Writing Improvement!

• Are you trapped under quarantine, still waiting for posts, and bored out of your mind? Join us in the Discord Server where we chat about a bunch of nonsense, sometimes voice chat, or play vidya games!

SanDeigoThankYou

Just a hoe looking for a quality rp
Original poster
Roleplay Invitations
One on One Roleplays, Chat Roleplays, Private Convo Roleplays
Posting Speed
Several Posts a Day, A Few Posts A Day, One Post a Day, A Few Posts a Week
My Usual Online Time
7:00-12:00 PM Eastern Time
Writing Levels
Beginner, Elementary, Intermediate, Adept, Adaptable
Genders You Prefer Playing
Male, Primarily Prefer Male
Playing Style- Passive or Aggressive
Both but direction is nice
Favorite Genres
Modern and Post Apocalyptic
Genre You DON'T Like
Fantasy, School settings
Hi, I'm new to Iwaku and I've been writing and rping for a while but never felt like it was...as rich as I'd like it to be. I've wanted to improve my skills for quite some time but always lacked the direction. If anyone is willing to give me pointers on how to improve or rp as well, I'd absolutely love the help. Naturally, I'd prefer constructive criticism. Hit me up if you're interested!

XIII

Professional Sleeper
Roleplay Invitations
Group Roleplays, One on One Roleplays
Posting Speed
Speed of Light, Several Posts a Day, A Few Posts A Day, One Post a Day, A Few Posts a Week, One Post a Week
My Usual Online Time
On my phone all day, but I can reply in the evenings.
Writing Levels
Intermediate, Adept, Advanced, Prestige, Douche, Adaptable
Genders You Prefer Playing
Male, Female, Primarily Prefer Female
Playing Style- Passive or Aggressive
Passive and Aggressive. I don't mind leading the story, but I don't enjoy doing it all the time.
Favorite Genres
Romance, Fantasy. Always some kind of non-human involved. (Such a vampires, succubi, incubi, etc.)
Genre You DON'T Like
Futuristic, horror, monster girl encyclopedia, robotics, ghouls.
I'm here if you need any pointers! I take long hiatus breaks for way too long, but the thing I found helps me most is ALL in the descriptions. First off:

"She walked down the street and turned into the building."

Could very easily be:

"Her footsteps danced down the street, emerald eyes gazing about as the moon held high in the sky. A light breeze brushed her raven hair behind her shoulder, lithe frame turning to enter into the ornate door frame."

It's ALL about descriptions. How would you describe your house, or what the weather is like?

When you're replying to someone, work off their post; read a couple sentences then respond to just that part, what your character is feeling and thinking, then read more, then write more, etc.

Hope that helped!