GROUP RP PLOTTING Y Crisis

The timeline goes World War 2, Cold War, Y Crisis begins, Second Cold War, World War 3. They didn't immediatly go into WW3 after the Y Crisis, having time to try and figure out how to solve it first before some countries resorted to such drastic measures.

If the US did split, it would have to be at the time of the second cold war. Maybe some states with higher male populations were being called upon by the federal government to "trade" them out to other states to help them out, but they didn't like this so these states with higher male populations left the nation to form their own alliance. That alliance could have emperialistic expansion.

For technology, don't go as far as teleportation and space combat, but I'll give you some leeway.

What countries would the second cold war be between? I don't think it would be big enough to cause a difference or even take place.

Tensions between whatever countries would be planning on invading for the male populations could cause the cold war, but I guess it could just go straight into WW3 once these tensions heat up.

The US won't split up then. Any bad guys from there would have to just be from some organization. We need more bad guys, so how about...*draws random ideas out of nowhere* Brazil? India? I'll look at a map and try to come up with some more.

France is good enough as a big enemy. Brazil doesn't have a big force at all. India would get annihilated. If you want more, add Germany allying with France, along with Spain. Britain and Russia with us. And to make it fun, Afghanistan and middle eastern countries either neutral or with Germany and Japan and China with us.

The US with Russia, China, Japan, and Britain seems like an unstoppable force to me. Middle Eastern nations will start out neutral but lean toward helping Germany like you said. How about Egypt helping Germany/France/Spain?

It wouldn't. How bout germany france spain and middle eastern. They may unite in this alternate universe.

Maybe the changes to history started during WW2. France came out of the war as a major world power and got a treaty with Germany that ended the war. Hitler died sooner then he did in our history and France held off the Germans the entire war, so that helped lead to their end. The two countries had another more secretive treaty and during the Y Crisis they started their expansions inward to crush the European countries with help from Spain (and possibly Italy?). At this point United Kingdom countries and Russia are the first to try and counter attack while a Japan/United States alliance sends over troops as well. However, this France is much more powerful and is a force to be reconed with under an influential new female leader. I'm not so certain about China coming into the war at this point, but if you insist they can. A United Arab Alliance from the middle east might be more of a third party but does lean more toward France and friends with trade and things like that and may outright join them later on.

I think that sounds good. I'm working on tech's right now. I have a pistol drawn out and am working on an assault rifle, smg, sniper rifle, and grenade launcher. Modern tech that helps advancement shall come along as we go. Cause, explaining these guns in simple terms may be hard, as they are more sci-fi. So, you should start an ooc, now that we have all basic plot info out of the way.

I think we should have one thing from borderlands though. The sdu packs. That holds guns, but should be limited to 12 items; 4 weapons, 4 health items, and 4 misc (includes a portable shield that fits to your body, and various items you may want on your person)

How would the pack not be insanely bulky while still storing so much without using hammer space, which is far to unrealistic for me? I can see it holding a few smaller and thinner guns, but nothing major.

For health packs, maybe like some sort of injection that helps speed up the bodies natural healing?

For personal shields, having some transparent bubble/wall/whatever pop out and deflect attacks seems far too sci-fi rather then a realistic near future, unless you have other ideas for what a shield would count as.

I'm working on the OOC now.

An item is at point a where it is stored. Your at point b. Point a has a machine that breaks down said item. Point b has the second half to bring item and reconstruct it. Sound cool?

I think that would be cool. Speeding regeneration is not far off.

I guess trash shield. I wasn't saying bubble, but like in borderlands. But that seems hard to think of in real science.

I mean, we are killing the y chromosome in 1940-50. Come on now. We haven't been able to break down our code except to its basic form and not enough to manipulate it.

Here's a link about teleportation below. While you're not talking about humans, which would involve far more issues, creating objects large/complex enough to be used as weapons would still have a few problems mentioned in the article, such as the energy cost of assembling it. The cost/energy per device would be mind boggling.
<o:p> </o:p>
P.S. Expect bad language. The article is funny/interesting, so don't skip the sections that only relate to humans issues of teleportation:
http://www.cracked.com/article_19626_6-realities-teleportation-star-trek-didnt-warn-us-about.html
What's a trash shield? I've never played this game. Is it just like it sounds? I guess I can allow some type of shielding if there's a realistic way of doing it.
For killing the Y Chromosome, we didn't have an understanding of it or intentionally manipulate it (correctly). It was an accident. For the spread of the virus, I'm going to have to involve some sabotage because the GCA might not be able to realistically epic fail enough to have their failed product infect most of the world using an airborn virus as a medium for transportation.

That only explains human transportation. But I get the point. I guess we'll go old school and use straps.

I meant trash the shield idea. There's no "trash shield" in game. It's a first person shooter RPG. Amazing game, you should play it.

I still don't like sabotage idea because it would be extremely secret and people would be closely guarded and monirered at all times. Its like walking into a swarm of zombies with a cut and expecting not to get bitten.

A "Trash shield" sounds like it could be cool idea! lol

As for buying the game, I have my sights on other games that are of higher priority.

Your argument on the sabotage is valid, but the alternative of them somehow accidentally releasing it on everyone is also unlikely. Maybe an accident in the lab blew it up and released the chemicals into the air? However, the chemicals wouldn't float over to the city and start infecting enough people to go around the world quickly. This may take a lot of thought to make a believable scenario.

That depends on the strength of the wind really. And don't get my hopes up about zombies. I want zombies. :sword: Not in this thread.

And don't get my hopes up about zombies. I want zombies. :sword: Not in this thread.
Zombie Crisis could be a good spinoff, but not in the main Y Crisis series. Maybe the men become zombies rather then become extinct.

An airborne virus doesn't necessarily have to work that way.

Lets start with one person being infected but he doesn't know and integrates back into society. Well he infects one person by coughing. Some gets on another guy. Well both them cough on 2 more guys and infects them. So on and so forth. Not to mention female carriers.

So to clarify this plot point, they're using a lab engineered virus to alter the Y Chromosome in some way, which ends up slowly destroying the Y Chromosome, although people don't know this happened because it doesn't have an effect on that generation. All they know is that the tests failed. The test subjects are let home after this failure, unwittingly spreading the highly contagious virus around.

An airborne virus doesn't necessarily have to work that way.

Lets start with one person being infected but he doesn't know and integrates back into society. Well he infects one person by coughing. Some gets on another guy. Well both them cough on 2 more guys and infects them. So on and so forth. Not to mention female carriers.

Wind can help spread an airborne virus though.

I understand karazura. I mentioned it doesn't work JUST by wind.

And yes, that is the basic plot.