You better work! (a thread about jobs)

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
My work history is an odd assortment, so I'll just stick to current positions:

Currently full-time employed with the Department of Defense, Defense Policy Review Initiative as an engineer, working as a master planner, out of the Republic of Korea.

Part time: Captain, US Air Force Reserve

The job I had started when I was 14. Of course, at that time, I was being paid under the table and a few dollars under minimum wage. Child labor laws kind of got a "Fuck you" in that situation. It was all good and well. I worked from about three, when I got out of school, to about six every weekday then 8am to 5pm on the weekends. It sure kept me busy but I still had plenty of time to nerd out with my brother. Then, when I was 16, I moved to my new home and started with a new construction company. Similar hours as when I was fourteen but I got paid a little better. After I graduated, I got hired on full time, working about 70 hours a week. I loved it. It was an amazing workout. Especially doing roofing. I didn't much care for it in the winter though. I still had time to lift weights and stuff after I got home which made me even happier. It wasn't the most illustrious job in the world, but for a twenty year old guy, it was damn sure good enough for me.

Unfortunately, I was laid off back in November. The company wasn't making enough money and I was the least experienced of the crew. I'm currently looking for a new job but still make enough money doing odd jobs for people!

i have "kinda" a job *more like work experience at Waitrose
waitrose-1355425.jpg

more information can on waitrose can be found at this link --->: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Waitrose

Money is top notch. All that working stuff, though, man. That stuff sucks.

Oh, I had small jobs before I ended up with this glorious one at the moment ^^

I have had worked at Dominos, Pizza Hut, small fish and chips.
Then my best friend encouraged me to get into Translations- Interpreting!@.@

And I did ! I love it <3. It's not a complicated job at all since I translate papers and interpreter for people from my country into English ha ha xD
Funny things half of my Clients it happens to be Gypsy >.> Romanian gypsy and I don't understand their dialect !@.@.

For the love of God I did said to my booking team colleagues to make sure before they send me for an assignment if they are 100% Romanians or gypsy ..>.>

It's funny how they try to explain their problems in Romanian :)) most of them speak Romanian as well, but gypsy is their dialect.

Gypsy language is not even an official Language lol xD.

Oh, I had small jobs before I ended up with this glorious one at the moment ^^

I have had worked at Dominos, Pizza Hut, small fish and chips.
Then my best friend encouraged me to get into Translations- Interpreting!@.@

And I did ! I love it <3. It's not a complicated job at all since I translate papers and interpreter for people from my country into English ha ha xD
Funny things half of my Clients it happens to be Gypsy >.> Romanian gypsy and I don't understand their dialect !@.@.

For the love of God I did said to my booking team colleagues to make sure before they send me for an assignment if they are 100% Romanians or gypsy ..>.>

It's funny how they try to explain their problems in Romanian :)) most of them speak Romanian as well, but gypsy is their dialect.

Gypsy language is not even an official Language lol xD.
I think maybe you're referring to romani chib?

I think maybe you're referring to romani chib?

No darling.
Proper Gypsy people from my country :). I know what I am talking about trust me >.>

They made a bad name for my people to here in the UK recently .

No darling.
Proper Gypsy people from my country :). I know what I am talking about trust me >.>

They made a bad name for my people to here in the UK recently .
Romani chib is "proper gypsy people" language, no?

Romani chib is "proper gypsy people" language, no?

I don't know the exact words used for their language name to be honest xD.

In English I think it would be translated as Rrom - language as they are Gypsy - Rrom ( not being racists but that's it says on their ID) :))

I've worked that the same job for over 5 years, it's easy and boring as hell, my DM is a cunt. That is all.

Status
Not open for further replies.