Writing Improvement!

S

SanDago

Original poster
Hi, I'm new to Iwaku and I've been writing and rping for a while but never felt like it was...as rich as I'd like it to be. I've wanted to improve my skills for quite some time but always lacked the direction. If anyone is willing to give me pointers on how to improve or rp as well, I'd absolutely love the help. Naturally, I'd prefer constructive criticism. Hit me up if you're interested!

I'm here if you need any pointers! I take long hiatus breaks for way too long, but the thing I found helps me most is ALL in the descriptions. First off:

"She walked down the street and turned into the building."

Could very easily be:

"Her footsteps danced down the street, emerald eyes gazing about as the moon held high in the sky. A light breeze brushed her raven hair behind her shoulder, lithe frame turning to enter into the ornate door frame."

It's ALL about descriptions. How would you describe your house, or what the weather is like?

When you're replying to someone, work off their post; read a couple sentences then respond to just that part, what your character is feeling and thinking, then read more, then write more, etc.

Hope that helped!

Reactions: WickedWitch
Thanks for the reply! I'm sorry I haven't gotten along to responding sooner, I didn't see this until now.

And that is good advice. I've been doing something similar for a while and while it does work well, it takes me ions and a good deal of stress to do so. Perhaps because I'm still new to it?