XCOM Long War - Iwaku Within

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everyone else posted looks..

Bald or buzzed black hair. Biggest beard they've got.

It provides cushion for the recoil.

All requests noted.

Though just to give you guys a rough idea of updates.
I've already started the campaign, 3 missions in, 1st month.
It's been nothing but a squads of 6 rookies fighting sectoids and drones, and all getting their promotions.
Rookies meaning none of you people have been made yet, since class assignment for them hasn't happened yet.

And I most likely won't be promoting anyone until the 2nd Month for the simple reason of having more options.
Since rookies vary on starting stats, some soldiers will be more suited to one class than another.
So I'm training as many rookies as possible now, so there's the biggest selection to make you guys bad-ass once the time rolls around where specialized classes will be needed.

And once you guys are a thing, it will only be the tough/tricky missions (and initial character creation) I'll be making updates on.
Because otherwise any day I play XCOM you guys will be spammed by multiple posts that are essentially "You guys did a mission, you got meld, you shot aliens. Nothing serious happened".

-------

Also to give a rough idea as to how I'm choosing which rookie is which class.
(Note: Second Wave Commanders Choice is on, meaning any rookie can be any of the 8 classes).
(Note 2: Durability means a combination of HP and Defense Value).

Sniper: High Aim, Low Mobility and Durability
They're firing from across the Map, they need good Aim. But they also tend to be fairly stationary, and out of harms way.

Scout: High Mobility and Durability
Mobility so they can scout ahead, Durability because there other job is to trigger enemy Overwatch.

Medic: High Mobility and Will
Main responsibility is to provide support, may it be buffs or healing. They should be able reach where they need to get to, and be less susceptible to Panic.

Engineers: Low Aim
Since Grenades don't rely of accuracy oddly enough, and they honestly don't have a massive need for any high stat. However Low Aim likely means their other stats are higher.

Infantry: High Aim
These guys are going to be the one's shooting multiple times per turn (3 at the optimal amount), so the value of High Aim multiplies with these guys.

Assault: Low Aim, High Mobility and Durability
There job is to get close with a shotgun, accuracy isn't much of an issue.

Rocketeer: Moderate Aim
Rocket's in Long War do rely on Aim. But being an "Oh Shit!" button, they won't be used often enough to warrant taking high Aim soldiers away from Infantry or Snipers.

Gunner: All around balanced stats, with a leaning towards Aim.
These guys are mainly meant to keep people pinned, meaning they need to reach said targets and have some durability against them. Plus they use Light Machine Guns, which are destructive with high Aim, but the Class itself gains Aim rather slowly. Basically they value every stat fairly well, but since troop stats work on a RNG point system, expecting an Ace everywhere is unrealistic. So we need to settle for a Jack of all Trades guy.

Last edited:
So, it dawned on me that I should go take some screenshots of the base layout and stuff so you guys would know what's up.
And it just so happened then that the very next mission had something happen.

"Two Possibilities exist: either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying".

So now it's time for the XCOM Project, first thing to do is to pick our base.

2015-05-11_00001_zps7jwusbpl.jpg

Let's go with Nigeria, Mobility is very Important. :3

Next let's see our base layout.

2015-05-11_00003_zpszisnkynn.jpg

I'm going to need some Satellite's up ASAP, more money, more bonuses, more staff.
First Target? Africa!

But we'll need the Satellites to work with the Uplink too.

2015-05-11_00002_zpsmbom6rvt.jpg

There we go, all better. :)
Now that Engineering is up to speed, let's choose what to Research.

2015-05-11_00005_zpsub2qjtgx.jpg

I think I'll go with Xenobiology.
That lets me trade Sectoid corpses for Scientists.
More Scientists means more Science.
More Science means more Technology.
More Technology is good. :3

2015-05-11_00004_zpspajjkivb.jpg

Oh yea, Mexico ditched us.

Now, with all that under way let's do a mission shall we?
And I don't know about you, but I'm really craving me some Meld.

2015-05-11_00007_zpscyeij50x.jpg

Oh... This doesn't look so good. :(

2015-05-11_00008_zps1bcwct2f.jpg

Yea, I kind of figured.

