Yokai Academy

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Brian yawned and stretched, letting himself lean over the back of his chair as he tried to get his back to crack. But once again, to no prevail. He then rose, grabbing his books and things, he was getting tired of lugging them around. So, he decided to take them back up to his room. As he walked out from underneath the shaded spot, the sun began beating down on him again, and ofcourse he hated it. He began walking towards the school, passing by A'isha and Severin. Not realizing, he accidentally brushed up against her, and the touch set his emotions ablaze. It felt like the inside of his body was on fire suddenly, and he quickly sprinted for the school and his room.

His eyes were wide and shaky from the encounter, and halfway to his room the feeling slowly started to subside. He had never felt like this before, was it because he was a neko? He didn't know, he didn't care, all he knew was he wanted this feeling to go away. This searing sensation that was happening all over his body. Whatever the hell it was, he was going to be sure that it didn't happen again. Yet, his curiosity told him differently. It told him to continue with this little show of his, to stay here at the school like he was told. He hated the fact that he was here, but didn't need to be. His work back at home was much more important than this place. But, then again. He was the one who founded the charity to keep the shields of this place up and running, well not him but his family.

As he finally turned the corner onto the dorms, he slowed a bit. The burning was almost completely gone by now, and he could actually breathe regularly. He quickly examined his arms and face for any type of burn, especially the spot where he had rubbed up against her. But, there was nothing, and this blew his mind. How could something so strong leave absolutely no trace behind. This was ridiculous, and he quickly went into his room to study up on this phenomenon.

"I don't have one. At least, not one I can remember. My previous master, really she is my current master, but she has no need of me now, anyways, my master was one of great social status in England, and believed her servant must have a proper English name. I have held several before that, but I like that one the best." Severin smiles, again showing no teeth. Then, feeling the need to follow through on his explanation, he says, "My previous master, she wasn't cruel or mean or anything, but she required my service for some unknown reason. She would tell me, 'Oh, go o'er there, there be bad men.' and I'd clear out the place of less-than-desirables. Petty work, really, not something the Scotland Yard couldn't handle. I had saved her life many times, yes, but isn't that the Yard's job?" He was talking more to himself than A'isha now. "My job was to do exactly what she told me to do and protect her life over mine, and she told me to go specifically go to this school, so here I am. I'm not sure if she broke the contract or what, but if she contacts me at a later date, I am obligated to leave. That's me, what about you, my lady?" Severin kept on walking, slightly behind A'isha, but close enough to let it be known that he was with her. Not in a relationship, but in that he was going to protect her.

A'isha stared curiously in the direction Brian had run off to. Hope he's okay, she thought. As she walked, she listened quietly to Severin's story.

"What about me?" A'isha repeated. "I'm just... I'm just here because my mom sent me here. She didn't feel like dealing with me anymore, I guess," she told Severin, turning to look at him. "My father died when I was young, so my mother had to raise me by herself. I may be an only child but..." A'isha hesitated for a moment, not knowing how to finish the sentence. 'But I was a freak', 'I was a jerk', 'I was a pathetic excuse of a daughter', were some of the few things that came to her mind. Finally, A'isha finished her sentence, filling it in with something less pessimistic. "I may be an only child, but I was a handful."

A'isha smiled at him, though her voice had wavered slightly with the last sentence. "Anyway," she began, changing the subject, "Do you have any hobbies or anything? Something you like doing in whatever spare-time you may have had?"

Severin smiled a little, ruefully. When he was with a master at any time, he didn't have any spare time, except when he was given time to sleep. "Before I started taking service jobs, I liked to-" He stops, not sure how to finish the statement. When he was living with his father, most of the time he was locked in the basement of the house, forced to kill rats to stay alive, to lick the damp walls for water. "I liked to draw." When he was in one of his more dark moments, Severin would draw graphic pictures of him killing his father, in any way imaginable. "I didn't know my mother. She was out of my life before I had a chance to. I know a few languages, like Latin, Greek, and German, but I haven't found a use for them." Severin had picked up those languages, including English, by the other Daemons and vampires attempting to lay claim to the Halfling boy Armenius Virus Macedonius had somehow spawned.

Halflings were rarely made, species couldn't mix genes properly, and when they were, the child usually had birth defects. Those who didn't, which was unbelievably rare, had extraordinary powers that both the father's and mother's kind coveted. This was Severin's case. Nearly every day of his childhood, he could hear the shouts of Daemons and vampires alike, trying to win his father over in selling the boy. But, the one good quality of his father was in that he never sold Severin to be used as a weapon for either kind: every offer, no matter how good, how much they needed it, was turned down.

Severin, not realizing he had stopped, started. "Apologies, my lady. It seems I had become lost in thought." He catches up to her. Quite soon, an awkward silence builds up to a crescendo. In an attempt to stop it, Severin plainly announces, "A monk may feel accepted by existence but will never feel comfortable with family."

She smiled. "Don't apologize, I zone out all the time," A'isha told him. Her smile widened when she heard his quote. "Is it not the same case with many other people?" A'isha asked, glancing at him. "But don't get down on that," she said, though she didn't know why, "Sometimes, you find that your real family isn't blood related."

She looked away, looking up at the sky.

Severin smiles smally, his eyes betraying the pain he felt from his reminiscing. "Your words are true." he says simply. "The more I talk to you, the more I find myself becoming attached to you." Severin says, facepalming himself when he finds that he said it out loud. "A-apologies, my lady. Th-that was uncalled for and inappropriate." He stammers. He stops walking and begins wringing his hands. "Please forgive me." he drops to one knee.

((Sorry it's so short. Ive been distracted lately, and waiting for Carter to reply certainly isn't helping.))