't comprehend anything that was going on.
"Put him down! He's already hurting, please don't hurt him more," Aimi pleaded.
She gasped as the man further explained that he was a demon. Aimi grew angry at the fact that he had hurt Hashi in such a way. She jumped as Hashi was surrounded by pure black flames.
"Please wait! Tell me how to cure him... Please..." Aimi begged as small tears began to form on her face. She wanted to chase after him, but there was nothing that she could do. She wasn't strong enough to make a demon hand over a cure for Hashi's poison. She wanted to curl up into a ball and just pretend like it was all a dream. Aimi just wanted to wake up and believe that she was just living a horrible nightmare, but she wasn't. Aimi stared at the man hoping that he would tell her the answers she so desperately desired.

"A cure? Hah. He will heal himself I'm sure. A little suffering is good for the soul." He said with a dark grin, looking back out of the corner of his eye.
"Unless you are so desperate... To surrender your soul for it." He said slowly, emphasizing each word as if it were the key to his very life. It would take Hashi a good couple of days to recover enough to even move again on his own, but the cure that the demon offered... It was the only way to completely rid him of the foul corruption, the essence of a pure soul was the key to unlocking such a cure, and after taking such essence, the being that it once belonged to would slowly die off to the same corruption due to the loss of its purity. Hashi panicked deep down, though he couldn't do very much. Memories flashed so quickly within his mind that it hurt even more, but he couldn't let Aimi do this for him. Not after....
"Ayoku.... Tomore.... Aimi.... P-please... Don't do it this time... I.... I don't know if I can save you this time...."

Aimi was torn. She would do anything to save Hashi if it meant that he would be okay.
"Hashi... please... promise me that you won't die. If you can promise me that, I won't give my soul to him..." Aimi looked over at him. Tears were flowing freely down her face at this point. The options seemed so helpless and Aimi was feeling like there was nothing she could do. She did not know the consequences of giving her soul over to the demon. She didn't remember any of the women before her nor did she seem to care about them. All Aimi wanted was for Hashi to be okay and to live. That was why he had to promise her he would be okay if she didn't do this thing for him like she so desperately wanted to. Some part in her deep down told her it was better that she kept her soul. However, that didn't stop her from wanting to cure Hashi now. No one deserved to be in so much pain. There just had to be another way to help him other than one or both of them dying in the process.

"I..." Hashi tried to force the words out, but he remembered each time he had done this before, remembered each heartbreak.
"You know you cant promise that, my dear boy. Why not just give in to the truth of your pathetic weakness?" The voice of the man somehow seemed gentle, despite how it was made to cut slowly through Hashi's resolve. He turned his head away from Aimi, unable to bear lying again, he just couldn't.
"I... cant promise...." He said softly, but in that moment, a small black mouse with red eyes and small red tinges in its fur jumped down from the trees, landing on top of Hashi and taking up his defense.
"He cant promise it, but I can! He will survive because its the price you demand. His life means nothing to you and all you are trying to do is manipulate the poor girl you selfish troll! Why cant you just die for once?!" The mouse did indeed speak, and slowly, the blade of Hashi's sword turned black, just as it had been in his memories, he faintly smiling now.
"Hush, Rushigimaru..... There isn't anything you can do here but make Aimi more distressed.... Just help me fight when the time comes...."
"But-!"
"Don't say it... Don't carve my fate in stone with your words..."

Aimi's eyes widened at the sight of a small black mouse. The hairs on the back of her neck stood up and her initial reaction was to hit it with a broom. If it weren't for the fact that more important things were going on she might have stopped to question why it had suddenly started talking. Aimi made a note to herself that if they got out of this okay, she was going to ask him... or it about that. In fact, she was wondering why the thing was making promises for Hashi anyway. That in and of itself was strange. Furthermore, Hashi was beginning to talk a bit more freely. That had to be a good sign. Ultimately, she decided that she wouldn't give her soul over to the strange man. At least not yet. Plus, Aimi really had to be honest with herself. She had only been with Hashi for a day and she was going to give her soul to save his life? Well she'd still do it, but the logic was a little silly.

"Hashi's not weak!" Aimi exclaimed, "He's certainly got more strength than you could ever dream to have. So I believe that he can fight what ever it is you've given him... I'm keeping my soul pure and untainted."

It was the first time Aimi had looked childish while trying to be defiant. Several things had been made clear to her since this encounter. One, angels exist and they live past lives they can never remember. Two, demons also exist and live to torture all things. And three, tiny black mice with red tinges in their fur can talk. It was enough to convince Aimi that there was a way out even if it didn't look like there was one.

The man smiled slightly.
"Defiant one. Seems that you've chosen one out of your normal encounters, eh, Tokai? No.. Clefeta? Ah, right, Hashi. It's rather strange that you would choose for yourself a new name each time you come. Rather stupid more like. But who am I to interfere with the affairs of an angel?" He ended with a bit of a laugh before leaving them alone, Hashi letting himself relax a bit, petting Rushigimaru. The mouse looked up to Aimi so as to speak once more.
"I thank you for not giving up on him... I'm working as hard as I can to give his memories back, but its hard... But if you have any questions about him, I will gladly answer them. I have been with him pretty much his entire angelic life."

Aimi was still taking in the fact that the mouse was talking to her. In fact, Aimi had several burning questions in her mind but she was doing her best not to let them all out at once. However, the most important question was how could she help Hashi regain all his memories.
"Is there a way I can help you make Hashi remember and what does he mean about this happening again? Hashi and I have only met once in real life," Aimi said confused.
There couldn't be other girls like her wandering around or had been in this same situation. Furthermore, that guy had mentioned that Hashi had other names. What were they all for and why did he have so many names? Would his name change again once he had all his memories back. She supposed that would make sense. Aimi couldn't believe any of it was real but at the same time she could. There was so much going on. What had she really gotten herself wrapped into?

Status
Not open for further replies.