"You Can't Take the Sky From Me" (OoC)

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
...should I be working on a CS for the pilot, then?

If so, CS placeholder.

Edit: Er, maybe... After reading some things - I'm a little wary about how some elements may pan out. We'll see.

Actually, go ahead and open up my spot for someone.

Last edited by a moderator:
I
The Numedan Triumvirate
The Numedan Triumvirate is a trio of empires whose homeworld is the planet Straza. The three empires all consist of a species named Rathaki though each empire consist more heavily of a certain race of the Rathaki.

The Rathaki originate on the planet of Straza which has heavier gravity than that of Earth, 1.3 Gs to be exact and with cycles about 6 months longer than that of earth. The typical Rathaki is stronger than a typical human though they average about the same height when the males are involved. The female Rathaki tends to be taller than the male but leaner and not as strong. Their arms and fingers are a little proportionally longer than that of a human's and possessing an added thumb where the last digit should be on a human. The average Rathaki is naturally ambidextrous and sure of grip. They have broader feet and strong legs. Proportionally their heads are more elongated than a human's and the top a little flatter. Their noses are flatter as well, closer to the face and their jaws longer and generally pointier. Their ears are rather long and pointy, curving up and then down. The muscles around the ears allow the Rathaki to move them in certain directions. On their faces they posses ridges that start between the eyes and go up to the base of their hairline. The number of ridges is inconsistent between races.
The Rathaki people tend to have 34 teeth while humans have 32, having two more canines than humans and keep their wisdom teeth unlike the average human.
Rathaki come in certain skin colors but usually in shades of red and brown. They have wide variety of hair colors but in that regard they share a common coloration as humans with the exception that some have natural raven black blue coloration. Their hair leads from their head and down to between their shoulder-blades. Similar to humans, females are not prone to facial hair.
Every Rathaki possess a second pair of arms. They are smaller and much leaner than their other pair with hands possessing 3 fingers and a thumb. The secondary arms are just under the primary and more on the chest. They aren't as strong but are used for manipulating objects such as pealing away fruits while they used their primary arms for climbing.
An average lifespan of a Rathaki is 90 Straza Cycles or 135 earth cycles.

The Numedan Triumvirate, as previously stated, is comprised of three different Rathaki empires that were have been around for thousands of years, almost constantly at odds with few moments of peace until they pushed into the Frontiers, space faring. The Triumvirate was created on a certain plain in Straza known as Numedan which has become the official capitol of the Triumvirate. Although no longer at war, the empires still share a streak of competition, trying often to one up each other which has become the reason of their accelerated technological evolution.
The three empires are the Vigod Dynasty, Ecchani Alliance and Maunardan Empire. Each are more populated with a certain race of the Rathaki yet the biggest difference between them is a certain skin color and height.
People under the Vigod Dynasty tend to be on average shorter than the others, 160cm for the males and 180 females, with red being a dominant skin color and light hair colors such as blonde. The culture is very traditional as they keep the strongest hold of ancient customs and the higher class and royalty can be easily offended with lack of courtesy and knowledge of their customs. The current head of the Vigod Dynasty is the young Empress Lui'na Vigod. Her dynasty has been the longest living dynasty in all of Rathaki history, ruling for over 6000 earth cycles with surprisingly lack of mingling with lower houses. The Vigod has the highest number of Rathaki populace with limited number of outsiders. The colors of the Vigod's military primary Green, Secondary gold and third white.
The Ecchani Alliance is the youngest of all the empires as it was originally formed from a rebel movement against the Maunardan Empire. They are arguably the most "progressive" empire of them all as they boast the largest number of non-rathaki populace as they happily welcome outsiders into their empire though in the past they have been rather violent about it, taking over alien civilizations and indoctrinate them into the Ecchani way of thought over time and completely taking over their government. They are far more diplomatic by now and are less iron fisted towards colonization. An ecchani Rathaki as they are known as have shades of light brown skin with patches of darker brown usually around the main forearms and shins while other patches varies on the individual. The average Ecchani rathaki male tends to be about 185cm in height while the female is 200cm. They also tend to have more slanted eyes and tighter mouthes. A very common eye color is garnet pink. The Ecchani military colors are Primary black, secondary red. The current emperor of the Ecchani is Naugua Dri'ka who is considered one of the younger emperors of the Ecchani.
The Maunardan Empire is probably the oldest empire in the triumvirate while the Vigod Dynasty is probably just a couple of centuries younger. Maunardan Rathaki are often the darkest of the three Rathaki races with lots of shades of dark red and reddish brown with smaller patches of lighter shades on the chest and stomach. Other patches varies on the individual and parentage. The average height of the male is 180cm and the female is 210cm and often doesn't deviate. The Maunardan Empire was the most powerful empire on Straza with origins of sea faring raiders turned traders. Often considered with barbaric origins by the other two empires, the Maunardan consider them selves pioneer explorers, boasting the first official Rathaki off world colony. The Maunardan Empire has more Rathaki members than outsiders but is not known for discrimination such as the Vigod possess. The Maunardan military's colors are Red with White and Blue. The current emperor of the Maunardan Empire is Dar'nu Tzar'dan who is over 30 cycles older than the Vigod Empress and former general of the Maunardan military.

The Rathaki people in general are not against the possession of cybernetic limbs or the such though they are against excessive use of them that are not military. Cybernetics are not considered a fashion choice as the natural conditioning of their bodies is highly respected and most of Rathaki competitions are done by limited modded athletes. Cheating in such competition is severely punished and the competitor is scorned.
As a united military force the Rathaki are to be highly respected and even feared. Their war procedures take the form of official contracts of restraint. Signing such a contract will make the Rathaki military powers restrain their powers and ignore certain targets and the use of certain weapons. Ignoring such a contract will cause the Rathaki people to be absolutely brutal in their approach, ignoring civilian life and what is ethically right.
I have made a species and a trio of governments for consideration.

Yeah, its acceptable!

Good news everyone! /Farnsworth

For those of you waiting in line, my position is open again. I've decided not to participate in this roleplay after all.

Oh... Well, that's unfortunate. Man, a lot of people seem to be dropping from this. Hopefully that's not an indication that this RP is gonna end badly :/

I'm sure it'll be fine.

I'm also going to be dropping. I wish you luck with the new players!

:/

I'm sorry to hear that so many people are dropping. Is it something I did?

I'm glad we still have people still around though!

:/

I'm sorry to hear that so many people are dropping. Is it something I did?

I'm glad we still have people still around though!
My money is on the space neko super kawaii captain who talks in the third person and the Draenei as generic space sluts.

It turned from firefly inspired to its own thing, and that killed the interest for some.

Oh... Well those carried over from a previous RP and I said it was "Firefly inspired in its own universe", but maybe people expected a flat-out Firefly RP.

Damn.

It's not because it wasn't Firefly straight up, trust me. I can't speak for everyone, but I wasn't expecting that at all.

Reactions: Kairia
Well it certainly seems like something put three people off, so who knows?

I just hope everyone else is willing to hang around ^^

Also, been revising my CS off-site, should be fixed soon. You guys get to posting your stuff, it'll be done by the end of this week.

For me it's just taking a really long time to get started and there's a HUGE confusion over who is playing and what role because the character roster isn't updated.

Reactions: Windsong
I will be dropping this as well... there are a lot of reasons that go into it, but I can say I was expecting a bit more organization and timeliness and general communication.

Reactions: Kairia
That does not sound good. So many drop outs. No goods. :c

@Zeebo a good many people have dropped out so as long as the GM is still intending to run this then I am sure you are more than welcome to. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.