2015-05-211_00008_zpsrzjuaw6x.jpg

Poor Sod.

Now, what important lesson did this experience teach us?

2015-05-11_00009_zpsvobnhs6h.jpg

Though thankfully, other than that Fiasco the Mission went by with little trouble. :)

2015-05-11_00010_zps0ran5ibt.jpg

Still sucks that we lost a guy though...

2015-05-11_00011_zpswyj9m1sc.jpg

Nice stuff, I'm feeling all better now! :)

Last edited:
Also, I updated the first post to be a bit more pretty and convenient.
I hope you guys like it. :3

Edit: Ok, tweaked again. The Spoilers were getting messy.

Last edited:
Voice/Accent: Damn, no female Brits! I'll go with Russian.
Looks like the update notes I read lied, there is female British.
I'm going to assume that's what you want instead then? :P

Episode 2 has been posted.
For neatness sake I'll just be adding them to the OP.

P.S Bomb Missions be bitch. >.<

I am digging this. Shame I'm totally shit at X-Com..

Maybe I'll do an Iwaku RimWorld..

I just read update 2, glad to see the faces of our teams and the notG36Ks that are used in alien slaying.

I'm thinking we need somebody with a rocket launcher at some point. Terrible things are going to happen.

Also, it's a good thing I exist!

So far, I love the write ups and the humour's pretty on point. You have a very enjoyable way to write.

• Thank You
Reactions: Gwazi Magnum
I am digging this. Shame I'm totally shit at X-Com..

Maybe I'll do an Iwaku RimWorld..
I'm not that good either. :P
It's part of the reason for all the tweaks that were made. :P
I'm thinking we need somebody with a rocket launcher at some point. Terrible things are going to happen.
Totally, I would have made Rocketeer a Priority if not for the fact I wanted to fulfill everyone's requests before bringing in anyone new.
Also, it's a good thing I exist!
Agreed. If not for your insane Mobility that Bomb would have blown up right in our faces.
So far, I love the write ups and the humour's pretty on point. You have a very enjoyable way to write.
eRagOx6.gif

I just read update 2, glad to see the faces of our teams and the notG36Ks that are used in alien slaying.
Not sure what you mean by G36Ks. Google says it's a Gun Model, but XCOM has never used Guns as a character face. :/
Unless if KFC is in reference to the Bombs, I have no idea what this means either. :/

I love our poster for this.

• Thank You
And seriously, if there's a Train Station, keep me away. Or at leas, make me die heroically.

The resemblance is uncanny, yo.
Oh, you mean the SMG. XD
Don't worry, we'll reach laser weaponry soon enough.
Hopefully before the first terror mission.

Terror Mission... Yeay! >.<

Nice, good luck bro, what difficulty you playin on?

Nice, good luck bro, what difficulty you playin on?
Normal.

I'm not that good of an XCOM Player normally, and Long War seriously ups the challenge factor.

You want in? We have great life insurance. :3

Normal.

I'm not that good of an XCOM Player normally, and Long War seriously ups the challenge factor.

You want in? We have great life insurance. :3
I don't blame you, I tried to blame even regular Enemy Within on Hard and my goodness

That is brutal

I can't even imagine doing it on classic

Anyways sure bro

I don't blame you, I tried to blame even regular Enemy Within on Hard and my goodness

That is brutal

I can't even imagine doing it on classic
Yea... Then you got the Mod Authors suggesting Normal on Long War even if you can do I/I on Vanilla. :/
Anyways sure bro
kk. This is the CS so I know what to do with your guy.

Character Name:
Nickname: (Assuming your guy lives to reach the rank that unlocks it).
Preferred Sex: (I cannot change the sex of soldiers, so depending on my roster I might not have enough room for everyone to be the sex they want to be).
Class: (I suggest making a back up in case one becomes too popular).
MEC: (Would you like to be turned into a MEC when the time comes? Note the number of people here will be limited due to Meld restrictions in game)
Voice/Accent:
Skin Color:
General Appearance: (Please note there's only so much that I can customize, so if you're not already aware of the games options try to keep it simple).

Status
Not open for further replies.