Yaoi/Yuri fan? Why?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't like yaoi and yuri. >:[ I read romance for the self-insertion factor and I am super straight. So it's harder for me to self insert in to nonstraight romances. O_O Not to say I don't enjoy those kinds of stories when I DO read/watch them, cause I'm gonna enjoy a good story no matter what. BUT I don't actively seek yaoi or yuri stories cause it just doesn't interest me.

I'm gay, so I suppose it goes without saying that I enjoy male on male romances, but as other people have mentioned when it comes to yaoi it really does contain a LOT of things that make me very uncomfortable. I still look for it, but I'm incredibly picky and even the few things I do like almost always have something I don't like in them that I'm just forcing myself to ignore or pretend don't exist. (I've even been so far as to sometimes download yaoi and rewrite some of the dialogue lines on photoshop)

I think that's one of the great things about roleplaying, though. It allows you to play out a story that you actually like, rather than just finding one that someone else has written without your consideration.

As for yuri - well, it certainly can be cute but I'm generally not as interested in it as I am with yaoi because it's not as relatable, I suppose. I still find it more interesting than hetero romances, though - I suppose they're shoved in my face so much that I've had enough of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.